Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Universal Tickplan for r34 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198246)

Light 18 Oct 2009 16:11

Universal Tickplan for r34

Decided i should create my own thread for this, considering its being constantly updated. Then i can dedicated the other thread to actual start help.

StartGuide is a spreadsheet which allows you to plan your first 50-100 ticks in Planetarion. It allows you to set your Race/Goverment/Research Path/Construction Path and Population settings, it then will show you the all the relevent data about your strategy, including res/con completion times, resources at each tick.. etc.

Download Link: http://sites.google.com/site/katie00...edirects=0&d=1

Features:
Works for any Race.
Works for any Goverment.
Works for the new Startup Bonus in 34.
Allows you to alter tick 0 specifications to any you choose (i.e. start with 100 roids? 200 roids? etc.)
Allows you to specify any research path.
Allows you to specify any construction path.
Gives you recommendations on population settings for each tick to gain maximum benefit.
Allows you to override the population settings for each tick, to any amount you specify.
Shows you resource amounts you'll have at each tick (factoring in mines/research and all relevent bonuses).
Allows you to take your upgrade bonus at any time and see the results.

Updates:
18th October: Added in population settings.
18th October: Added in Upgrade Bonus.

Things to Do:
Add a shipbuilder option, so you can figure out how many ships you can buy at a given tick.
Add in potential roid capping for ticks24+, where you can input how many roids you expect to cap.
Extend to 100ticks+

Bugs:
Using construction upgrade bonus when its going to result in you being infra capped, can have some strange results.. Will be fixed soonish.
Upgrade Bonus is completly bugged at the moment. ETA Till Fix - Unknown
When setting your research path, if you change an earlier research which a later research relys on, it can bug out.. So check that your research paths are correct and you dont have for example 'Mining-2' without a Mining-1.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Light

Hiall 18 Oct 2009 19:00

Re: Universal Tickplan for r34

Very nice Light. Thanks for all the effort :D The bonus integration will be perfect.. saves me having to think
Before first 72 was auto pilot.. I would have possibly had to use my brain without this tool :D

Light 18 Oct 2009 22:56

Update: Added in Upgrade Bonus.

Its abit buggy for constructions at the moment, as the infra-capped code is interfering with it. Will try and fix that by tomorrow if i get time, although i dont really know many people who use the construction upgrade bonus.. Its always research :p

Edit: Upgrade bonus is bugged, ignore it at the moment. (Startup Bonus works fine)

Light 19 Oct 2009 14:47

Update: Upgrade bonus is completly broken at the moment for anything other than tick 0, dont know if i'll have time to fix it before the round starts. So dont use the 'upgrade' bonus other than on tick 0, as the results will be wrong. Note: Startup Bonus still works fine :)

Remy 19 Oct 2009 15:34

Perfect tickstrategy !..........

.....or you can just have fun when you start developing your planet, and do whatever feels right when you login again......

(P.S.: It is well developed though. Nice stuff)

Light 20 Oct 2009 16:52

Update: Doing a complete code rewrite to allow for upgrade bonus at any time.. Should be ready for friday or end of the weekend at latest. Also changing the data page to add more values to change and adding in a statistics page so give you an overview of your chosen tickplan showing all the major details in a nice easy to read format.

Crantor 20 Oct 2009 22:02

I never cease to be amazed by you light. Your dedication and posted helps are a god send for those of us not as technical. I really appreciate all your work and have no doubt you will work all the bugs out, just get it back out there so we can download it. I have no doubt it is going to be good from what you've said about it.

Please keep coming up with all these gems.

:D

Light 20 Oct 2009 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crantor (Post 3183203)
I never cease to be amazed by you light. Your dedication and posted helps are a god send for those of us not as technical. I really appreciate all your work and have no doubt you will work all the bugs out, just get it back out there so we can download it. I have no doubt it is going to be good from what you've said about it.

Please keep coming up with all these gems.

:D

The old version is still available for download on the main post. Just dont use the upgrade bonus past tick 0 as that bugs it out.

Im just rewriting it to be easier to understand and iron all the bugs out in one go.. So next version (which will be out before the end of this weekend) should be alot better with more options but easier to understand whats going on :p

xtrasyn 25 Oct 2009 16:37

Hey Light, muchly appreciate your work on this. Any chance we see version delta anytime soon? :)

Light 25 Oct 2009 17:28

erm no idea. It should of been done for today but i got distracted. I'll try and work on it tonight and monday, will give you a update status monday night (or hopefully its in a finished state by then).

xtrasyn 25 Oct 2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3183413)
erm no idea. It should of been done for today but i got distracted. I'll try and work on it tonight and monday, will give you a update status monday night (or hopefully its in a finished state by then).

That would be awesome, thanks! :)

snoops^ 25 Oct 2009 23:43

ty Light =)

BaasB 28 Oct 2009 00:35

When using the plan,
it doesnt use the correct research points every tick

for instance:

1200 (-204)
996 (-192)
804 (-192)
612 (-192)
420 (-192)
228 (-192)
36 (-192)

Why does it only use correct research points in first tick?
I kept the population etc the same...
so its very strange

Light 28 Oct 2009 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaasB (Post 3183541)
When using the plan,
it doesnt use the correct research points every tick

for instance:

1200 (-204)
996 (-192)
804 (-192)
612 (-192)
420 (-192)
228 (-192)
36 (-192)

Why does it only use correct research points in first tick?
I kept the population etc the same...
so its very strange

Please state the exact problem so i can reinact it. Your race, goverment, population and construction tree.

BaasB 28 Oct 2009 09:12

Cath, Uni, 25-50-25...
i think the problem is in overriding your pop-setup when i download it...
when changing it to 25-50-25, it only changes the first tick.
when i overide second tick to 25-50-25, nothing happens...

So then all finishing ticks for researches are wrong...

reconverse 28 Oct 2009 22:13

Simular problem;

According to your plan with:

Xan - Demo
25% mine
50% res
25% con

startupbonus used for 7 constructions inc. 2 res.labs
startupbonus used for hct1/hct2/core1
started hulls1
used last res.points from startupbonus on hulls.

Now according to tickplan hulls should be done in tick2.
According to in-game hulls are done in tick3.

So somewhere something isnt correct.
Extra info: I used the startup guide you posted...

Light 28 Oct 2009 22:23

K, isolated the problem, was referencing the wrong cell for tick 1+ onwards. Give me an hour to change it all and reupload.

reconverse 28 Oct 2009 22:32

Take your time ...

Thanks for putting in the effort :)

Light 28 Oct 2009 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconverse (Post 3183596)
Simular problem;

According to your plan with:

Xan - Demo
25% mine
50% res
25% con

startupbonus used for 7 constructions inc. 2 res.labs
startupbonus used for hct1/hct2/core1
started hulls1
used last res.points from startupbonus on hulls.

Now according to tickplan hulls should be done in tick2.
According to in-game hulls are done in tick3.

So somewhere something isnt correct.
Extra info: I used the startup guide you posted...

Fixed.
http://sites.google.com/site/katie00...edirects=0&d=1

LukeyLove 29 Oct 2009 01:39

Very impressive Light, I dont understand half of it - but it looks good in any case!

Light 29 Oct 2009 02:35

Most of it is useless information for the normal person... you just need to look at the completion ticks for your research/construction.

However, its got the information for each tick, as well as changing population for each tick in there.. for the more detailed person :p

I'm working on a much simplier tickplan creator, which puts all the relevent information in a better way but its reached afew hiccups :p

Makhil 29 Oct 2009 05:49

what would be great is if it could calculate the resources left after initiating the roids... for people not doing 100 roids of each.

RuBBeR 29 Oct 2009 12:53

nice work!

Light 29 Oct 2009 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3183612)
what would be great is if it could calculate the resources left after initiating the roids... for people not doing 100 roids of each.

What do you mean? You can init up to 400 roids i think it is at tick 0.. So you shouldnt need to init anymore.

You can change the tick0 starting resources and roids to whatever you want.

That spreadsheet actually has the init'ing code in it (as it was designed for last round), however.. I cant do any automatic calculations for what you start with on tick0 due to the quests interfering with it.

bobthe 30 Oct 2009 01:24

Bah, you protected the worksheet! What's the PW to unprotect it? I want to see the formulas =)

bobthe 30 Oct 2009 01:28

Resources for each tick are not updating when I change starting roids.

bobthe 30 Oct 2009 01:39

It also needs the ability to select nothing for any/all of the startup con bonuses. This is because it may put you at a con cap earlier, and may be more efficient to use the remaining con bonus later.

Light 30 Oct 2009 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthe (Post 3183667)
Resources for each tick are not updating when I change starting roids.

You need to change the resources you start with as well.

Light 30 Oct 2009 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthe (Post 3183668)
It also needs the ability to select nothing for any/all of the startup con bonuses. This is because it may put you at a con cap earlier, and may be more efficient to use the remaining con bonus later.

Thats too hard to implement, as if i do that.. then ive got to allow you to select when you want to use bits of it.

However, the reality is... Is it worth not spending your con points at the start? and missing out on the finance/mine income?

Light 30 Oct 2009 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthe (Post 3183666)
Bah, you protected the worksheet! What's the PW to unprotect it? I want to see the formulas =)

I'll unprotect the update when i finally finish it (probably wont be finished for this round now.. as the formula's in the current spreadsheet and the layout is 'wtf').

Light 30 Oct 2009 14:34

Note: someone just complained to me that changing the starting roids to 500 doesnt change the income.. REMEMBER, the spreadsheet calcs HCT capped as well.. so if you're initing 301+ roids, you need the mining-3 done as well :) Also remember, the spreadsheet also calculates construction cost.

Hude 30 Oct 2009 15:11

i'd spread your sheet if u kno wut i mean

ps. i beat linkie to it

ellonweb 30 Oct 2009 16:24

Any chance of getting something like this in Google Docs or some other equivalent that runs in a browser?

Light 30 Oct 2009 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3183720)
Any chance of getting something like this in Google Docs or some other equivalent that runs in a browser?

Google Docs isnt powerful enough, i tried already.

Steve_G 30 Oct 2009 18:43

the fact that this is only available in excel is compelte and utter garbage :/

JDD 31 Oct 2009 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_G (Post 3183733)

Try downloading Open Office 3.1 its free, and works with the spreadsheet just fine.

eltsin 31 Oct 2009 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_G (Post 3183733)

You could do your own in some other random spreadsheet program, like Google Docs or whatever, and share it with the community.

Thanks Light, for creating this, using your own spare time and at no cost to the community.

Light 31 Oct 2009 18:34

Update, fixed a research lab bug.
http://sites.google.com/site/katie00...edirects=0&d=1

Reese 18 Mar 2010 22:39

:(

Wishmaster 19 Mar 2010 03:04

can we plz remove these mundane quests? Are they really helping anyone in their current form? It just annoys me I have to do the same shit each round :(

HellKicker 19 Mar 2010 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3189822)
can we plz remove these mundane quests? Are they really helping anyone in their current form? It just annoys me I have to do the same shit each round :(

They are supposed to help new players get into the game. We want (need) new players.

An idea might be an option to allow experienced players to skip the quests (getting the rewards all at once). It could also be combined with the passport system, but i really see no reason why experienced players shouldn't be able to press a "i've done this before, now hand me my bonuses!" button.

Mzyxptlk 19 Mar 2010 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishmaster (Post 3189822)
it just annoys me i have to do the same shit each round :(

hahahahaha

Wishmaster 19 Mar 2010 12:11

I like ur idea HK. Should be fairly easy with the Passport system idd.

And mz, I see your point! :(

Reincarnate 29 Jul 2010 14:58

just stumble upon this thread. seems like a useful tool however, waves-7 doesnt seem to exist in the drop down box? and is there a version that isnt protected?

Pug 3 Aug 2010 13:49

You should be able to turn the protection off once you load it.

OpenOffice it's under Tools-->Protect Document

I imagine Excel would be fairly similar.

Reincarnate 3 Aug 2010 23:35

it has a password

Pug 4 Aug 2010 02:35

Go get OpenOffice then - it's free.

Mzyxptlk 4 Aug 2010 07:10

Heh.

Aragon 1 Sep 2014 22:05

what ETA means i need to research it at beginning what does it mean ?

snoops^ 1 Sep 2014 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragon (Post 3235444)
what ETA means i need to research it at beginning what does it mean ?

ETA= Estimated Time of Arrival, it referes to the travel tech research