User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 04:31   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
So the Incredibles outdid Finding Nemo for it's first weekend sales...

BBC seem to be under the illusion that it was because it was a well recieved movie etc and the film studios are playing upto it as well...

But the reality is it done well because it has the Teaser Trailer of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith attached to it.

If you wanted to see that trailer in the cinema's first you had to see that movie and only that movie alone, got a lot of walkouts after the first 5-10 minutes locally from people just there to see the trailer... how sad is that?

That all said I'm sure the incredibles is a good movie, I just wish that people could read between the lines these days with regards to marketing :/
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 14:43   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So the Incredibles outdid Finding Nemo for it's first weekend sales...

Really? So people pay the price of a cinema ticket just to see a sodding advert? How.... sad. You'd think they'd at least make their moneys worth and stay to see what The Incredibles was like. Plus it's only a teaser advert - which is what? 15 seconds long or so?

I'm quite looking forward to The Incredibles, I think it'll be good
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 14:46   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I've heard only positive things about the Incredibles; those fools should have stayed.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:34   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh I don't deny it will be good, I jsut hate it when figures are misconstrued cause of stupid things like Exclusive trailers.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote