User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:17   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Interpret This Cartoon

http://www.comics.com/creators/bc/ar...-20031110.html

If you've seen this or read about it before, don't put anything down.

Those are your orders.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:19   #2
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Interpret This Cartoon

ok ok, man goes into a toilet....and theres a big black momma in there, and he goes head first in, and....well...realises its smells.
What do I win?
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:44   #3
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work_Child
ok ok, man goes into a toilet....and theres a big black momma in there, and he goes head first in, and....well...realises its smells.
What do I win?
that wouldn't be funny.
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:45   #4
Work_Child
Banned

it would be if you were the toilet, cus you knew it, and no one else would and youd laugh to yourself cus you knew this guy got stuck in this black momma...
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:47   #5
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Someone goes into that toilet (little hut thing) and says 'Is it just me, or does it stink in here?'
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:47   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work_Child
it would be if you were the toilet, cus you knew it, and no one else would and youd laugh to yourself cus you knew this guy got stuck in this black momma...
i was going to add "There's obviously no wrong answer"

good thing I didn't, because apparently there is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushell
Someone goes into that toilet (little hut thing) and says 'Is it just me, or does it stink in here?'
whats the joke? or, what's the point?

why the ' slam', all the moons, etc?
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:49   #7
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

where does it say that the comic is funny?
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:50   #8
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Its a bad cartoon.
Stretching far out my capabilities i think that he shat there and he was wondering if the horrible smell is due to his "offspring"
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:50   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
where does it say that the comic is funny?
i never said that. i just said that it was likely there was intended to be some point to the cartoon...
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:53   #10
mbushell

perhaps by what's said it's implying there's more than 1 person in the toilet and that would be funny, if i were twelve

ps i think 'slam' is onomatopoeia and suggests he closed the door and went inside
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:56   #11
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
perhaps by what's said it's implying there's more than 1 person in the toilet and that would be funny, if i were twelve

ps i think 'slam' is onomatopoeia and suggests he closed the door and went inside
why did he slam the door?

is he angry?

Do you feel like you are missing something?
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 20:58   #12
mbushell

because slam is a widely accessible word which indicates the closing of a door- really i feel youre stupid for visiting shit websites
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 21:04   #13
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
because slam is a widely accessible word which indicates the closing of a door- really i feel youre stupid for visiting shit websites
what shit websites have i visited?

the comic is in most high circulation newspapers throughout the US.

And do you seriously see no possible allegorical interpretation of a cartoon with no obvious joke and six crescent moons in three panels?
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 21:13   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i jsut saw it for what it is. i think smells are funny.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 21:15   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This sucks.
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 21:18   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Interpret This Cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
whats the joke? or, what's the point?

why the ' slam', all the moons, etc?
The slam is, I think, just the door being closed.

The moon is a common "decorative" motif on outhouses.

The joke, as such, is just that it obviously is him; as he's the only one there.

I suppose you could view the outhouse w/crescent moon as a middle east/Iraq metaphor, but that might be overanalyzing.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 21:20   #17
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The Crescent moon obviously represents Islam, and the nasty smell refers to the horror of terrorist acts committed in the name of Islam. The cartoon is reminicent of Luthers 95 Theses, only in a more modern context, and opposed to Terrorism rather than selling indulgences.

Or maybe it's just a bad comic, who knows?
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 22:04   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

k.

I'm starting to see the "the guy is obviously alone, but he still wants someone to blame the stink on" interpretation, but I think it's a stretch.

Note that this guy has done cartoons showing the symbolic overtaking of judaism by christianity in the past, and has religious overtones in many of his comics.

And the word 'slam', which seems kind of strange, is shaped into an 'I'.
I+slam = ?

But I was told of that interpretation before I looked at it, so I was biased. Hence me asking yinz.
Unread 21 Nov 2003, 23:57   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The man goes in there and finds a dead body thats been there for a long time. In a truly amusing , but very sick way, he looks at the body and asks it "Is it just me or does it smell in here".

Frame 5 (not shown) is where he laughs heartily , or has sex with the corpse. Im really not sure where the artist wanted it to lead.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 00:03   #20
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I+slam

or

s-lam

(ie. salam, peace)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 02:48   #21
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought I would see a worse comic than Kura's.. I'll now proceed to rip my eyeballs out.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 02:59   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I never thought I would see a worse comic than Kura's.. I'll now proceed to rip my eyeballs out.

=[DJ Bass]=
I KNEW there was a reason i liked you ... now , if youll give me a minute to find my chainsaw , ill try and remember it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 17:05   #23
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

The BC comics tend to have more moral of the story or life lesson to them then rip roaring funny.

This one is proably no need to state the obvious.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 17:24   #24
Work_Child
Banned

Quote:

And the word 'slam', which seems kind of strange, is shaped into an 'I'.
I+slam = ?

I SLAM,
YOU SLAM,
WE ALL SLAM FOR
ISLAM!!
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 18:37   #25
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a racist cartoon implying that black people talk to themselves and smell funny.

--------------
My Artwork

Last edited by Intervention; 22 Nov 2003 at 18:37. Reason: spelt racist wrong :(
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote