User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Jun 2006, 20:51   #1
lilbunny

Officers - Best DCs

In response to the thread about the lack of sufficient or competent officers, where DCs were called thankless and unappreciated, I thought that it would be nice to give some props to the decent ones that are out there. This isn't intended as a historical archive or anything, just a state of current affairs.

So, who are the best DCs out there at the moment, and why do you think they are so good?
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 21:45   #2
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: Officers - Best DCs

Hmm this is a bit of a strange thread to have. I think we have had somthing similar before. I think the best DC's i have worked with would be Irvine from FAnG, as he was hillarious with those lollipops, and ofc Rob when i was in eclipse. Quickest defence calls covering i have ever saw.

As for now.. i have no idea.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 21:49   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Probably... Iruja and Scream from WP days...

ND... I dunno tbh everyone's so quirky that it's hard to pick
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 22:06   #4
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

Pass ... DC's just aint given the credit they should be given .... they are as well as the scanners the unsung heroes of ne ally.... and usually aint given ne rekonition.... so know one knows who they are ... whihc is a shame coz a gc DC goes a long way in this game
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:12   #5
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Deven and mad'n'risky (sorry about lack of capitalisation dude, can't remember) were the first I personally met who actually impressed me.

Excellent tactically (especially Mad), Good stamina and extremely low ****-up rate even when shit really hit the fan (which always was my failing. I never was reliable when too much happended when I was tired)
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:12   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think you can really judge this, since it's very subjective - and people will only nominate those they have had actual DCing contact with. Certain names will always come up (e.g. Irvine), and so we can probably say that those are amongst the top echelon - but there can never be a complete list.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:13   #7
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Still, given enough random posts you'd get an overview.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:17   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
and people will only nominate those they have had actual DCing contact with.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:19   #9
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Still, given enough random posts you'd get an overview.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:26   #10
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Odds are the people mentioned in a thread like this are the handful of DC's who already recieve widespread recognition for thier work.

Meanwhile your average alliance DC who gives up his time and feels unappreciated and taken advantage of will not be mentioned which might even make them feel less appreciated.

How about a thread where you thank all the DC's from your particular alliance, and others can choose to do the same. The goal should be recognizing everyone who sacrifices thier time and energy to help thier alliance, not just the most skilled/popular/active DC's.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:34   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The majority of board posters belong (or have belonged) to only a few alliances. Some of that handful of alliances have succeeded each other - Angels succeeded FAnG, 1up succeeded Eclipse who succeeded Fury.

You're not going to get enough posts to give a decent answer if you're only looking for correlations - let's call this the scattergun approach. You're not going to find many posters from xVx, Vengeance or even Omen (or eXilition).
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 23:34   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fully agree with those sentiments germ, but while we are on the subject you rocked at being a MO.
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 00:09   #13
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

DC's:
<3 NitinA, Mek

They simply rock
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 01:43   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Odds are the people mentioned in a thread like this are the handful of DC's who already recieve widespread recognition for thier work.

Meanwhile your average alliance DC who gives up his time and feels unappreciated and taken advantage of will not be mentioned which might even make them feel less appreciated.

How about a thread where you thank all the DC's from your particular alliance, and others can choose to do the same. The goal should be recognizing everyone who sacrifices thier time and energy to help thier alliance, not just the most skilled/popular/active DC's.
That would be a nice sentiment.

I would like to thank My hard working DC team at subh in r17. Also to say thanks for their patience for some of the abuse they may have received from a few of their "ally mates" And didnt drop any of their def calls out of spite.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 02:18   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've seen a few DC's in my time, but Paisley from Subh really stands out as an exceptional officer if nothing than from the sheer effort he puts into his work. Somehow, Paisley manages to pull rabbits from all over the place (having sucked the proverbial hat dry already ), and does wonders with the limited ships he has available. A Top notch DC even if he isnt in the "top echelon" of alliances.

<3
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 03:57   #16
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

What's the definition of a good DC ?
- someone who makes the best use of the available ships
- someone who make calls without forgetting the basic info
- someone who stays calm in the worst situation
- someone who is able to squeeze that little extra ships 2 mins from the tick
- someone who can guess from a unit scan and sense the little tricks here and there
- someone who doesn't send def ships crashing on the attackers without saving anything
- someone who is able to get the recall messages being send in time to the defenders
- someone who doesn't keep you waiting for hours when you offer def

What else ?
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 05:19   #17
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

-someone who gives u some hot cybering while DCing <3 Ziw

add that and i fully agree with your list
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 06:15   #18
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, that list earned me a negative rep from some retarded turd, i salute him here as ofc he remained anonymous.
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 08:59   #19
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Bronto from Insomnia & Bloke from ToF
<3 them guys

If every alliance had a Bronto or Bloke pa would be a better game ^^

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 10:11   #20
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who has ever given up their own time to DC for a bunch of other people.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 12:58   #21
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Beats me... Sid I guess
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:04   #22
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The best I can remember from ND past few rounds would be toot, Grog & Rasputin.

