User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Dec 2007, 22:06   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Construction limit

I fail to see why planets should be limited at 150 constructions. I therefore propose adding 1 or 2 more infrastructure researches, to effectively remove the limit on constructions.

Thoughts?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 22:07   #2
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Construction limit

Interesting idea. Certainly worth implementing, as it opens up the choices a player has to make.
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 22:39   #3
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

This is one thing that has always bothered me a bit about PA, I do think it should be at least tried

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 00:57   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I agree on this, I maxed out my constructions a while ago & don't quite get why the limit is so low.

Can't see why a couple more stages can't be added to the tech tree.

To be honest, even 1 more option allowing for 250 would be sufficient for an entire round I think.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 01:34   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Agreed. I was thinking 2 increments of 50 myself, but 1 of 100 should do the trick just as well. 250 cons take 1330 ticks to build. Alternatively, add 1 of 50 and 1 of 100, making 300 in 1596 ticks.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 03:20   #6
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

What about races which simply can't build constructions as fast? Cathaar can only just about get to 150 constructions in a 7 week round with the best government and population settings assuming there is no downtime. The downtime from this round means I won't even get to my 150th construction. Allowing other races to build even more constructions will cause further imbalance towards this.

I don't really see what advantages this change would actually bring, apart from the choice argument.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 03:31   #7
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

well that look like farming , they made constuction killer , slower ship so you can use them . i dont see what kind of tactic is implied here unless you dont really war or doesnt get a decent size account. maybe instead making a more powerfull cr bs race would be a idear or increase building point , even if it would be a dis/amp war .
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 03:51   #8
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

One reason to have the limit of 150 is beyond roughly 100 the limit benefits large players way more then small players. When you get near the 100 construction mark constructions start to be a very expensive for the small players, especially when you do a cost benefit analysis. Large players don't notice the costs as much because they have resources to burn, but to the smaller players this is a huge deal. Plus with having the 150 cap it helps limit the advantages of distorters because when you have to build factories as well as distorters you now have to decide between whether to be able to produce and being unscannable, with a significantly higher construction limit this becomes less of an issue because you have more room for distorters.

Personally unless I'm going as a scanner I rarely get over the 100 mark even when I'm roid rich, the costs simply don't justify the expense.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 06:49   #9
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

i m cath, and i started 3-4 days late compare with most.. and i wont even get 70 constructions up! i understand those fast builders to want more..
but in truth, it would only make a gap bigger.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 16:23   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
What about races which simply can't build constructions as fast? Cathaar can only just about get to 150 constructions in a 7 week round with the best government and population settings assuming there is no downtime. The downtime from this round means I won't even get to my 150th construction. Allowing other races to build even more constructions will cause further imbalance towards this.

I don't really see what advantages this change would actually bring, apart from the choice argument.
What about them? Like you pointed out yourself, you have a choice, I see absolutely no reason to place an artificial limit after which your choice becomes shit.

As for the overpowered distorter argument, disters don't need a certain number of dists, they need a certain construction speed. The limit is completely irrelevant, because whether there's a limit or not, scanners can always have more amps than disters can have dists, simply because scanners only need 0 or 1 factories, while disters need 3 (one of each, assuming Terran, other races irrelevant for obvious reasons).
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 18:49   #11
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with this suggestion.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2007, 23:38   #12
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

Karo is on a distinguished road

this was a suggestion I am been talking to appocco about for a time.lol but he is always to busy to disscuss it. same with

when certain areas are done oh like research or someplace else you dont needs the constructs any more how about hving the tear down option and rebuilding them to where you need them? WITH a fee of course.. again:P going back to other games I play that are simular to pa.lol

and yes the building costs are high specially for scanners but aah well life is not cheap either ..... right?

I am the most eveilest of goddesses!:P beware my wrath!
mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Karo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 15:30   #13
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

that ****ing 8k hct limit should increase as well, even if we probably never see it reached again
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 15:59   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It's 10k.
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 16:19   #15
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

at risk of repeating maybe , making it so that theyr would be cluster war would actualy avoid you having more than 50 construction
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 17:36   #16
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

good thing u reminded me there were such consturctions :/

edit: my point beeing its rather dull to order a new construction again and again... atleast when you order new ships, you see them with you on battle field next day, u can claim a bigger target... ordering constructions (even they ofc add bonus to your planet) will get dull rather soonish and will just cause u an extra click... I think constructions would really need some flavour, so I actually bother to click on them daily.

Last edited by Ave; 17 Dec 2007 at 01:02.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2007, 02:05   #17
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

If there are races able to construct more than 150 constructions in a round, with the proper settings (meaning a strategic choice with pros and cons) I see no reason to limit them at 150.
Unread 12 Dec 2007, 03:16   #18
Bbud2
Banned

crosssing addidtion whit the % of chance a player will get wreck .
can let a ex. 100% increase player would be to eay for im to rebuild and suicide againsn t a enemies ....