User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Sep 2007, 14:26   #1
-=10us=-

-=10us=- is on a distinguished road
Ships in production

when you jgp or news scan your target for defence and find out he's getting no defence, your target could be having ships in production that would be finished when you land. there is no real way to discover this hidden production.

you could planet scan to see how much resources the planets has left and what could be spent on production of new ships, but those resources could also be donated, or spent on constructions or scans. so you have no real clue if your running into a newly produced defence fleet once you land.

i think by adding a feauture to the game that will tell you about your targets ships in production this would add a great deal of extra tactics to the game!

attackers could decide to recall if they would see the target's having ship in production and thus saving its fleet (and the targets succesully defended his roids). defending planets have an extra signal to send out: hey look im building extra ships, so you better recall. this would benefit both sides (attacking and defending).

this could be implemented in two ways:

1. make the ship production visible
add an entry into the plants news, like: tick 520 ship production order, factory reports order 123412 to be finished in tick 525.

so by newsscaning a target you could find out about a planets ship production.

or make a cov operation to find out about the targets ships in production, like: send agents to spy on a planets ship production.

2. make the ship production attackable.

like the hacking science database cov op, there should be some sort of disrupting or sabotaging a planets ship production. it would not destroy ships in production, it would only set back the production time and thus prolonging the estimated delivery tick.

how about it?
Unread 23 Sep 2007, 15:08   #2
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Re: Ships in production

how does that add more tactics? i think your suggestion removes a few

and isnt your second idea already possible with cov ops and destroying factories?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2007, 15:30   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The entire point of not being able to see what a planet has in production is that not everything can be worked out with a battlecalc. Many people have come to these forums in the past complaining that it's too easy for attackers, and not being able to see what a player has in production is something that helps defenders.

Besides, you can work out whether or not the planet has built anything via regular planet scanning. Sure, as you say, you don't know what on - but perhaps attacking should be a bit of a gamble sometimes. I haven't seen floods of complaints about it being too hard to attack this round.

(by the way, your suggestion has been made several times before....)
Unread 23 Sep 2007, 15:42   #4
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

You can allways check up on sandmans to see if he has spent without gaining later on.
If he has lost value without being roided/crashing he clearly has something in production!
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 02:02   #5
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Or you could run into a zikonian asshole like me that stockpiles a trap and has been known to wait weeks constantly adding to the production quene in the hope that a CR fleet will show up. The when it finally shows u let it come out of production with no warning the the attacks and steal 5000 cr and ruin a guys round.

Which is really the only reason i play anymore

btw i am not for this ability, my suggestion is don't attack ziks with obvious holes in there fleet comp lol
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 10:54   #6
Aetou
Lurker

Aetou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Or you could run into a zikonian asshole like me that stockpiles a trap and has been known to wait weeks constantly adding to the production quene in the hope that a CR fleet will show up. The when it finally shows u let it come out of production with no warning the the attacks and steal 5000 cr and ruin a guys round.

Which is really the only reason i play anymore

btw i am not for this ability, my suggestion is don't attack ziks with obvious holes in there fleet comp lol
Yeah, stuff hidden in production is annoying. I'd just change the ability to do that rather than any of the other suggestions here. Its easy enough to check Sandmans to see if a target has spent res anyway.
Aetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2007, 10:27   #7
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
my suggestion is don't attack ziks with obvious holes in there fleet comp lol

i sumtimes suicide ships to make a nice inviting hole for TER DE's

/me pets his TER DE

but yah thats the best advice a zik can give a non zik. if we have a hole in our fleet composition its intended. And GOD i hate it when you tell your gal not to defend against x tick and then some ***** goes and bloody defends it

In fact can we add a feature so that we can set our planet to block incoming defence? Like make it turn round and go home or something
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 21:44   #8
X-COM

X-COM is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't this make planetarion kind of static and dull by revealing ships in production?
No surprises left. Ships in production aka "poor mans xan clock" removed

Why not remove xan cloack why you are at it..
X-COM is offline   Reply With Quote