User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Mar 2005, 09:22   #1
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice
Lullabies to Paralyze

New QOTSA album. Good, but not great.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 10:47   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lullabies to Paralyze

That kinda descibes QOTSA to me.
Some ace songs. Some average songs.
The albums certainly grow on you though.
Where does it compare to Rated 'R' and Songs for the Deaf?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 12:17   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I guessed it was Queers Of The Stone Age, am I right?

/edit damn I was so close it actually isn't funny anymore
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 12:22   #4
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

It's not as good as Songs for the Deaf.
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 12:27   #5
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
It's not as good as Songs for the Deaf.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 12:32   #6
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I listened to it once wasnt impressed.
But then listened to 'little sister' on some cable music channel and quite liked it.
I think it's a grower.

PS is there another song that goes 'hey little sister where did you go?'
PPS little sister mean vagina in chinese, little brother is your liiitttttle friend.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 17:18   #7
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

I've listened to it twice now..
It's good, but not genius like songs for the deaf, I think it needs more nick oliveri
But as weeks said, I hope its a grower
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 17:35   #8
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

Just bought it and I'm listening to it now. Very disappointing, although I was kind of expecting it having heard 'Little Sister' which is absolutely nowhere near as good as, say, 'No One Knows'. Mind you, it would have taken one hell of an album to surpass Songs for the Deaf, or even match it really.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 23:44   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In My Head is a brilliant tune imho.

Was used in Need for Speed Underground 2
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 00:34   #10
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I bought it today even though i got given (is that correct english?) a copy by lestat who d/led it off the net.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 22:19   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Anybody who thinks Songs for the Deaf is better than Rated R is clearly dillusional and should be locked up for their own safety.
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 22:55   #12
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

wow, dace said exactly what I was going to, but slightly less profane. Also, the self-titled one was better than Songs for the Deaf.

Still waiting for my special one that play promised me, that seems not to exist.

Any idea what happened with the old basist and the guy who plays the random instuments?
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 14:20   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Anybody who thinks Songs for the Deaf is better than Rated R is clearly dillusional and should be locked up for their own safety.
they're on a par. although the fake radio thing on SftD is aggravating the second time round and only gets worse from there
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:36   #14
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Why are people so obsessed with Songs for the Deaf? It's their worst album (ok, I haven't heard much to the newest one yet, just got it, and haven't had time). Rated R is very good (listening to it now, actually. I love Auto Pilot), and I was surprised when I first heard it - as I had heard SoftD first and that was just okish. Then I came across their first album, Queens of the Stone Age. That album is just great.

So, was it a good idea to kick Nick Oliveri (bass) and Dave Grohl (drums)? As I said, I haven't listened much to it yet, but my first impression is that the new guys aren't as good as Oliveri/Grohl. However, the songs are of a higher quality than SoftD, so it should be ok.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:01   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Grohl was only standing in as a favour.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 22:19   #16
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

One of the great things about this band is that their lineup is forever changing pretty much apart from Josh.
Don't get me wrong, I love Rated R, but Songs for the Deaf is superb.Its one of the best, if not THE best rock albums to be made in the past few years!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 22:41   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed
Its one of the best, if not THE best rock albums to be made in the past few years!
Christ on the cross, no it isn't.

It's very good, however.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 06:48   #18
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I love ALL Queens of the Stone Age songs. It's weed music with a 4-hour boner.

My neck still hurts from their show I saw 2 weeks ago.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote