User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:23   #1
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Half-Life 2 LEAKED SCREENSHOTS!!!!!!!!!

http://community.vugames.com/[email protected]^[email protected]

has several sites listed but some have been taken down by pcgamer request and promise they can publish after the issue announcing it is released. Anyone know of any good shots. I did see some really cool ones.

BTW its suppose to be out Sept. 30 THIS YEAR.

Obviously work of the Iraqi Info. Minster but who cares, but the this is flying around the net.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:25   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm waiting for Deus Ex 2.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:27   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm waiting for Thief 3.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:32   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'm waiting for Deus Ex 2.

i really need to finish deus ex

im fairly close now

i cant wait for deus ex 2

with gfx improvements it will no doubt be the best game ever.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:33   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
i really need to finish deus ex

im fairly close now
Multiple endings don't forget.

Although with lv4 regen, everything but realistic presents no challenge.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:36   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i played it in the states and nearly finished it. then came home and had to transfer everything from dads laptop to my pc. and never really picked it up again after that...
:-(((
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:38   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The problem with the multiple endings was that there was no point in repeating it to do the other endings, as it basically just gave you a 'well done'.

Still superb though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:42   #8
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
dues ex was borring..

im awaiting Quake 4
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:46   #9
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally posted by LISELOTTE
dues ex was borring..

im awaiting Quake 4
Quake is mind numbing crap. Give me Half-Life and its story line anyday.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:50   #10
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
i dont give a toss about the story of a game... i read books or see films for that!

I like a game with great online multiplayer play... just like the Quake series. I kinda hate singelplayer games \: Never keeps me interested for long!
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:51   #11
Reck
b0rked!

Reck is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.megaone.com/hl2/index.html
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:51   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I liked Quake 2's loosely formatted storyline over Half Life's far better which was about as teeth grinding to watch as a seriously bad B grade movie.

Oh, and Doom 3 all the way \o/

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:55   #13
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
I liked Quake 2's loosely formatted storyline over Half Life's far better which was about as teeth grinding to watch as a seriously bad B grade movie.

Oh, and Doom 3 all the way \o/

=[DJ Bass]=
Half-Life's story was Stephen King material while Quake 2's 'loosely formatted storyline' is more along the lines of a B grade movie's format then Half-lifes.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 17:55   #14
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally posted by Reck
http://www.megaone.com/hl2/index.html
It doesn't work Why Valve, Why have you foresake me.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:00   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Story line means little.

The best thing about half life was its removal from the standard FPS fare of 'find key, open door, end mission' that the godawful Raven have returned us to, after a brief interlude with HL and Deus Ex and the like.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:14   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Half-Life's story was Stephen King material while Quake 2's 'loosely formatted storyline' is more along the lines of a B grade movie's format then Half-lifes.
The difference being that Quake 2 wasn't trying to be believable, it was really just filler material, although at the time surprisingly entertaining filler material. Half-Life on the other hand was mind numbing, saying it was Stephen King material is seriously overstating it. You will no doubt disagree with me but one of the things I hated about Half-Life was it's failure to create a believable atmosphere.

In an attempt to try and create this atmosphere there was an extreme overuse of ambient echo sound effects (mostly I think to try and show off the capabilities of EAX).

Almost everything was always in full daytime brightness (ahhhh! there comes that monster I saw poking out from behind that piller 10 miles away).

Quite a large expanse of the levels were purely empty space with only the occasional smattering of 1 or 2 NPC's. The end result of this is a lot of walking and very little action.

From a purely technical standpoint however the game was excellent utilising many new features not previously available in other games. The only thing that sucked in this area was the dulled down physics making multiplayer a tedious affair.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:17   #17
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I nearly completed Half Life (well I got to the alien planet), but then I had to format my computer and lost my save file, and I'm damned if I'm gonna sit through that train ride again, even if it does get much better after it.
If Half Life 2 doesn't have a long drawn out setting the scene level it will be much better.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:20   #18
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
I nearly completed Half Life (well I got to the alien planet), but then I had to format my computer and lost my save file, and I'm damned if I'm gonna sit through that train ride again, even if it does get much better after it.
If Half Life 2 doesn't have a long drawn out setting the scene level it will be much better.
Well, from what I have read Valve is promsing no more of the crap.

As for save file, use google and you can find sites offering downloads of save files at various levels.
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 22:01   #19
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
it's going to be just as ****ing wank as Halflife 1
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 23:07   #20
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
HL was great until the Alien levels, when i got bored and never bothered to complete it
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 23:18   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

http://home.socal.rr.com/inevitability/HL2/
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 01:22   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Wow that looks ace.

Maybe Valve are going to pull another stunning game out of the bag, although they'll have to go some to beat Halflife, I dont think that there has been a single game that even came close to beating it yet.

Deus Ex was absolutely ace, I loved it to bits, and I'll be screaming for glee when Deus Ex 2 finally arrives on our shelves.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 04:05   #23
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ended up using cheats in the alien stages, which were a bit out of place (platform jumping??) but otherwise it's the best FPS I've played. Second being the Medal of Honor series...yea, I'm a single-player kinda guy.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 09:07   #24
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
the last bit of both half life was a real let down I thought. The testicle crab thing was about the only redeeming feature, and the big exploding baby head was too easy to kill (just hide behind something and shoot it's head)

the rest of the game though was ace, although they could have done alot more with lighting to improve the atmosphere.
as for atmosphere, Silent Hill, anyone?
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote