User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:02   #1
rc mayhem

Exclamation round price

I expect someone has already said this but I could not see it and it needs to be said. Why have they increased the price this round?? The problem the game has is that the price is discouraging ppl and so the player base is getting much smaller. I am not even comparing the playerbase to r4 but to r5 and 6 and even 7 where it was all paid and the player base deceases each time. With the price we are not going to get new players in. Would you buy anything without even seeing it before letalone trying it out.

I hoped that with a large company like Jolt running the finance then they would not have the huge debt the Creators had and they dont need to make a huge pofit from the game as their other games will pay for that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not one of these ppl that are trying to damn PA down because they dont ant to play nomore, I love the game and will be playing it for a long time to come but I am not sure if there will be PA in a few rounds as it will be the hardcore 100-500 of us playing and thats what I would hate to see but if there is not even free accounts or cheaper accounts so that ppl think "so what if its rubbish I have hardly spent anything" then the game will become destroyed from the inside.

I hope i have got what I am tying to say arcoss well.

Cm
loyal PA player to the end
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:09   #2
Ariados
natural born pe0n

Ariados is an unknown quantity at this point
The original idea was to make PA free, instead they increase(?) the price Not that I care personally, but I can't see how they're stupid enough to charge more for a game that already has a shrinking playerbase.

And I thought speed games would be included in the money you pay for round 9? It would be nice with more people playing the speed events, but I don't think that's gonna happen now

Apart from that I'm quite happy with the prices, it's a good thing that you can pay for several rounds at the same time and get a better price.

Last edited by Ariados; 11 Feb 2003 at 17:30.
Ariados is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:17   #3
fhaman

not only are they raising the price but they are also trying to screw us people who arent in the UK using pounds.

Quote:
All Credit Card payments will be charged with the listed amount under the POUNDS column, the other prices / currencies are for use with the regional payment centers they apply to.

now look at this

8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 12.0693 EUR
8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 12.9267 USD
8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 90.1051 NOK

I live in the USA if they charge me 8 GBP I am paying $12.07 not the $10 they show in the USD column.

I personally do not think I will be paying, I though PA was gonna reduce prices at least not increase them.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:22   #4
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the prices where reasonable.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:28   #5
Konsul
Monkey in a Wheel

Konsul is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner has proposed a pricing table to Jolt but its still being considered.

As to any increased costs.....given the actual amount in question spend 2.5-3 hours at work and U prolly already have earned to play the full package R9-10+SpeedR.

Also available on IRC, #planetarion or #ipc-alliance
Konsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:51   #6
krazor

I don't understand this. They double the price of round 8 (wich was 5 euro). this will prob cut away half the player base we had in round 8 (peeps who joined r8 because it was suppost to be last round, and peeps who think 10 euro is to expensive). To what use? When 5th Season sold PA, they told that it would prob never make any profit. Then why does Jolt double the price????
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:56   #7
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by fhaman
not only are they raising the price but they are also trying to screw us people who arent in the UK using pounds.

now look at this

8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 12.0693 EUR
8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 12.9267 USD
8.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 90.1051 NOK

I live in the USA if they charge me 8 GBP I am paying $12.07 not the $10 they show in the USD column.

I personally do not think I will be paying, I though PA was gonna reduce prices at least not increase them.
This is really the weakest thing they can do...try to screw us over..
but thx to fhaman we saw it

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:57   #8
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
First off I love the game. But I have grown so very weary of all the BS, that has surrounded it. First the round 8 disaster, and now the rising price of the game. Ive come to realise, that no matter what the creators try to make you believe, they really do not care about most of you and your gaming expierience. When PA went P2P i wasnt all to happy, but I understood. I love the game so I was happy to pay. Now, after round 8, they have the juebos to raise prices? LOL.
Now I know the argument that Jolt is not responsible for FS and round 8, but that is not entirely true. When one entity takes over another, they are responsible for any debts owed as well entitled to collect any monies owed to the company they have purchased. So in essence, under US business law, unless FS filed for bankruptcy protection, Jolt IS responsible for round 8.
So being true to my US origin, this is what im going to try to do. A law suit against Jolt.....Being that Jolt has purchased FS and that FS (as far as I know of) has never filed for bankruptcy protection, Jolt is responsible under US law for all debts accrued by FS. Of course I will need to consult the contract I signed with FS when i agreed to terms. I will also have to check internet law regarding foreign companies obligatiions when doing business in the US.
The best thing about law suits within the US, is all I have to do is fill out a complaint, and walk it down to a federal court house with my $25 filing fee. Even if the suit has no merit, Jolt will be forced to respond. And from what Ive been led to believe thus far, my case would have merit. So I figure, why not? Sue everybody.

Sincerley,
Tired
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:17   #9
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fyodor
A law suit against Jolt.....Being that Jolt has purchased FS and that FS (as far as I know of) has never filed for bankruptcy protection, Jolt is responsible under US law for all debts accrued by FS.
IANAL, but as I understand it, PA is an asset that was owned by FS and was sold.
(Not sure if the buyer is Jolt or Dominic Silk or someone else).
In any case PA is going to be hosted by Jolt.
If you think you have a case against FS, go ahead and file a law suit...
I don't see how you could have a case against Jolt.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:27   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
So being true to my US origin, this is what im going to try to do. A law suit against Jolt.....
For what exactly?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:28   #11
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Er, every round since R6 has been around $10 USD / 10 Euro equivalent. Get over it. You're bitching about an extra dollar or two, at most. Get over it.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:30   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
First off I love the game. But I have grown so very weary of all the BS, that has surrounded it. First the round 8 disaster, and now the rising price of the game. Ive come to realise, that no matter what the creators try to make you believe, they really do not care about most of you and your gaming expierience. When PA went P2P i wasnt all to happy, but I understood. I love the game so I was happy to pay. Now, after round 8, they have the juebos to raise prices? LOL.
I don't see where they raised prices that much. R8 was $10 ($11 if paid by credit card). R9 is nominally $10 ($12 if you pay by credit card at today's currency exchange rates).
Quote:
Now I know the argument that Jolt is not responsible for FS and round 8, but that is not entirely true. When one entity takes over another, they are responsible for any debts owed as well entitled to collect any monies owed to the company they have purchased. So in essence, under US business law, unless FS filed for bankruptcy protection, Jolt IS responsible for round 8.
I believe Fifth Season did go bankrupt. I didn't see the actual filing, so I can't be positive. At the very least, they were broke and had to sell off all their assets.
Quote:
So being true to my US origin, this is what im going to try to do. A law suit against Jolt.....Being that Jolt has purchased FS and that FS (as far as I know of) has never filed for bankruptcy protection, Jolt is responsible under US law for all debts accrued by FS. Of course I will need to consult the contract I signed with FS when i agreed to terms. I will also have to check internet law regarding foreign companies obligatiions when doing business in the US.
Part of the terms you agreed to with Fifth Season was to settle any and all claims in Norwegian courts.
Quote:
The best thing about law suits within the US, is all I have to do is fill out a complaint, and walk it down to a federal court house with my $25 filing fee. Even if the suit has no merit, Jolt will be forced to respond. And from what Ive been led to believe thus far, my case would have merit. So I figure, why not? Sue everybody.
Heh, so you're willing to spend $25 to try to recover some or all of the ~$10 you spent for R8? I applaud your tenacity if not your actual financial sense.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:34   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Jolt don't even own Planetarion.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:40   #14
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Jolt don't even own Planetarion.
Sim Tech do, Jolt hosts and admins it for em

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:45   #15
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I don't see where they raised prices that much. R8 was $10 ($11 if paid by credit card). R9 is nominally $10 ($12 if you pay by credit card at today's currency exchange rates).

I believe Fifth Season did go bankrupt. I didn't see the actual filing, so I can't be positive. At the very least, they were broke and had to sell off all their assets.

If they didnt go bankrupt, then even though they are broke, the are still liable.

Part of the terms you agreed to with Fifth Season was to settle any and all claims in Norwegian courts.

Thank for the heads up, i havent been able to locate the terms. But i just spoke to my buddy, who is a lawyer, and he says that I can file in US court, and then it is up to FS/Jolt to petition the court for a change of venue/jurisdiction. (which adds to their headache)

Heh, so you're willing to spend $25 to try to recover some or all of the ~$10 you spent for R8? I applaud your tenacity if not your actual financial sense.
Money is not the issue with me, im tired of the lack of integrity shown by the creators and their owners and feel it is time they were held resposle for their actions.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:48   #16
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Money is not the issue with me, im tired of the lack of integrity shown by the creators and their owners and feel it is time they were held resposle for their actions.
First you have to find the adress of Sim-tech. Which is not that easy, I'm told
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:49   #17
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ðiscorporation
First you have to find the adress of Sim-tech. Which is not that easy, I'm told
Sim-Tech,
Somewhere in,
UK

or try [email protected]

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:49   #18
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
IANAL, but as I understand it, PA is an asset that was owned by FS and was sold.
(Not sure if the buyer is Jolt or Dominic Silk or someone else).
In any case PA is going to be hosted by Jolt.
If you think you have a case against FS, go ahead and file a law suit...
I don't see how you could have a case against Jolt.
When a company takes on another, the new company is liable for all the old companies outstanding debts/assets. At least in the US. Take for example, i owe the telephone company say bell atlantic, $100, and a new company, say verizon, buys out BA, i am still obligated to pay my telephone bill to Verizon, and Verizon is still obligated to pay all bills outstanding on behalf of bell atlantic.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:51   #19
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
When a company takes on another, the new company is liable for all the old companies outstanding debts/assets. At least in the US. Take for example, i owe the telephone company say bell atlantic, $100, and a new company, say verizon, buys out BA, i am still obligated to pay my telephone bill to Verizon, and Verizon is still obligated to pay all bills outstanding on behalf of bell atlantic.
But does this apply to an online game to which you have agreed that your money is forfeit when you click 'ok' on the User Agreement?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:52   #20
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally posted by Ðiscorporation
But does this apply to an online game to which you have agreed that your money is forfeit when you click 'ok' on the User Agreement?
Thats what a lawsuit will decide
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:55   #21
fhaman

Well the reason I am gonna give up on PA now, is not cause I can't afford an extra $2-3 its the principle of the thing.

We all got screwed on r8, now they use a somewhat sneaky tactic to screw us a little more on r9 and r10.

IMO the prices for at least round 9 should be at the very least cut in half after us all getting screwed on r8.

I personally dont give a **** who owns PA. The simple fact is that PA is PA no matter who owns it we are still the customers and if were not respected and dealt with reasonably, why the hell would any of us want to stay and keep paying for getting leached upon.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:56   #22
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueArmy
Sim Tech do, Jolt hosts and admins it for em
right, thanks.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 18:57   #23
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Someone broke the price down all the way to cost-per-day and it came out to pocket change.

It's quite a reasonable price, considering you get boards/irc for free.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:04   #24
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Someone broke the price down all the way to cost-per-day and it came out to pocket change.

It's quite a reasonable price, considering you get boards/irc for free.
the price isnt the issue...... I agree that the game is well worth it. I think this is more of an accountability issue, the raising of te price and the utter lack of respect shown by hierarchy for the community, is what my issues is with.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:12   #25
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by fhaman
Well the reason I am gonna give up on PA now, is not cause I can't afford an extra $2-3 its the principle of the thing.

We all got screwed on r8, now they use a somewhat sneaky tactic to screw us a little more on r9 and r10.

IMO the prices for at least round 9 should be at the very least cut in half after us all getting screwed on r8.

I personally dont give a **** who owns PA. The simple fact is that PA is PA no matter who owns it we are still the customers and if were not respected and dealt with reasonably, why the hell would any of us want to stay and keep paying for getting leached upon.
hmm, and how exactly are they bein sneaky? You knew the prices were going to be about the same if not a little bit more due to that fact that no1 wants to buy a product and then lose money on it staright away
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:18   #26
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
the price isnt the issue...... I agree that the game is well worth it. I think this is more of an accountability issue, the raising of te price and the utter lack of respect shown by hierarchy for the community, is what my issues is with.
Well, we don't really have a community director to lobby for us anymore, and Spinner has his hands full with sorting the round + coding/sorting r10.

If anything, take it up with Jolt...though I can virtually guaratnee all your emails will go unanswered

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:20   #27
Fyodor
Behe

If anything, take it up with Jolt...though I can virtually guaratnee all your emails will go unanswered [/b][/quote]

its actually easier for me to just sue
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:23   #28
fhaman

their being sneaky by posting the price as $10 USD and 10 euro and mentioning at the bottom that they will be charging people who pay with credit cards (which is the most common way people pay) in POUNDS which will cost people more then shown in the tables which is what most people will only be looking at.

And if they dont want to lose money then they should lower the cost to attract more customers. The way they have done it they will lose even more cause the customers base is shrinking with every round due to the amounts they are charging.

Also no matter who owns it the game of PA owes its community for what happened last round. I dont exactly see paying more as a way that PA is making up for me and everyone else in the community getting screwed last round.

simple fact is make cost for example a $1 per account you get 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands of customers

make it $5 then $10 and now $12+ and every round they are losing 100's if not 1000's of customers.

And for those of ya that keep mentioning the price is not much I personally agree its chump change, but its the principle, they keep charging more and making the community smaller and in turn the game is less fun and harder to play well.

just my 2 cents I am sure I will be flamed more about this
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:31   #29
Thelxepeia
Goddess of Rock :)

Thelxepeia is an unknown quantity at this point
I think fhaman's point is that they list a price of 10 euros or $10 USD or 8 pounds. Those are not equivalent at the current exchange rate. It means that people that are using the payment centers are paying less than those using credit cards. So I pay $13 US for my account and someone else is only paying $10.

The pricing structure as posted doesn't make it clear that you pay a penalty if you use a credit card.
R4: 7:7:13 Thelxepeia of Oceansong (Total n00b)
R5: 33:3:1 Thelxepeia of Tsiboukia (Admiral of r3j3cts, Rock pe0n)
R6: 33:15:2 Thelxepeia of Tsiboukia (Rock Officer / Rock HC)
R7: 1:13:1 Nike of Olympus (Rock HC)
R8: 5:4:3 Goddess of All Things (Rock HC, OuZo pe0n)
R9: 18:2:1 Archangel Michael of Army of Heaven #1 Gal \o/ (Rock Admiral, OuZo Officer)
R9.5 35:6:10 Rock Pe0n again OuZo HC
R10 Retired!!!
Thelxepeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:34   #30
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
There is a big difference, your example describes the sale of an entire company, specifically including supply contracts with an established customer base.
No personal information about the players was included when PA was sold as an asset. The contracts we agree to are not standing contracts, they are only valid for one round - the length of which is not clearly defined.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:40   #31
AllThingsHell

AllThingsHell is an unknown quantity at this point
2 Pennies worth

Well ... this is the next spanner in the works ... no wonder it took a good while for the payment structure to come out ... someone must have thought long and hard about this one ... if you think on the cost of a credit card transaction there is no way that even with that it justifies the reason for paying silly prices .. who would have thought in this day 'n' age you would be 'punished' for using your credit card ... what next .!!! i mean $35 dollars to play 2 rounds and a speed game .. how many young players in the community can afford that ... i could go on and on .. but no point ..

Spike
AllThingsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:43   #32
Bladester

Bladester is an unknown quantity at this point
er.. hmm
yus indeed
R4: er
R5: er
R6: er
R7: er
R8: ****... CANT REMEMBER
Bladester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:45   #33
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
moaning twats.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:46   #34
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Quote:
Roflmao.
There is way too much guesswork here.

First of all, Fifth Season was never sold or taken over by anyone, Fifth Season exists today, allthough I have nothing to do with it anymore and the company is in debt up to their ears.
Fifth Season sold Planetarion to SimTech which is owned by Jolt.

So if you have a problem with Fifth Season, by all means, take it up with them. The Chairman there will surely help you

Secondly: "Whut, the prices were raised, wtf are they doing, the creators are irresponsible, they are trying to .... us, specially the USD price".
Seriously, wake up and smell the coffee. Its hardly ours or Jolts fault the US dollar is sinking due to certain trigger-happy presidents. Also, the fact that Fifth Season went into financial trouble should tell you that dropping prices is a dangerous thing to do. And we have seen before, that wether the price is 10 or 11 dollars, it really doesnt make any players leave or join due to that 1 dollar. The biggest limitation for people is not that 1 dollar, its the time needed to commit to this game.
And there are two ways to look at the prices ya know:
Your approach:
"Bah, look at thew convertion rates, they are trying to screw us all"
Another approach:
"Oh, look, I get a discount if I pay to my local european payment center!"

Its all about attitude and approach
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:46   #35
AllThingsHell

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
moaning twats.
nice
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:52   #36
AllThingsHell

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner

Another approach:

you have 3 centres ok so you wil get more good stuff ... all we wanna do is pay by credit card in our country of origin in that currency .. whats the harm in that !!

i don't know the ins and outs of how easy that would be but surely something along those lines ain't beyond you guys ...
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 20:04   #37
rc mayhem

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
Roflmao.
There is way too much guesswork here.

First of all, Fifth Season was never sold or taken over by anyone, Fifth Season exists today, allthough I have nothing to do with it anymore and the company is in debt up to their ears.
Fifth Season sold Planetarion to SimTech which is owned by Jolt.

So if you have a problem with Fifth Season, by all means, take it up with them. The Chairman there will surely help you

Secondly: "Whut, the prices were raised, wtf are they doing, the creators are irresponsible, they are trying to .... us, specially the USD price".
Seriously, wake up and smell the coffee. Its hardly ours or Jolts fault the US dollar is sinking due to certain trigger-happy presidents. Also, the fact that Fifth Season went into financial trouble should tell you that dropping prices is a dangerous thing to do. And we have seen before, that wether the price is 10 or 11 dollars, it really doesnt make any players leave or join due to that 1 dollar. The biggest limitation for people is not that 1 dollar, its the time needed to commit to this game.
And there are two ways to look at the prices ya know:
Your approach:
"Bah, look at thew convertion rates, they are trying to screw us all"
Another approach:

First thanks fo taking the time to reply. When i started this thread i did say that the price is low and so does not really matter to us players who have played this game before and love it. The thing is though that i know that i would not pay for a game that i hadnt even seen let alone play. How about having semi free accounts that let you play for a few weeks so that you get a feel for the game and then wont let you doing anything until you play? This will mean that ppl that went free because they dont have the skills to get over 3 mill may pay and it beefs up the universe a bit, giving you more hiding places.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 20:13   #38
XB.

XB. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hmmm that all depends if they buy the company or just its assets which all depends on the history and viability of the underlying company. Would you buy 5th Seasons assets ? Or would you prefer to take on any liabilities from the old company as well ?
XB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:08   #39
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
I really don't see what the big deal is. Who is paying more the British or the Americans? It said $10 USD on the chart and thats what I plan to play. I dont know the exchange rate off the top of my head (1.20?) but is 8 pounds > $10?
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:24   #40
fhaman

I gave the up to date conversion of all currencies up top

8 GPB is > then 10 USD and 10 Euro's
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:36   #41
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by krazor
I don't understand this. They double the price of round 8 (wich was 5 euro). this will prob cut away half the player base we had in round 8 (peeps who joined r8 because it was suppost to be last round, and peeps who think 10 euro is to expensive). To what use? When 5th Season sold PA, they told that it would prob never make any profit. Then why does Jolt double the price????
then if your on Dialup consider even more money used to check account, use Irc and get in an alliance etc.
Im personally not playing PA, as its going to be the same sh1t service as i got in r8 more than likely and they are only including R10 into the costs so they have extra money to play around with, You guys fooled Dom into buying PA, you gave him false stats of player bases that would never happen.
Cya around guys.

Real life is awaiting
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:47   #42
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Sincerley,
Tired
Thanks. I don't mind hearing some more 'stupid yank' jokes. Not everyone in the US, like me, find filing law suit for trivial purposes as enteraining as you do. Don't generalize and say all Americans are as moronic as you.

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:47   #43
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
hmm, and how exactly are they bein sneaky? You knew the prices were going to be about the same if not a little bit more due to that fact that no1 wants to buy a product and then lose money on it staright away
though they knew they would be attempting to maintain the all time low number of supporters of the product, who i might add are already very scheptical of the games future.. wouldnt be bad business sense to take a minor loss with a view to maintaining what is left for r10, the money spinner (i use that word none too confidently..) r9 should be a loss leader.. or whatever they call it.

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:58   #44
Cerebus
Trancer

Cerebus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Thelxepeia
I think fhaman's point is that they list a price of 10 euros or $10 USD or 8 pounds. Those are not equivalent at the current exchange rate. It means that people that are using the payment centers are paying less than those using credit cards. So I pay $13 US for my account and someone else is only paying $10.

The pricing structure as posted doesn't make it clear that you pay a penalty if you use a credit card.

big deal
$13 = 91 NOK 1 account = 100 NOK grrr lets sue them , all norwegians unite against the eval PA Team (lol)
Cerebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:03   #45
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
I don't often post on these boards, but now its time to spill my guts. I was told the prices would be lowered and was waiting in excitement to see what 10 accounts costs. See I said I'd buy 10 accounts, and by god I keep my word, but ****ing hell its gonna burn my pocket! Lower prices? Twats... i know that even i could make some fancy ass diagram displaying the ultimate cost of the game concerning amount of players contra price of accounts, but what the hell, that shouldn't be necessary! From the day I started playing I enjoyed it, until round 6/ or 8 (I cannot remember the day p2p began) but since then it has hardly been worth the money.
Maybe its time to find a worthy replacement to pa?
Imo both Dawn of myth and starsp*ere among others suck hairy yeti-****s and I wont play them, cuz nothing can fight with pa atm. I'd love to see pa going back into its old glory, but tbh I cannot forsee that anymore. Price is outrageous, and I bet my golden pube hairs that it wont be worth 10 bucks in any currency. I'll play, but this is the last time if nothing is done.
One night at the pub my arse...
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:06   #46
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

/me wounders what is spinner's, jolt and all others involved defenition of "Small fee" !!!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:18   #47
Tolin

I don't think their player base will drop that much by raising prices. The ones that are left are probably quite willing to pay the higher price. I'm sure there will be a small drop in players, but i'm also sure they are gonna make more money with the higher prices.

I just hope they have the FUTURE of planetarion in mind. If round 10 is gonna be the mother of all rounds (and it better be), they will still need a good playerbase to keep the game popular - because not only does each player they lose result in the loss of a player but also in a loss of players that would have played had there been more interest in the game or a higher player base. Losing one player now may result in losing 3 in the future (and they've already lost a number of players). How many potential players have been driven away already?

If they REALLY want rd 10 to be successful, I really think they need to either make rd 9 free or give it a free phase after a certain point in the round - or implement free accounts in some way. Stir up interest, then say that you are gonna make everything bigger and better - then charge the money. Increase the player base, increase future earnings. Increase cost now, increase earnings now and let future earnings slip away.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:57   #48
rc mayhem

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolin
I don't think their player base will drop that much by raising prices. The ones that are left are probably quite willing to pay the higher price. I'm sure there will be a small drop in players, but i'm also sure they are gonna make more money with the higher prices.

I just hope they have the FUTURE of planetarion in mind. If round 10 is gonna be the mother of all rounds (and it better be), they will still need a good playerbase to keep the game popular - because not only does each player they lose result in the loss of a player but also in a loss of players that would have played had there been more interest in the game or a higher player base. Losing one player now may result in losing 3 in the future (and they've already lost a number of players). How many potential players have been driven away already?

If they REALLY want rd 10 to be successful, I really think they need to either make rd 9 free or give it a free phase after a certain point in the round - or implement free accounts in some way. Stir up interest, then say that you are gonna make everything bigger and better - then charge the money. Increase the player base, increase future earnings. Increase cost now, increase earnings now and let future earnings slip away.
Having a free round was asked for ages ago when the game was been sold and I know some of the prospective buyers said they would do it but Jolt was not one of them.

As with the player base in r9 I have heard an awful lot of ppl saying that they are not going to play as they see it only as a copy of r8 and they want a rest before r10 and beyond as they are totaly different. From the amount of ppl i have been talking to i expect that the player base will be only 1000 to 2000 at a maxium. This would be drastic for both Jolt and the game.

Therefore there has to be some type of introductory or free accounts to encourage new players and to try to get the ppl currently not going to play to play.

Cm
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:05   #49
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Can't ppl get it into their heads that R9 isnt for getting a bigger community, but keeping those, that are already in the game entertained and not bored silly for the next few months, which many have been since r8 closed. R9 is just a filler until r10 comes out.

(start the flames)
Ultores
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:10   #50
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally posted by rc mayhem
. From the amount of ppl i have been talking to i expect that the player base will be only 1000 to 2000 at a maxium. This would be drastic for both Jolt and the game.

i would say it is more likely to be in the region of 4k
Ultores