User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:53   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Eat your own Shit, US !

EU says ban on growth promoting hormones is good m'kay

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you stick some poor moo moo full of hormones it WILL end up in the food chain with no doubt 'hilarious' and unknown results so why has there just been some fat smug wanker from the US on MY TV telling me that it's only Europe and the UK that has a problem with the policy of adding hormones ?

Surely the rest of the world isn't allowing the US to dump cheap meat on them is it ?

This is a bad year for me, first of al I decide that the whole bomb the shit out of Iraq and shoot them a bit afterwards thing was bad, now I am starting to realise that globalism (apart from Starbucks) may not be quite as nice as it seems. Wonder if Hicks has room in his teepee commune

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:59   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Eat your own Shit, US !

Local coffee shops and cafes are much acer than starbucks.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:59   #3
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

Nearly everything causes cancer according to scientists. I'm not convinced.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:02   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shove enough fluffy bunnies up your ass and I bet you get cancer.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:06   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The thing that really pissed me off was that I got the impression that Mr fat smug wanker was suggesting that Europe and the UK banned his dodgy meat because it was from the US and not pumped full of stuff that just shouldn't be there

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:06   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Do you think that all Americans are obese because they eat meat laced with growth hormones?
No, its just that they tend to eat more foods with fat in them

vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:36   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Shove enough fluffy bunnies up your ass and I bet you get cancer.
I'd be more worried about the hoardes of rabbits making a nest and laying eggs and what not in my rectum.

Rabbits lay eggs, right?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:41   #8
Intrepid00

Of course, why else would the Easter Bunny be hiding them.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:53   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Point 1: Starbucks is evil (and im not talking about the poster)

Point 2: According to the research i've seen following the 'healthy eating/lifestyle' advice people are given actually makes **** all difference to their life expectancy (with possibly the exception of smoking)

Point 3: The US is also getting pissed at Europe for banning their GM foods which aren't even licensed over here

Point 4: I'm not sure it's the fact we're eating fat it's that we're eating 'the wrong kind' of fat (ie from what out 'natural' diet would have been like 100 years ago).
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:55   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Point 3: The US is also getting pissed at Europe for banning their GM foods which aren't even licensed over here.
**** 'em.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:55   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Typical: if we tried selling aborted human foetuses there'd be uproar
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:04   #12
Intrepid00

Fat is what made us smart. That is why its so important a baby receives it at youth for brain development. Its crap like Saturated Fats and and major caloire count that is makeing everyone fat not to mention bigger heffer portions.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:08   #13
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Glad the EU told the US to eat their own crap and stop pushing it onto us (or trying to push it onto us vis ex soviet countries).
All the crap Bush and his cronies pissed me off as well.
Horray for the EU!
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:25   #14
Intrepid00

Its ok, we will keep our hormoned beef. You can keep your Mad Cows.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:31   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Starbucks coffee is horse shit, mkay.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:32   #16
Intrepid00

All coffee is horse shit.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:34   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

yay the EU

Im starting to think that maybe our politicans aren't TOTALLY useless after all :P
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:37   #18
Intrepid00

http://planetside.station.sony.com/n...sp?story=57214
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:56   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

yes, sometimes they are usefull, i dont want to eat either food full of hormones or random GM-food.
ofc, this is just a french conspiracy to protect their farmers, but anyway.
another good thing was to forget about this software patent bullshit which was also an US-idea (i mean, patents on scrollbars? wtf?)
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 01:44   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
All coffee is horse shit.

I typed this sentence in 0.4 seconds because I'm so hyped up on caffeine.

PS I wouldn't buy GM meat but I don't think we should totally rule it out for everyone (suppliers should definitely inform the consumer of what their product is though). Is it substantially cheaper or anything?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 02:19   #21
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I typed this sentence in 0.4 seconds because I'm so hyped up on caffeine.

PS I wouldn't buy GM meat but I don't think we should totally rule it out for everyone (suppliers should definitely inform the consumer of what their product is though). Is it substantially cheaper or anything?
Exactly exactly exactly. **** governments protecting the individuals against their will. Due warning is all fine, but if I don't think that eating cigarettes and smoking fat is dangerous to me, I should damn well be allowed to do so.
Wu_trax, are you saying that since you don't want to eat that meat, I can't? Are you saying that's a GOOD decision? I just want to make absolutely clear you didn't speak too fast, before I start considering EVERYTHING you say as ignorant tripe. Instead of just half, like up until now.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 02:29   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
e.g. olive oil is good where as heated olive oil is bad!
Urban myth! Excessively heating olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance. Heating olive oil will not change its health aspects, only the flavor.

According to Dr. A. Kiritsakis, a world renowned oil chemist in Athens, (Book - OLIVE OIL FROM THE TREE TO THE TABLE -Second edition 1998), all oils will oxidize and hydrogenate to a tiny amount if repeatedly heated to very high temperatures such as is done in commercial frying operations. Fry restaurants and food factories actually have hand-held meters or do the "rancimat" test which tell them when the oil must be periodically changed because of excessive oxidation. This is more because of flavor than health.

When an oil is partially hydrogenated it can be in the cis or trans conformation which refers to which side of the fatty acid double bond the hydrogen is on. Olive pomace oil and virgin olive oil are both highly monounsaturated oils and therefore resistant to oxidation and hydrogenation. Studies have shown oxidation and hydrogenation occurs to a lesser degree in olive oil than in other oils. According to A. Kiritsakis (1998) ( Book- OLIVE OIL FROM THE TREE TO THE TABLE-Second edition), when olive oil and other vegetable oils are subjected to heating a lower amount of undesirable TRANS fatty acids are formed in olive oil than in the other oils. But in any case, the amount for any oil is miniscule and no home cook would ever experience this problem.

Nicked that off here by the way.

PS In general you're quite right on that point though.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 03:22   #23
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Eat your own Shit, US !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Surely the rest of the world isn't allowing the US to dump cheap meat on them is it ?
Yes they are, as a matter of fact. The US exports substantial amounts of meat--Canada, Mexico, Japan and South Korea being the top recipients.

When you scratch a trade barrier hard enough, you always find protectionism.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 03:48   #24
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Glad the EU told the US to eat their own crap and stop pushing it onto us (or trying to push it onto us vis ex soviet countries).
All the crap Bush and his cronies pissed me off as well.
Horray for the EU!
Fine, eat your own meat, since you have all those sprawling ranches in Europe.
It's especially funny that people like you call Americans ignorant.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 07:54   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Its ok, we will keep our hormoned beef. You can keep your Mad Cows.

and you can keep your E Coli

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 07:56   #26
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azof
Fine, eat your own meat, since you have all those sprawling ranches in Europe.
It's especially funny that people like you call Americans ignorant.
We have things called Farms. Like ranches but slightly smaller

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 08:18   #27
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

EU in protectionism shocker
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 08:51   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane. Badger
EU in protectionism shocker

US in "selling shit and wanting to force everyone to buy it" shocker

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 08:59   #29
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
US in "selling shit and wanting to force everyone to buy it" shocker
they don't 'force' anyone to buy anything, there's no gun held to consumers head making them buy US meat.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:00   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
they don't 'force' anyone to buy anything, there's no gun held to consumers head making them buy US meat.
so why do they bleat so much about it when the EU says "we don't want your shit"

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:05   #31
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

GM crops are a good idea for the staving masses of africa (I shant go into why they are starving *cough WTO, IMF), after all edible muck is better than nothing at all.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:38   #32
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Wu_trax, are you saying that since you don't want to eat that meat, I can't? Are you saying that's a GOOD decision? I just want to make absolutely clear you didn't speak too fast, before I start considering EVERYTHING you say as ignorant tripe. Instead of just half, like up until now.
if the customer has a choice and these prducts are marked thats fine, but thats not possible.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:42   #33
wu_trax

Quote:
and the meat looks different with hormones in it?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 11:04   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
No but there are trade sanctions against produce from the EU and the UK because of the ban on meat with growth hormones

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 11:35   #35
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
if the customer has a choice and these prducts are marked thats fine, but thats not possible.
Why not? (Because of stupid laws that's why)
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 11:51   #36
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Why not? (Because of stupid laws that's why)
and how do you make sure that within a few years not everything is mixed up and GM, even if people do not want it?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:13   #37
Intrepid00

Quote:
and you can keep your E Coli

Vaio
Do you have ANY idea what E Coli is and where it comes from? Let me give you a hint, your cows have E Coli and you got E Coli in your stomach right now.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:34   #38
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

cooool

I like GM food... as far as i can tell it tastes exactly the same, and as im a poor student type, anything that makes my food cheaper is a GOOD THING.

also, i boycott organic food, only because its expensive though.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:35   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I was under the impression that, at the moment at least, GM crops were not significantly cheaper to grow than normal crops. Which somewhat destroys one of their main selling points.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:42   #40
Intrepid00

GM is cheaper because it resist droughts, insects, and the EU.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:43   #41
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

But the seeds are more expensive. Or so Countryfile told me.

Damn that John Craven
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:44   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would have thought that unless there was a monopoly type thingummy... which i dont believe there is, im no expert of course... then more food produced, by whatever means, would drive down the price in real terms.

Ive never bought my own food before the last couple of months though... so, bleh, i cant really be arsed to research anyway.
Im off back home to watch neighbours.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:47   #43
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
No but there are trade sanctions against produce from the EU and the UK because of the ban on meat with growth hormones

Vaio
The difference being the US's sanctions are retalitory as opposed to protectionism.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:47   #44
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I like GM food...
You won't be saying that when you've grown an extra arm and tusks.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:50   #45
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
You won't be saying that when you've grown an extra arm and tusks.
a third arm might be useful
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:51   #46
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
But the seeds are more expensive. Or so Countryfile told me.

Damn that John Craven
True, but your crops are more likely to survie droughts, insects and just nature altoghter and they also tend to grow faster. I think a goal is two harvast of the same crop every year.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:51   #47
wu_trax

Quote:
The difference being the US's sanctions are retalitory as opposed to protectionism.
they had no rights to impose them without a WTO-decission though.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:51   #48
Intrepid00

Quote:
a third arm might be useful
Yes, you could scratch your balls while typing on the boards.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:59   #49
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
True, but your crops are more likely to survie droughts, insects and just nature altoghter and they also tend to grow faster. I think a goal is two harvast of the same crop every year.
What I was aiming at was saying that the increased cost of the seeds, at the minute anyway, negates the increased yields and lower cost of fertilisers, pesticides et al.

But as I say, John Craven could be making a liar of me.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:06   #50
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
and how do you make sure that within a few years not everything is mixed up and GM, even if people do not want it?
Chocolate flavoured milk and strawbery flavoured milk has both been for sale here for years, right next to eachother on the shelf, without anyone getting the two mixed up.

What the **** are you talking about?