User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Aug 2008, 07:41   #1
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Allow scanners play on more proper way.

The scanning part is worst in this game and needs to change asap. It truely deeply sucks that you have to sacrifice your whole game play to be able to scan proper. Scanners should get x amount returned money on scans they spent.

I think best way would be to make scanners a whole own new race, when their techtree on other than scanning parts could be shorter. So they can catch up on lost eta/unit developement. Also having the ability to scan is a good enough unique thing compared to others. Perhaps edit terran to be a race for scanning people.

The others could still have ability to search scans, but they wouldnt receive any refunded money nor shortened techtreee etas on other parts.
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 07:45   #2
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: Allow scanners play on more proper way.

What is there to stop people from choosing the scanning race and ignore the scans only taking advantage of the faster research times?

Being a scanner is a choice you have to make, it is one path out of many a person can choose in this game, if you dont like what it takes to be a scanner, dont be one.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 07:52   #3
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps completing one of your scan techtree buildings, the changes come to one of your etas to lower it. Besides they would be ignoring one part of their unique abilitys with the race. But that needs a system to prevent the wrong usage.

My point is choosing a scan path shouldnt ruin your chances to win the round or play on an equal field compared to others.
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 14:54   #4
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson View Post
What is there to stop people from choosing the scanning race and ignore the scans only taking advantage of the faster research times?

Being a scanner is a choice you have to make, it is one path out of many a person can choose in this game, if you dont like what it takes to be a scanner, dont be one.
only make the scan research faster...
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 16:24   #5
Ave

yeah sounds more reasonable actually I was just aiming to not shorten the period we live without scans. But doupt that matters.
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 16:40   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I actually miss the part of pa where u had to land blind.

Scans shouldnt come faster, they should come later.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 18:06   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

once you have researched the scans its very easy to get ships and attack as normal
to each there own
although i do like the idea of scans taking longer

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 18:27   #8
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 19:00   #9
Ave

To all of you whom want scanning waste even more time from techtree to complete and hence take longer to battle and roid like everyone else to the scanner.

Have u ever been a scanner playing active and so on? I dont think this game needs such support accounts to be playable.
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 21:28   #10
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

They should rather spend their time fixing scanning so there's no need for dedicated scanners in the first place.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2008, 10:02   #11
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

I am a scanner this round i had 12 amps and all my scans done by day 7 and i am in the top 100 this issue is a load of crap, aslong as scanners do hulls 1 and 2 before protection ends there is no reason at all why they cant play on an equal playing feild, infact they even have a slight advatage becasue of the extra xp from scans and the fact that nobody can fake them.
i mean so what if allaince have to land blind for a few days it really only needs one scanner per alliance to go all out

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2008, 11:01   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Scanners can't get FCs and they get ships, hct and tt later than other players. Saying the playing field is equal between scanners and non-scanners is utter bollocks.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2008, 11:09   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

PA should be about ability, and not luck IMO. SO I think that's shit.

I still think the best way I've heard is to edit the scan techtree so that people start with units, planets and a kind of jgp (that only works at eta4 or less and only shows your wave).

Possibly with the added possibility of alliances being able to do scans, but only able to build amps relatively slowly (8 ticks, say).

Some people like to play scanner, so these people can still be valuable to an alliance, but scanners aren't required to run a remotely competent alliance. This would also remove a hurdle to setting up alliances.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2008, 15:56   #14
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Since everybody seems so keen on making your galaxy more important: how about the MoC has the ability to makes amps or dists for your whole galaxy, rather than the players in it, and people can simply access scans from the galaxy page, but they still need the research. Put in a galaxy tax button like the one for alliances. OR maybe move Core Extraction and Waves research to gala as well.

Might be interesting :P
Unread 2 Sep 2008, 01:34   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
They should rather spend their time fixing scanning so there's no need for dedicated scanners in the first place.
Unread 2 Sep 2008, 16:18   #16
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
My point is choosing a scan path shouldnt ruin your chances to win the round or play on an equal field compared to others.
So basicly you're either saying that the scanners should have an even playingfield with the rest of the universe, and the rest of the universe should have an uneven playingfield compared to the scanners..

Now where's the logic??.. If that was how it should be, EVERYONE would be a scanner and the scantree could be removed, since everyone is a scanner anyway.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 07:40   #17
Ave

That is an option aswelll, but they dont need to get it as fast as others, but faster than curently. Atleast I wouldnt like to play scanner with curent settings, since that will simply not allow me to attack and warfare on a proper way. I would rather pay some extra from the scanning than lose my research.
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 10:20   #18
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

The myth that (hardcore) scanners cannto gain rank is persistant. I have been Scanner for LCH for several rounds. Once the scanning bit of my planet was sorted, i usually spent my time scanning and res hacking until mid round.

I checked my old planets, and usually, i was at rank 1400-1600 at mid round.

Then i started playing more serious, doing purely solo attacks, asking no defence excpet in gal, gaining asteroids and XP, still scanning and res hacking. I usually managed to get to rank 150-300 in the last few weeks.

All of this i did out of boredom, and not very hardcore. A more dedicate dplayer could probably do even better, and make sure they dont start at rank 1400-1600.

So, my conclusion: scanners can do pretteh well, and have much fun. Just don't expect to gain a top 10 rank.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 11:15   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally, my objections to scanners is not that they can't play properly once they've finished their scan tree (though it's undeniably true that 130 ticks of lost research at round start and the lack of FCs harms their chances for a good finish), but that no one else can play properly without scanners.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2008, 06:26   #20
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Personally, my objections to scanners is not that they can't play properly once they've finished their scan tree (though it's undeniably true that 130 ticks of lost research at round start and the lack of FCs harms their chances for a good finish), but that no one else can play properly without scanners.
THis is much more valid then the argument scanners can't play properly. But of course, no1 stops people from researching the scan tree.

As long as there are people who are willing to be scanner for people who aren't willing to be scanners, nothing will change :P
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote