User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:18   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
help :(

This goddamned ****ing economics shit doesnt make any ****ing sense and its ****ing pissing me off and i cant think when im ****ing pissed cause im too ****ing pissed to think because this cocksucker professor says the most ridiculously complicated shit then it doesnt ****ing make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOSWEB COCKSUCKING SHITHEAD
1: In the first of the three stages of production the:

A: marginal cost curve has a negative slope.
B: average fixed cost curve has a positive slope.
C: average variable cost curve intersects the average total cost curve.
D: average variable cost is negative.
E: average total cost is negative.

2: The marginal cost curve is most important for determining the price received by a firm operating under:

A: perfect competition.
B: monopolistic competition.
C: monopsony.
D: monopoly.
E: oligopoly.
Help. GD youre my only hope.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:19   #2
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help :(

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:20   #3
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOSWEB SHITMONKEY MOTHER ****ER
Unbeknownst to Winston Smythe Kennsington III and most of the employees of OmniConglomerate, Inc., my time spent in the reception area of the CEO's outer office was extremely informative. Winston never quite got around to providing me with any business insight. But I did gain a better understanding of the role opportunity cost plays in production and supply -- both short run and long run -- through my celebrity figurine fabrication enterprise.

Best of all, I now recognize the critical connection between the act of production and the opportunity cost of production. In the short-run, production involves not only fixed and variable inputs, but also fixed and variable cost. The use of fixed inputs results in fixed cost and the use of variable inputs results in variable cost.

Three Production Stages
The connection between short-run production and short-run cost creates an important role for the three stages of production.

Recall that:
Stage I: Total product and marginal product both increase, and marginal product is positive.

Stage II: Total product increases, but marginal product decreases, and marginal product is positive.

Stage III: Total product and marginal product both decrease, and marginal product is negative.
Most important of all, the law of diminishing marginal returns sets in with the start of Stage II.
The Stages for Cost
Because the principles of short-run production are the foundation for short-run cost, these three stages (at least the first two) are also important.

This graph illustrates the production stages for the short-run cost curves. The top panel presents the total variable cost and total cost curves. The bottom panel presents the average variable cost, average total cost, and marginal cost curves.
Stage I: Total cost and total variable cost are both positive, but their slopes are becoming flatter. Marginal cost, being the slope of both curves, is decreasing. Average variable cost and average total cost are also both decreasing.

Stage II: Total cost and total variable cost are both positive, but their slopes are becoming steeper. Marginal cost, as such is increasing. Average variable cost and average total cost both reach their minimum values before increasing. This is, once again, the stage in which the law of diminishing marginal returns operates.

Stage III: Is not relevant to short-run cost.
As discussed in other lessons, firms tend to gravitate toward production quantities placing them in Stage II. They tend to seek production levels in which the law of diminishing marginal returns is effective and in which marginal cost is increasing.

page 2

Increasing marginal cost, which is found in Stage II of production, and which is caused by the law of diminishing marginal returns, takes center stage in the understanding of market supply and the law of supply.

The Law of Supply
Let me review the law of supply:
The law of supply states that a direct relation exists between supply price and the quantity supplied, ceteris paribus.

In other words, suppliers are willing and able to offer a larger quantity for sale ONLY if they receive a higher price. The reason they need a higher price for a larger quantity is that production cost increases. And production cost increases due to increasing marginal cost and the law of diminishing marginal returns.

The connection between the law of diminishing marginal returns, marginal cost, and the law of supply provides an excellent start for the analysis of market supply. However, it is ONLY a start. If all firms in the real world were guided exclusively by their positively-sloped marginal cost curve when making production and supply decisions, our look at market supply would be significantly shorter. But such is not the case.
Market Competition
A second important consideration is competition and market structure. The selling side of markets come in one of four varieties:
Perfect Competition is a market with a large number of relatively small firms in which each firm has no control over the price.

Monopoly is a market with a single firm that has relatively complete control over price.

Monopolistic Competition is a market with a large number of relatively small firms in which each firm has a small amount of control over the price.

Oligopoly is a market with a small number of relatively large firms in which each firm has a large amount of control over the price.
The more control a firm has over the price, the less likely it is to be guided by the marginal cost curve when deciding on the quantity to supply, and the less likely it is to follow the dictates of the law of supply.

This is most important because a significant number of real world firms do have substantial control over the price. The law of supply is thus not a guiding principle in these markets.
Thats what i have to work with.
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:21   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: help :(

There is nothing quite as wonderful as money.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:29   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oligopoly is a market with a small number of relatively large firms in which each firm has a large amount of control over the price.
The more control a firm has over the price, the less likely it is to be guided by the marginal cost curve when deciding on the quantity to supply, and the less likely it is to follow the dictates of the law of supply.
Surely this answers your question 2 anyway.

Think harder
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:32   #6
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Surely this answers your question 2 anyway.
When I finally sat down and looked at it and read it 5 times over it started to make more sense, but you kind of confirmed what i was thinking.

Quote:
Think harder.
Fk off.*

*meant in the most friendliest of ways, ofc
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:33   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you actually just type in the questions into Google you'll get most of what you need.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:34   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

We are sorry, all of our economics dropouts are currently busy. You are currently held in a queue while we wait for one of them to become available. Planetarion forums values your electronic communication.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:35   #9
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

I figured you lots needed something to argue about.
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 17:39   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

where is Stew anyway?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 18:06   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
where is Stew anyway?

aaaah

aaaaaah!

I see what you did there!
By asking as if you DON'T ALREADY KNOW you continue the plot to make us believe you are two seperate people!

aha! caught out!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 19:20   #12
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

lol
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 19:35   #13
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosWeb I liek little bois
1: If OmniMotors Car Company, a well-known oligopoly firm, convinces the federal government to place extremely high tariffs (or taxes) on all foreign automobiles imported into the country, then it is exhibiting the oligopoly characteristic of:

A: collusion.
B: entry barriers.
C: nonprice competition.
D: concentration.
E: merger.

excerpt

Characteristics and Behavior
Consider these particular characteristics and practices of oligopoly firms:
Concentration: In many oligopoly industries 3-10 firms account for 90% or more of total sales.

Entry Barriers: Oligopoly industries have a small number of firms primarily due to entry barriers. Potential firms find it difficult to join existing firms in an industry.

Interdependence: A prime characteristic of oligopoly is interdependent decision making, in which each firm undertakes actions based on the actions of other firms.

Price Rigidity: Oligopoly industries tend to keep prices constant, even if production cost changes.

Nonprice Competition: Faced with price rigidity oligopoly firms are often prone to compete using actions other than prices, including advertising, brand names, support services, and more.

Price Leadership: In many oligopoly markets, when prices do change, one firm takes the lead in setting prices. Other firms then follow along.

Collusion: Oligopoly firms avoid competition through collusion, where they agree to set prices, establish production quotas, and generally work together like a monopoly.

Merger: Oligopoly firms also avoid competition through formal mergers, in which two or more firms in the industry are legally joined into a single firm.
So is the answer B or C?
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:32   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

do you want me to do the exam for you too????

huh????

(i dont know)
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:36   #15
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

no youd fail
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:36   #16
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

no youd fail
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:53   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

get a book about that stuff. more important than to know how those curves look like is to know why they look the way they look.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 21:50   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Read it 5 times again.

This is basic competition theory and shouldn't be a problem for you.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 22:16   #19
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Read it 5 times again.

This is basic competition theory and shouldn't be a problem for you.
No its ****ing confusing horse shit, that's what it is.
Quote:
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 22:16   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
no youd fail
to be fair to myself, i havent actually read any of it.

If i read economics for more than 10 seconds my ears fall off. I can't be sure of this as it has never been tested, but im pretty sure.

im also pretty sure that if everyone else says its obvious, then it probably is
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:27   #21
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

1.a
2.b
2nd 1. b
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:27   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
aaaah

aaaaaah!

I see what you did there!
By asking as if you DON'T ALREADY KNOW you continue the plot to make us believe you are two seperate people!

aha! caught out!

I actually haven't heard from him in ages... he ignored my last text and he didn't reply in the meet thread...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:29   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stew Last Activity: 24 Jul 2005 21:44
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:34   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

I actually haven't heard from him in ages... he ignored my last text and he didn't reply in the meet thread...
hes probably gone gay and is too embarrased to admit that certain people were right.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 00:12   #25
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MM's been posting less too...
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 00:18   #26
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Ive given up. not a damn thing this guy says makes sense at all. fk it
Quote:
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 08:44   #27
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

dont give up. economics is rather simple, once you get over all that scientific babbling people use so that noone notices how simple it al is. as i said, get a good book, read it and thats it.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:56   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
1: If OmniMotors Car Company, a well-known oligopoly firm, convinces the federal government to place extremely high tariffs (or taxes) on all foreign automobiles imported into the country, then it is exhibiting the oligopoly characteristic of:

A: collusion.
B: entry barriers.
C: nonprice competition.
D: concentration.
E: merger.

So is the answer B or C?

Entry Barriers: Oligopoly industries have a small number of firms primarily due to entry barriers. Potential firms find it difficult to join existing firms in an industry.

Why don't you try READING the information you're given? It's quite obviously entry barriers (B).

convinces the federal government to place extremely high tariffs (or taxes) on all foreign automobiles imported into the country.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 16:55   #29
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
1.a
2.b
2nd 1. b
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 16:57   #30
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

I've gotten my C, im happy. Economics just isnt for me :/
Quote:
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 19:55   #31
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
hes probably gone gay and is too embarrased to admit that certain people were right.
Sadly wrong.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote