User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:04   #151
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: bad rep/good rep.. what s the points and why no comments when issued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
I think it is better to do something that is effective rather than to do something that is ineffective. Maybe that is just me being an ignorant American.
Doing nothing is just a little bit ineffective wouldnt you say?
removing CO2 is all well and good, but ultimately pointless if you are still pumping out more then you take out again.
Removing it in combination with cutting the amount spewed into the atmosphere is a better plan.
things like kyoto alone wont fix things, but they do form a base upon which to build future plans and treaties to go even further

Global climate engineering is a dangerous plan since not enough is known about how the system works and how it would react to things like blocking some of the sunlight. If we had a perfect understanding of it, we would have hyper-accurate weather forecasts capable of telling you to the second when it will start raining where you are for instance.
fact is, we dont.

Quote:
Yes, The United States still does about half the embryonic stem cell research in the world. The Europeans want the United States to do 90 percent, that's why they complain so much about Bush.
I havent seen anything that would indicate that, infact logic would suggest that europeans would be HAPPY that the states is falling behind since they get more time to work things out, gain prestige / patents / money for coming up with the breakthroughs before anyone in the US.
Bush forcing his religious morals onto areas of scientific research in the states that he doesnt like is a good thing for the rest of the world, Its a bad thing for the US alone
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:06   #152
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
1. I have no idea but it's his party that actively campaigns the most against stem cell research in the US.
2. No idea, but does that my ignorance mean i've been misinformed by the european media?
1. No, It's not against stem cell research, it's against embryonic stem cell research.
2.Yes. They have lied to you.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:09   #153
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

not knowing is not the same as having been lied to
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:25   #154
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Doing nothing is just a little bit ineffective wouldnt you say?
removing CO2 is all well and good, but ultimately pointless if you are still pumping out more then you take out again.
Removing it in combination with cutting the amount spewed into the atmosphere is a better plan.
things like kyoto alone wont fix things, but they do form a base upon which to build future plans and treaties to go even further

Global climate engineering is a dangerous plan since not enough is known about how the system works and how it would react to things like blocking some of the sunlight. If we had a perfect understanding of it, we would have hyper-accurate weather forecasts capable of telling you to the second when it will start raining where you are for instance.
fact is, we dont.

I havent seen anything that would indicate that, infact logic would suggest that europeans would be HAPPY that the states is falling behind since they get more time to work things out, gain prestige / patents / money for coming up with the breakthroughs before anyone in the US.
Bush forcing his religious morals onto areas of scientific research in the states that he doesnt like is a good thing for the rest of the world, Its a bad thing for the US alone
But oddly enough, Kyoto wants to do something. Whereas it has done nothing. The United States is closer to meeting the Kyoto Protocols than is Spain. But Spain signed it and the United States did not.

It amazes me that we don't understand how the climate works, but we can be sure that the sea level will rise 7 meters in 100 years.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:26   #155
Phil^
Insomniac

calculating how much water is in ice is not terribly hard. Knowing that the ice will melt because the temperature goes up isnt either
its a simple linear progression from measurements taken today and the rate of temperature increase. From that you extrapolate how much ice will melt over 100 years and work out how much water that is. Add that to the water calculated to be in the oceans and you can find out what the height will be, simple
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 20:36   #156
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Questions are fun!

Answers aren't
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 21:14   #157
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hardtalk has done a few episodes on climate change and I think the BBC is streaming them all.

I'm not sure as at least now doesn't work but then again I'm using Windows 98.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 21:22   #158
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Except for the Norwegians and DDA, you all hate your country.
That's patently not true.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 21:28   #159
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The difference between me and the rest of the posters in this community is that I love my country. Except for the Norwegians and DDA, you all hate your country.
Yahwe loves his country.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 21:29   #160
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, sod it. Texan is a terribly poor troll, I'm not even going to give him the satisfaction of wasting the time I spent typing this post.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 12 Apr 2007 at 21:42.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 21:58   #161
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1. No, It's not against stem cell research, it's against embryonic stem cell research.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
2.Yes. They have lied to you.
A pretty bad troll but:

Where have they lied exactly. If you say 'everywhere' I'm just going to use my ban tools and do it myself. I want specific ****ing examples of the European media lying and proof that they were.

Cos if I'm told nothing, how the **** have I been lied to if there's no lie to tell me one way way or the other as to what % of research is carried out in the US.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 22:00   #162
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd like to see where Texan gets his 50% figure from as I highly doubt it's even remotely close to that.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 22:16   #163
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
But oddly enough, Kyoto wants to do something. Whereas it has done nothing. The United States is closer to meeting the Kyoto Protocols than is Spain. But Spain signed it and the United States did not.
Just because the United States didn't ratify the Kyoto Treaty doesn't mean it hasn't had any influence on the country. A number of US states have introduced targets on reducing carbon emissions which are pretty reminiscent of what Kyoto is trying to achieve. Most notably California but some of the northern States as well.

If there hadn't been so much publicity about the Kyoto Treaty then it's possible that this wouldn't be happening in the US. Even George W. has pumped money into researching alternative fuel sources, perhaps as an alternative to signing the treaty. So I don't really think you can say that the Kyoto Treaty has done nothing.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 22:38   #164
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate my country.

I didn't realise I liked it until I came to Spain though. Home is home after all.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 23:51   #165
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
calculating how much water is in ice is not terribly hard. Knowing that the ice will melt because the temperature goes up isnt either
its a simple linear progression from measurements taken today and the rate of temperature increase. From that you extrapolate how much ice will melt over 100 years and work out how much water that is. Add that to the water calculated to be in the oceans and you can find out what the height will be, simple
Actually the main cause of sea level rise due to global warming is thermal expansion of water.
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 23:53   #166
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Even George W. has pumped money into researching alternative fuel sources, perhaps as an alternative to signing the treaty.
Shame he's looking at biofuels instead of something that would actually be useful in the short and or long term.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 06:00   #167
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The thing is here, that the less informed posters on here, or even if you like the less intelligent posters, know there place. Texan haven't been in that evolution where people know when to speak and know when to recognize that they're discussing with a better informed being who knows a lot more about the subject and it's context. Even so he didn't witness the evolution of the way of discussing here, over here you do fall through the floor you are shitting self made statistics and badly tought out points of views. Because he isn't a regular he just doesn't recognize the signs and differences of being incorrect even when it would be written out on his forehead and being trolled for the sake of being a badly, single sided informed moron.

This will never settle in a way that will satisfy all parties.

So I say, to not waste time for anyone, just ban the ****.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 13:18   #168
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not a Republican. I am economically right and socially left.
I didn't say you were a Republican. I was merely pointing out that if you consider everyone here who is respected as a poster to be of the same political or ideological bent you're not exactly getting it.

Quote:
I think many of you are trolls based on what I see in my profile. You just troll privately instead of publicly.
That's nonsensical, the whole point of trolling is that it's public.

Quote:
I copy articles that I want people to discuss. I do not necessarily agree with all that I post. I like to see the input from this forum before I discuss the subject. Posting a news article is not trolling. It's just posting a news article. I often see posts whithout more than a line or two about what is being posted. What's the difference? One is a defense of the United States and the other is a song, a youtube link or a link about how ****ed up the Tories are.
Firstly the problem with you was your unwillingness to then get drawn into a further discussion. This happened multiple times. Secondly trolling is posting an inflammatory message in order to provoke angry responses from where-ever you're trolling, which you do quite adequately. Thirdly you were not otherwise involved in the community. Also certain issues require more than a few explanatory lines, youtube links do not fall into this category.

Quote:
The difference between me and the rest of the posters in this community is that I love my country. Except for the Norwegians and DDA, you all hate your country.
What? This is just untrue. I doubt even a simple majority of people hate their own country here never mind all of them bar dda and the norwegians.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I also think your countries suck, I just think that you do not accept me because I think my country is better than yours, and you think my country sucks more than yours.
You are incorrect sir. First of all I try to avoid mindless categorisations like "sucking". Largely these things are very subjective. The fact you concern yourself with ideas like "what country sucks more" is more in line with the reason you aren't accepted on here. You also make massive ungrounded generalisations. Plus you're incredibly insulting and defensive even towards posters who are trying to discuss something quite civilly with you.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 13:54   #169
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While Texan seems to be talking a lot of tripe, at least he IS passionate about something. Too many of us meander along in life, apathetic about everything we encounter. While he might be wrong and argumentative, at least he believes what he's saying.

...what? I'm an optimist. I'm trying to salvage something from this claptrap he's spouting!
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 13:59   #170
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread got all fagged up when the centre of attention went from being moi et yahwe to texan.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 14:00   #171
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fagged up going away from yahwe

are you sure.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 14:04   #172
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
This thread got all fagged up when the centre of attention went from being moi et yahwe to texan.
I swear if I see that shit fake quote of me in your signature again I'm going to hunt you down, kill you and violate your corpse with a treetrunk.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 14:15   #173
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't a fake quote, you actually said it.

Quoted for truth and prosperity.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 14:20   #174
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
It wasn't a fake quote, you actually said it.

Quoted for truth and prosperity.
No, I said "it". I can remember it quite clearly because you instantly changed it and added it to your signature and I called you shit for it then and it's now just painful to read.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 15:25   #175
Tomkat

Hey Gimmick I pos-repped you and took off the 90 gazillion neg-points you had
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 15:34   #176
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Hey Gimmick I pos-repped you and took off the 90 gazillion neg-points you had
You where not the only one.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 15:55   #177
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Wait, you people still use rep? I feel left out now
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 18:13   #178
Tomkat

Maybe you could send your Secret Santa present to me now, Snurx?
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 19:04   #179
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
While Texan seems to be talking a lot of tripe, at least he IS passionate about something. Too many of us meander along in life, apathetic about everything we encounter. While he might be wrong and argumentative, at least he believes what he's saying.

...what? I'm an optimist. I'm trying to salvage something from this claptrap he's spouting!
Thanks for "praise," Tomkat.

Tripe is sheeps guts, right? OK, a lot of my stuff is sheep guts. It's true that sometimes I quote figures like 50 percent of embyonic stem cell research is done by the United States, even though I do not have a good source. I did read it somewhere, and the number is probably not wrong by more than double or triple. So somewhere between 17 percent and 50 pecent is probably accurate.

I am passionate about what I believe, though I believe you guys are also passionate about what you believe. Therein lies the problem.

I might be wrong about what I believe, but posters on this forum are so often inaccurate in their statements that I appear to be a pedant.

There is a diference between adult stem cell research and embryonic stem cell research.

Out of time for now. Will be back later to make you all suffer even more than you are now suffering.

Last edited by Texan; 13 Apr 2007 at 20:08.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 19:07   #180
JonnyBGood
Banned

One should never hold beliefs too firmly or those beliefs end up holding you!
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 19:36   #181
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In Soviet Russia
Belief hold you

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 20:22   #182
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You are incorrect sir. First of all I try to avoid mindless categorisations like "sucking". Largely these things are very subjective. The fact you concern yourself with ideas like "what country sucks more" is more in line with the reason you aren't accepted on here. You also make massive ungrounded generalisations. Plus you're incredibly insulting and defensive even towards posters who are trying to discuss something quite civilly with you.
When I said you, I meant GD posters, not you specifcally and not actually you at all. You seem to be fairly fair compared to many on this forum, historically.

I recognize that you do not look at countries and say "they suck." Some in this forum do. Not very factually. Just emotionally.

I do make massive ungrounded generalistations. I do that because that seems to be the SOP for these forums, for example someone saying that I outlawed stem cell research in the United States. I did not. Nor did anyone else.

You may be taking my posts too personally. Sometimes I am addressing the GD posters as a whole, sometimes I am addressing Europeans, EU citizens or Norwegians and other times I might be addressing you personally, JBG.

Last edited by Texan; 13 Apr 2007 at 20:32.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 20:34   #183
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Texan, would it help if we had some kind of form for people to fill in, so they can send it to you, then, you could put a footnote to your posts saying 'Not Applicable to all signees to Form PA000156 Part (a)

Maybe our form could have the format:

Dear _____________

I would like to you know that I, the undersigned, do not, have not and do not intend at any time on the future, to be considered part of the Planetarion General Discussions (hereafter to be referred to as PAGD)'whole' and would, instead, prefer not to be included in your generalisations of how the posting clientele of PAGD behaves, acts, posts or has behaved, acted or posted in the past or will behave, act or post in the future.

Thankyou
Signed

We can add extra portions to this form as necessary to cover

'I'm not a spasticated retard, thanks'
'Please don't call me a faggot'
'I do/do not think your country sucks'
'George Bush is/is a ****ing idiot'

Will that help?

Unread 13 Apr 2007, 20:56   #184
Texan
Prince of Amber

DM,
It is generous of you to ask, but no. Thanks anyway.

If you think George Bush is an idiot even though he has a higher IQ, a better education, and a higher level of social status than you, but also has some undiagnosed speech impediment, I think a form will not help us much.

You should not really object to being called a faggot. Is faggot a negative term in England or Scotland or wherever the hell you are from?

Hugs and kisses,
Texan
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:00   #185
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You should not really object to being called a faggot. Is faggot a negative term in England or Scotland or wherever the hell you are from?
It's a positive thing where you're from?

Last edited by furball; 13 Apr 2007 at 21:13.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:08   #186
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Dead_Meat was from the US last time I checked
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:11   #187
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
It's a positive thing where you're from?
I'm not sure, because I have not been where I come from for a long time.

Where I am now, it just does not matter.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:12   #188
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
DM,
It is generous of you to ask, but no. Thanks anyway.

If you think George Bush is an idiot even though he has a higher IQ, a better education, and a higher level of social status than you, but also has some undiagnosed speech impediment, I think a form will not help us much.

Hugs and kisses,
Texan
I thank God and the USA for bailing us Brits out and winning WWII so I can have an opinion, that opinion is currently that George Bush is an idiot.

Now, if tomorrow he comes on live TV and is able to pull live chickens from his anus, I'll call him a talented idiot, but the beautiful thing that is democracy (THANKYOU USA AGAIN) and Internet free speech (THANKYOU AL GORE) allows me to believe that whether he's the President of the USA, the Royal Society, an Alumni from Harvard and/or the next King of England, I still think he's an idiot for the plain and simple reason that it's trendy.

Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:14   #189
Texan
Prince of Amber

Cool, DM. I'm also not impressed by my commander in chief.

I think Tony Blair is the cat's meow.

Last edited by Texan; 13 Apr 2007 at 21:21.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:14   #190
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Dead_Meat was from the US last time I checked
Last time you checked was obviously not the right time.

I live and work in the US, intend to get a Green Card so I can carry on living and working here, but have no intention whatsoever of becoming American.

Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:15   #191
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not sure, because I have not been where I come from for a long time.

Where I am now, it just does not matter.
Since your internet 'name' is Texan, I'm going to take an almighty leap and guess that you're from Texas. I'm pretty certain that in Texas, or anywhere in your region of America, faggot is an offensive term. The same applies to here.

That, of course, doesn't mean that Cm isn't a whiny ****.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:18   #192
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Last time you checked was obviously not the right time.

I live and work in the US, intend to get a Green Card so I can carry on living and working here, but have no intention whatsoever of becoming American.
Quick Texan, he's an illegal alien*, shoot him!

*may or may not be true, but why take the chance?**
**isn't that the motto for American domestic and foreign policy?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:28   #193
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
When I said you, I meant GD posters, not you specifcally and not actually you at all. You seem to be fairly fair compared to many on this forum, historically.

I recognize that you do not look at countries and say "they suck." Some in this forum do. Not very factually. Just emotionally.
I'm interested as to who you are talking about here.

Quote:
I do make massive ungrounded generalistations. I do that because that seems to be the SOP for these forums, for example someone saying that I outlawed stem cell research in the United States. I did not. Nor did anyone else.
Stooping to someone else's level isn't very good.

Quote:
You may be taking my posts too personally. Sometimes I am addressing the GD posters as a whole, sometimes I am addressing Europeans, EU citizens or Norwegians and other times I might be addressing you personally, JBG.
You should make this clearer then.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:33   #194
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Since your internet 'name' is Texan, I'm going to take an almighty leap and guess that you're from Texas. I'm pretty certain that in Texas, or anywhere in your region of America, faggot is an offensive term. The same applies to here.
That, of course, doesn't mean that Cm isn't a whiny ****.
I don't use the term faggot when I'm at home. Only here where there are no holds barred. Does the term offend you?
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:35   #195
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

howdy texan.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:37   #196
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Quick Texan, he's an illegal alien*, shoot him!

*may or may not be true, but why take the chance?**
**isn't that the motto for American domestic and foreign policy?
I'm not opposed to immigration from other countries. I don't own a firearm. I am 5k kilometers away from the United States.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:40   #197
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
1. I'm interested as to who you are talking about here.

2.Stooping to someone else's level isn't very good.

3.You should make this clearer then.
1. In this case I mean you.

2. Survival, baby.

3.I try, but I think I am clearer than most people on this forum.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:42   #198
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
howdy texan.
Hey Koen,
How goes things in the NL? Not under water yet?
Texan
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:44   #199
All Systems Go

Quote:
I'm not opposed to immigration from other countries. I don't own a firearm. I am 5k kilometers away from the United States.
When I said you, I meant real Texans, not you specifcally and not actually you at all.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:46   #200
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
1. In this case I mean you.

2. Survival, baby.

3.I try, but I think I am clearer than most people on this forum.
I meant who are you referring to when you say "GD posters". I can't see how being incoherent and unreasonable improves your chances of survival. And that's not much of an excuse.