A lot of good DCs won't get much mention because they've simply not been around when people see them working their asses off, which is a bit tragic.

Outside of ND, the ones with the best reputations I've heard of are Irvine, NitinA and Paisley. But there are a lot of other MOs who also have a reputation of DCing well but handle BCing etc as well!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:26   #23
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

tbh DCs these days are nothing without thier defence bots.

So who has the best defence bot ey ey ey?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:41   #24
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv

You apparently didnt hear about the nights me and blacknova did defcalls with pen and paper in r11
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:43   #25
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv

The subh bot has been known to fail from time to time
Finger out techies
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:45   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

The bot award I would have to go to
[bot]
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 13:58   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm so good I can do defcalls without an internet connection.

No really, I can
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 15:00   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Anyone with stamina who can use a battlecalc very quickly.
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 15:18   #29
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

BEST dc that i have ever had a chence playing with is Smasher, hands down, ingal. Those of you who tried roiding 9:2 (rain's gal) round before last, know that Defences he pulled together were un****inbelievable... I was amazed how he pulled out ships practicly out of midair to cover most of the incoming. He only gave up after lemming runs started...

And ofcourse all my personal heroes from Omen.
Keizari, Caj, voodoo, and many many many others who pitched in. <3 you all.

And yes, scanners deserve a separate and very special thanks.

<3 Fiery, rain, Matematico, and whoever else you are, you know that you were important integral part of a slaying Machine that Omen came to be.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 18:31   #30
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
BEST Those of you who tried roiding 9:2 (rain's gal) round before last, know that Defences he pulled together were un****inbelievable...
In other words, he's a cheater.

"If something is unbelievable, don't believe it."
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 19:03   #31
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

organiseing defence amongst your galaxy is nothing compared to DCing for an alliance.

for your alliance youve got a tighter time schedule to work to and the potential to have over 30 calls a tick to deal with id say it is vastly more 'high pressure' than organiseing defence ingalaxy

not to say he didnt do a good job, just saying that it shouldnt be measured on the same scale as a player organising for his alliance

on a DC note:

Ziw is the best DC ive ever had chance to serve in a DC team alongside. i still remember he put in 30 hours of non stop DC'ing before 2 major exams in round 15...that is dedication!

also HR R13 DC Team was pretty bitchin:

Mek
Ziw
Hebla
Murador

pretty awesome teamwork we had between the 4 of us

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 20:13   #32
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

one of the best ever DC's ive ever come across has to be Paisley, that crazy noob not only finnishes top 20 in a round but will DC all night every night... ive seen him pull out some great DC calls over the rounds :P
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 20:19   #33
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i believe you could have made your point without calling ppl names. though i bet he doesnt give a tiny rats arse, its not nice. be kind enough and put your money where your mouth is(aka show proof)? or maybe retract your statement?
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 21:14   #34
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

HK

omg he's awesome
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 21:19   #35
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

It's hard to tell because most people only have experiences with 1-2 alliances in the past few rounds. In the old days of pa DCing wasn't that important since most raids were galraids and gals were mostly filled with unallied people.
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 21:28   #36
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

HK is my all time hero.

Sum1 mentioned Smasher. Can't but to nod head here. Had this guy in my glx r9 and other round in similar game all should know by now But well... never seen any1 handling fleet control like him given the same amount of time, out of the ppl I've worked with since r2 when I arrived here. Remarkable guy to handle glx defence. Never saw him DC for alliance however.

r13 & 15 belong to Spacez & Nitina.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Đragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 21:31   #37
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

I vote for Maxmillian
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 22:29   #38
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
on a DC note:

Ziw is the best DC.....
Dude, it was asked for the DC's still around
I'we retiered remember ?
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 19:08   #39
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
i believe you could have made your point without calling ppl names. though i bet he doesnt give a tiny rats arse, its not nice. be kind enough and put your money where your mouth is(aka show proof)? or maybe retract your statement?
Hi.

There are currently no magical rules against calling somebody a cheater. Since my current experience tells me that people pulling in unbeveliable amounts of random defence are cheaters, I will brand anybody pulling in unbeveliable amounts of random defence 'cheater', until I am convinced otherwise.. not that I believe many care, but I still will.

Furthermore, a cheater is a term, not a name, and as such, it is not namecalling calling somebody a cheater. Along the same lines, if I called you an idiot, it would not be namecalling, as I honestly do believe it.

thank you for reading
Hyfe.

Last edited by hyfe; 27 Jun 2006 at 20:49.
hyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 19:18   #40
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

hmm imo every alliance has got its heros when it comes to dcing...and they would nominate that person over other ppl.

i'll be honest in saying that i havent had much experience with other alliances dc's but i can say that lilboi and mzyxptlk (when he played) are by far two of the best rock has ever had in my history with the alliance.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 23:11   #41
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Pig, for organising ingal def when it was needed I also asume he was ace in 1up.

toot, for having a call covered before you can even blink

Cedlind, that guy did it when noone else could!

baguar, coverage AUSSIE STYLE!

flying_so_low, I gave him head for some reason, must be his dc'ing

h3ll, he can be an ass, but he does calls as the best

cmdr_carl, one of a kind

wishmaster, hope he still has his 4 hour alarmclock, tends to wake up just when you need him to take over your shift
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:15   #42
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

So gate mentioned rasputin, grog and toot.

So I am trowing in one of toots quote in our bot!

<NewDawn> Quote 2720 of 3425: <Muaziz> DC taking my call? | <toot> You ain't got no problem, Muaziz. I'm on the motherf u c k er. Go back in there and chill them n i g g e rs out and wait for the cavalry, which should be coming directly. | <Shooter|away> ^^ taken care of

Other from that I would mention Barrow. Amazing dc, specially when he dc'd from the toilet

Last edited by Spritfire; 28 Jun 2006 at 10:22.
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:43   #43
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Amazing dc, specially when he dc'd from the toilet
"We got incs, I need anti...hnnnnnng...de, eta hnnnnnnng 8"
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 14:31   #44
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:

where did this come from ? o.O
Unbelievable is a metaphor, just in case you didnt know.

Encyclopedia: Metaphor Source:Wikipedia
In language, a metaphor (from the Greek: metapherin) is a rhetorical trope defined as a direct comparison or cross mapping across two or more seemingly unrelated subjects. In a metaphor, a first concept is described as being or precisely equal to a second concept., also, just in case you didnt know.

yes. DCing ingal is easier then DCing in alliance. For a series of reasons we all know (And dont call me n00b giving me neg rep (not liek i really care ) thinking i dont realize this, whoever that anonymous person is ) However, capability of precise fleet control and timing, even on galaaxy scale were so impressive, that he IS the best DC i had seen. I am sure D Dava peoples will vouch for him being a good DC in that round aswell.

And the level of incoming that galaxy (9:2, r16) had was easely comparable to the level of alliance incomings. (Yes, less, but at least comparable) 20 fleets a night into 1 gal was not that uncommon, eventho little by alliance standards, you also can deal with, usually, at least 8 people who are online in that 2-4 hours period when u can organize def (opposed to 1, sometimes 2 hours when u could do that in alliance, given.) Yet, i would estimate 95% of incoming covered INGAL would be a GOOD number.

Haters =)

And i am not dising any alliance DC, we all know who you are and most of us silently appreciate your greatness *G*. The question posed who is the best you know of, I vote for Smasher. Hands down
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 16:26   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's sad to think that given the relative disparity in numbers between today's PA and what once was PA the best DCs PA ever saw are most likely not playing the game anymore. Personally I've only spent a half a round in an alliance with DCs since r5 so I'd have to vote for paisley. We'd probably need to get the alliance-hoppers in here though for a balanced view on who the best DCs are though heh.
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 16:47   #46
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

zhil, it's criminal to suggest anyone else.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 18:04   #47
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Comparing someone from recent rounds to early rounds is nearly impossible. In the early rounds there were far more people, but less complexity with stats....on the other hand there weren't tools for working it all out.

At present, I'd say anyone with half a brain that can use a bcalc effectively is as good as anyone else. The people named these days are generally those who stay on the longest...as it really is draining after a while.
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 18:19   #48
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

less complexity with stats?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 09:49   #49
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
At present, I'd say anyone with half a brain that can use a bcalc effectively is as good as anyone else. The people named these days are generally those who stay on the longest...as it really is draining after a while.
I'd disagree on that. There are people who will not be as effective. eg using last round's example, I was defended against at least a few times by a small fleet of scorpions or mandrakes which was insufficient to cover me, and then 4-5 fleets of banshees, amounting to 40 or 50,000 ships. Meanwhile, the wave of xand frigates that were ahead of me and the waves that were behind me and the waves that were on galmates from the same alliance went completely uncovered.

That was pretty stupid from the DC's PoV. A lot of the time, I calc for myself any places I'm sending defence, or when I have incs. Certain DCs will always cover efficiently (this is particularly noticable with FI incs for some reason. Less skilled or experienced DCs will try to stun/kill everything in the fleet, I actually saw a planet that had 2 fleets of mirage, 2 fleets of thieves and 2 fleets of beetles headed to it where the mirage alone were enough to persuade a recall). Additionally, certain DCs will not fall for fakes easily (eg. round 14, sending just ghosts to def zik BS that was actually CR and stole all the defence), and others that will suicide insane numbers of ships.

And when there's multi class incs, especially in big fleetcatches, there are a lot of DCs that just can't handle it and throw everything at it. I remember having to get fleets containing useful defence recalled in one instance because theere were ships in the fleet that did nothing but got stolen and encouraged the attackers to land. Picking which classes/types of ship are acceptable to send is troublesome for a lot of DCs who just do not have sufficient experience or vision.

I've found it's also possible to judge what sandmans will look like the next day for my alliance judging by who has been BCing, who has been MOing and a quick check of the defence tool. When an officer can make the difference between 5-6% green or 10-20% green, there has to be something more than just using a bcalc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 10:49   #50
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

soz. I read it wrong.

Last edited by Zirikk; 30 Jun 2006 at 11:08.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote