User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:27   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
RPC buffer overflow: Take II

So I'm at work and amongst other things I'm keeping a very close eye on all the anti virus manufacturers websites just in case some miserable git DOES release a nasty new virus today when I find out about the
latest MS security hole. It turns out that there are actually 3 more buffer overflows in the RPC service allowing execution of arbitrary code in 2 cases and a DoS attack in the other.

Worse than this, there are 8 ports that can be used to attack (plus 2 more if CIS is enabled, one of which is port 80fs!) a vulnerable system and as 4 of them are UDP ports (remember how fast slammer spread?) this is potentially the worst vulnerability MS have ever managed to inflict on us all.

Question is how long will it take before there's an exploit in the wild? My guess is by Friday at the latest and I really really don't think I'm going to be off this weekend any more
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:29   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
"old"
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:32   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
"old"
And after I had a look for a relevant thread too
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:32   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
**** ****ing ****holes, the whole lot. Im just about to go on a crusade to kill all scriptkiddies and all MS security people.
Sometimes i wish i was a friendless geek and used linux

Oh well, it's worse for you. Poor gayle
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:37   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You mean MS have released a patch for a security exploit weeks before anyone is expected to exploit it?

FUK WINDOZE$$$$$$$$$$$$ LINUX 4EVA
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 01:00   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
**** ****ing ****holes, the whole lot. Im just about to go on a crusade to kill all scriptkiddies and all MS security people.
Sometimes i wish i was a friendless geek and used linux
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 01:05   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by queball

I take back the part about friendless geeks!
Forgive me?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 01:19   #8
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx

I take back the part about friendless geeks!
Forgive me?
Friendless geek is ok, but you missed out smelly faggot.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 02:44   #9
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
We had better not update our windose becase teh pathc migth be untsetesetd and may **** up our system LOLOL so lets wiat unlit someone xeplots teh vulneardby! LOLOL

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote