User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:01   #1
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
good books

i need some new decent books, can anyone recommend any?

p.s. mostly humour i think i want, just suggest, i'll be open-minded
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:02   #2
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
The Devil Wears Prada
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:07   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Pratchett?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:17   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I just finished The Trial by Kafka and its probably the best novel I've read since atlas shrugged. Not especially humourous though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:19   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
American Psycho

it is actually a comedy, once you get your head around it
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:19   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
the best novel I've read since atlas shrugged.
I think the idea was you were supposed to recommend comedy, not supply it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:20   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I think the idea was you were supposed to recommend comedy, not supply it.
oh snap
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:23   #8
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
oh snap
lollies
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:24   #9
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
* Animal Farm by George Orwell
* Stupid White Men
* The Tao of Pooh
* The Te of Piglet

-Not comedy i know, but anyway.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:25   #10
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
I'm currently reading Evoluion, by Stephen Baxter

edit: sp.

Last edited by Belgarath The Sorcerer; 6 Jul 2003 at 20:35.
Belgarath The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:27   #11
Nodrog

Catch 22, High Fidelity and anything by Pratchett are all pretty funny books
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:30   #12
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm about to finish the first part of La Divina Commedia by Dante Alighieri and I'm very much so looking forward to read the rest.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:30   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Voltaire's "Candide" is quite funny.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:30   #14
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
This was the first result when I searched for 'joke book' in Google.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:32   #15
mbushell

even though i'd probably find those jokes hillarious i wasn't looking for 'knock knock' books

Edit:

"If only software dealers were as fastidious as restaurants... A restaurant will give me the food for free if I found one bug in it." - extract

I change my mind, i wouldn't find it hillarious

Last edited by mbushell; 6 Jul 2003 at 20:37.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:05   #16
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
most stuff by Pratchet
Hitch Hikers guide to gal
Those 2 by Tom Sharpe 'Indecent Exposure' and 'Righteous Assembly' I believe they are called. They are very funny. His other books are not as good though.
Catch -22
Those Red Dwarf books and other stuff by Rob Grant

for some reason my mind has gone blank but are their are loads of other stuff that cool

P.S 'The Trial' by Kafka is not all that good Metamorphosis owns it
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:06   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i recently read "this is your life" by john o farrell

very very funny

if thats what youre looking for
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:12   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
Those Red Dwarf books and other stuff by Rob Grant
The best Dwarfer books are the first couple when Naylor and Grant were both writing. The two individual books (Last Human and Backwards) are relatively cack.
Quote:
P.S 'The Trial' by Kafka is not all that good Metamorphosis owns it [/b]
Not in my opinion.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:19   #19
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Harlen Coben's books are pretty funny. Deal Breaker especially.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.

Last edited by Embroglio; 7 Jul 2003 at 00:36.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:23   #20
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Fight Club and/or Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.

Not really comedy but you should read them anyway.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 00:32   #21
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Anything by Dave Barry or Carl Hiaassen
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 00:41   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Voltaire's "Candide" is quite funny.

Voltaire is one of the greatest comic writers in history. Definitely buy candide if you're looking for comedy. Most of his short storys are great as well.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 00:46   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Recently acquired "Jennifer Government". It's quite a good read, if you can get it from somewhere, I certainly wouldn't recommend against it.

(And yes, that's that book Nationstates was created to advertise.)
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 00:51   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Good Omens.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 01:42   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: good books

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
p.s. mostly humour i think i want
You need to read some Bill Bryson. In particular, "Notes from a small island" or "A walk in the woods". They both left me in tears, hilarious, informative - bryson is excellent.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 01:51   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dark Side of the Sun.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 02:24   #27
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Depends what you want. If general comedy, where you go from one chucle to the next, there's really nothing more I can add here. But are you satisfied if a book has just a few, perhaps just one, real moment(s), that are utterly hilarious and breathtaking, then I have a shelffull of scifi to recommend
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 01:17   #28
Nodrog

Quote:

P.S 'The Trial' by Kafka is not all that good Metamorphosis owns it
Metamorphosis was kind of boring.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 01:31   #29
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Hello. I'm a bug.

Now go away.

Matrim
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 01:40   #30
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
The best books are those you write yourself.

It's the same as with cooking.

No that's not true.

Matrim
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 01:49   #31
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
<Insert Bill Bryson Here>

<Insert Ben Elton Here>
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 02:00   #32
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: good books

1. Awaken the Giant Within ~ Anthony Robbins

2. Unlimited Power ~ Anthony Robbins

3. 8 Minutes in the Morning: A Simple Way to Start Your Day That Burns Fat and Sheds the Pounds ~ Anthony Robbins
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 04:56   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
<Insert Ben Elton Here>
Blast From the Past onwards, no.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:01   #34
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
There CANNOT POSSIBLY be a list of books that don't include 2001: A Space Odyssey. Easily the greatest book in the world! Has a computer with a great name too.......he copied me - honestly!
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:12   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

hehehehehe
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:13   #36
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Basil Brush is the epitomy of evil - EVIL I TELL YOU
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:29   #37
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Carpet People

PS Dark Side of the Sun and Strata are both ridiculously shiet.

PPS Wee Free Men is
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:47   #38
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
but The Trial was such a fast past exciting ride heh?
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:50   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Obviously if you haven't read everything by Pratchett, everything by Douglas Adams and as much Alan Moore as you can get your hands on, then read them first, they are all teh win.
You've missed off Neil Gaiman, you naughty boy.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 13:45   #40
Nodrog

Quote:
but The Trial was such a fast past exciting ride heh?
yeah, it was great
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:11   #41
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I read Kafka's "Castle" after my English teacher recommended me it due to a short story I wrote about life. I'm still not sure whether I should feel complimented or offended but I liked it.

BTW. Tristram Shandy for the "open minded".
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:41   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
BTW. Tristram Shandy for the "open minded".
The Life and Opinions of, Gentleman.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:49   #43
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Catch 22, High Fidelity and anything by Pratchett are all pretty funny books
Pyramids

edit: I do know this has been said in another thread...

P.S. Anything by David Feintuch
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:58   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Pyramids
Somes likes it, somes don't
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:09   #45
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
i assume u've read hitch-hikers guide [sp?]
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:11   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy; A Trilogy in Five Parts
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:23   #47
mbushell

Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
The Carpet People
read it :/

i've just ordered hitch-hikers guide to the gal' as a friend offline recommened it aswell, i'm looking into others other people have recommended as well
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:30   #48
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm now half-way through the six (bonus) parts of the Hitchhikers guide. It was only available in English. I must say it's a surprisingly easy read and so far it's great in being humorously absurd.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:10   #49
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
I'm now half-way through the six (bonus) parts of the Hitchhikers guide. It was only available in English. I must say it's a surprisingly easy read and so far it's great in being humorously absurd.
its about to get bad