User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:42   #1
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Better Butter

Saturday, the traditional day of amateur football throughout our great island. Come lunchtime tomorrow it's down to King's Park for a kickabout with all the local uni students.

However, i need to decide what spread to put in my pre-game sarnies.

I've altered fillings to no avail. I'm convinced it's the St Ivel Gold that has got to go.

But the question is, with what shall i lavish the contents of my lunchbox?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:45   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Better Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
Lube and condoms, obviously.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:57   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Better Butter

I use Gold. I got the low salt one this time round, cant really tell the difference.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 00:00   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't use Lurpak. Lurpak is essentially a block of salted Danish ice designed by Satan to pass as a a type of spread.

Avoid.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 00:42   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I find that as long as sandwiches are made within 3-4 hours of you eating them, butter really isn't necessary, and generally ends up just making the filling (if it's ham or chicken, say- if it's something mayonaisse based then there is no need at all for butter!) greasy.
I use anchor spreadable when I have just bread and butter, or when I have toast.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 04:04   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My housemates seem to love lurpak but I prefer flora.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:40   #7
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've decided to push the boat out as it were.

I've gone for some Tesco Finest Cornish Butter.

It'll take me a hundredth of the time to eat it as it did to spread it, but here's hoping.

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:44   #8
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Saturday, the traditional day of amateur football throughout our great island. Come lunchtime tomorrow it's down to King's Park for a kickabout with all the local uni students.

However, i need to decide what spread to put in my pre-game sarnies.

I've altered fillings to no avail. I'm convinced it's the St Ivel Gold that has got to go.

• [1] they are called sangas
    [2] use vegemite
    [3] use helgas bread, or country split
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:58   #9
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

[2] Isn't that basically marmite which induces puke?
[3] Never heard of those, gone for good ol' fashioned, 85% toxic preservatives Kingsmill.

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:13   #10
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

vegemite rocks, its australias chocalate
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:35   #11
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Utterly Butterly!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:42   #12
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Butter in sandwiches is just wrong.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:55   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what do you use then?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:59   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
what do you use then?
He didn't object to my condoms and lube suggestion.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:11   #15
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Heh. The only sandwich worth having contains ham, cheese, lettuce, cucumber and possibly tomatoes and a little pickle. No butter. Or condoms, for that matter.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:15   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

You still haven't stated whether you are against, or in favour of the use of lube in sandwiches or not.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:42   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
Heh. The only sandwich worth having contains ham, cheese, lettuce, cucumber and possibly tomatoes and a little pickle. No butter. Or condoms, for that matter.
you eat dry crackers, don't you.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 02:30   #18
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

A club sandwhich from M&S is simply the greatest lunchtime snack EVER.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 02:33   #19
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
you eat dry crackers, don't you.
No, but I do eat Shredded Wheat Bitesize out of the box.
As for a lube sandwich, I can't say I've ever tried one. I have a very closed mind, you see.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:25   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

The butter prevents the bread from being too dry, and using any spread other than real butter is sacralidge.

And yes, Vegemite ...the non pussy version of marmite (though we invented it first).
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:29   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Try that "I cant Believe its not Butter, no, seriously, its not butter but its made with Buttermilk so it pretty much tastes the same but it spreads, which is odd because Butter doesnt spread, so really this is just a bollocks ad campaign" stuff.

Or Flora.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:41   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Don't use Lurpak. Lurpak is essentially a block of salted Danish ice designed by Satan to pass as a a type of spread.

Avoid.
It's ****ing class is Lurpak.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 04:12   #23
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Actually those crazy newzealanders have a nice one 'Buttersoft'
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 14:19   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
It's ****ing class is Lurpak.
No, it's shit.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:14   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
A club sandwhich from M&S is simply the greatest lunchtime snack EVER.
very, very close. Tesco do good ones too. CHICKEN AND BACON SUPER-SUB > everything
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:20   #26
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Try that "I cant Believe its not Butter, no, seriously, its not butter but its made with Buttermilk so it pretty much tastes the same but it spreads, which is odd because Butter doesnt spread, so really this is just a bollocks ad campaign" stuff.

Or Flora.
I like the own brands of "I can't believe it's not butter"
One is "You'd butter believe it"
but the classiest one has to be Netto's "What? not butter?"
heh, so imaginative.

I really couldn't care less what margerine to put on sandwiches. Has to be Margerine not butter though*.
I've got co-op own brand stuff at the moment and it's perfectly fine. Spreads easily, tastes good and it's cheap. Think I actually prefer it to the Flora light my housemate buys and i steal.

*EDIT oh and not lube or condoms or anything else completely insane either

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote