User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:10   #1
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough
Best Alliance

Hi, ive been reading this forum and tbh, im a bit sick of reading about Exi, 1UP, etc. Yes they are great alliances im sure but there are many more out there, surely some deserve some discussion about them?

So:

Who in your opinion is the best up and coming alliance, either formed this round or out of the top 10, and what causes you to say this?

maybe people are so stuck in the rut of talking about whats old they arent aware of whats new and fresh within PA.

You all spend a lot of time whinging about the lack of player base, perhaps the way to do something about it is give some of these newer players some recognition?

Thanks for your input,

Furious

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet

Last edited by Furious; 5 Aug 2006 at 18:51.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:23   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best Alliance

Ascendancy. They struggled last round and finished last, but they're now up to 11 members and sitting 22nd. Congrats guys.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:24   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

we value finishing as the alliance with 0 score last round higher than winning in round 16.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:30   #4
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Ascendancy. They struggled last round and finished last, but they're now up to 11 members and sitting 22nd. Congrats guys.
Yeh ive noticed those fellas sitting close behind us. Very enviable average score compared to Insurrection, however im assuming their recruitment policy is very inflexible. Any Ascendancy around to big themselves up??

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:39   #5
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Only the strangest kind of recidivists play for Ascendancy. Let me assure you that there is nothing big or clever about recidivism.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:42   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

All I know is that my account is unpaid.

(and still Paisley and his friends fleetcatched me around pt 342)
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:45   #7
Furious
SpamBot

Not bad scores for unpaid accounts!!

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 18:46   #8
Exothermic

Exothermic will become famous soon enoughExothermic will become famous soon enough

Yeah, it would be nicer to hear about the other alliances occasionally, but the bigger alliances tend to be the more active ones therefore more is said about them. When an alliance is doing well, even a smaller alliance, things do get said. It's just that alot of alliances seem to just stay out of trouble, avoid getting into wars and are generally not very active.

But yeah, lets hear it for the smaller alliances out there
Got the full six pack but lacks the plastic thingy that holds it all together

Last edited by Exothermic; 5 Aug 2006 at 18:54.
Exothermic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:01   #9
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exothermic
Yeah, it would be nicer to hear about the other alliances occasionally, but the bigger alliances tend to be the more active ones therefore more is said about them. When an alliance is doing well, even a smaller alliance, things do get said. It's just that alot of alliances seem to just stay out of trouble, avoid getting into wars and are generally not very active.

But yeah, lets hear it for the smaller alliances out there
So what we've got is a vicious circle in that the active ones will talk about themselves whereas the inactive ones dont get a look-in and therefore no desire to become more active...ye?

Imagine if someone in this thread turns round and says something like "oh that alliance at #30 has some potential"... its that kind of recognition (should the HC of said alliance pick it up) that would encourage the newer members to push on and learn the game.

Lets face it, as it is PA will eventaully die.

ffs you even have a leaving post board!

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:25   #10
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I hear that Insurrection are a good laugh and Orbit too. When I was playing with alliances, I didnt care too much about the game [getting defence, going on attacks]. The community spirit [in my eyes] is far more enjoyable and you get more out of it.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:43   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
15 Orbit
16 Angels
17 Dark Warriors
18 Heroic
19 Insurrection
20 Myth
21 SPQR
22 Ascendancy
23 LCH
24 PATSA
25 Blade of Scythe
There is alot of interesting alliances around. I try to look down the ranking each round and find alot of interesting alliances. This round I've taken a love to Darkwarriors as they have a cool channel and some pretty fun people to hang around with. Heroic also needs mentioning. I think that Jt25 is one of the most promising hc's in a long time in PA and if he can get himself some more decent players and perhaps someone who is willing to help out in command maybe they can be on a fast track to greatness.

To comment a little bit on the various alliances down under.

Orbit is an alliance i've had alot of expirience with, both good and bad. Alot of their command have swapped around abit since they was formed due to a merge back in R14.

Angels is ofc the good old Angels, not playing active this round I gather, and hopefully they will get restored to former glory soon.

Dark Warriors, fun alliance with as i've said alot of cool bots and stuff happening on their channel. They atleast have the activity pegged.

Heroic, home of Jt25man and a promising alliance. Lacks the activity and the memberbase but are slowly getting better.

Insurrection, honestly dont know alot about theese guys, I'll try and idle there a while to see how they are etc, and maybe comment abit on it later.

Myth is an alliance trying to make its way into Planetarion. I dont know that much about it other than they have a very active channel and seems like a good bunch.

SPQR or Spartans as they are more or less calling themselves is a somewhat smallish alliance with good active command, but lacks the active members, they however have alot of american players, and if teamed up with some good euro's they might do well in the future.

Ascendancy, cant really say much about them that havent been said before.

LCH is an old alliance, who are still playing but only half active and for more the social part than anything else.

PATSA: Little is known about this scary alliance cept that they are called the Bermuda triangle of PA. Ships heading their way tend to mysteriously dissapear as if someone have just pressed delete on a button to remove them.

Blade of Scythe: Lurchleafs old Project, currently under new management I belive, and they seem to be a happy bunch, allthough not very active.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:50   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We would make up propaganda about Ascendancy's rivals, but we had a chat about it and thought it was too much effort.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 19:59   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

More seriously this time:

I've had good experiences with the HCs of Heroic, Dark Warriors and SPQR. I believe that all 3 have the potential to do even better - and that's not to say that the other alliances can't, I just don't know them very well.

I remember when SPQR first formed and I went to have a little chat to them about the name because of the obvious Legion connotations. I remember speaking to three of their command who all seemed very keen on learning how to improve and grow as an alliance. It's hard to keep tabs when you don't play or hang around on IRC anymore, but they seemed like good people making a real go of things.

There is a lot of potential down in the lower ranks that perhaps we don't hear so much about. Hopefully we'll hear about a few wars this round that will really thrust one of the top 15-25 alliances a whole lot higher.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:00   #14
Furious
SpamBot

Lots of names there i really dont recognise....

Ascendancy seem to be very popular though!

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:07   #15
Furious
SpamBot

Quote:
More seriously this time:

I've had good experiences with the HCs of Heroic, Dark Warriors and SPQR. I believe that all 3 have the potential to do even better - and that's not to say that the other alliances can't, I just don't know them very well.

I remember when SPQR first formed and I went to have a little chat to them about the name because of the obvious Legion connotations. I remember speaking to three of their command who all seemed very keen on learning how to improve and grow as an alliance. It's hard to keep tabs when you don't play or hang around on IRC anymore, but they seemed like good people making a real go of things.

There is a lot of potential down in the lower ranks that perhaps we don't hear so much about. Hopefully we'll hear about a few wars this round that will really thrust one of the top 15-25 alliances a whole lot higher.

So who's warring with who in the "Championship" these days?

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:16   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
One of the bigger and more problematic issue for the lower tier alliances is that they tend to buddypack up with pure alliance buddypacks. As in 5 of their own alliance. My advise is to either go random, or try teaming up your more active players with other alliances's players so u can get abit more spread on your members, being a low ranked alliance with 5 members in one galaxy can be a pain. My point to this comment is that the breakdown on sandmans tends to because of this to be abit faulty because of the fact that when you see huge losses in one of theese alliances its most often a 1-alliance buddypack getting hit.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:22   #17
furball

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea. You're in Insurrection, perhaps you know more than we do
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:26   #18
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
One of the bigger and more problematic issue for the lower tier alliances is that they tend to buddypack up with pure alliance buddypacks. As in 5 of their own alliance. My advise is to either go random, or try teaming up your more active players with other alliances's players so u can get abit more spread on your members, being a low ranked alliance with 5 members in one galaxy can be a pain. My point to this comment is that the breakdown on sandmans tends to because of this to be abit faulty because of the fact that when you see huge losses in one of theese alliances its most often a 1-alliance buddypack getting hit.
That's a good point Kargool, and one that I'd never really thought about.

Pure buddypacks are a big gamble for the best of alliances let alone the weaker ones. My suggestion would be to have all of your players to go random, since many alliances ranked 15-25 don't really carry enough weight to attract bigger alliances to their own buddypacks. An active random in an alliance will always be a valuable asset to a top galaxy.

Alternatively, good alliances to be friends with would be ones such as Howling Rain, Vengeance, Orbit, F-Crew, Tides of Fire and ROCK. These are good alliances that are open and friendly to active alliances that are low on members but high on activity and willingness to succeed.

Perhaps these alliances can each take an interest in one of the lower alliances - suggesting that potential recruits that they can't accept try the lower alliance, etc. This would be a good way to ensure that new players don't end up allianceless and eventually quit.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 20:32   #19
Furious
SpamBot

good call on the recruitment thingy! Like that a lot

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 21:49   #20
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
So what we've got is a vicious circle in that the active ones will talk about themselves whereas the inactive ones dont get a look-in and therefore no desire to become more active...ye?
It would be nice to hear more about competition lower down the ranks; at the top there are seemingly a lot more politics and, of course, wars. Top alliances are capable of bringing to bear insane amounts of firepower leading to spectacular effects.

Your thread is a great idea; I just hope that others will join in and perhaps we'll see a bit more public political activity so that people can see what's going on and get a bit more excited about PA again. After all, 1up vs eXi is getting a bit boring
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 00:17   #21
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
In my experiance its often the other way around. These alliances often dont have a core memberships base, struggle to keep the members away from the other alliances looking to pick up new members and have a high percentage free account. Not to mention alot of their current members are normally people picked up after the shuffle. As such they arent in a position for alliance only BP's being the norm. To me the issue your decribing is probally more of an issue for the alliances ranked above the ones you named where they have a good starting core and have alot of paid members or ways to get them paid

Quote:
Perhaps these alliances can each take an interest in one of the lower alliances - suggesting that potential recruits that they can't accept try the lower alliance, etc. This would be a good way to ensure that new players don't end up allianceless and eventually quit.
Its something that we have alwasy tried to do at F-Crew, certainly its not that uncommon to find me banging on alliances doors up and down the rankings trying to find someone a place. The problem however is often working out if an alliance is worth your recommendation. An alliance has to earn a recommendation as its the person making the recommendation's reputation thats somewhat on the line. I get atleast a couple of requests from new alliances every round to have all our surplus sent over to them but until its certain its not just a player blackhole that wont help them improve as players theres no way they can be included in our recommendations and being happy to recommend them isnt something that happens in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
It would be nice to hear more about competition lower down the ranks; at the top there are seemingly a lot more politics and, of course, wars. Top alliances are capable of bringing to bear insane amounts of firepower leading to spectacular effects.
I think your in the minority here. Whenever threads dealing with allinces outside the likes of 1up, Omen, Exil, ND or Angels theres a habit for the people connected to these alliances to attack the poster off the forums (both via attacks on the thread or via the rep feature which us regulars would probally just ignore and keep posting but which new posters often find intmidating) or
drag the topic onto them. The sad thing is that these thread probally appeal to more of the playerbase than alot of the topics dealt with here but this part of the playerbase simply gets pushed away (I cant even get most of F-Crew to come on these forums to read them as most topics arent relivent to them let alone post)

Quote:
Who in your opinion is the best up and coming alliance, either formed this round or out of the top 10, and what causes you to say this?
Pretty much every alliance inside the top15 is established so for your question you really have to do what Kargool did and just focus outside that. The only alliance thats higher than 15th and you maybe wouldnt expect is HA whom are probally punching above their weight but even then you would still epext them at 14 or greater.

Personally I like making contact with a number members in each of the newer alliance or thoses who should be open to new player and I have such contacts in alliances from Rock to BoS (Dont worry I never get intel from them, all I ever ask them are things like what issues are the alliance having game wise and if they are a good place to send new players to) and from this feedback Heroic seem to be the best of those 15th and below on a members approval front.

Jt25man seems to be the main person behind this and certainly his forum activity seems to backup the good things the praise of the members. They arent without concerns though, a common theme in all these alliances is command problems.

Most of them have one realy commited person who has atleast a little commanding skill but the rest of the command arent up to anywhere near that level. I'd assume that its the same reason F-Crew traditionally struggled with this and thats the simple fact that the good players whom would become your command are easirly encouraged to go elsewhere rather than sticking around and helping build something so building up that command team is a slow process and often causes the main person to burn out before its completed. Hopefully few of them hold onto a good number of command potential members next round so they are in a real position to take step forward next round. And if your reading this and are in such an alliance but are thinking of jumping ship. stick it out and help build something. Its more rewarding and no matter what other alliances tell you good and active players are always in demand and if it doesnt work out down the line theres always spaces in top alliances for you so dont feel presured.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 00:47   #22
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

For a long time i though that BIG was an up and comming alliance, they did exceptionally good in the rounds they played but then kinda collapsed.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 01:39   #23
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
For a long time i though that BIG was an up and comming alliance, they did exceptionally good in the rounds they played but then kinda collapsed.
Its pretty common for that to happen. Unless the hc whos the driving force in the alliance is stubborn and/or has a really strong attachment or belief in what they are doing then it seems that an alliance has around 2 or 3 rounds to start making a noticable impact. If it doesnt then people seem to start questioning why they are bothering and either go off to spend their PA time doing more rewarding stuff like having a rl or take the easy life as a member of a top alliance where they dont have to really go beyond the call of duty

Some of this is no doubt the fault of all the HC's of the alliances whom have made some kind of mark and do keep coming back. From the outside it can look pretty easy and many people just dont understand what a hard slog it is even if you bring a core of players into the round with you, let alone if you dont which is the case for alot of these newer alliances. Its just a shame that as a community we havent been able to really agree on a way to make it a little bit eaiser for them, obviously im not talking about making it so any tom, dick or harry can create an alliance that wins the round but just that little bit less time consuming, difficult and stressful. This can easierly overload people like Jt25man and give the alliances run by these assets to the community little more than a couple of rounds of life
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 6 Aug 2006 at 01:55.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 03:09   #24
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think that Jt25 is one of the most promising hc's in a long time in PA and if he can get himself some more decent players and perhaps someone who is willing to help out in command maybe they can be on a fast track to greatness.

Heroic, home of Jt25man and a promising alliance. Lacks the activity and the memberbase but are slowly getting better.
Somehow I just found myself reading this thread the first time today, but I appreciate the comments. It's nice to know at least someone thinks you're doing a good job.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 07:26   #25
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

The problems we had with going to war as a 'lower' (or as wakey* would say 'inferior') alliance, is intel. Sure heroic wanna smack seven shades of the proverbial out of Insurrection, but on begging a couple of co-ords out of a m8 in 'higher' (or as wakey* would say 'elitist') alliance, you find that through the cunning use of news scans, that to your dismay, all their planets that defend are tiny and hardly worth hitting or they are really big in top 10 gals and soak up all the def never sending out.

Now our war with Rock back in the day was uber good fun, but then the game gets less good fun as the rounds progress...

* Go ahead and neg rep me again, I dares yer

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired

Last edited by -=Zyth=-; 6 Aug 2006 at 07:37.
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 10:33   #26
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
The problems we had with going to war as a 'lower' (or as wakey* would say 'inferior') alliance, is intel. Sure heroic wanna smack seven shades of the proverbial out of Insurrection, but on begging a couple of co-ords out of a m8 in 'higher' (or as wakey* would say 'elitist') alliance, you find that through the cunning use of news scans, that to your dismay, all their planets that defend are tiny and hardly worth hitting or they are really big in top 10 gals and soak up all the def never sending out.

Now our war with Rock back in the day was uber good fun, but then the game gets less good fun as the rounds progress...

* Go ahead and neg rep me again, I dares yer
Find me ONE post where i've refered to the alliances in this game as inferior. I would be highly suprised if you could. So if your going to try and bad mouth me either get your facts right or stfu.

On the intel thing, do you really think that two alliances in the first stages of starting their alliance should be having a war. They are after al trying to build a core and a surefire way of driving people away is to get them bashed which is something that could happen in a war. The only sure fire way of it being good for an alliance in their situation is to take on someone your sure to beat and imho thats bad as your just going to remove anither potentially good alliance from the game.

A Wars something they should be considering when they get their solid core and not before imho.

Also a lack of intel can be a good thing for these alliances. Smaller, less experianced and new members are especially prone to intimadation. They are the ones the most likly to be scared off from attacking by seeing the targets a top10 alliance member but having a shroud of secrecy over them can work in their favour as they treat all players the same and if a planets in their range they arent scared of attacking it.

This intimidation can also effect the bc and hc of an alliance. A number of the ones ive helped in the past have got their basic intel and have it freely available to their command. When choosing a target to it it ends up going something like this "too many 1up next, too many nd next, too many omen next" which continues till they get to some galaxy ranked 80-90 whos planets are all well below their optimum level.Its one of the reasons at F-Crew we have over the lst 5 rounds kept intel secret on purpose, pretty much just myself and another hc have access and this other hc is never one in charge of military. Everyone hence goes attacking on merit and not on reputation
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 10:54   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey

Also a lack of intel can be a good thing for these alliances. Smaller, less experianced and new members are especially prone to intimadation. They are the ones the most likly to be scared off from attacking by seeing the targets a top10 alliance member but having a shroud of secrecy over them can work in their favour as they treat all players the same and if a planets in their range they arent scared of attacking it.

This intimidation can also effect the bc and hc of an alliance. A number of the ones ive helped in the past have got their basic intel and have it freely available to their command. When choosing a target to it it ends up going something like this "too many 1up next, too many nd next, too many omen next" which continues till they get to some galaxy ranked 80-90 whos planets are all well below their optimum level.Its one of the reasons at F-Crew we have over the lst 5 rounds kept intel secret on purpose, pretty much just myself and another hc have access and this other hc is never one in charge of military. Everyone hence goes attacking on merit and not on reputation
While I agree with some of the things you are saying, its also a given fact that if you hit a galaxy with alot of top alliance members most of the time the galaxy is good organised and their alliances also sends defence.

It is ofc maybe something that people shouldnt fear, but the roidoutput in theese cases tends to be lower due to that fact.

Now IF you want to attack a galaxy with lots of active top 5 alliance members, the WORST thing you can do is to prelaunch fleets.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 12:58   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Now IF you want to attack a galaxy with lots of active top 5 alliance members, the WORST thing you can do is to prelaunch fleets.
Not necessarily true. It all depends on what tactics you are employing, innit.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 13:37   #29
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Personally i'd like to big up SiN, while not contenders for the top spot this round i think they have a good chance to be in the future. Definately most improved ally over last 2 rounds and would certainly consider them as a place for myself in the future. Seem to have a dedicated core and solid memberbase, prehaps needs afew good recruits next round an they'll be set for the t5!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:11   #30
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

The 2 alliances that i think i would respect for this thread would Be Escape for of course this being there first offical round. And they are ranked 9th. A great community all round.

And i think the second if the alliance that i have saw grow reputation over many rounds and they suprise me every round and that would be TOF. There now a major play alliance i feel and they have impressed me with every round they have played.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:14   #31
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And again, a thread which loses its original focus and gets turned into something about the top 10 alliances...
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:33   #32
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
And again, a thread which loses its original focus and gets turned into something about the top 10 alliances...
The reason why I didn't really read this thread until last night.

Looking at the rankings page, I'd say Insurrection seems to be doing real well, they've started jockeying with Heroic for the 18th rank the last day or so relying more on number of members than average score, but still doing real well. I may not be correct, but I think they only showed up last round themselves, and are doing really good as one of the newer alliances.

It seems looking at a lot of the mid-ground Alliances this round they're relying more on numbers because participation this round seems to be less than previous rounds. It could be summer lull, but the number of people in the top 30 alliances is significantly fewer than last round.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:24   #33
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
The reason why I didn't really read this thread until last night.
was because it was made last night...!?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:22   #34
WreCkeRer

WreCkeRer can only hope to improve

Myth is a very gd alliance..im a new player in pa and these gyus r great....great community

myth \o/

i think we can do even better than top20
WreCkeRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:30   #35
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
All I know is that my account is unpaid.

(and still Paisley and his friends fleetcatched me around pt 342)
Would you like a shoulder to cry on...
I hear that #planetarion have a rape crisis centre.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:32   #36
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I would have to say 2 allys that I would class best alliance in terms exceeding their potental are...

ToF and Omen.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:34   #37
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
On the intel thing, do you really think that two alliances in the first stages of starting their alliance should be having a war. They are after al trying to build a core and a surefire way of driving people away is to get them bashed which is something that could happen in a war. The only sure fire way of it being good for an alliance in their situation is to take on someone your sure to beat and imho thats bad as your just going to remove anither potentially good alliance from the game.

A Wars something they should be considering when they get their solid core and not before imho.
Wars, conflicts, the like... shouldn't really be all that much of a problem; whereas if a new alliance goes up against eXilition (ignoring bash limits here), they are going to get ripped apart, however, if they go at someone of approximately their own ability, they are unlikely to be smashed...

I remeber the ND-HR rivalry with fondness, from back when I was a member and ND were struggling to be t10... there was some good natured flaming from each sides, some nice propaganda etc. So long as members know what's going on, see comparitively big enemy planets going down, roids swapping hands etc then it can make PA interesting.

At that point in time, I paid little attention to PA, I was merely a member, and ND were nowhere near a 'big' name. However, I found it was very interesting and made PA more exciting, and it encouraged me to DC, and later to take a more active role in affairs.

Unfortunately, it requires a little bit of effort on the part of the alliances involved; willingness to swap coords, someone to do the propaganda for each side etc.

Last edited by Gate; 6 Aug 2006 at 16:44.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 17:58   #38
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
First of all the thread is about new and upcoming alliances. Doesnt state they have to be out of top 10. So, Escape is a new alliance as this is there first offical round. I take it just becuase they made the top 10 that doesnt count to be recognised?

Tof also were once a few rounds back a new and upcoming alliance, hence why i have also mentioned them as they have overcome a lot of odds to be where they are today.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:09   #39
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Idd, the ND-HR battles were great weren't they Gate !

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:15   #40
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
*cough*Put £50 on Birmingham to win the Championship so heres touching wood!*cough*
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:22   #41
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
Idd, the ND-HR battles were great weren't they Gate !
it was through the ND/HR wars that i met Gate. Spamming up the ND def bot for people to talk to while on shift was fun

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:43   #42
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Is it just me, or are we missing zz-crew and Reunion this round?!
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 08:43   #43
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

I know subh arent new but there 2nd at the moment, last couple of rounds they have been dropping in score but this round they havedone amazingly

/me bigs up subh

Also dark Warriors have been gaining higher and hiher final rankings every round, those guys are doing well and gl to them

in fact gl luck to every alliance including and excluding the usual suspects

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:07   #44
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
First of all the thread is about new and upcoming alliances. Doesnt state they have to be out of top 10. So, Escape is a new alliance as this is there first offical round. I take it just becuase they made the top 10 that doesnt count to be recognised?

Tof also were once a few rounds back a new and upcoming alliance, hence why i have also mentioned them as they have overcome a lot of odds to be where they are today.
What exactly were you doing all your time while you were in PAteam as it certainly wasnt paying attention to the game. ToF have been in this game since R11 and as such are one of the longer running alliances in this game, as such they were an ne and upcoming alliance back in r11 and r12 but by now are an established alliance.

Also in their time they have consistantly been top10 alliance, its was only at the very end of r16 where the internal issues snatched the position away and then r17 where they were sorting out r16's issues where they havent been t10.

As for Escape, while they are new this thread (atleast to me) is a place to discuss the less appealing alliances. Now no matter how much those in Escape liked to make out at the start that they were a new alliance that wouldnt do much anyone with half a brain knew that that was simply a pr spin. They are an alliance that was basically born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Virall may not be the kind of draw that Sid is so Escape were never going to really challenge for the win this round but hes enough of a draw to attract a very good core that is t10 material with no problem.

Now lets stop throwing names like ToF, Subh, SiN and Escape and focus on the alliances that this thread was intended for. If you want to start stroking the ego's of the usual suspects theres plenty of threads you can do this on which are more suitable.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:17   #45
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

in that case wakey two alliances which i like visiting darkwarriors and orbit, i know orbit have been around for a while but i think that they might have established a core memberbase now and should be pushing for higher place finishes.

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:26   #46
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I wouldn't say struggled, I found it quite easy to come last!
SPOT THE TONGUE IN THE MOFOING CHEEK ****TARD.

(thanks)
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:54   #47
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What exactly were you doing all your time while you were in PAteam as it certainly wasnt paying attention to the game. ToF have been in this game since R11 and as such are one of the longer running alliances in this game, as such they were an ne and upcoming alliance back in r11 and r12 but by now are an established alliance.
Hay I dunno about you guys but I think F-Crew are a great up-and-coming alliance I mean they've only been around for one or two rounds haven't they well if they haven't then I never noticed them!
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 02:26   #48
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I am mostly disapointed with those alliances that have been around for several rounds and have not been able to inspire a loyal core.

I am very disapointed that eXi are winning yet again after leeching many of said core players from top 10 alliances.

I am vastly disapointed with those alliances who would accept back those players who have dropped them and defected into the bosom of eXi, so they might be able to challenge 1up next round (only to fail miserably)...Am I mixing tenses there? Personally I would think that once an eXi tart, never a friend, they have a singular aim in mind, personal gratification, singluar never plural.

I am happily impressed with SiN's performance despite our policy of not tollerating any, a) def leaches, b) non contributers, c) rule breakers, and we are still in the top 10! Who said loyalty and fair play never paid off?

I was impressed with the performance of Escape, untill ofc they did a phraktos.

Sub

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired

Last edited by -=Zyth=-; 8 Aug 2006 at 02:35.
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 07:50   #49
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Hay I dunno about you guys but I think F-Crew are a great up-and-coming alliance I mean they've only been around for one or two rounds haven't they well if they haven't then I never noticed them!

F-Crew have been around alot longer than ToF, guess you havnt been looking hard enough
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 07:58   #50
Assassin
PA Ancient

lol Tomkat. Well Wakey it was nice of you to come on and of course try and make me look like an idiot. I wont go into what i did while being in PA Team, as to be honest cant understand why you made a statement like that in a post, in a thread with of course no relevence. But then again i wouldnt expect any different from the great wakey.

Reason why i mentioned Tof was again becuase if you bothered to read my posts they have impressed me greatly. For example. If you looked at say Blade of Scythe, or Heroic. They have bin around a few rounds now, and i of course have a lot of respect for alliances that keep going at the game. I am using those as examples to show you that in the time ToF for example have bin around there now as you put it 'well established alliance' where others are taking a little longer to materialize. That is why i have respect for them. Becuase they fought hard and have earned there right to now be a top contender. Sorry you failed to understand my post. But ill leave it be.

p3nguin Founder