User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Sep 2003, 21:43   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So why does my £2000 system play VCD's like a 386?

Top system , top graphics card , sound card , processor , hard drive , everything.

Yet after i start to play a VCD , movie will go 10-15 minutes before it starts skipping , jumping , hopping , distorting , and eventually playing frame by frame.

Does anyone have a similar problem, and do they know how to solve said problem?

(Editors Note : I know its WinXP Home , but SURELY the problem is a bit deeper than a **** OS).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 22:01   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Try using different players and VCDs (could be a naff copy).

It'll help you discover where the problem lies.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 22:37   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Try using different players and VCDs (could be a naff copy).

It'll help you discover where the problem lies.
Windows Media Player wont recognise the file
PowerDVD refuses to acknowledge its existence
WinDVD runs for 15 minutes before the previous symptoms occur

this is the case for ALL my VCD's.

Even when theyre copied onto the Hard Drive to prevent the CD-Rom from Skipping , the effect is the same.
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 22:40   #4
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Windows Media Player wont recognise the file
PowerDVD refuses to acknowledge its existence
*could* be a codec problem.

Although saying that, WMP usually auto updates things like that. No harm in trying something like the K++ Codec Pack, though.

Other than that, my ideas are spent.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 23:37   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
*could* be a codec problem.

Although saying that, WMP usually auto updates things like that. No harm in trying something like the K++ Codec Pack, though.

Other than that, my ideas are spent.
thanks. Ill get that downloaded.
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 22:09   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
thanks. Ill get that downloaded.
google for VLC

i have NEVER found a file format it cannot play.
and no codec chasing etc.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 00:36   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
google for VLC

i have NEVER found a file format it cannot play.
and no codec chasing etc.

Im downloading some AVI's just now (13 to be precise)

Already 2 of them have failed to preview in VLC.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 08:14   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Im downloading some AVI's just now (13 to be precise)

Already 2 of them have failed to preview in VLC.
i at you
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 09:37   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I've noticed some drives (DVD ones in particular) really struggle to read VCD's. They seem an awful lot more picky about discs than the likes a Standalone DVD player for your TV.

I for one find VCD's are not always picked up by the system, causing the cd to just spin while the drive tries to identify it and on the times it doesnt do this its prone to experianceing problem like you mentioned. Ive yet to find a fix for the problem
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 11:38   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
don't vcd's and drives have different speeds at which at they do whatever they do, so if the speeds are different they don't go so well, if you get my drift =/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 12:05   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i have the same problem with svcd. it will randomly jump about 5 minutes forward for no reason meaning i have to move my hands to correct it :/

is most annoying.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote