User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 08:55   #1
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point
How big will 1UPs victory be?

Will they manage to get twice as big score as the ally (LCH?) ending as the second best ally?
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 12:19   #2
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road
Re: How big will 1UPs victory be?

who knows and who cares how much bigger they will be...
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 12:27   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

|----------------------------------------------------------------|

That big.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 13:36   #4
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

(not to scale)
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 13:40   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

who is 1up?
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 13:47   #6
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

something that you get while playing super mario brothers. The 1up comes in the form of a green mushroom.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 14:37   #7
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

As big as my willy

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 14:57   #8
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

300 mm? :eek:
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 15:45   #9
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

hehe, at least they arent FAnG. If it were they wud disband before round ends and some1 else wud win....
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:30   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

theres still time to disband we could beat fang at that as well
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:57   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
theres still time to disband we could beat fang at that as well
nope you can't beat us at that ;D

and the aswell is out of place. So far, both alliances have won 1 round

ohh and, does it matter what advantage they have over the #2 alliance? no. Not a single person will remember that in a year, what they will remember if they didn't ban PA from their memory yet, is that 1up had an easy and deserved win.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:35   #12
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
So far, both alliances have won 1 round
So a 100% record for us and a 12.5% record for you?

wd.
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:52   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
So a 100% record for us and a 12.5% record for you?

wd.
nope, both won 1 round, no more. We just happened to do abit longer about it then 1up did

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 04:55   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

techincally, fang has won .5 rounds
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 07:01   #15
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

on topic, i think its ridiculous that 1up singularly is leading by so much. It's disgusting. The real question is, "Is the Number 2 alliance proud?" i doubt they are. And judging from Remy's comment, they seem a bit bitter. So maybe they are pissed.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:15   #16
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

LCH is proud not to be 1UP !!!
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:22   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
techincally, fang has won .5 rounds
nonetheless it's 1 full round lasting > 3 months. How it's called hardly matters.

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:24   #18
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Why?
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:24   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
on topic, i think its ridiculous that 1up singularly is leading by so much. It's disgusting. The real question is, "Is the Number 2 alliance proud?" i doubt they are. And judging from Remy's comment, they seem a bit bitter. So maybe they are pissed.
depends. when you're 5th, ending #2 seems wonderful. When you however are #2 and far behind #1, then it might somehow be dissappointing. Tbh it should be, esp for LCH. I don't think they should settle and be satisfied with ending #2.

That's just my opinion ofc ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 15:05   #20
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

all the opposing alliances should not be happy with the round and the way it has developed.

The laissez faire attitude used and the entire universe being duped into the "we wont block" mentality.

Lets hope some alliances take steps to ensure that 1up don't win by such a margin again.

Congrats to 1up though - total domination
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 06:53   #21
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

that is the first round in Pia history where an alliance clearly wins not cause of politics/naps/allies.
Even r1-3 were just about getting the "good" ones on one side and dont fight each other (and WaC can for sure be called a block seeing the size it had, not to mention the Fury/Legion relationship and the fact there was never a real fight between em in r2/3).
All rounds after were anyways dictated by blocks.
So this is the first real round win of just one single alliance.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 09:00   #22
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

I'm LCH and I'm proud. I'm proud because this has been another sucessful round for us. Okay, #1 is what we wanted and some people aren't going to be happy until they're winning, but after last round, we've shown that LCH isn't weak. From looking at the stats last round, it looked like the LCH spirit had been crushed, mangled and thrown out in the trash.

My incomings still get covered. I still score roids. I can still enjoy this round. And other LCH'ers should be just as proud as 1up are - we showed we can have a good clean fun round and enjoy it. I hope next round falls under a similar style.

(9th round with LCH and I'm still loving every minute)
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 10:49   #23
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
that is the first round in Pia history where an alliance clearly wins not cause of politics/naps/allies.
Even r1-3 were just about getting the "good" ones on one side and dont fight each other (and WaC can for sure be called a block seeing the size it had, not to mention the Fury/Legion relationship and the fact there was never a real fight between em in r2/3).
All rounds after were anyways dictated by blocks.
So this is the first real round win of just one single alliance.
Look again. 1up napped 80% of the top 100 planets that were not 1up. You dont think that aided their win a bit?

But like I stated before in other threads it comes down to activity. 1up had 80% of its members active when it was needed. Other alliances are lucky to have 30%.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 11:33   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad
Look again. 1up napped 80% of the top 100 planets that were not 1up. You dont think that aided their win a bit?
I estimate 1up control about 250-300 planets, 100* of them being members - the rest are galaxy members who are fencesitting, aren't attacking 1up and in some cases are even raiding with them.
That's not to say all 1up galaxy members fencesit, just that there are quite a few who do.

1up didn't only win cos they're the best alliance, they created a political atmosphere where only the best alliance could win, by diluting politics in the game. Some people think that's bad, i think that politics is a fantastic leveller though. However, there are some pieces of play this round that have been truly bad, so I'm not sure if i'm right or not that politics if allowed to be properly employed would have made a difference - if that's true it's testament to the competence of 1up, and the incompetence of the rest..

*anyone who pedants that number is gay
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 11:36   #25
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad

But like I stated before in other threads it comes down to activity. 1up had 80% of its members active when it was needed. Other alliances are lucky to have 30%.
I think you use NAP pretty loosely, 1up exploited the fact that everyone was waiting for them to win, to win. It's everyone's fault for running around the forum saying '1up is winning'. Despite the fact that 1up said they weren't. And meant it. Haha.

In closing, it's Zhukov's fault that 1up won*.

*Except Methedrine and 'that crew' has a lot more credibility than Zhukov, so it's more theirs**.

** Hyperbole people, I'm not saying that was the entire cause of it, but it was a contributing factor. The '1up are winning' meme probably helped people in 1up gals decide that not attacking 1up was a good idea in the long run.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 14:13   #26
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

yer fkn zhukov!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 17:49   #27
Phant
Meep meep vs. 3.89

Phant is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt blame 1up for the naps, blame the darn fencesitters... noone in the top 100 should be proud to be there just because they chickened out and gave 1up an easy ride into the sunset... especially those lch/vsn/hr/mistu/rock planets.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 20:09   #28
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

will thieves and pirates be making a comeback?

-mist
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 13:23   #29
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

It isnt 1up s fault that alot of the top100 planets were chicken enough to take the galnap offered to them. Or better said they chose to remain in 1up arbiter (they were in allready cuz all gals napped have 1up members in them) to stay in arbiter they simply had to not attack 1up again. By doing this they gave the round to 1up which is quite weak imo, especially since the naps were offered in a stage were 1up wasnt clearly owning yet.

MiX
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:33   #30
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henck
who knows and who cares how much bigger they will be...
I do
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:59   #31
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
I do
good for you
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 13:20   #32
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

my gal is all against 1up, and we would have never formed any sort of NAP wit 1up

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 23:57   #33
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight
my gal is all against 1up, and we would have never formed any sort of NAP wit 1up
Care to hand out your coords so I can confirm that?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:28   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Care to hand out your coords so I can confirm that?
does it matter?

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:21   #35
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

he's prolly a lieing fk:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:29   #36
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

i aint a lier, and i obviously aint gonna release my coords to ya all.

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:33   #37
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

you mean cuz it's so secret 5 days be4 the round ends and we'll all dedicate our rounds to killing you then? and you care so much 5 days be4 the round ends? heh
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 15:21   #38
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
hehe, at least they arent FAnG. If it were they wud disband before round ends and some1 else wud win....
Just like we disbanded in 10.5??

Someone sounds a little bitter
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 16:01   #39
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
i know you can't be proud to be LCH tho while hc's and bc's of you are fencesitting in 1up gals:/

played too much with you to think you can really be proud of that
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 19:59   #40
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

cyph you got alot to tell now, did they allow you to post now ? :P