User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2005, 09:22   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
so yesterday i watched

'Elektra' and really, it wasnt that bad. i have no idea what idiots rate movies on imdb, but it certainly deserved better than a 4.9 . ok, it wasnt a brilliant movie with a very deep plot or even the kind of movie you want to watch more than once, but in my opinion it was at least more entertaining than hulk or daredevil. (oh, and Jennifer Garner is hot, that helped )

Last edited by wu_trax; 17 May 2005 at 13:52.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 11:04   #2
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: sp yesterday i watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
ok, it wasnt a brilliant movie with a very deep plot or even the kind of movie you want to watch more than once, but in my opinion it was at least more entertaining than hulk or daredevil
I haven't seen Hulk, but Daredevil was one of the worst films I've ever seen so that wouldn't be too hard. If Elektra is anything like Daredvil, I'm glad I haven't seen it.

I usually find the ratings on imdb are quite fair, though the arguments can be a bit retarded.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 11:44   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

they were both crap, but still theyve got better ratings. Elekra deserved at least a 6.0. its a comic-movie, so why do people expect anything realistic?
Unread 17 May 2005, 11:58   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
its a comic-movie, so why do people expect anything realistic?
"Elektra" is nothing like the source, and even then comics aren't necessarily "simple".
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 13:48   #5
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
"Elektra" is nothing like the source, and even then comics aren't necessarily "simple".
i didnt say they have to be simple or unrealistic, o just said that if you watch a comic-movie you dont go in there and expect a plot that could happen to you in real life.
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:37   #6
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

So you're arguing because, on average, the general public have voted this obscene movie a whole 1.1 points lower than what you'd expect it to be?

I'd understand if the film merited a 9+ in your oppinion but seriously;

A 6?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:41   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
So you're arguing because, on average, the general public have voted this obscene movie a whole 1.1 points lower than what you'd expect it to be?
People have killed for less!

(maybe)
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:35   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i didnt say they have to be simple or unrealistic, o just said that if you watch a comic-movie you dont go in there and expect a plot that could happen to you in real life.
You also said the plot was shallow.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:43   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just because it is a movie based on a comic book doesn't mean it should be ok for it to be a pile of crap. Daredevil was the worst pile of crap (execpt for Equlibrium) that I have had the misfortune to go the the cinema and pay for. Spiderman and X-Men 2 are perfect examples of what comic book movies should be: good.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:32   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Sin City, too. And American Splendor.
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:34   #11
wu_trax

wow, you turned my crappy thread into something even worse.

Quote:

I'd understand if the film merited a 9+ in your oppinion but seriously;

A 6?
no, im arguing because that movie was a positive surprise.
Quote:
You also said the plot was shallow.
so? but it doesnt do it any damage.