User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jul 2010, 12:36   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
remove exiling as we know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
6) show gfx of the galaxy, with a cuddly gfx for every planet + have some not terraformed planets in each galaxy (maybe 2)

7) stop exiling, remove it - instead allow building of a mothership to allow ppl leaving their planet (abondon it) and move to a new galaxy (those not terraformed planets i mentioned in 6) - they would ofc loose all their constructions as they are on the old planets, but since they would know to leave em behing they would get 75% of the building costs returned in ressources (recycling) > basically it would be like late starting now, apart from that u keep your researches and your roids (the mothership will transport your roids to the new planet) - the left behind planet, can be populated by another mothership again
i was thinking more detailed over that idea and came to the conclusion it might be worth an own thread

why i think so:

I forming of fortress gals as we know it would be impossible - fgals doesnt have to be regarded as a bad thing, but the general exiling when you dont land with your alliance is a bit stupid, since there is other players out there worth meeting
yes you can still make fortress gals, but it takes some more effort now (research bs hulls, spending ressies on an expensive mothership) and you cant get rid of planet xy so easy

II ppl would have to get along with the planets they landed with , get to know em, show em about the game and all that

III if you really land in a gal your not comfy with, you have the possibility to start over fresh in a friendly galaxy still, by directing your mothership to 2:1 e.g. (if they have unterraformed planets left)

IV that way you can play with friends still, but you had a bigger part of the round to try elsewhere

now some questions that may arise

Q: What happens with inactive planets?
A: they get deleted after xx ticks of not loggin in

Q: What happens with the left behind planets (a player left, got deleted)?
A: the planets are rdy to be terraformed by a mothership again

Q: Is the mothership attackable (fleetcatch)?
A: No since no other ship targets that class

Q: What Hulls are needed for a mothership?
A: BS/CR Hulls ofc, since this is the biggest ship around

Q: What happens after the mothership landed?
A: Due to the high energy it needs to travel through the universe, it will not be usable anymore and gets recycled

Q: Are my ressources lost i used for the mothership?
A: Partly, i could imagine you get either 50% of the ressies back you used to build it or you get like 5-10k construction points out of it

Q: How often can i abanndon my planet?
A: As often as you like, if it doesnt matter to you to loose your constructions over and over again

Q: If i settle on a new planet without constructions (Factories), arnt i very vulnerable?
A: well yes thats a risk you take, but since you keep your fleet, it shouldnt be too dramatic - maybe another 24 ticks of protection could also be discussed, maybe optional even

Q: the idea is awful, htf your brain progresses such shit, and why do you have to share it with the community?
A: i am at work and got nothing else to do and i dont like the exiling at first sight of trouble + its so unrealistic (yes i know its a game and no science contest but still)

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 13:01   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: remove exiling as we know it

I kind of like the idea of making exiling cost something other than resources.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 14:47   #3
Lex
Printer

Lex is an unknown quantity at this point

In response to M0 comments, nice job but im not totally convinced inactive planets are actually a bad thing.

1. They are easy pickings for new peoples joining the game, why make it so difficult to land on planets when you are new to the game.

2. Exiling planets from your own galaxy isnt a bad thing, everyone has a 3bp limit and even if you choose a random gal instead there are more to contibute to the exiling cost. I was in the winning gal last round after exiling a total of 24 people.....

Last round was made of 8man bp neways so is this a complaint based on bp reductions or making the game harder to land attacks without inactive persons?

Last edited by Lex; 30 Jul 2010 at 17:34.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 16:00   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195404
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 18:09   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

to expand on what Mz said,
Basically you're making exile have a time delay and initial cost (mothership production time) and losing your constructions (for salvage resources) and perhaps getting a fee back (mothership salvage cost).

Otherwise, it's like a normal exile.
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:12   #6
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

well it is a "normal" exile, apart from the facts that is takin more time, ressources and that you can choose where you land

however you cant just exile right at tick 24, 10 times in a row (with a 3 tick delay ofc) to land in a allied galaxy or any galaxy you like to stay in

you would have to get along with your fellow galmates for some time, before you "exile" and i think thats the main argument against the exile rule we have atm, at least mine, that ppl dont even try to play with nubs/unknown ppl - most wont even notice if they are good or bad players, they see 3 times vgn 2 times ass on their arby and decide to exile

regarding the deletion of inactive ppl from the active universe, i think its a good thing, since with my idea of exiling you would otherwise be stuck with (insert number) of not playing planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Last round was made of 8man bp neways so is this a complaint based on bp reductions or making the game harder to land attacks without inactive persons?
it has nothing to do with last rounds bp system, it has more to do with the coming (ancient) bp system
you will find (insert alliance name) here exiling through the universe until they have 6-8 man fortress gal, while they ignore everyone they landed with in between

regarding the easy targets, a inactive planet is as long an easy target as he has roids, latest after 3 landings on him and him not loggin in there is no roids left makin him a worthwile target

if exp. players though get to be forced to play with less active planets and help em survive, there is more ppl actually playing the game and more ppl actually having roids
ofc there will always be shit gals which get farmed to death, but it wont be the amount as we know em

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote