User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:27   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"Premiership Predictions" (July 2002). Time to review, (and eat my words).

Back in July at some point, i began to look forward to the english premiership season starting again.

I decided.

Hey!

How about i make a list of predictions where everyone will finish

and here they are, Contrasted against the actual premiership table as of midnight, 6th of december
( and how wrong i got it, amusing)

Prediction / Actual

01. Liverpool (#2)
02. Arsenal (#1)
03. Manchester United (#4)
04. Chelsea (#3)
05. Leeds United (#16)
06. Newcastle (#6)
07. Manchester City (#13)
08. Middlesborough (#7)
09. West Ham United (#20)
10. Tottenham Hotspur (#8)
11. Blackburn Rovers (#9)
12. Fulham (#14)
13. Aston Villa (#15)
14. Everton (#5)
15. Bolton Wanderers (#19)
16. Southhampton (#10)
17. Sunderland (#18)
18. Birmingham City (#11)
19. Charlton Athletic (#12)
20. West Bromwich Albion (#17)

"ouch"

I now
* Apologise to everton fans
* Cringe at my west ham prediction
and
* S****** in the direction of leeds

This is the really funny part.

Prediction
01. Liverpool
Actual
02. Liverpool

4th 3 years ago, 3rd 2 years ago, 2nd last year. Its only logical progression. And liverpool have over the summer compiled a fantastic list of transfers. The only thing missing is depth in strikers, and fans can only hope Diouf performs, and Baros is given his chance to shine.

I still think they can. ****, i dont know how, but im biased. Diouf ha been a total let down and not half the player he was for senegal. 10 million looks like a joke for him now (though not as much as 10 mio for jeffers). Baros got his chance and looked great. For what, one, two games. Been a bit mince since. The reason liverpool are where they are is solely to do with hamann, carragher, and murphy. The rest have been so iffy, its somehow hard to see why liverpool are near the top.

Prediction
02. Arsenal
Actual
01. Arsenal

Arsenal still remain a fantastic team, despite injuries. It was during injury plagued spells in fact that they performed to maximum. Their depth in squad is incredible, with such people as Stepanovs in the reserves. The only issue they have is an aging squad, and a lack of summer activity. And they let inamoto go, the stupid *******s. Henry's lack of goals in the summer should also be a worry to the gunners.

One could argue its tough to back against the gunners recently. They look so ****ing solid (with the exception of cygan imho). Seaman has really been the only disaster this year. Injury hasnt ****ed them at all, and both pires and ljunberg look like returning to form. And can anyone believe i dissed henry? Not me, anyway. Best player in world football.

Prediction
03. Manchester United
Actual
04. Manchester United

Manchester united have banked everything on the summer Signing of Rio Ferdinand, which still seems very touch and go. In waiting for rio, they have missed out on nesta, on thuram, and despite being linked with almost every player on the planet, theyve been quiet. Plus Blanc is playing for another year, and while the king of own goals wes brown is about, and fabien barthez is in goals, they will not win the championship without a defence.

Yet another **** start to the season by man utd followed by a quick catch up. Barthez just produced save of the season, and blanc AND ferdinand have been out, and they are still fourth. Its annoying you can never quite rule them out. I hope forlan falls over and injures himself though. Beckham out, keane out. Not bad considering, unfortunately.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 7 Dec 2002 at 00:01.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:34   #2
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Liverpool will drop a few places unless they secure a striker to compliment Owen

Diouf hasn't adapted well to the Premiership
Barros is too similar in style
Heskey is Heskey, need I say more?

If they find a target-man up front that actually produces goals, they'd stand a better chance.

Arsenal look strong as ****, I only see Manchester United giving them a run for it this year if they manage to hit top form, as they have the players to do it.

Everton will probably drop a fair bit, they've been on a wave of good results, but that's bound to come to an end soon.

Leeds will probably finish mid-table if they sack El-Tel, if not they might just get relegated. heh.
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:37   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i dont blame el tel

have you seen leeds injury list?

not even funny.

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:42   #4
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
even with an injury list the size of the ****ing holocaust, they should be able to perform far better than what they're currently doing.
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:46   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

and they will, given time.

believe me, if i was going to gamble on a team to have the best january run, itd be leeds, or man utd. leeds are de a boost

you under estimate the strength of the premiership. Leeds 2nd team doesnt auotomatically > teams theyd normally beat.

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 03:50   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
i dont blame el tel

have you seen leeds injury list?

not even funny.
Do blame him - he's not a manager anymore, he's a tv pundit.

And Leeds will finish comfortably in the top 6.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 00:59   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Precticted Postion
04. Chelsea
Actual Position
03. Chelsea
Despite losing Sam della bona, chelsea are a wonderful team to watch with the awesome pairing of hasselbaink and gudjohnsen ready to tear apart defences with their near-psychic connection, best striking partnership in the premiership. They have recovered well from recent years dissapointment and over hype, and are more in tune than their close rivals.

"hah". Gudjohnsen and hasselwank have been absolutely ********. Make no mistake, chelsea are where they are due to a small italian who we had all forgotten about, until he decided to pull the finger out this season. Theyve performed well, and look pretty good for a champions league place. Hey, i wasnt far off.

Precticted Postion
05. Leeds United
Actual Position
16. Leeds United
Leeds United are hanging by a thread at the moment. El Tel still has to make £6 million in profits following the sale of bowyer. He does not want to, and most likely will not sell Rio, so Dacourt may be leaving Elland road soon. A team with huge potential, incredibly set up for later seasons due to a fantastic youth program.

"wont sell rio". You can see i read that deal well. I restate that i feel sorry for el tel because of the injuries. And bowyer ended up staying too, so they still have a great present as well as future team (although i dont think mcphail is up to much). Leeds have just been plain **** though. Hopefully for them theyll get rid of dacourt for arguing with el tel, and kick a striker into touch, maybe viduka for the money. Surely they will pick up.

Precticted Postion
06. Newcastle
Actual Position
06. Newcastle
Sir Bob once again proved theres brains in him yet with the signing of Ipswich's Titus Bramble, a highly underrated player, with 15 years of top flight football in him, and a future england regular. He could turn out ot be the next rio. When bellamy is fully fit, jenas is given the chance, and given has rid himself of his hangover, dont bet against newcastle to shock a few people yet again.

I GOT IT RIGHT DOO DAA DOO DAH. Although i did manage to single out bramble - who went on to suck royal ass. I am ashamed about my comments tbh. Bellamy though. Pure gold. And shearer just isnt greying.

Precticted Postion
07. Manchester City
Actual Position
13. Manchester City
Manchester City are beginning to worry people. I mean, theyve only signed Schmeichel, Vivien Foe, Distin, Anelka recently, linked with Dennis Wise, and already possess Wanchope, wright-phillips, goater, haaland, etc etc. The list goes on. Incredible team spirit captained by psycho pearce and led by Magic Keegan, 19 out of 20 teams will be celebrating a city win at old trafford next season. Bout time too, poor city fans need some revenge.

Aha. Besides anelka, and the win at old trafford, they have been positively uninspiring. Not much to say, really.

Precticted Postion
08. Middlesborough
Actual Position
07. Middlesborough
Anyone who watched the U-21 championships will know Massimo Maccarone is the next big thing. He humbled Paul Robinson in the english goal twice, once with a strike of ferocious quality. Boro fans should appreciate £8 mio for him was a steal. When they sell him, theyll recoup at least double that. Plus with Juninho returning to the riverside, this could be the best middlesborough team in recent years.

I think i did pretty well predicting boro to get this high, and altho maccarone has run dry, its only a matter of time before they go in again. Theres one man i didnt count on, and didnt rate enoughwhen i should of, Geremi. He has been one of the best players in the country without doubt.

Precticted Postion
09. West Ham United
Actual Position
20. West Ham United
West ham are a team with a lot of tempramental players, and a bucket load of potential.Losing rio last year was certainly not the end of their potential england superstars. Carrick, Defoe, Cole, all stand incredible chances of becoming regulars if their current form continues. With the inspirational and comical Di Canio on board, as well as some experienced hands, Upton Park will be a pretty messy place to visit.

Not a ****ing chance. What the hell has gone wrong? All i can say is its not going to get better, with Di Canio going out for 2 months, and joe cole getting arrogant. Roeder surely must go, and a mission which posibly could have been for a european slot, will be one for survival. They should do it, but ****, it must hurt to be a hammer.

Precticted Postion
10. Tottenham Hotspur
Actual Position
08. Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs seem to be a bit oddball. The majority of their squad is made up of lower teams best players, or higher teams dropouts/veterans. Leonhardsen, Keller, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Redknaap, Poyet. But still.. each player posseses a touch of brilliance, and on their day, so can spurs. Perhaps they dont have the legs to do much though, imho

"Consistent." Dull, etc. Mid table ahoy, i stick to my prediction

Precticted Postion
11. Blackburn
Actual Position
09. Blackburn
Unsal and Tugay off the back of a good world cup, as is Friedel. And then lets talk about Damien Duff - the STAR of the irish fight in japan without Roy, he looked world class, and Liverpool should be kicking themelves not to have bid pre-cameroon. But for me, the main point to make about Blackburn, is David Dunn. If you watched the u21 championships in switzerland, youd realise, Dunn really is the next Scholes. Hes strong, hes hard working, hes brave, hes courageous, hes skillful, and hes tireless. Rovers better tie that boy down.

Dunns been good, duffs been out injured, and not looking too hot. But friedel. Woof! Awesome, ****ing awesome. Cole and yorke though. Nothing good to say

Precticted Postion
12. Fulham
Actual Position
14. Fulham
Fulham are an odd team that dont gel. On paper they are a fantastic team, but once again money has proven not to buy success. But with Inamoto of Japan in the ranks now, they may have found the lynchpin for their squad, which includes several real talents, like legwinski, goma, malbranque, collins, boa morte and marlet. If they would only play for the team, and not the money, theyd be a force ot be reckoned with.

Inamoto has flopped. Collins is.. where? I cant understand how they are this low, because marlet has been awesome for club and country. Malbranques been good too. They should rise.

Precticted Postion
13. Aston Villa
Actual Position
15. Aston Villa
Aston Villa arent really that bad, as 13th makes them sound. They arent really that exciting either. Juan Pablo Angel, the star of the first 2 months of the premiership, has been duller than a Bundeslige Cup Tie since. Sure they possess sme potential in Barry, and Vassell and some talent in Stone, Hadji, and Dublin, but i dont see them having the squad depth to get higher than this.

Dull, ridiculously dull. Enckleman has recvered from his comedy blooper, and hiztlesperger seems pretty good.

Precticted Postion
14. Everton
Actual Position
05. Everton
Everton... a bit bland im afraid. Hardnut Duncan fergusson, Never-shoot Scot Gemmill... Grim reaper David weir.. is their mission in life to collect dull scotsmen who excite Grandpa Craig Brown? I suppose chadwick looked good towards the end of the season, and alexandersson scored a goal against england, but i find it very hard to get excited about Everton.

Im very willing to eat my words. Radsinkski and cambell are awesome. gravesen is solid, carsley is awesome. And rooney, a legend in the making. Moyes managerial skills know no bounds.

Precticted Postion
15. Bolton Wanderers
Actual Position
19. Bolton Wanderers
Bolton i feel secured their status by making sure Djorkaeff stays. He's been great for them, and hes still been recently capped for france who were good at one point if you remember 1998. Taribo west has also played at the top level, and bruno n'gotty not far off either, which ithink just about justifies them staying up. Perhaps given time Michael Ricketts will turn into a good player though, only time will tell.

"dissapointing". Ricketts has been ****. Theyve probably just not had the run of the ball, i havent seen enough of the,. Though, winning at old trafford was a nice touch.

Precticted Postion
16. Southhampton
Actual Position
10. Southampton
Southampton.. would you really notice if they were gone? Le tissier is now past his best, and altho Marian pahars can shine, its otherwise a dank pit. Poor paul jones though, you have to feel sorry for officially the least lucky keeper in the world. But still, if they were to be relegated, its not as if a huge gap of talent would be left unfilled.

Now this i didnt see coming at all. Their position must surely be down to the run of form they have been putting together, thanks to 9 goals in 7 games from james beattie, making him joint top english scorer. If england had a game now, he should be in the squad instead of vassell the way he is playing.

Precticted Postion
17. Sunderland
Actual Position
18. Sunderland
When i think of sunderland, i think of Kevin Phillips moany face, and the commentators mentioning that he hasnt scored in 15 games on the trot now. Reyna wasnt bad for the states, and Quinn showed a couple of influencial moments for the republic, but its very hard to get excited about a fairly normal team, not hatable, because frankly, who cares enough. Mboma i have a hunch will flop.

Wilko really has been a bit **** for sunderland, despite people being esperate to say "hes turned it around". Marcus stewart was a good buy, but flo? Jesus. Macho was however great in goals vs liverpool, for a third string keeper.

Precticted Postion
18. Birmingham City
Actual Position
11. Birmingham City
They've got olisadebe, a world class player. Err... thats it. And even he was rubbish for poland in the world cup, as they racked up an embarrasingly low number of goals, facing the feared (pre tournament) opposition of the USA and Japan. Face it, we're all just gutted that they are up instead of wolves. Wolves probably wouldnt have got relegated, and have u seen teh molineuax ffs? Great stadium.

****, they didnt even get olisadebe did they, and this is how far theyve got. Tebily, celtic reject. Stern john looks good to me, but apart from that it must really be a team performance to be this high. I doubt im the only one suprised.

Precticted Postion
19. Charlton Athletic
Actual Position
12. Charlton Athletic
I feel the times up for charlton, despite curbishleys best efforts, and the second half of the seasons good record against london clubs. No player really sticks out at me as missable, though if pressed, id have to go for Kinsella, who filled Roy Keane's role with dignity, if not perhaps with flying colours. Down with you, im afraid ;(

I dont have a clue why. Really, i dont. Theyve gone fairly high without being noticed, and i cant think of anyone who has stood out for me right now.

Precticted Postion
20. West bromwich Albion
Actual Position
17. West Bromwich Albion
Theres one good thing for west brom fans. This season you'll see the likes of arsenal and leeds at the hawthorns, in exhibition matches. And thats where it ends. Sporting such legends as Ex-aberdeen derek mcinnis, and Scott dobie, "scotland player", West brom will be thanking god that Sky have agreed a deal with the nationwide leagues - they are gonna need that money next year.

For all my slagging, mcinnis and dobie have been 2 of many players who have performend sufficiently to keep their team from being where everyone thought they would be, rooted to the foot of the league.

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 01:20   #8
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Grimble
I think Liverpool will drop a few places unless they secure a striker to compliment Owen

Diouf hasn't adapted well to the Premiership
Barros is too similar in style
Heskey is Heskey, need I say more?

If they find a target-man up front that actually produces goals, they'd stand a better chance.
Diouf has had a slow start, yes, as has Baros I think. Both will improve, as the season progress'.

I wish the rumours about Heskey were true :/ Spurs can have him on a free for all I care.

The new target man is called Neil Mellor, he is the top scorer at the club (counting all levels) with something like 43 goals in 46 appearances. He is 20, and made his full debut against Ipswich on wednesday.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 02:04   #9
nikon
gza

nikon is an unknown quantity at this point
Chelsea or Liverpool for the championship.