User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:10   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
wanted an ideology

not a religious or nationalistic one tho, i dont want buddhism (before any of you say it isnt a religion or whatever, to me it is, besides too many neo-hippies are 'into' it, its to main stream for my liking), i considered gothism, but you know, freaks.

Basically i want a group of people to hang with and call 'my hommies' they must have an organised structure with banners and flags and everything. Are any of you part of any sect/cults that you can tell me about??

ps it must be a minority one, so that i can feel extra 'special'

ta muchly
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:12   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Rap, bitch.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:13   #3
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
not a religious or nationalistic one tho, i dont want buddhism (before any of you say it isnt a religion or whatever, to me it is, besides too many neo-hippies are 'into' it, its to main stream for my liking), i considered gothism, but you know, freaks.

Basically i want a group of people to hang with and call 'my hommies' they must have an organised structure with banners and flags and everything. Are any of you part of any sect/cults that you can tell me about??

ps it must be a minority one, so that i can feel extra 'special'

ta muchly
You can be a Follower of W. If you have the mind.

You know where to find me.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:14   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Rap, bitch.
ya but thats not really something for me to believe in is it?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:16   #5
Nusselt
share the <3

Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Originally posted by W
You can be a Follower of W. If you have the mind.

You know where to find me.
well tbh your views are too main stream lefty for me.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:17   #6
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
ya but thats not really something for me to believe in is it?

Depends if you are from a 'hood' or not.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:19   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
be a rastafarian.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:20   #8
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
well ok, but the market for white boyz from the hood has already been cornered.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:20   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

iss "da hood" o' I pop a cap in yo' ass

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:21   #10
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
be a rastafarian.
YES exactly this is the kind of thinking i want, a white rasta from London!!!!!

ill look into it

ta muchly
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:26   #11
Radical Edward

wikkid mon.

Rastas can be found at the top back of night buses, inhaling copious amounts of Ganja*

*no, I am not kidding. I have seen these people.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:32   #12
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
<stuff>

Fag.
He explained his reasoning for wanting to be a part of a group perfectly well.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:34   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:

Fag.
erm, no ta. Did think about it tho.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:34   #14
Radical Edward

are you saying fags are only fags in order to become popular and not benefit themselves in any other way (excepting constipational issues)

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:38   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Yes he wants it soley to become popular and not to benifit himself in any other way.

Hence the "fag" remark.

So if I am not completely mistaken you are taking this very seriously ?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:39   #16
Nusselt
share the <3

Re: Re: Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Yes he wants it soley to become popular and not to benifit himself in any other way.
becoming popular would be extremelly beneficial thankyouverymuch hence i want a fairly minority belief system in which i can rapidly rise through the ranks and become all powerful and reach inner peace.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:42   #17
Radical Edward

I see, you need something a bot more hierarchichal. why not go and patronise the Scientologists? Granted you have to give them 95% of your wage or something, but just tell them you are homeless, and you want inner peace or some drivel. they will lap it up, and you can be the guy taking 95% of rich morons wages for yourself.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:43   #18
Radical Edward

Quote:
No I was just calling him queer
I still think you are making some insidious and underhanded remarks about our shirt lifting bruthaz.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:45   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Gothism?

Pfffffffffffttttttttttt.

Think about stuff for a while, then join a ****ing political party that coresponds to your 'ideas'.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:47   #20
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson

Think about stuff for a while, then join a ****ing political party that coresponds to your 'ideas'.
or join a weak one that doesn't and make it correspond to your ideas - like Blair did

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:51   #21
Nusselt
share the <3

btw what is this 'thirdway' business in new labour, ive heard a lot about it with out knowing that much (thank you BBC) is it like some centreist policy what did 'old' labour stand for, and what changed to become 'new' labour?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:54   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
btw what is this 'thirdway' business in new labour, ive heard a lot about it with out knowing that much (thank you BBC) is it like some centreist policy what did 'old' labour stand for, and what changed to become 'new' labour?
The Third Way is neither left nor right, neither up nor down, neither north nor south.

Nobody actually knows. It's just a trendy buzz phrase that leaders of centre-left parties like to use.

Oh, and I'm not going to explain to you the last 25 years of Labour Party history and the complete basis of Social Democracy and Socialism while I'm at it. Read up on freaking politics for Christ's sake.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 17:09   #23
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
well tbh your views are too main stream lefty for me.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I'm not shallow, but are you THAT blind??!?

Ahaha, I get it, it's a joke right? You're being sarcastic. Good one! Hehe.

Seriously tho, you know what I stand for, don't you? What's wrong with it?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 17:11   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question Re: Re: Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Seriously tho, you know what I stand for, don't you? What's wrong with it?
Nihilism? Where should we begin?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:12   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
anarcho-syndicalism is where the cool kids are at these days
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:15   #26
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wanted an ideology

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Nihilism? Where should we begin?
Anywhere you want, it makes no difference anyway

(haha im funny)
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:19   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Haven't given the divine right of kings a lash in a while.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:23   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You could join a secret cult, that i've heard of, called "the brothehood of ******", where everybody is a *****. Its not very big, nor very influential, but i've heard that they are gonna get some robes and train martial arts to take over the world.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 20:33   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Be a communist. We have our own flag, our own song, and you can find our representatives handing out **** unreadable newspapers outside London tube stations every Saturday.

If you want to hang out, you can go to the Red Rose pub in Highbury. Many meetings can be found upstairs. Although there's a slight chance it'd need to be evacuated due to the UVF threatening to blow it up for holding IRSP meetings.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 20:43   #30
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Be a communist. We have our own flag, our own song, and you can find our representatives handing out **** unreadable newspapers outside London tube stations every Saturday.

If you want to hang out, you can go to the Red Rose pub in Highbury. Many meetings can be found upstairs. Although there's a slight chance it'd need to be evacuated due to the UVF threatening to blow it up for holding IRSP meetings.
What's the communist song? Imagine?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 21:09   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
What's the communist song? Imagine?
That's good as is The Red Flag , but I was thinking, of course, of Sk8r Boi by Avril Lavigne.

Timeless.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:35   #32
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
anarcho-syndicalism is where the cool kids are at these days
I spent 3 fking hours today explaining to a friend why anarcho-syndicalism was actually Stalinism gone wrong and would never be implementable in the first place; feeling the need to press in my own beliefs I compared its ease of implementation to Marxism, anarcho-syndicalism possibly being the only other system that makes it look utterly easy.

Heh.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:38   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
I spent 3 fking hours today explaining to a friend why anarcho-syndicalism was actually Stalinism gone wrong
Erm, what?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:40   #34
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Erm, what?
long conversation. his words. don't ask.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:33   #35
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
long conversation. his words. don't ask.
Don't ask? Do you mean you're not as interested in in discussing it as a spelling Nazi is interested in correcting people?

Dante, I like Sk8ter Boi too. You got the link wrong though: try http://www.avril-lavigne-pics-lyrics.com/sk8terboi.htm

Last edited by queball; 21 Mar 2003 at 23:41.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:37   #36
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Don't ask? Do you mean you're not interesting in discussing it?

a) I'm never interesting.

b)partly

c)micromanagement of communes etc., the way he (an anarcho-syndicalist) saw it, not being entirely up to date on the full manifesto I argued with what he gave me. He used the word Stalinism. I was tired. OK?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:40   #37
Nodrog

sk8r boi is capitalist dude, its a story of how a free market economy allows a hard working and talented young boy to rise to stardom, and overcome the collectivised notions of conformity which were embedded into those around him in his childhood and which could only be encouraged in an ecomonic system such as communism, which would have probably resulted in him being "kept down" throughout his whole life unable to "better himself" as rock stars would earn less than street cleaners and garbage men and wouldnt have allowed him to capture the "sk8r girl" at the end
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:43   #38
queball
Ball

Quote:
sk8r boi is capitalist dude, its a story of how a free market economy allows a hard working and talented young boy to rise to stardom, and overcome the collectivised notions of conformity which were embedded into those around him in his childhood and which could only be encouraged in an ecomonic system such as communism, which would have probably resulted in him being "kept down" throughout his whole life unable to "better himself" as rock stars would earn less than street cleaners and garbage men and wouldnt have allowed him to capture the "sk8r girl" at the end
"sk8r" girl??? He was a punk, she did ballet. Can I make it any more obvious?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:45   #39
Nodrog

Quote:
"sk8r" girl??? He was a punk, she did ballet. Can I make it any more obvious?
Yeah the ballet girl turned him down and he ended up with the sk8r girl (avril) instead, thats like the whole point of the song: people who are shallow lose out in the end or something. Maybe the lyrics are just too complex for you :((((
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:49   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

You've totally missed the point. When the revolution comes, we will ALL be sk8rs, and no-one will do balet.

Everyone will be good enough for everyone!

And my point is backed up by Complicated, about the false preppyness capitalism engenders in the kids.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:50   #41
queball
Ball

Quote:
Yeah the ballet girl turned him down and he ended up with the sk8r girl (avril) instead, thats like the whole point of the song: people who are shallow lose out in the end or something. Maybe the lyrics are just too complex for you (((
Oh, Avril. Avril is more punk than sk8r.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:53   #42
Nusselt
share the <3

but isnt making everyone do sk8r instead of ballet reverse balletaying????? I thought the song was more about the peer group pressure that can be asserted on people who do ballet as opposed to sk8r girls who are more non conforminst in a conformist way
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:56   #43
Nodrog

Quote:
Oh, Avril. Avril is more punk than sk8r.
I hear she invented punk, can anyone confirm or deny?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:57   #44
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
sorry dude, that was 'The Offspring', when they brought out 'Pretty Fly for a White Guy'
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 00:00   #45
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
I hear she invented punk, can anyone confirm or deny?
she invented sk8r punk a pseudo hardcore splinter group which believes in a continous music revolution around the world, they hate the provisional punk groups on account of their more moderate belief in the 'system' ie ballet.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 00:04   #46
Nusselt
share the <3

oh and does anyone else think she has a funny nose??? i know some of you think she has funny teeth, but i find her nose more disturning.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 00:08   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
oh and does anyone else think she has a funny nose??? i know some of you think she has funny teeth, but i find her nose more disturning.
Without wishing to repeat the language of your Spanish friend, her nose is rather "non-European" looking don't you think?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 00:11   #48
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
Without wishing to repeat the language of your Spanish friend, her nose is rather "non-European" looking don't you think?
well its kind of bulbous at the end, unlike anything ive seen. It spreads away from her face.

EDIT the end of her nose not her nose but its end kind of goes

ah forget it.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 01:36   #49
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
her nose is rather "non-European" looking don't you think?
Well she is from Canada. Although apparantly she's actually a nice person, and is only in on the whole "sk8er" thing for the money, even if her lyrics do have deep meaning.