User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Aug 2006, 19:58   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
London

So it seems there is a good chance I may be moving to London so I'm looking into some accomodation before making my mind up. Out of the zone three and four zones where would you recommend living? As I know bugger all about how nice they all are.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 20:41   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: London

There are numerous places to live, but it'll depend on where you plan on working and how much your budget is.

Clapham (SW), Wimbledon (SW), Brixton (S), Greenwich (SE), Archway (N) , Willesden (NW) or Acton (W) all have some nice places in them (and some horrific dumps) and aren't too central. I'd imagine you're best of just looking to stay somewhere random and cheap until you get work and a bunch of friends and then locate more permanently.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 20:43   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Transport is going to be a massive factor in this - most of your travel will probably be by tube so you want a decent line.

If I were restricting myself to Zones 3&4, I'd want to be North of the river. If you have no preference either way, I'd go for one of the following:

Richmond
Balham
Highgate

Zones 3&4 are quite far out though dude - why are you ignoring Zones 1&2?
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:10   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If I were restricting myself to Zones 3&4, I'd want to be North of the river. If you have no preference either way, I'd go for one of the following:

Richmond
Balham
Highgate

Havent you only been in London for a year?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:12   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Transport is going to be a massive factor in this - most of your travel will probably be by tube so you want a decent line.
He will also need to find tubes that aren't filled with the internets, because it is not a big dump truck.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:34   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah but I used to live in Woking which is only 30 mins out. I also went out with a girl for a year who lived in London. My sister also goes to uni there. Most of my friends from uni live there.

I agree with what Dante said, although he seems to have ignored the "Zones 3&4" thing
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:35   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
There are numerous places to live, but it'll depend on where you plan on working and how much your budget is.

Clapham (SW), Wimbledon (SW), Brixton (S), Greenwich (SE), Archway (N) , Willesden (NW) or Acton (W) all have some nice places in them (and some horrific dumps) and aren't too central. I'd imagine you're best of just looking to stay somewhere random and cheap until you get work and a bunch of friends and then locate more permanently.
Well, I have a job offer in Southampton but a final interview in London with a firm I would much rather work for so I will only be moving there if I have a job. Will have a decent wage and to be honest I wouldn't really fancy moving more than once unless I absoloutely have to.

The job would be on Canary Wharf then.

Quote:
To be honest I just sort of assumed they would be way out of my price range.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:38   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree with what Dante said, although he seems to have ignored the "Zones 3&4" thing
Not exactly although I've interpreted it liberally. Brixton & Clapham are zone 2, but you can live near to either and still be in Zone 3 (e.g. Herne Hill for Brixton), Willesden is in Zone 3, Archway is Zone 3 (bordering 2), part of Acton is Zone 3 and so is Wimbledon. Etc.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:42   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
To be honest I just sort of assumed they would be way out of my price range.
It depends on what sort of place you want. You could sacrifice room size (or property quality) and live in a better area for the same sort of price. It depends on the lifestyle you're going for - having lots of possessions vs minimalism, spending your time in your room vs in common areas of house vs going out a lot, and so on.

The transport links to Canary Wharf are obviously not too bad and improving (because of all the city scum, erm no offence) but somewhere on/near the Jubilee Line would probably be tops for you. North East London (e.g. Stratford) aren't exactly the trendiest areas but quite a few properties that way and convenient for work.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 22:18   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
his advice is still correct.
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 23:45   #11
Tomkat

An excellent website for looking for flatshares or people in a similar situation to yourself is http://www.gumtree.com .

It's where I found my flatmates, and they were ace. The flat itself was a bit expensive but I didn't realise it at the time (£462 pcm for a small room in Clapham/Brixton).

You can spend quite a bit of time browsing the various areas and get a feel for different prices.
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 01:45   #12
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

maze hill/greenwich is an excellent place to live (it's quite affordable - and full of students/young 20's type people) if you'll be working in canary wharf. My friend makes a daily trip to his work at Barcap from maze hill.

that being said - I remember you were applying for an accounting firm. The only accounting firm I know of in Canary Wharf is CLB Littlejohn Frazer. Is this the company you have an interview at?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 01:51   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
maze hill/greenwich is an excellent place to live (it's quite affordable - and full of students/young 20's type people) if you'll be working in canary wharf. My friend makes a daily trip to his work at Barcap from maze hill.

that being said - I remember you were applying for an accounting firm. The only accounting firm I know of in Canary Wharf is CLB Littlejohn Frazer. Is this the company you have an interview at?

Yeah I have a final interview with them, but also one with Chantrey Vellacott in London. It was Ernst and Young then who offered me a job.
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 01:57   #14
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

be warned though, the FT told me that london is now the most expensive city in the world to live in.
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 01:59   #15
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Yeah I have a final interview with them, but also one with Chantrey Vellacott in London. It was Ernst and Young then who offered me a job.
CLB is a good firm. I know someone working there. Good luck with your interview! If you've gotten through to the final stage you should be fine. In my experience people only really get rejected at the final stage of an interview if a director has major grievances with you.

