Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   No longer just a Theory (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199149)

aNgRyDuCk 22 Dec 2010 03:23

No longer just a Theory

We (CT) are writing to (the players of Planetarion) to inform you of our intent to challenge for the number #1 spot in Round 40.

Since our formation 20 rounds ago we've had some good times and bad, and unfortunately most of our recent times haven't necessarily reflected the alliance at our best. The reasons for this are irrelevant, and I have no intentions of making any excuses....needless to say things have been slacked, and a lot of things have been overlooked. This will no longer be the case. In light of this being our 20th Anniversary, we will crack down on undisciplined play within CT (starting with a new, restructured HC team) and actually take the fight to our opponents.

Last round for us was very much a case of getting back at Imperia for what we felt were excessive and disruptive recruitment tactics. They didn't win, so our goal was very much realized in that respect. Having met that particular goal, we intend to go in to next round with a clean slate politically ( A New Year - "as we forgive each one of those who've sinned against us" etc) and approach next round with more concern for our own performance than that of everyone else's.

Expect renewed vigor and zeal from Conspiracy Theory in R40.. in addition to a highly motivated, and dead serious, aNgRyDuCk, GM, and HC/Command Cadre.

We won our debut round, and as a tribute to all those present at the time or have contributed since, we shall strive to repeat that victory. There is not, and should never be any other goal, and that will be our frame of mind from this point forward.

"Thou shalt take us for fools no longer, lest ye be made fools of in return"

Regards,

CT HC

Kaiba 22 Dec 2010 07:14

Re: No longer just a Theory

Please dont take this in the sarcastic way it sounds i am genuinely curious, does this mean you will be a group of super active, hardcores mofos or is this just because cos you have arranged naps with App and so on for rd 40?

Paisley 22 Dec 2010 07:32

I am a free agent for R40
If CT is going to break the mould from their recent set up.
Drop me a PM to talk shop.

Elevator 22 Dec 2010 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk (Post 3202769)
Having met that particular goal, we intend to go in to next round with a clean slate politically ( A New Year - "as we forgive each one of those who've sinned against us" etc) and approach next round with more concern for our own performance than that of everyone else's.

Would that mean Ministry would be welcome back as well?:banana:

ReligFree 22 Dec 2010 11:54

Ha, great to hear ad. Has it really been 20 rounds? Jeez, still remember forming the BGs in that first round. Best of luck mate

aNgRyDuCk 22 Dec 2010 12:11

any of you want to have a serious conversation with me about it, I'm sure you know where to find me

lokken 23 Dec 2010 00:51

just make it interesting.

mazzelaar 23 Dec 2010 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3202805)
just make it interesting.

Oh, I will!*

* Not actually true

VampiriA 23 Dec 2010 15:14

good luck.. and it should be an easy task with ur "newly recruited" players ;)
and as only opposition is imp and ND... with all the rest playing small bg style...

joopster 23 Dec 2010 15:15

I'm there to DC (like always)

t3k 23 Dec 2010 15:34

Shouldn't have any trouble landing on CT then!

Rinoa 24 Dec 2010 15:54

Merry Jizzmass!

Good luck in round 50 CT I think its a valiant effort for HC and members to step up and challenge for top spot after last round so hats off to ya.

t3k 24 Dec 2010 16:03

round 40 you mean surely?

Paisley 24 Dec 2010 23:15

I think rinoa has been on the christmas spirit (the 40% ABV variety) :D

[DDK]gm 25 Dec 2010 01:49

Merry Christmas from everyone in CT, and a drunken new year :)

aNgRyDuCk 25 Dec 2010 03:21

yup agreed, from Ang and I, hope you all have an enjoyable and safe Christmas weekend... Happy Holidays from the PA pissed off waterfowl and family :P

Proxi 25 Dec 2010 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3202777)
I am a free agent for R40
If CT is going to break the mould from their recent set up.
Drop me a PM to talk shop.

Holy shit Pais, you still about?! What about JBG, is he still here as well? I also can't believe PA is still up after 39 rounds, how the hell do you guys do it.

Paisley 25 Dec 2010 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxi (Post 3202944)
Holy shit Pais, you still about?! What about JBG, is he still here as well? I also can't believe PA is still up after 39 rounds, how the hell do you guys do it.

XXXX it must be Christmas .... its Proxi :D

Proxi 25 Dec 2010 22:47

Meh, maybe I should buy an internet phone after all. I feel so old, the last time I was on ere I was a penniless student. Memories O/

rUl3r 25 Dec 2010 23:07

To answer your question: Yes, JBG is still around, he even got a planet sometime ;)

Knight Theamion 26 Dec 2010 20:33

This post slags of CT, with arguments, on purpose. Because I think CT is a shitty alliance and people should stay away from it and it should die. That or people should reform CT to be a less shit alliance based on strict rules and hierarchies.

You say that you are a 'top' alliance for over a year now, while at the same time you say you are just below that top. At the same time you show that a one of the reasons that you adhere to the strict hierarchy is that you are powermongers. I refer to the following posts made by angryduck and gm (more can be found):

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...83&postcount=6 <-- about a year ago where you claim to 'go for the win' (the numbers at the bottom of this post make it even more hillarious), though in the mean time, you achieved nothing. (the rest of the thread has more of those excuses)

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...53#post3201553 <-- this is a good example of 'old fashioned thinking' where you imply to be a retarded powermonger and where you say that 'GOOD OFFICERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT TRUST YOUR NORMAL MEMBERS, THEY HAVE TO BE OFFICERS!).

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...01#post3193401 <-- here you put yourself on a tier lower than a 'top' alliance, while you claim to be one for over a year now.

Now for those interested in more 'fun' I suggest you read:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/search...3&pp=25&page=1
and
http://pirate.planetarion.com/search...4&pp=25&page=1

Mostly by angryduck the 'CT looking to the future' thread of about a year ago and most of gm's threads of the last years. Angryduck has only been active for the last year, after long absence, gm's stance is easier to summarize:

He basically argues for a total levelling of the playing field where activity and ingenuity are not rewarded or possible and where no matter what you do, how stupid you act as a person or as a group, it will always be possible to win or at least, not to lose that hard. (You can back this up by looking at his posts where he advocates more rules, tag limits, the removal of certain 'features' (out of tag defence being one of them) and where he is all 'pro' being 'newbie'-friendly, which he defines as 'stupifying the game'). Also his posts on the whole show a general inconsistency when you start addressing the (internal) issues of CT.

Also, lets add CT's results for the last few rounds, in terms of the number of top 100 planets:

Round 33: 3
Round 34: 11
Round 35: 0
Round 36: 2
Round 37: 8
Round 38: 3
Round 39: 1

I would say that apart from 2 outliers, you have not improved, but you have become ever shittier.

With all this taken into account, I would say that CT will not just be a theory, it will only be a figment of the imagination of a few power hungry retards who do not understand the game and who continue to have a revolving door. (The revolving door can be supported by looking at the planetarion history page and compare the nicks each round for CT members and see how many each round change.)

In short:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:salute:

Tietäjä 26 Dec 2010 20:41

One has to appreciate the effort there theamion.

HeimdallR 27 Dec 2010 18:52

I'm sorry i have to laugh at this thread to, If oddr has any to throw around in r40, we'll put our entire weight into stopping ct or nd to have any success at all.

If you want to know why, cause we think most of ct and nd are a bunch of shitters.

rUl3r 27 Dec 2010 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3202980)
I'm sorry i have to laugh at this thread to, If oddr has any to throw around in r40, we'll put our entire weight into stopping ct or nd to have any success at all.

If you want to know why, cause we think most of ct and nd are a bunch of shitters.

So when do we see ODDR reaching for the top spot?

vuLgAr 27 Dec 2010 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by rUl3r (Post 3202982)
So when do we see ODDR reaching for the top spot?

thats not exactly fair now is it, Heimdall isn't delusional like CT, he's just a tad angsty.

Paisley 28 Dec 2010 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3202980)

After a lengthy chat with greg there is potental to get oddr from low-mid tier alliance to contender alliance. I was tempted to sign up for the round.... However
Whilst oddr adopts a pro apprime political approach ... oddr just isn't an option for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä (Post 3202972)
One has to appreciate the effort there theamion.

One can only hope the same effort is applied in neutralising the horde threat :D

rUl3r 28 Dec 2010 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3202985)

One can only hope the same effort is applied in neutralising the horde threat :D

We'll probably end up blocking pre-round to eliminate this threat. Can't take any risks.
However, that's only if RR decides to play again.

HaNzI 28 Dec 2010 03:31

I love what you have done with the place.

Paisley 28 Dec 2010 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by rUl3r (Post 3202986)
We'll probably end up blocking pre-round to eliminate this threat. Can't take any risks.
However, that's only if RR decides to play again.

I hope the horde experience wasn't too horrifying and wish RR a speedy recovery for r40

Kaiba 28 Dec 2010 10:12

ODDR are quite a good solid ally actually - actually prolly a better option than CT for trying to make the step up, i think if i didnt run HeX id play in ODDR (if they'd have me ofc)

Paisley 28 Dec 2010 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3202990)
ODDR are quite a good solid ally actually - actually prolly a better option than CT for trying to make the step up, i think if i didnt run HeX id play in ODDR (if they'd have me ofc)

Have you considered merging HeX into oddr as an option?
I know powersharing is a bitch but it could work out.

Kaiba 28 Dec 2010 10:29

well it might be an option for rd 41 when my playing time drops dramatically

Paisley 28 Dec 2010 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3202997)
well it might be an option for rd 41 when my playing time drops dramatically

without this sounding like a personal attack on you I would be considering it for this round

Kaiba 28 Dec 2010 11:20

well im more thinking as it being a place my high end players could go if i decide this will be HeX's last round

Greg 28 Dec 2010 12:40

Kai ur just mad to work under me with ur whorish manner :P
Id like to say good luck to CT,aint seen u be serious for a long time if u can turn the defence around in one round ul more than deserve a win,good luck

MaxMilliaN 28 Dec 2010 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3202985)
After a lengthy chat with greg there is potental to get oddr from low-mid tier alliance to contender alliance. I was tempted to sign up for the round.... However
Whilst oddr adopts a pro apprime political approach ... oddr just isn't an option for me.

i doubt u will be a huge lost to them Paisley... actually i think they can do better without u. ODDR showed they are a strong stable alliance with good politics & military, they dont act irrational like most alliances. They been doing better each round so i see them climbing up more.

their political approach is for them to decide, not you. and clearly their political strategy pays off... even without you

Paisley 29 Dec 2010 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3203008)
i doubt u will be a huge lost to them Paisley... actually i think they can do better without u. ODDR showed they are a strong stable alliance with good politics & military, they dont act irrational like most alliances. They been doing better each round so i see them climbing up more.

Alot of people don't care what you think why should I start.
Saying that they dropped 1 rank from 6th in r38 to 7th in r39 and a loss of tag members from 67 to 43 (as per wiki) would contradict your last line of your quoted paragraph... That is neither here or there.
I do wish oddr the best in their future endevours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3203008)
their political approach is for them to decide, not you. and clearly their political strategy pays off... even without you

I dont decide policy at oddr... Never said I did.
What I do decide is what ally I wish to join based apon their setup / aim / policies.

jelle 29 Dec 2010 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3203011)
Alot of people don't care what I think

Fixed it for you :banana:

HeimdallR 29 Dec 2010 05:58

Well some people in oddr gave me a list of CT people they like, so I'll retract my previous statement of CT being full of shitters :P

As for ODDR losing lots of members, from R38 those people mostly were part of the P3nguins group joining us that round, and some others that i don't really consider to be oddr core. THat and R38 was our worst round when it came to command. Basically me being shit and without a computer for over half a round.
1 - 2 rounds don't make you core :p

Greg 29 Dec 2010 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley
Whilst oddr adopts a pro apprime political approach ... oddr just isn't an option for me.....

sry but thats a comment i cant drunkley ignore
what is a pro apprime political approach?is that when a former training alliance gets hit heavy by 4/5 alliances of the top 5 for a number of rounds ,where as one of those alliances keeps to hitting threre actual opponents?is it not logical for the growing alliance to continue good relations with the said alliance which has shown honour and bravery?call me drunk or stoned but it makes sense to me and has worked well
More top 100 players last round than CT and ND combined maybe im not sure on the final numbers,we had less members that was for sure,dirty recruiting
eh and to the actual topic,much respect to CT, a cracking old school alliance and would be deserving of another #1 with some added DCs

Kaiba 1 Jan 2011 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 3203000)
Kai ur just mad to work under me with ur whorish manner :P

Well i was kinda hoping you wouldnt be in ODDR when i join ;)

HeimdallR 2 Jan 2011 17:40

who says we'd let you in :p

Paisley 2 Jan 2011 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3203091)
who says we'd let you in :p

shhh Give the boy a break

Zh|l 3 Jan 2011 16:55

Anyone remember the day CT was considered the new 1Up?

Oh how amusing that was.

oil 3 Jan 2011 22:49

Anyone remember how 1Up cultivated some pretty impressive egos based upon managing to group the most dedicated players in the pa community together and then kept getting beaten by some continental retards called exilition or whatever?

Oh how amusing that was.

mazzelaar 10 Jan 2011 12:29

Awesome, it's been ages since I've been in a 1up vs Exilition thread. Let's do it!!!

aNgRyDuCk 11 Jan 2011 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzelaar (Post 3203335)
Awesome, it's been ages since I've been in a 1up vs Exilition thread. Let's do it!!!

nostalgic old F&#@ker huh

t3k 11 Jan 2011 19:53

http://www.cracked.com/article_18955...gn=new+article

Nico 11 Jan 2011 20:29

you all just keep having alliance wars.. and leave me on number 1 rank :P

Buly 14 Jan 2011 23:27

What group joined CT? DLR?