User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2008, 18:44   #1
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of
Round 25 MH Announcement

I will make this short and sweet.

The support planet rule will not be enforced this round
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 18:56   #2
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: Round 25 MH Announcement

:/
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:24   #3
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I'm at a loss for words.

Apart from these.............

Reduce the alliance limit and then try to make up for it by allowing support planets?

I can't get my breath.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:39   #4
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

amazing.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:49   #5
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

And I thought I drank too much.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:51   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Step in the wrong direction.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:55   #7
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Right now. I would like to of course make clear how much respect i have for Fiery (i love you hun) But if you have decided this, then your a little silly.

I thought the main reason why alliance limits were lowered were to give smaller alliances a chance. But of course removing this rule cancels this out completly. Becuase now you wont get players joining the smaller alliances, instead of course they will just play for the big alliances out of tag. So it beats the whole objective of implementing alliance limits in the first place, especially lowering them to benefit smaller alliances into the game. Correct i hate this rule, i created it and also removed it.. but loweing the alliance limit with a statement used in the anouncements of 'we are doing this to help smaller alliances' then taking away the rule of stopping bigger alliances abusing the alliance limit seems a little stupid to me.

Anyway gl and all that.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:55   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

First in the thread to support this move! Woo!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:58   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it will all end in tears and farce
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 21:13   #10
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

i support this move as well, and in fact it will tie in nicely with my next rounds plans.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 21:36   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

This is an utter disaster.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 21:43   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In reality this will be a fairly minor move and you're all being drama queens.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:00   #13
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

for those of us that are a little fuzzy on the specifics of the support planet rule what exactly is it that your not enforcing? planets solely building def ships and deffing one planet all round? multiing? farming?

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:01   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
planets solely building def ships and deffing one planet all round?
not cheating

Quote:
multiing? farming?
cheating
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:08   #15
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A sensible decision.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:36   #16
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

means scanners can be left outside of ally tag now, which is exactly what I plan on doing next round.

Saver of Sad

Unread 4 Jan 2008, 22:49   #17
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

finally! congratulations for this decision!
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:02   #18
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse
means scanners can be left outside of ally tag now, which is exactly what I plan on doing next round.
Having ready access to scans should be universal in my opinion. It's the single biggest difference between top allied players and players playing more casually. Not that I'm pro score-homogenisation, more that the game simply isn't fun if you spend 3 hours looking for a scan and crashing when you don't get one.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:19   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Scanners were already excluded from the support planet rule.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:32   #20
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
it will all end in tears and farce
haven't we been there before?

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:55   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
In reality this will be a fairly minor move and you're all being drama queens.
QFT

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 01:12   #22
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Scanners were already excluded from the support planet rule.
Since when? It was my understanding that it still applied to them (We had our scanners in-tag) as well as from what I heard in #transcendancy about that having been a problem. Was that a recent change?

Saver of Sad

Unread 5 Jan 2008, 01:21   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Since the start of round 24.
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 01:22   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh and as I haven't said anything:

credit where it's due to the MH.
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 15:51   #25
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Scanners were exempt from the support planet rule anyway.

Edit. Damn! Beaten to it again.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 15:54   #26
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Read. Comprehend. Adapt.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 00:37   #27
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ye. I have officially reopened #ForWishWeDie
Chan been kinda dead since the enforcement of this rule, but I now accept new recruits to join the squad.

( should this be on AR? )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 01:05   #28
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

i'd die for you wish

<3

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 02:05   #29
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
I will make this short and sweet.

The support planet rule will not be enforced this round
sorry hun im not entirely sure its a good move in the long run

well atleast elviz will be pleased that his m8s can help him for free again

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 02:23   #30
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

robban! come on irc ffs!
FWWD needs you!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 02:29   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First of all, I demand that the multihunters actually explain why they have decided to not use the support planets rule this round. Then I urge them again to reinstate it.

Firstly, by doing this you simply say that one way of cheating is okay, but others isn't, for now that is.

This is so utterly ludicrous I cant even begin to describe it.

saying that something is cheating one round, then the next round deciding it isn't is just plain old retarded.

The alliance limits was put in place to enforce the fact that every alliance that starts up will have a fair chance, but then there was many that decided that it wasn't fair enough for them thus the support planets was invented. It got essentially closed down to some extent by the support planets rule. But now as alliance limits have been reduced the multihunters suddenly decided to remove the one rule that gave an even playing field that separated the ones that wants to play fair and square and the ones that wants to cheat themselves into victory. I am appalled by this moronic move by the multihunters and have also decided to send an email to Jolt's representative Biffy about this.

How can one believe in the pa team and the multihunters when they decide from round to round what is cheating and what isn't? What sense is there to rule something as cheating one round. then next round remove it? And then again going back to it at another stage.

The senseless handling of the rules and the utter sheer hypocrisies from the multihunters makes me wanna vomit.

I would also encourage everyone to not pay for their credits this round until the suppliers of this game actually gives us the reason why one of the most important ways to prevent cheating in this game has been removed.

Last edited by Kargool; 6 Jan 2008 at 02:37.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 04:00   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
saying that something is cheating one round, then the next round deciding it isn't is just plain old retarded.
Yet, when I said this a few rounds ago you shouted me down. I see the hypocrisy doesn't fall far from the tree.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 06:58   #33
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

This decision is quite mindboggling. It makes little to no sense for what they were trying to do by lowering the alliance limits. I, like Kargool, would like an explanation as to why this rule has been removed.

Side note: Congrats to Elviz on his r25 win.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 09:35   #34
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Yay! May the team with the most unique ip addresses and rdp/vnc logins win!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 10:21   #35
Recluse

Kargool: I believe they removed the rule by popular demand. Of Course, this nullifies the need for an alliance limit, and altogether makes it look like no one really knows what they're doing, but hey, I still think it was a good decision heh.

Side note: Something universal, such as support planets, being called cheating is exactly what myself and others have been going "wtf" over for many rounds. In no way do they give an unfair advantage to any one group. The only real reason the rule was put in place was because some newbs got pwned by the strategy 1 round and whined about it. Alliance limits were never set in place as a means of controlling the total number of planets in an alliance, only the total number that received the benefit of being in the alliance, as well as counted towards the alliance score. -1 ETA for def and adding to alliance score is something support planets do not get to use. The support planet rule was just another example of how those in charge of this game set about to stifle any who would excel in this game. The alliance limit itself is yet another example of that. Thats what I would like to see removed next, but I doubt it will happen :/

Saver of Sad

Unread 6 Jan 2008, 11:56   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Kargool: I believe they removed the rule by popular demand. Of Course, this nullifies the need for an alliance limit, and altogether makes it look like no one really knows what they're doing, but hey, I still think it was a good decision heh.

Side note: Something universal, such as support planets, being called cheating is exactly what myself and others have been going "wtf" over for many rounds. In no way do they give an unfair advantage to any one group. The only real reason the rule was put in place was because some newbs got pwned by the strategy 1 round and whined about it. Alliance limits were never set in place as a means of controlling the total number of planets in an alliance, only the total number that received the benefit of being in the alliance, as well as counted towards the alliance score. -1 ETA for def and adding to alliance score is something support planets do not get to use. The support planet rule was just another example of how those in charge of this game set about to stifle any who would excel in this game. The alliance limit itself is yet another example of that. Thats what I would like to see removed next, but I doubt it will happen :/

This is utter bogus in my opinion.

The system was in place so that the system of knowing a big bunch of people and them being willing to create a planet for free and then build def for one planet in specific. We've seen the planets with 40k scorpions and nothing else, we've seen the people who only build defships and not any roiders at all, does this not defeat the entire purpose of this game? That in order to win, or that in order to play, the concept is to GET roids, not build defships and support others?

What you say about alliancelimits is the same thing. While we had 80k planets the alliance limits didnt mean a thing, because you could always find a big group of people to join your alliance, and as many have said, the bigger it got, the more difficult it became to control. BUT with only 1500 planets and out of them less than 1200 active, we need the same limits in order to control exactly this. The reason why people isnt playing the game is not because it is crap, it is because that they dont know it. Marketing creates a demand. Thats buisness school 101 for ya.

What alliance limits do is to create an aspect that sadly some people fail to comprehend, a fair system that gives all alliances an equal chance of winning. Removing the support planet rule is taking away that fair chance, and gives the alliance who can ram up the biggest block of people to support their ally the win.

I refuse to accept that is the concept that this game needs in order to recruit more players, because the new players wont be the ones with the contacts and the ability to get into this megahuge blocks of people. They will be the ones fed upon.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 12:34   #37
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Most people who've agreed with removing the support planet rule wanted it as part of removing the alliance limits. One doesn't work without the other.

Quote:
The only real reason the rule was put in place was because some newbs got pwned by the strategy 1 round and whined about it. Alliance limits were never set in place as a means of controlling the total number of planets in an alliance, only the total number that received the benefit of being in the alliance, as well as counted towards the alliance score.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. The alliance limits were there as a cap on the size of alliances, combining with alliance rankings to make blocking less attractive. eXilition's Round 15 tactic was well played, but at the end of the day it was still against the spirit of the rules - hence the support planet rule.

Frankly there's so many changes needed to the game (see Jester's thread, Rob's private galaxies thread and jer's new thread) that PA won't get on the right road until everything is changed, not just little things in an effort to appease the masses.

Last edited by furball; 16 Jan 2008 at 19:42.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 13:16   #38
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The system was in place so that the system of knowing a big bunch of people and them being willing to create a planet for free and then build def for one planet in specific. We've seen the planets with 40k scorpions and nothing else, we've seen the people who only build defships and not any roiders at all, does this not defeat the entire purpose of this game? That in order to win, or that in order to play, the concept is to GET roids, not build defships and support others?
Errr, come again? Where in the rules or anywhere in the game manual, are players told they have to get roids in order to play. Generally the thing that makes a game good, interesting and enjoyable for alot of players, is to be able to play the way they like to play. If someone likes being a defwhore, without roiding at all, why on earth should he be stopped from playing that way? It's exactly this narrowminded view that drives away more and more players.

Quote:
What alliance limits do is to create an aspect that sadly some people fail to comprehend, a fair system that gives all alliances an equal chance of winning. Removing the support planet rule is taking away that fair chance, and gives the alliance who can ram up the biggest block of people to support their ally the win.
Unfortunately though, wars are not about being fair and neither should the game be. The only thing alliance limits do is pretend to give a fair system. In the end, the alliance or group who manages to gather the most support (be it in quantity or quality) will win. You seem to think that it matters one bit whether that support is publicly visible by being placed in (different) tags, or by having untagged planets supporting. If a group is running away with the win, its up to the others to stop them if they want to. It could be easily done, with or withour support planets assisting the leading group. Thats called playing politics, gathering support (tagged or untagged) to achieve a common goal, all is fair in love and war.

All the MH rules regarding support planets make the game far more complicated than it needs to be. If you, for whatever reason, share game resources with another tag than your own (a friends favour, for fun or a common interest) you have to check if you're not breaking any rule and risk closing. Surely thats the best gaming concept ever invented .
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 13:53   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Stop telling me how to play the game, I'm perfectly capable of deciding that for myself, be happy I'm actually doing it in the first place. More players equals a better game, regardless of what those players are doing with their planet. In fact, I'm going to repeat that, as it's a fairly fundamental aspect of my argument:

More players equals a better game, regardless of what those players are doing with their planet.

I'll explain why, because I think many don't actually realise this any more, if they ever did. PA has two major aspects, which supplement each other: gameplay and community spirit. I think PA's strength lies in the community aspect of the game, not in the gameplay itself, but nevertheless, let's look at the gameplay aspect first.

There is a finite number of strategies for players to use. Recent game developments (government and population are two aspects that deserve mentioning) as well as a certain group of players (no, I'm not talking about Ascendancy, although some of us are definitely part of this group) thinking up new strategies (xp whoring, support planets, cov ops, distwhoring) have increased this number significantly over the last few rounds, but this has resulted in few fundamental changes in both gameplay and player thought patterns (Greenhills grabbing #1 was an exception to this rule).

In my opinion the gameplay aspect will never fundamentally change much, if at all, thus improvements to PA should come from the other aspect of the game: the community.

Changing an existing community is almost impossible, especially if that community is as abstract and hard to reach as the one we have in PA. Let's face it, we're not exactly the most ordinary bunch of people. The easiest way (and quite possibly the only realistic way) to improve an existing community is by adding people to it, people with different habits, different norms, different values, which makes the oldtimers less influential. This becomes especially significant when the number of newcomers outgrows the number of oldtimers, which is easy in a small community such as ours, and even more so when (not if) they start doing as well as us, or even outperform us. So what we need is a larger community.

This conclusion is actually nothing new, we've known this for ages. However, I felt the reason for this need for growth has been forgotten somewhat over time, which in turn was the reason I felt the above part of my post was necessary. Next up, how do we make PA grow?

We all know PA Team and Jolt don't have the time and will (respectively) to advertise Planetarion, and there's been no reason (at least no reason that gave us instant results, we may not be ordinary, but we're as short-sighted and selfish as the next guy) for the player base to recruit a significant number of people. And even if they could/wanted to invest in advertisement, ads and other marketing schemes are becoming increasingly useless in general, and particulary on the internet. In contrast, the invention of viral marketing is probably the single largest development in marketing strategies in a long time, because it combines effectiveness with low (close to non-existant) cost. With viral marketing, neither PA Team nor Jolt will need to put any effort or money into attracting more people to the game, they simply give people an incentive to recruit people to the game.

And what better incentive for a HC to get more people in the game than the fact that his alliance is losing the round because the opponent has more? In this case, supply creates demand. Less places in the few alliances means less people can play in a decent one means less people play. And don't tell me that (lower) alliance limits results in the creation of more alliances, the number of HCs won't grow until the number of players grows, and even then only with a significant delay, people don't become HC material overnight. Alliances will want to recruit as many people as they can handle, simply because more people = more score = better chance of winning.

On the other hand, having (and keeping!) a lot of people in your alliance is not as easy as people make it seem, thus leadership skills are going to be much more important than they would be if you limited every alliance to 50 or even less members, down to sizes which my dog would be capable of leading.

By removing this one rule they've solved their marketing problem. It will result in an immediate and noticable benefit for HCs when they recruit people, which in turn changes the community by making it bigger, which in turn makes the game better, which in turn makes more people want to play it.

I realise that there's a ceiling to the number of people that'd want to play this game, and that it's probably lower than it was 5 years ago. I however also believe that the ceiling is much higher than the 1500 people we now have, one only needs to look at games like Travian and Utopia to realise this is true.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 6 Jan 2008 at 14:25.
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 16:50   #40
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The reason why people isnt playing the game is not because it is crap,
Uhm... yes, it is. Planetarion was new and original a decade ago, now it is just something completely outdated.

Commodore 64 was very cool in the 80's, now it is only being played on by "cult-people" who grew up with it. Kids nowadays are playing on Xbox Live, PS3 and so on.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 08:17   #41
Recluse

Quote:
This is utter bogus in my opinion.

say what? I'm sorry, but nowhere in the manual does it say you can't build only 1 type of ship, or only play the game a certain way. Stop trying to control people.

Quote:
What you say about alliancelimits is the same thing. While we had 80k planets the alliance limits didnt mean a thing, because you could always find a big group of people to join your alliance, and as many have said, the bigger it got, the more difficult it became to control. BUT with only 1500 planets and out of them less than 1200 active, we need the same limits in order to control exactly this. The reason why people isnt playing the game is not because it is crap, it is because that they dont know it. Marketing creates a demand. Thats buisness school 101 for ya.
No, the reason people dont play PA is 1) People don't want to pay for this game, 2) The left because it's turning into a pile of **** with all this BS and 3) Because PA isn't advertised, etc, and noone knows about it. you don't drop from 80k planets down to 1700 from lack of advertising, it's from the game going to crap. Lack of advertising is what causes the failure to replace those who left. THATS business 101.

Quote:
Erm, no? With, or without alliance limits, all alliances have equal chance to win. What alliance limits do is say "Obviously you guys are good, and these newbs over here suck, so what we're going to do is limit you guys to how many you can have, and force the rest of you to go elsewhere, hopefully over to the sucky newbs to give the sucky newbs a chance at doing what they are incapable of doing on their own: winning."

Quote:
I refuse to accept that is the concept that this game needs in order to recruit more players, because the new players wont be the ones with the contacts and the ability to get into this megahuge blocks of people. They will be the ones fed upon.
This concept is for 2 reasons. 1) Because the current players are asking for it and they should be kept happy. 2) In hopes of bringing back some of those who left because of this rule. The only way to get the newbs in here is for Jolt and such to go advertising, etc.

You've still not shown me how alliance limits actually create fairness where there would not be if they were not there. Are you saying that before there were limits, PA wasn't fair? I dunno bout you, but I remember quite the wars going on back in the day when there were no limits, and it wasn't all 1 or 2 alliances either. There were some big wars than, between tons of alliances, all whom had an equal chance at success.

** Edited to include something I forgot, for others satisfaction, and because they didn't read further posts....

Saver of Sad

Last edited by Recluse; 8 Jan 2008 at 01:17.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 09:51   #42
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, the reason people dont play PA is 1) The left because it's turning into a pile of **** with all this BS and 2) Because PA isn't advertised, etc, and noone knows about it. you don't drop from 80k planets down to 1700 from lack of advertising, it's from the game going to crap. Lack of advertising is what causes the failure to replace those who left. THATS business 101.

I think people having to pay would have had just a TINY impact on the number going down. This round, I predict, will be fantastically crap. Tempted to sign up just to join in the merryment!

And for once I'm agreeing in public with Kargool - don't buy credits kids, play freebie accounts as thats the only way Jolt will realise (by loosing money) that they have to seriously look at PA and decide wether to put money into it or to drop it. If they drop it, its been a good ride. If they keep it going, mores the better for them.

Vegas anyone?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 09:59   #43
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:

Im sorry but what? The reason why the support planet rule was implemented was becuase people were abusing the alliance limit. Getting planets to signup for the sole puprose of just building one ship and overcoming the eta bonus you get in tag. How is that not an unfair advantage? I might also add these planets of course were people from other online games, they didnt contriubte anything to the actual community other then helping their friends (the alliance) win the round. Is this the sort of players you want to attract? Freebie planets which will come for one round only, build one ship type in a huge mass and 3 fleet for xp? Id rather stick with the small hardcore base community of players that play this game for a reason, then idiots such as this for one round to help abuse the system

So far i have recieved 2 emails from 2 alliances which usally end in the top 5 (they must have my email still on their listings) Asking all members who were a member of them in the past to return, as a free planet 3 fleeting for xp to help them as the support planet rule has been removed. Now, im not going to name these 2 alliances but you know who you are. And this is what is wrong with this rule been removed. People are now going to abuse this. Of course its unfair, how can an alliance with 60 members manage to fight against an alliance who managed to get 90 to play for them? (with the extra 30 members most likely 3 fleeting and are freebie planets) Its impossible to fight that. Even the spartans for example couldnt withstand the numbers they had to face for long. Its just a common fact.

The whole puprose of the alliance limits are there to make it more fun in the long run. Its to bring the smaller alliances into the game and give the game more depth. These days we only have a 2k playerbase not like the days where i was HC of Legion and we had of course a lot of players, which lead to more alliances, which lead to better wars and more excitment. The game is loosing interest to players hence why the playerbase is dropping considerably, but how is removing this rule going to help? Instead your going to get 2 alliances battling it out becuase they managed to recuit the most people out of tag. This to me stagnates the round, and as a member which is not in thoese 2 alliances i wouldnt play the next round as i would find that boring and pointless. We dont have the players anymore, thats just a fact. So unfortunatly the limits are there to force us to not just go running to what we think is the biggest alliance in the universe. Myself i would rather join an alliance such as ASS or Orbit to make sure the rounds are more fun and exciting instead of stagnating.

So bassicaly i find this as a very bad move to remove this rule. The whole purpose from what i gathered of having alliance limits and lowering them this round was to help smaller alliances and maybe have more wars etc. Now as i said above and from the emails i have been sent about recuitment we will just get 2 alliances which managed to recuit the most battle it out for first while the rest just sit there and wrot. Dont see that as fun to me.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Willzzz; 7 Jan 2008 at 10:08.
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 11:59   #44
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

After getting what I would call a lousy excuse of a reply from Jolt, and seeing as the multihunters think they're above everything and not to be held accountable by anyone, TGV will no longer encourage any of our players to pay for playing this game anymore.

I think what Willzzz posts about the alliances asking members to come back to have freeplanets(supportplanets) this round, it allready shows that this will not be a round based on fairness, nor a round I would pay money for.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 13:55   #45
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Not that I care or can be bothered, but surely having this huge thread complaining about this matter will achieve absolutely nothing?

While I tend to throw people the random insult from time to time, do we really need another whine about multihunters? If you want to raise this problem, raise it with Biffy at Jolt as it seems clear to me that the pa team have decided to sit on their hands on this occasion, if Biffy or Jolt decides to not do anything (which is most likely, but pink rabbits have been spotted before) then you can feel as unjustly as you want and quit the game or whatever you feel like.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 13:59   #46
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Instead of not enforcing the rule, alliance limits should simply have been removed. That would have had almost the same effect as not enforcing the support planet rule (i.e. not enforcing alliance limits).
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 14:15   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Im sorry but what? The reason why the support planet rule was implemented was becuase people were abusing the alliance limit. Getting planets to signup for the sole puprose of just building one ship and overcoming the eta bonus you get in tag. How is that not an unfair advantage? I might also add these planets of course were people from other online games, they didnt contriubte anything to the actual community other then helping their friends (the alliance) win the round. Is this the sort of players you want to attract? Freebie planets which will come for one round only, build one ship type in a huge mass and 3 fleet for xp? Id rather stick with the small hardcore base community of players that play this game for a reason, then idiots such as this for one round to help abuse the system

So far i have recieved 2 emails from 2 alliances which usally end in the top 5 (they must have my email still on their listings) Asking all members who were a member of them in the past to return, as a free planet 3 fleeting for xp to help them as the support planet rule has been removed. Now, im not going to name these 2 alliances but you know who you are. And this is what is wrong with this rule been removed. People are now going to abuse this. Of course its unfair, how can an alliance with 60 members manage to fight against an alliance who managed to get 90 to play for them? (with the extra 30 members most likely 3 fleeting and are freebie planets) Its impossible to fight that. Even the spartans for example couldnt withstand the numbers they had to face for long. Its just a common fact.

The whole puprose of the alliance limits are there to make it more fun in the long run. Its to bring the smaller alliances into the game and give the game more depth. These days we only have a 2k playerbase not like the days where i was HC of Legion and we had of course a lot of players, which lead to more alliances, which lead to better wars and more excitment. The game is loosing interest to players hence why the playerbase is dropping considerably, but how is removing this rule going to help? Instead your going to get 2 alliances battling it out becuase they managed to recuit the most people out of tag. This to me stagnates the round, and as a member which is not in thoese 2 alliances i wouldnt play the next round as i would find that boring and pointless. We dont have the players anymore, thats just a fact. So unfortunatly the limits are there to force us to not just go running to what we think is the biggest alliance in the universe. Myself i would rather join an alliance such as ASS or Orbit to make sure the rounds are more fun and exciting instead of stagnating.

So bassicaly i find this as a very bad move to remove this rule. The whole purpose from what i gathered of having alliance limits and lowering them this round was to help smaller alliances and maybe have more wars etc. Now as i said above and from the emails i have been sent about recuitment we will just get 2 alliances which managed to recuit the most battle it out for first while the rest just sit there and wrot. Dont see that as fun to me.
If your rival alliance is able to keep 90 members while you are not, then that means your alliance sucks and the rival alliance doesn't. Get a nap if you can't handle the pressure. Or is this also an "unfair advantage"? Maybe you should (re)read my post, as it seems you either didn't or didn't understand it.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 14:53   #48
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
If your rival alliance is able to keep 90 members while you are not, then that means your alliance sucks and the rival alliance doesn't. Get a nap if you can't handle the pressure. Or is this also an "unfair advantage"? Maybe you should (re)read my post, as it seems you either didn't or didn't understand it.
I wasnt responding to your post, but infact most of the comments in mine covers all which you did say. So i sugest you re-read my post.

For example, how does removing the enforcement of this rule help the community grow? When (as i stated) you will get people return for one round only, as free planets 3 fleeting to help one alliance win the round. Does that help the community grow? No. Instead, it drives out the players who have played this game from round 1 till now.

And regarding your post above, what? An alliance sucks becuase cowards instead of fighting go running to what they think is the best alliance, and therefore stagnating the round.. you havent read my post at all have you?

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 14:57   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Explain to me what's so much worse about losing fleet to an ooa defwhore (relative to losing it to a "normal" player) that would drive people away.

And yes, if an alliance can't keep its members, it sucks.
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 15:24   #50
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
Explain to me what's so much worse about losing fleet to an ooa defwhore (relative to losing it to a "normal" player) that would drive people away.

And yes, if an alliance can't keep its members, it sucks.
Why would a player that is dedicated to the game that he/she has played since the beggining want to continue after been destroyed by a bunch of freebie planets 3 fleeting who have never played PA before other then convinced to play this round to help out friends/an alliance to victory? As i Certainly wouldnt want to continue playing if this is the way you would want to attract players back to this game. As i said above how does that benefit and help the community grow if these players have no intention of playing this game more then the one round other then to help friends to victory? They are not playing the game, they are not playing for their pride or intention to win. Instead they are signing up inactive planets and 3 fleeting to benefit somone else. This will therefore drive away the players that have been in this game since the beggining. The players that signup every round hoping for somthing to finally improve. The community of PA. Now me and kargool have rowed quite a bit in the past, but i still class him as a dedicated member of the PA community. As i do a lot of people still around which love this game.

Point is i would rather be roided by another player i know is playing the game to be part of the actual community and playing for the reasons i am, then an inactive idiot brought in just to abuse the alliance limit for one round.

And an alliance would have to actually be able to have 90 members in the first place for them to not be able to 'keep them' as you put it. And that is what i am going on about here. Please understand this statement. Keeping them isnt the problem, gaining players when they will always run to the bigger/winning alliance will cause problems with this rule removed. How hard is that to understand?

p3nguin Founder