As for Chantrey Vellacott or CLB, i'd pick Chantrey Vellacott peronally. It is a bigger firm and more well known among accountants
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 03:35   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

croydon wasn't that bad...

clapham is probably better though.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 11:56   #17
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
An excellent website for looking for flatshares or people in a similar situation to yourself is http://www.gumtree.com .
Thanks, that site is really useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
be warned though, the FT told me that london is now the most expensive city in the world to live in.
The rent was almost a direct swap from per month in Cardiff/Southampton to per week in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
As for Chantrey Vellacott or CLB, i'd pick Chantrey Vellacott peronally. It is a bigger firm and more well known among accountants
Was only on a first interview with Chantrey so I withdrew. If I was just going for well known I would have stuck with E&Y really but just had a much better feel about CLB. Was unsure over the weekend but after my final interview they just seem far better so accepted that now. I also get 3 months of doing nothing \o/
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 15:29   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Zones 1&2 are going to be more expensive, it depends what kind of salary you're going to be on, everything we looked at in Zone 1&2 was ridiculously over priced, what you get for your money is pretty dire if you're on a new graduate salary. We ended up going for Croydon and put up with a 20 minute commute for a much bigger flat.

Seconding http://www.gumtree.com/ being a pro site.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 16:02   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I remember a time when I thought I was the only Londoner on GD. Now every second bugger lives here.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 19:59   #20
Tomkat

If/When I move back to London I want to live in Zone 1. I was Zone 2 in Clapham/Brixton and it was ok, but for the cost of £50 or so more a month (plus I was paying too much for the room I had there) I'd rather be more central.

Then I can walk round to Yahwe's and drink gin with him!

Every night!
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:06   #21
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Then I can walk round to Yahwe's and drink gin with him!

Every night!
I could do this.

If I knew where he lived.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:12   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
If/When I move back to London I want to live in Zone 1. I was Zone 2 in Clapham/Brixton and it was ok, but for the cost of £50 or so more a month (plus I was paying too much for the room I had there) I'd rather be more central.
I don't really see the benefit myself. Even if I lived in Zone 1 (I'm in 2 at the moment) I'd still probably end up getting a bus / tube when I went out (to a different bit of Zone 1) so I don't really see that I'd be saving myself that much effort.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:14   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't really see the benefit myself. Even if I lived in Zone 1 (I'm in 2 at the moment) I'd still probably end up getting a bus / tube when I went out (to a different bit of Zone 1) so I don't really see that I'd be saving myself that much effort.
yearly travel card v the odd taxi ride

I believe was his point
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:17   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
yearly travel card v the odd taxi ride
Ah. I commute outwards so I have to have one anyway. Although so did he, now I think of it.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 01:35   #25
Tomkat

Quote:
Ah. I commute outwards so I have to have one anyway. Although so did he, now I think of it.
Yeah, exactly. I was mainly Zone 2 because the cost of commuting outwards to Zone 6 from Zone 1 almost double my travelcard (I believe).

If/When I move back to London, I plan on either doing supply teaching or finding a more central school.

Quote:
Nearly all my friends in London live in Zone 1, and those who don't, I had to go through Zone 1 to reach them (as they were either West or East) anyway. It made it a bit of a mission if I just wanted to go to the cinema, or a drink with them in the evening in the week (20-30 mins on the tube).

I expect you're in a different situation...?
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:48   #26
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

To be honest, areas like Hackney, Islington, Southwark and Camden (well the south of it.. Holborn) would be ideal locations to live in. Not far from where you'll work (1 hour commuting.. max), not far from central London, excellent transport links and tons of amenities.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 02:26   #27
Yahwe
I am.

sothwark and holborn are very different places. they are very different ideas.

(I have lived in both)
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 21:20   #28
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
sothwark and holborn are very different places. they are very different ideas.

(I have lived in both)
True.

One is a borough, the other is an area that is part of the Camden borough.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 06:48   #29
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

i lived in wimbledon and loved it -- was actually closer to richmond than wimbledon but we had a west wimbledon address. I always loved that area -- New Malden (Korean capital of the UK), Sutton (aka Sluttown) and Roehampton (Hoe-hampton) -- gotta love the surrounding area.
I'm actually gunna live in Watford for a few months also till I find a job in the UK. My mate has a house in Bayswater which is nice, and another lives in Angel (horrible area imo), and I'm staying in Kensington in 3 weeks time also (nice area around Hyde Park). Depends on how much u can aafford tho really isn't it?

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 07:34   #30
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd try to avoid East London if I were you, having lived and grown up there for about 21 years, I can honestly say, the place is one giant, huge, raging, shithole.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 20:26   #31
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
and another lives in Angel (horrible area imo)
My admin manager lives in a £1m home in Angel just off City Road. He loves it.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 21:07   #32
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

A £1m home anywhere should be damn good :P