User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 02:06   #1
Sythe.
Professional Vegetable

Sythe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Who here is not having any fun?

I just want to gauge people opinnions before I decided to delete my account.

I have had incomming 8 nights in a row. It is just simply not fun at all. Before you ask, no I am not any big target or special player. I know the reason why I am being targetted, along with my gal - but I have just had enough.

This game is a complete and utter joke now. There are simply not enough people to go round, and allthough there is 4000 players (or something like that) the exceptionally boring powerblocks are all sitting, thinking how leet they are cos they are in their stupid powerblock.

So everyone is napped, no targets cept for the few unfourtunate gals that are not in either blocks. Enter my poor gal, we are all reasonably good players, yet none of us can even hold more than 100 roids or get a score more than 600K anymore.

This constant stream of incomming is just a joke - and I do not derive any fun from this game anymore at all. This game has been damaged by a lot of things, and has survived many, many perils. It is ironnic that the thing that has killed this game in the end is actually the community. Through the ridiculous power blocks decisions to nap themselves to everyone, targets have become scarce, and people like me are having no fun at all.

Really, unless the blocks split up now, and i mean in the next two or three days, this game will die properly. Who wants to pay to play a game that is no fun? Not me that is for sure.

I thank you all for some really, really great times, I have played this game for over 2 years and had some really good times. All good things come to an end and I believe I am there. Does anyone have a tick plan for this thing called RL? Its all a bit scareh to me

Regards,

Sythe.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 02:28   #2
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe try rl for 4-5 days and then come back,they have to break this powah block soon. but many think as you do,but dont quit
even the members on the winning side start to twinddle theire tombs,theire HCs cant be cowards forevah!
or are they still afraid of us?..that show them how powerful we are
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 03:04   #3
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
Re: Who here is not having any fun?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe.
This game is a complete and utter joke now. There are simply not enough people to go round, and allthough there is 4000 players (or something like that) the exceptionally boring powerblocks are all sitting, thinking how leet they are cos they are in their stupid powerblock.

So everyone is napped, no targets cept for the few unfourtunate gals that are not in either blocks. Enter my poor gal, we are all reasonably good players, yet none of us can even hold more than 100 roids or get a score more than 600K anymore.

This constant stream of incomming is just a joke - and I do not derive any fun from this game anymore at all. This game has been damaged by a lot of things, and has survived many, many perils. It is ironnic that the thing that has killed this game in the end is actually the community. Through the ridiculous power blocks decisions to nap themselves to everyone, targets have become scarce, and people like me are having no fun at all.

Really, unless the blocks split up now, and i mean in the next two or three days, this game will die properly. Who wants to pay to play a game that is no fun? Not me that is for sure.

How many ppl have posted like the same things to this FIVE? I mean come on PB have been with PA for a long time. I attack every night and i have only had incoming once. The creators are gonna try to break up PB next round (i don't see how bc if they did somthing drastic to do that i think ppl would get mad). Just start building some fleet and attacking. And fix what ever problem u have thats making you get roided 8 nights in a row
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 03:26   #4
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: Who here is not having any fun?

Quote:
Originally posted by King
Just start building some fleet and attacking. And fix what ever problem u have thats making you get roided 8 nights in a row
If this was slashdot; you'd get:

-1 n00b
-1 flamebait
-1 clueless
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 03:42   #5
Grind
aka Inubis

Grind is an unknown quantity at this point
lol.

i had xeta pound me to **** in round 6.

im still playing.
Round 2 - 55:22:15 [Reborn]
Round 3 - 55:22:15 (yes again) and 8:11:23 (yup i had two accounts. sue me)
Round 4 - 244:24:? [virus] [ft]
Round 5 - 28:22:? [nfu] [virus]
Round 6 - 13:11:13 [wrath] [silver] .:: W00T 33:9 FOREVER \O/ ::.
Round 7 - 14:11:7 [FLTV] [Heresy]
Round 8 - Inactive/Quit
Round 9 - 41:6:10 - bashed to ***** by te ;-)
Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 05:09   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
ive had my fair share of large incomings

keep on playing for the sheer hell of it

powerblocks suck, i said this in round 3 and 4 as i noticed them start
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 08:22   #7
The Chip

The Chip is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Who here is not having any fun?

Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe
If this was slashdot; you'd get:
-1 n00b
-1 flamebait
-1 clueless
"n00b" and "clueless" are not slashdot morderations. This post is +1 "Insightful"
The Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 08:35   #8
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
The round is boring and over in its current state, we can't attack without at least one WEET arbiter claiming our target has friendlys. Incoming has virtually stopped, as have many peoples roid counts.

All in all, DULL.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 09:24   #9
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the bigger question is:

Are people still initiating large amounts of roids?

or

Are they content to sit on the roids that they have because as soon as the initiate any they paint a target on their head again and people start fighting in order to be allowed to attack them?
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 09:53   #10
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
last round i had incoming everynight for 2 weeks or summtin but still i managed to get defence every fking time! well dont quit, i was against fltv in round 5 to, that wa hard, but still i got quiet big then to..
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:47   #11
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Sythe,

Some had planned a nice an funny balanced round, some cowards scared this and have chosen to ally in secret with a large part of the universe. Even their members are not happy with it.
The funny part of it, is that VVOMM that was supposed to be the first to block etc is not that evil after all because VVOMM has never been a huge block. Nice one SWEET and NAR you have made r9 a boring round. Sooooo predictable.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:42   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
last round i had incoming everynight for 2 weeks or summtin but still i managed to get defence every fking time! well dont quit, i was against fltv in round 5 to, that wa hard, but still i got quiet big then to..
You really don't understand do you. This round is ridiculous, VGN is not a huge alliance but we should have been ok, with 40-50% of total members getting incoming every single day (many times multi waves) we are anything BUT ok, we cannot defend that many people, members have even stopped bothering to report attacks simply because they know everyone else will be in the same boat. People with 80-100 roids are considered good enough targets to get attackers arguing over who piggybacked whom, my galaxy is still in the top 200 and we're getting raped silly on a daily basis. If we're suffering so much I dread to even think what it's like in the 2-3-400s, get a roid and someone will immediately takes it off you again.

It really isn't worth the effort, I still look forward to R10 but R9 is over.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:01   #13
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
The most boring ever

This is more boring than getting piggiebacked every attack in r4.
I have capped exactly 0 roids.
I have sent fleet to defend over 20 times
I have been attacked 5 times
I have been defended once.
I have considered quitting twice - daily.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:15   #14
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
I'm having loads of fun.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 20:03   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrow|Pony
I'm having loads of fun.
You must not be playing.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 20:07   #16
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
You really don't understand do you. This round is ridiculous, VGN is not a huge alliance but we should have been ok, with 40-50% of total members getting incoming every single day (many times multi waves) we are anything BUT ok, we cannot defend that many people, members have even stopped bothering to report attacks simply because they know everyone else will be in the same boat. People with 80-100 roids are considered good enough targets to get attackers arguing over who piggybacked whom, my galaxy is still in the top 200 and we're getting raped silly on a daily basis. If we're suffering so much I dread to even think what it's like in the 2-3-400s, get a roid and someone will immediately takes it off you again.

We toppled 70% of members under attack several times. I think we had a morning that we had only a handfull of people on line that were not under attack. 4 or 5 people without incomings and more than 30 defcalls to fill up still. And we more people actually under attack cause not everybody bothered to make the defcalls anymore.

hAl
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 17:14   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk

I totally agree - I'm a Cow and I've had incomming so much i isn't even funny. At first you don't mind the chance to defend some but after 2 weeks you fall to pieces. I have under 100 roids and a decent score but people seem to be queuing up to attack me - and none of this 15% crap for WEETNAR, 2 million score planets seem to think that sending all their fleet is the only way to get roids if you're not online, you're dead. We're in the top 220, but no thanks to my little planet.

People have asked me how they can join, but I've had to turn around and say to wait until round 10 because this one isn't any fun and I know that they will get bashed.

VVOMM was never going to turn the round into a crap round, it was the allying of WEET & NAR that did it. Small VVOMM planets have no choice but to go for non-allied people - it's no fun but it gets roids
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 17:22   #18
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Re: Who here is not having any fun?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe.
I just want to gauge people opinnions before I decided to delete my account.
YOur pa account????????? If so can i have it?
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 17:28   #19
Howling

Howling is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree

I dont mind getting incs but 3 waves to a 400k planet and 2 off the attackers were over 1.5 mill.

This a daily ritual.

now im 200k actually i am going to break my 1st round score i think r3 finished with 6 mill and started late.

I doubt i will crack it for 1 mill this round.
I was 75 mill in r7 so this a bit of a comedown.

But hey im not initiating anymore roids, either is my gal.

if round 10 isnt a totally different game that doesnt require 24/7 vigilence then i wont be playing.

cheers

Im taking bets on how many waves i will get tonight to try and nick my last 70 roids
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 17:48   #20
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Howling
But hey im not initiating anymore roids, either is my gal.
Ditto. We're quite happy to help split the universe in two, those way way ahead will be irrelevant to us soon and those of us left in the bottom half can maybe enjoy ourselves again in a week or so. Let the top gals get so far ahead they complain and I'll just sit here laughing
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:09   #21
Muad'Dib

Frankly I'm amazed PA survived ten rounds. It sounds as though it has the same fatal flaw that existed back in the days of Round 1, the first and last round I participated in. The only thing I can figure is that this attracts people with the same click-fest obsessiveness as Diablo and the 'gotta get next level!' syndrome of Everquest and other such games.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 04:47   #22
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

Anarchy is an unknown quantity at this point
re

i myself am quitting due to continuous incoming...ive had enough of this damned game

yeah it was fun r3 and r4..after that it sucked completely

the price of the game is EXTREMELY high, and you dont get much in return unless you have contacts in the large alliances so that you can get in...otherwise you become the universe farm

PA-you did it to yourself
[11:27] <Anarchy> opers!!! opers!!!
[11:27] <Anarchy> im being abused!!
[11:27] <+mist> ?
[11:27] <+mist> in what way?
[11:27] <Anarchy> analy

<@Grebe> rape meh like a pony!! \o/ \o/\o/

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

<@Viper> im wanking all over my face now
<@Smesh|Away> with 2 fingers up ur arse?
<@Viper> three
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 05:12   #23
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone who quits because of getting incoming doesnt have the right attitude, they should run their fleets if need be, then when they are sure they can kill a hostile fleet, kill it. Plus there is a lot of fun to be had from the community even if you just play PA half assed.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 06:25   #24
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
Hi Sythe,

Some had planned a nice an funny balanced round, some cowards scared this and have chosen to ally in secret with a large part of the universe. Even their members are not happy with it.
The funny part of it, is that VVOMM that was supposed to be the first to block etc is not that evil after all because VVOMM has never been a huge block. Nice one SWEET and NAR you have made r9 a boring round. Sooooo predictable.

if WEETNAR wouldn't be there, so VVOMM would be the only block in R9, and you guys would have 0wned the entire universe, would you also give these comments on R9 then?

hypocrite.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 06:36   #25
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
if WEETNAR wouldn't be there, so VVOMM would be the only block in R9, and you guys would have 0wned the entire universe, would you also give these comments on R9 then?

hypocrite.
If weetnar wasn't there; we might have been the biggest singular block; but we'd still only have a small percentage of the players, much unlike what others had

And that my friend, makes all the difference. Even if we were owning everybody bigtime, there would be lots of more targets available to us than it were to you: and thus the situtation regarding the neutrals would never get *that* out of hand.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 06:50   #26
K03N
Banned

so what you're saying here is that
ViruS/VisioN/Olympians/Ministry/Madcows vs 'neutrals' would be fair, simply because you'd have more targets then, than WEETNAR had now?

you can't drop a line at some % of the universe and say that when you cross it, the round is unfair.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:02   #27
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
If a majority of ppl thought like this, pa would have died in rnd2, along with the BT/WaC/VtS.... naps...
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:11   #28
K03N
Banned

don't forget FLTVetc.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:15   #29
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Powerblocking should have been made a deletable offence ages ago.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:25   #30
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
Anyone who quits because of getting incoming doesnt have the right attitude, they should run their fleets if need be, then when they are sure they can kill a hostile fleet, kill it. Plus there is a lot of fun to be had from the community even if you just play PA half assed.
You should quit if the game isn't worth playing to yourself anymore. Some still take pride in helping their alliance or playing out the round with their galm8s. That can be enough but if you have no interest in playing anymore and you feel no connection with the game then the community feels weird as well. Those that quit their planet and stay in the community often start a planet again next round.

hAl
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 11:56   #31
Mighty Max

Power blocking smells of rats wee.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 13:18   #32
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
so what you're saying here is that
ViruS/VisioN/Olympians/Ministry/Madcows vs 'neutrals' would be fair, simply because you'd have more targets then, than WEETNAR had now?

you can't drop a line at some % of the universe and say that when you cross it, the round is unfair.
heh
if sweet & nar dident mix galaxies It probley would have stayed Virus/Oly/Cows

under the belief that (now) weet/nar would attack us as well as each other "opps"
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 14:28   #33
hAl
ensign forever

Clealry you did not manage to scare the people more for weet than they were scared for vvomm.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 18:37   #34
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

hypocrite.
WP/Ely has always existed even before vvomm...
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 18:46   #35
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
WP/Ely has always existed even before vvomm...
And we all know that WP/Ely are a ****ing amazingly frightening force that I'm sure they scared you so much that you needed to create VOM.

(no offense to WP/Ely)

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:21   #36
soul-runner

ALL powerblocks are rubbish they ruin the game. you will never get new players wanting to play p.a. if when they do the first thing that happens to them is they get raped by you idiots and your oh so precious powerblocks. dont you realise that you are killing the game with your petty ways " my powerblock is bigger than yours" listen to yourselfs. what needs to happen is that "powerblocks" should be no more than 5 gals big (though god knows how it can be policed) they would not then be allowed to allie with any other power blocks and only form naps with a limited amount of other blocks. it would fracture the gals into smaller fighting units where skill (remember that word?)would determine who won the day and not the biggest powerblock. unfortunatly that will never happen because YOU PEOPLE will never give up your powerblocks and try and play the game in a way where(god forbid) you might actually lose, because at the end of the day it is just a game and it is surposed to be fun for as many people as possible,and not for the few who happened to be in the biggest powerblock. please dont kill the game kill the powerblocks.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:30   #37
Galaxian

Galaxian is an unknown quantity at this point
Solution to the powerblock problem? Build alliance support (and restrictions) directly into the game. Limit alliances to a certain size. Promote individual and small-group skill. It can be done. I hope it will be done for round 10.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote