User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2003, 07:39   #1
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Success!

The powerful american warmachine crushes the wellarmed, powerfull army holding the building, housing saddams two sons!

Seriously, I don't know anything about the military, how can it take such a long time to take down four people?
One man is a cripple and one is 14.
Outside there is choppers, hundreds of soldiers armed with swedish rockets and grenades.
Why did it take such a long time?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 07:56   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
because they wanted to do it right!

oh

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 08:28   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
They could have blown the **** out of the building from the air if they wanted, the point is they wanted to storm the place, properly, and prove the sons of bitches were dead.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 09:31   #4
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
And using gas for example might not have been better?

And why kill them, why not put them on trial?

Imagine the PRvalue, resembling the Nürnberg trials
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 10:09   #5
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't gas against the Geneva Convention?

Could be wrong..

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 10:26   #6
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Knockoutgas, some kind of nonlethal way to bring them down
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 10:28   #7
Happy Tom

Happy Tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Success!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ärketrollmannen

Why did it take such a long time?
This is why:

Quote:
hundreds of soldiers armed with swedish rockets
Happy Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:09   #8
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

yes obviously we have been trying to disrupt the war, with no luck however....
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:14   #9
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Knockoutgas, some kind of nonlethal way to bring them down
Theres no such thing out of the movies. Remember that Russian siege not too long ago which gas killed over a hundred civilians?
Thats the best thats available.

Tho I did think to myself it was a long time....
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:24   #10
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

yes but in this case noone really cared IF they died, but it would give them a chance.

And that case mainly killed because they refused to tell the doctors what was in it
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:38   #11
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
They should have used the SAS. They have experience storming buildings from counter terrorism operations, whereas the US military don't do that as much, because of the laws on Posse Comitas.
Of course, it simply wouldn't be proper to show the British SAS as being the best in the world. Those Americans might begin to develop an inferiority complex.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:43   #12
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
They should have used the SAS
Chances are those were the US equivalent
Shows you how lame the yanks are at fighting

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:48   #13
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by treelo
Chances are those were the US equivalent
Shows you how lame the yanks are at fighting
It was the 101st Airbourne, who are Paratroopers. They're well trained, but not in counter terrorism. And even if they did use Delta Force(the US equivalent of the SAS), my point about them not having experience still remains.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:53   #14
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

They have experience....not much....but some.
But normally they would f*ck that up to.

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:59   #15
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
They should have used the SAS. They have experience storming buildings from counter terrorism operations, whereas the US military don't do that as much, because of the laws on Posse Comitas.
Of course, it simply wouldn't be proper to show the British SAS as being the best in the world. Those Americans might begin to develop an inferiority complex.
you of course are familiar with the day to day workings of the special forces of the UK and USA and are therefore in a good position to pass judgement like that? or maybe you just read a couple of andy mcnabb books..?
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:05   #16
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

pfft.....i know more about Delta Force than you

I've seen all the movies

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:10   #17
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by treelo
pfft.....i know more about Delta Force than you

I've seen all the movies
yeah but have you got the game??? i was in a pc shop today and saw some guy playing black hawk down, man that was cool. im going to get it so i can learn all about them too then i can tell all my friends how **** the delta force is compared to the sas, which is also **** compared to the sbs, but you never hear about the sbs because they are so super 1337 they let the sas take all the credit, but really they have like this massive rivalry going on! yeah im doing that!
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:12   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Incidentally, the other kid had quite a lot of beard for a fourteen year-old.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:20   #19
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
look lets be honest, you're G.I.John doe in mosul, your cigar chewing comander says

'storm that building son'

you think, k, they're shooting back at me. Then you consider the fragility of your body to bullets, then look at those leet swedish rockets and think

'ah wtf'

tis pretty funneh that it took 6 hours tho.

'think they're deeead yet?'

'nah blast it all again'
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:33   #20
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
you of course are familiar with the day to day workings of the special forces of the UK and USA and are therefore in a good position to pass judgement like that? or maybe you just read a couple of andy mcnabb books..?
In the US it is illegal for the military to intervene in law enforcement(Posse Comitas). Counter terrorism is law enforcement. Storming a house is pretty similar to counter terrorism.
Thats why the US have SWAT teams, but the UK has the SAS, and thats why the SAS would probably be a better choice.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:36   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I try not to question the logic of the armed forces. You get into a strange, strange world when you start that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:39   #22
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
In the US it is illegal for the military to intervene in law enforcement(Posse Comitas). Counter terrorism is law enforcement. Storming a house is pretty similar to counter terrorism.
Thats why the US have SWAT teams, but the UK has the SAS, and thats why the SAS would probably be a better choice.
so delta force obviously never train for that scenario then? and of course the sas dont need to train for it because it happens all the the time in real life and thats how they are so superior. i see now.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:43   #23
Jammers

Quote:
so delta force obviously never train for that scenario then? and of course the sas dont need to train for it because it happens all the the time in real life and thats how they are so superior. i see now.
Given that the only time Delta Force don't have to do it as much as the SAS, it would stand to reason that they won't train for it as much as the SAS.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:45   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

therefore the sas is the best in the world as proven my jammers and his intimate knowledge of the training the special forces all over the world go through.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:47   #25
Jammers

Quote:
therefore the sas is the best in the world as proven my jammers and his intimate knowledge of the training the special forces all over the world go through.
It's not so much "intimate knowledge", more of "A is true, so B is likely to be true"
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:49   #26
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

"A is possibly true, so B is definitely true even though we ignore all the other special forces all over the world because i read bravo two zero"
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:14   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Those Americans might begin to develop an inferiority complex.

Will this complex of theirs house any WMDs?
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:19   #28
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Makes me laugh.

Look, we didnt find any WMDs.
But we killed two young men who were just about to reach the peak of their life. And here are some pictures of their dead bodies.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 15:40   #29
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I try not to question the logic of the armed forces. You get into a strange, strange world when you start that.
What?

You don't think it is all true and logical?
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 15:47   #30
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Makes me laugh.

But we killed two young men who were just about to reach the peak of their life. And here are some pictures of their dead bodies.
yeah man

we should have sent them out clubbing dude they wont ever get chance to do that what the **** thats terrrible
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 15:47   #31
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Makes me laugh.

dont forget about how much they complaint when the iraq showed pictures of dead us-soldiers during the war, but ofc, now things are different .
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 17:01   #32
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Incidentally, the other kid had quite a lot of beard for a fourteen year-old.
The two sons of Saddam were a tad older than 14, the fourteen year old kid were the grandson of saddam, unfortunatly i never got to see a pic of him.
I don't believe they even showed it
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 17:26   #33
Sensations

If you saw on the reports exactly how they attacked the premisis, you'd laugh.

It was clearly a case of the person incharge looking for a medal.

The building should have been sieged untill dark (the inhabitants were apparently only fireing upon people that tried to enter the building) then a sf unit should have gone in ninja style, possibly hang gluiding onto the roof from a nearby taller building in the quiet of the night \o/

They could have then captured all the occupants and taken them to camp x-ray.

But the dude in charge wanted a medal and to be on TV.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 18:08   #34
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
I wanna see your Bush!!!
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 14:57   #35
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
look lets be honest, you're G.I.John doe in mosul, your cigar chewing comander says

'storm that building son'

you think, k, they're shooting back at me. Then you consider the fragility of your body to bullets, then look at those leet swedish rockets and think

'ah wtf'

tis pretty funneh that it took 6 hours tho.

'think they're deeead yet?'

'nah blast it all again'

ROFL.

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 16:00   #36
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sensations
If you saw on the reports exactly how they attacked the premisis, you'd laugh.

It was clearly a case of the person incharge looking for a medal.

The building should have been sieged untill dark (the inhabitants were apparently only fireing upon people that tried to enter the building) then a sf unit should have gone in ninja style, possibly hang gluiding onto the roof from a nearby taller building in the quiet of the night \o/

They could have then captured all the occupants and taken them to camp x-ray.

But the dude in charge wanted a medal and to be on TV.
hang gliding?