User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 May 2005, 22:06   #1
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[UK] Election Results

This is now the official Election 2005 results thread.

Who's watching? About 40mins to 1st results (probably Sunderland South).

The BBC exit poll has Labour's majority cut to 66.

So discuss results here!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:13   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: [UK] Election Results

Im hoping that labour get a kicking but not a kicking to the extent the tories are let in. The beeb just said the majority is down to 66, id like it down a little more. My feelings are that this was an anti tony vote not an anti labour one, if mr blair doesn't run the next election most people will go back to labour. Even more so if scary vampire man stays with the tories.
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:32   #3
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Lib Dem have won!!!
I'm not opening my eyes until its true....
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:39   #4
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is the best results at a glance I've found.
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:42   #5
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Yeah I'm watching, hoping the Labour majority goes down to 40-50 or so.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:43   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

When i filled out my voting slips today, they made us do it in soft pencil, so if who i voted for doesn't win i'm gonna go in there and shout "Shinanigans!" :/
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:48   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Wish I could have voted for Mad Cow Girl Warrior in Sunderland South - she looked great!
Unread 5 May 2005, 22:49   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Heh, i see there's an Independent running in Oxford East called "Honest Blair".
Unread 5 May 2005, 23:21   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

is the bbc site, like, slooow ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 May 2005, 23:24   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
is the bbc site, like, slooow ?
Yes.

Also, does anyone know how good exit polls are at predicting results? Are they generally skewed any particular way (I know normal polls are biased against the Tories)?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:06   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

(except MORI who are biased in favour)
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:08   #12
zakoff
Evul Critter

exit polls are only good at predicting votes in safe seats.
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:10   #13
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

OMRLP for Sunderland South!
I'm hoping we get The Druid(can't remember his name, something Pendragon) in my constituency! (Winchester)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:13   #14
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakoff
exit polls are only good at predicting votes in safe seats.
So, pretty useless then?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:17   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I don't understand why on BBC1 it says labour has 4 seats so far, but on ITV it says they have 11
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:25   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

BBC is doing the actual ones called, I think ITV is doing it like America, or at least they said that they would call them after they were counted.

15-0 now.
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:40   #17
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Isn't it 12-1 Labour - Conservative or am i misreading something in my inebriated state?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:40   #18
zakoff
Evul Critter

ITV is calling the seats from when they get the result, BBC waits until its been called officially. Its better to watch the official result!

Consevative just won their first marginal...

Lib Dem lost one of their marginals it swung 11%!!! but still 3000 majority for Labour. damn labour.

Exit Polls are pretty useless in our election system, yes.
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:43   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

2009 election will be close I feel.
3 way tie?
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:46   #20
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakoff
Lib Dem lost one of their marginals it swung 11%!!! but still 3000 majority for Labour. damn labour.
that's still a hugely impressive swing to the lib dems in newcastle, even if they didnt win it.
putney to the conservatives could be significant...
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:48   #21
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

massive swings away from Labour.
They've won their safest seats so far.

Letwin and Davis might lose their seats which would be funny

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:51   #22
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

4 or 5% is not massive to be honest

iirc the swing TO Labour in '97 was over 10%

Anyhoo.

[Edit] Also it's swinging to the Libs except for in Lab/Con marginals

OOOOH it's exciting!

Why do I have to work tomorrow/?!?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:53   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

I think Letwin might, well fingers crossed.
Lets hope Galloway doesn't get in.
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:56   #24
zakoff
Evul Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
4 or 5% is not massive to be honest

iirc the swing TO Labour in '97 was over 10%

Anyhoo.

[Edit] Also it's swinging to the Libs except for in Lab/Con marginals

OOOOH it's exciting!

Why do I have to work tomorrow/?!?
11% swing from Labour to Lib dem is significant though.

Lib dem HAVE to win seats from Labour!

I also agree it is exciting! Elections rock! Although i'm getting hungry!
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:57   #25
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

it wouldnt be so exciting if it was just another 2001, but yeah this is a lot better!
Unread 6 May 2005, 01:01   #26
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Die David Die.

That is all.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 01:03   #27
zakoff
Evul Critter

he was vastly more interesting the John Prescott.
but thats not difficult....
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:07   #28
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nottingham election:
Name Party Votes % +/- %
John Heppell Labour 13,787 45.8 -13.2
Issan Ghazni Liberal Democrat 6,848 22.8 +9.8
Jim Thornton Conservative 6,826 22.7 -1.6

That's very significant! Massive drop for Labour and Lib Dems have overtaken Tories into 2nd.

Labour have held Sheffield Central but I can't find out the details yet.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:07   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

Woah, that Welsh one was mental!

Edit:
Sheffield Central:

Caborn got 49.9% - down 11.5%
Green got 6.0%
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:12   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

stew and ste get on irc

i'm up for the election!!!
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:42   #31
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Just got back from the CIA for the Cardiff count. The Liberals were really arrogant imo. Every other seat in the area they just thanked friends and family, congratulated their opponents on a fair fight etc... Jenny Willet spent the first 5 minutes ranting against the other parties/people which just didn't seem in the spirit of things, especially considering their supposed policy of no personal attacks.
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:52   #32
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
stew and ste get on irc

i'm up for the election!!!
I have a lecture at 9.
Sleep is needed.

Unread 6 May 2005, 03:14   #33
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

As it stands now, Labour are well ahead.

I personally refuse to vote until there are truely distinctive political parties as there were when we had the Liberals, True Labour and True Conservatives.

Nowardays, the parties aren't parties of difference or alternative, they're about who can get one up on the other party leaders, beyond that, there policies have so much simliarity, that whoever you vote for, you'll end up witht he same policies, just worded differently and carried out differently.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 03:22   #34
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I know of the Green Party, UKIP, BNP and the independents, but whats the point in voting for a party that does not get the representation it should in our current electoral system, its going to be one of the 3 parties in power whoever we elect, until there is either a strong proportional representation system or a strong 3rd party, then I will not vote.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 03:31   #35
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

3rd term for Labour
Unread 6 May 2005, 03:34   #36
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED

I personally refuse to vote until there are truely distinctive political parties as there were when we had the Liberals, True Labour and True Conservatives.
and when was that exactly?

a date would help.
Unread 6 May 2005, 05:53   #37
zakoff
Evul Critter

well that was exciting for the first hr.... The it was just boring.

Ceredigion, my constituency went from Plaid Cymru to Ceredigion, so i went down the street and put lib dem stuff on all the nationalists cars and windows....
Unread 6 May 2005, 06:13   #38
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

It's disgraceful that labour are still in, I was with paddy kennedy all the way!
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 06:45   #39
zakoff
Evul Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Yes.

Also, does anyone know how good exit polls are at predicting results? Are they generally skewed any particular way (I know normal polls are biased against the Tories)?

seems the exit polls were basically right...
Unread 6 May 2005, 07:02   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only thing I am amused by is the Bethnal Green result.

Almost everything else appears to be tiresomely predictable.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 07:27   #41
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

That con man galloway got in, the opportunist bastard.
________
Depakote Class Action Lawsuit

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:01.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 07:51   #42
Yahwe
I am.

by a hair he got in

and he was a complete twat when interviewed by paxman.

i know they will only quote his speech on the news, because i bothered to stay up all night i think i should point out what a 'nantoz' he came accross as when interviewed immediately after by paxman

the man tore off his microphone and stormed off...

with a majority of a hundred or so.

he's a complete twat.
Unread 6 May 2005, 08:09   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
That con man galloway got in,
How is he a con man?

Quote:
the opportunist bastard.
I don't see how he's much more of a opportunist than many others in parliament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
with a majority of a hundred or so.
The BBC gives his majority as 823 (1.9%).

In percentage terms this is a larger majority than in quite a few other seats (Croydon Central, Gravesham, Clyd West and Hemel Hempstead to pick four random examples on the current page I am looking at). It also represents a gain from nothing without a national party infrastructure behind him. It's a pretty impressive victory imho (especially since in the same constituency the anti-war Greens also got 4.4% and the Lib Dems got 11%).
Unread 6 May 2005, 08:26   #44
Ste
Bored

Actually Yahwe - you can watch the interview on the bbc website.

And Paxman was being a bit of a tit.

Unread 6 May 2005, 09:02   #45
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Galloway doesn't give a toss about his constituency he is on record saying he chose it because of its local election results. He took an emotive subject and abused it.

Unfortunately it worked.
________
Infants Prilosec

Unread 6 May 2005, 09:10   #46
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Great.
Another four years of Blair fagging it up. Oh well, at lest LD made gains.
Unread 6 May 2005, 09:40   #47
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it depresses me that labour have held the entirety of the north east, but at least there was some swing to lib dem in most of the constituencies
Unread 6 May 2005, 10:03   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
Galloway doesn't give a toss about his constituency he is on record saying he chose it because of its local election results. He took an emotive subject and abused it.

Unfortunately it worked.
How is it "abusing" a subject? Most of Bethnal Green were against the war. Their MP was in favour of the war. She fought a campaign against someone who was in more touch with her constituents views on the subject and lost (obviously it wasn't a one-issue campaign but it's fair to say it was the most important one in this area). And if you were an Independent candidate obviously you are going to choose a seat which most reflects your views. There's no point Scargill running in Kensington & Chelsea on a "More money for ex-miners" ticket is there?

Besides : How does that make him a conman? He was against the war. He didn't change his views to get elected. If anything his statements on record are that he is _too_ strident in some of his anti-war (pro-Iraq) views.
Unread 6 May 2005, 10:18   #49
ceres

With ol' gorgeous George being such an advocate of the soviet union and their ideals, arguing about Georges character and intentions with you, Dante, isn't really going to get either of us anywhere is it.
________
White widow seeds

Unread 6 May 2005, 10:25   #50
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I just want you to answer a fairly simple question tbh.

You can make claims "That conman" and then start making allusions to his support of the Soviet Union (what does that have to do with anything?) but I'm not really sure that makes a particularly good argument. OK, I get that you don't like him and that's absolutley fine, but I'm interested in hearing your argument / evidence in support of specific claims.