User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:43   #51
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: oh dear, tell me you lot arenīt just jumping through 1UP`s hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Ok - I have a sweet idea. While we are getting countless LCH/mistu/vsn incoming and you lot are all avoiding hitting them like the plague what we'll do is defend ourselves and take everyone out and we shall kingmake SiN to the #1 spot.

Got a brush? I'll stick it up my arse and sweep the floor too.
No brush, do it with your tongue plz.. Don't forget to bite away the chewing gum...

Well, what you actually saying now, is you can make let's say, any of the top5 alliance which you desire #1.. (Or atleast will try) So at the end of the round, the winning alliance will need to thank 1up, for performing there Kingmakers goal. Well for the record, I rather lose a round big time, finishing with 6 roids and no score, then winning a round, where another alliance made me king. So plz, do not pick my alliance as kings.
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 13:09   #52
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
No brush, do it with your tongue plz.. Don't forget to bite away the chewing gum...
So plz, do not pick my alliance as kings.
With pleasure.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 17:32   #53
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

looks like we have a 10.5 situation again, Mistu gladly settling for the #2 spot as its less work and keeps you comfy with no actual fighting....

Tho the LCH pr is gold, "lets hit #5 they are evil and have a fair chance" stop kidding yourself...

Towards Thunder, a kingmaker can only work if there are some heirs around, atm it looks like every other alliance bar LCH would rather kick ppl to lower their score instead of finding their balls to go for the crown themself.

In such a situation i can see why 1up are desperate which of the cowards would be justified to receive the crown? Not an easy decision to be made....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 18:25   #54
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Tho the LCH pr is gold, "lets hit #5 they are evil and have a fair chance" stop kidding yourself...
lol?
I find it difficult to find this "LCH pr" between all the 1ups whining that ALL alliances should go/continue to aim at LCH tbh.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 22:56   #55
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX
lol?
I find it difficult to find this "LCH pr" between all the 1ups whining that ALL alliances should go/continue to aim at LCH tbh.
Its more that they request those ppl who settled for the "top5" should make a run for their money and try to win this game instead of jerking around and seeing how one (note one not lch in particular) runs off while everyone watches in awe and acts totally surprised when its too late.
Thats called pointing out responsibilities not whining.

Atm PA looks like a formula 1 race where only 1 team tries to win, while the rest just tries to survive all rounds no matter where they land.

edit: its natural that the top dog gets the most incomings in a random round, he tries to win, what do you exspect ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 00:00   #56
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Its more that they request those ppl who settled for the "top5" should make a run for their money and try to win this game instead of jerking around and seeing how one (note one not lch in particular) runs off while everyone watches in awe and acts totally surprised when its too late.
Thats called pointing out responsibilities not whining.

Atm PA looks like a formula 1 race where only 1 team tries to win, while the rest just tries to survive all rounds no matter where they land.

edit: its natural that the top dog gets the most incomings in a random round, he tries to win, what do you exspect ?
off course its logical that the leading alliance attracts more incomming I was more refering to the fact that I havent seen any LCH representative (nor member really) posting on these forums urging other alliances to hit particular other alliances.

While on the other hand you cant open a recent thread without atleast half a dozen 1up members urging everyone to bring down the number 1. I can see their point but imo theyre the ones overdoing the PR.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 08:29   #57
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

eh that reply of yours made no sense, you say that it should be logical that the leading alliance gets chased by the whole pack cause of their position and next you complain about "1up" telling everyone to do the logical thing before its too late?

Whats wrong about that, thats what the game is all about, hitting the guys above you to climb up? Compared to the idea published in this thread "hit someone else cause of some non existant paranoia while the topdog pulls away and scores the win" is rather "funny" and not very logical.

I made the PR connection to LCH cause wassaa admitted to post "pro LCH" and furthermore taking his personal history into account.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 11:03   #58
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So plz, do not pick my alliance as kings.
Who's to say that 1up haven't picked 1up?
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 11:37   #59
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 LCH 104191 99 1.925.504 190.624.931
2 MISTU 76627 92 1.611.281 148.237.883
3 Howling Rain 75168 99 1.438.440 142.405.643
4 NewDawn 75265 95 1.401.296 133.123.198
5 1up 63943 66 1.979.634 130.655.892
ok...lets call it as we see it....

currently there is a 42 million score gap between LCH and MISTU.. remember last round when u all complained that nobody stopped 1up till it was 2 late?? well guess what...its gonna happen again

imho LCH are in more danger (at this stage) of running away with the round than 1up

case rested

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:14   #60
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX
off course its logical that the leading alliance attracts more incomming I was more refering to the fact that I havent seen any LCH representative (nor member really) posting on these forums urging other alliances to hit particular other alliances.

While on the other hand you cant open a recent thread without atleast half a dozen 1up members urging everyone to bring down the number 1. I can see their point but imo theyre the ones overdoing the PR.
This is in a thread however where a former Lch HC tries to persuade other alliances to keep up the pressure against 1up and don't get tricked by their evil propaganda to fight the top dogs instead..
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:23   #61
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And we will.....

I hope 1up is gonna try and start there role as kingmakers pretty soon. Till now nothing has been done. Only common attacking on the #1 LCH and #1 in roids Mistu which is normal and done every round. I haven't seen this Kingmakers role yet, and do hope it's still to come. I like wars, I don't mind my alliance/gal to get hit and I don't mind blocking vs the #1. Mistu plays it their way atm, so if 1up wants to be the Kingmakers, get started..
Maybe we've allready decided Lch is the ones deserving victory? The way I personally think are: I'd like to change the universe, but there is no better ways to change it. It is like an election where all the candidates stinks.
[1up]
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:32   #62
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
I'm calling it based on average member score. It shows a significant aspect - activity. You can cover your bases with a large number of members, but what's more reliable, 50 guaranteed active members or 80 up in the air members?

LCH are hardly running away with anything.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:38   #63
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
[1up]

IMPOSTER!!!!!!!!!!111111111111eleven

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:49   #64
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
LCH are hardly running away with anything.
Nope, they're not running away with it, they're walking at an elderly lady's pace and no one's man enough to steal her walker!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 15:33   #65
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Who's to say that 1up haven't picked 1up?
I believe Sid used something similar to the term 'we are not playing to be kings'?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 15:54   #66
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I believe Sid used something similar to the term 'we are not playing to be kings'?
Since when does anyone take Sid's political statements at face value?
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 17:02   #67
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
Nope, they're not running away with it, they're walking at an elderly lady's pace and no one's man enough to steal her walker!
[1up]
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 20:00   #68
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Tbh u must be blind to overlook the fact that lch are winning the round atm.
seeing 1up as a larger treat is just stupid
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 21:14   #69
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
Tbh u must be blind to overlook the fact that lch are winning the round atm.
seeing 1up as a larger treat is just stupid
I think the operative word here is "insufferable". We'd never hear the end of a 1up victory.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 21:51   #70
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Since when does anyone take Sid's political statements at face value?
Since he tells the truth. Something which many HC can attest too with their dealings with him over every round.

Nice tag.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 21:55   #71
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
I think the operative word here is "insufferable". We'd never hear the end of a 1up victory.
LOL ;D

So, instead of trying to make the round interesting again via focusing on the alliance that`s running away, let`s take out the alliance nowhere near the top position becuase "they might laugh at us if they somehow manage to overcome all odds & win in a round they werent even aiming to win"

classic:D:D:D
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 21:56   #72
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
LOL ;D

So, instead of trying to make the round interesting again via focusing on the alliance that`s running away, let`s take out the alliance nowhere near the top position becuase "they might laugh at us if they somehow manage to overcome all odds & win in a round they werent even aiming to win"

classic
Precisely ;-)
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 22:04   #73
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
Precisely ;-)
It's people like you that Planetarion nolonger needs. We broke the block wars and the last two rounds have been significantly more interesting as a result.

Always a pleasure Eol.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 22:29   #74
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
It's people like you that Planetarion nolonger needs. We broke the block wars and the last two rounds have been significantly more interesting as a result.

Always a pleasure Eol.

For all intents and purposes, you're probably right. I offered a mere observation, not advocacy, in this case - a possible explanation of current events. I'm in truth not that involved anymore - except to stir some shit about now and then on AD for my own amusement.

Don't feed the trolls ;-)

BTW, in all honesty, I am impressed at the politics of this round - I had scarecely imagined it possible that we'd not have some sort of widespread polarization in PA. Whether that is solely 1up's achievement is imho not so clearcut as it seems some 1up advocates would like to indicate here on AD... After all restraint is required by all parties involved.

But I will give you credit where credit is due - this round would probably have seen greater polarization had not the apparent threat of 1up been kept low by self-imposed restrictions and "noble" goals. And you've kept within the restrictions you have set yourself - also commendable. I believe my general trolling has been on the lines that I don't buy that you're quite as good-hearted as is often boasted here. Had you a chance to grab the #1 alliance spot this round, within the limits of your self-imposed limitations of course, (which may still happen, you never know), then I doubt you would have that many qualms about doing so. Because in that position the only way you could be kingmakers would be mass deletion, and that I think would not happen.

I don't see why this makes me a type of player Planetarion no longer needs. (But then, I wouldn't, now would I? ;-)

Always a pleasure, Zh|l.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 22:36   #75
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:

Always a pleasure Eol.

I disagree. I think this round is rather boring, as was last round. Tbh the last interesting round wad PAX when there where actually 4 alliances beating the crap out of each other till almost the end.

Whats so interesting about
10.5 fang runsway
11 1up runs away
12 lch runs way

Taking credit for breaking the block wars means nothing as there hasnt been an interesting round since.

If you honestly want to make this round interesting, recruit to 100, and take on lch head to head, as all the other alliances in this game are just to big of pu**ies to do it.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 23:18   #76
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think this round has been very interesting so far.

PaX was fun to start with but it died out near the end when FAnG collapsed, and due to the setup of the game making it bloody difficult to efficiently attack anyone.

If LCH get pegged back, then this could be really interesting, if alliances have the balls to go for them that is!
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 23:52   #77
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
If you honestly want to make this round interesting, recruit to 100, and take on lch head to head, as all the other alliances in this game are just to big of pu**ies to do it.
lol so true. I find it amazing how the alliances fail to see the obvious similarities between this round and last round. Last round 1up started off by out roiding everyone at the start, and beginning to gain a lead on their competitors. A few weeks into the round people decided to do something about it, and after a week or two of constant pressure was able to bring 1up even with and a little below the former #2 (then LCH). However what happened next was everyone said "ok jobs done" and then ignored 1up for the rest of the round. 1up then went about killing those below them, saving LCH (the #2) for last.

Near the exact same thing has happened this round. LCH started off by gaining a sizeable lead over MISTU. Then everyone decided to do something about it (or merely retaliate) and brough LCH down a few pegs to the point where they were about even with the #2. Then, just like last round, everyone began to ignore LCH. "jobs done, lets go home now." It is that type of attitude that has allowed LCH to begin doing what 1up did last round. Regain a sizeable lead and start off by trying to eliminate alliances from the bottom up. They are no doubt saving MISTU and HR for a whipping behind the woodshed until after they have taken out the competition below them.

If alliances want to prove that they actually have the ability to LEARN from their mistakes, then prove it! Dont let LCH run away with the round, bring them down to the same level as everyone else again. NO I am not advocating bashing LCH into oblivion, I am advocating taking them down to the level of everyone else. Then you can make your own move for the top, and if MISTU starts to pull away...bring them down to the level of everyone else.

Alliances these days need to grow some balls.
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 09:32   #78
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
I disagree. I think this round is rather boring, as was last round. Tbh the last interesting round wad PAX when there where actually 4 alliances beating the crap out of each other till almost the end.

10.5 fang runsway
11 1up runs away
12 lch runs way

Taking credit for breaking the block wars means nothing as there hasnt been an interesting round since.

What makes it more fun is the fact the round isn't decided at the first 2 weeks.. Some rounds where there have been blocks have been made fun because of actions taken that round and such.. But most often one side will get the advantage at one point and win very early.. Got kinda boring. Whomever runs away with the round will do so after a good while of fighting.
[1up]
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 12:05   #79
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

currently there is a 42 million score gap between LCH and MISTU.. remember last round when u all complained that nobody stopped 1up till it was 2 late?? well guess what...its gonna happen again

imho LCH are in more danger (at this stage) of running away with the round than 1up

case rested
Might wanna tell that to your Mil HC...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 12:24   #80
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

10.5 fang runsway
11 1up runs away
12 lch runs way

in round 10.5 it was fang, mistu and phraktos at the start - VERY different imo compared with last round. And also this round is far more fluid.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 13:13   #81
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

looks like ND and HR finally took action and stop LCH from growing a bit (lost 8% roids in one night).

go on! makes the round more interesting
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 14:15   #82
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

YES! ND + HR did it all on their own
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 14:20   #83
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
looks like ND and HR finally took action and stop LCH from growing a bit (lost 8% roids in one night).

go on! makes the round more interesting

ND have been aiming particularly at LCH for a while afaik, though through the most passive of measures; simply going for LCH heavy gals

As for those attackers, my jump gate probes identified ships from 1up, NewDawn, Tides of Fire, VisioN, Vengeance and DeadlyRock. However, my intel is stupidly inaccurate, sorry if I missed anyone (I'm guessing HR were there somewhere... and maybe MISTU grew some political balls?), or put someone who wasn't there. All I can say is though, congrats for having some balls

ND took some heavy hits this morning too, seemed like LCH/VsN/Mistu incs. Again, my intel is teh shit.
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 15:27   #84
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

TBH the main goal shud be for all allies to actually end in a high position ie top 10 or winning the round.. but what i can never understand is why allies hit alliances that are no where near there rank. For example last round allies not even in the top 10 got talked into hitting the 1st alliance 1up.. why? What would that achieive? Apart from making the allie below it go 1st instead.. perhaps every allie in the top 10 shud stop this allied attacking on top allies and just hit the allies that are either right up ur rear or the one above you.. the idea should be not to actually just sit there 'trying' to take out the top alliance it should be, for you as a HC or a member or an officer to actually help your allie move up the rank boards.. you wont achive this by sitting there attacking an alliance thats 4 positions away from you for example.

Now Waassaa as far as i can see i dont see what your trying to achive here in this thread that you have created apart from getting people to shout at each other. Your claiming that alliances are being manipulated by 1up to attack the top alliance (ie ur ex allie which you was HC of) but instead you come on here and try to get them to team up on 1up instead? isnt that exactly the same?

Then you read all of these other comments and makes me wonder if you guys should stop moaning and just concentrate on getting your alliance higher then it is. Instead of joining up with another allie to hit one 4 positions up. Mistu should be attacking HR for instance to get second, then once that is achived go after 1st. Same goes for all allies as TOF should target SIN as SIN are above them.. this is how i think anyway... but this bashing one allie that you know you wouldnt be able to get near is just stupuid. And btw i do congrat 1up as i know they are doing great this round as they are a great bunch of hardcore players and tbh i havent really saw them manipulate much this round, they just play the game. But perhaps this moaning could now stop?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 15:48   #85
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The #1 alliance has allot of score, attacking planets with allot of score gives you allot of xp. Allot of xp gives you allot of score. Allot of score gives you, well a better rank. :-)
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 16:00   #86
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

True but ofc if everyone keeps doing that the universe dont move

p3nguin Founder
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 18:05   #87
Gate
;D!

By that reasoning, it was down to MISTU (Well, the MVV block) to do something... and MISTU seemed to have settled for second place. LCH would have run off with the round, and the round would stagnate.

And it still will, if a lot of alliances don't bring LCH down by another 20k or so roids!
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 19:02   #88
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Instead of joining up with another allie to hit one 4 positions up. Mistu should be attacking HR for instance to get second, then once that is achived go after 1st. Same goes for all allies as TOF should target SIN as SIN are above them.. this is how i think anyway... but this bashing one allie that you know you wouldnt be able to get near is just stupuid. And btw i do congrat 1up as i know they are doing great this round as they are a great bunch of hardcore players and tbh i havent really saw them manipulate much this round, they just play the game. But perhaps this moaning could now stop?
oke so what you saying how can that work, if mistu hits hr then hr should hit lch what must lch do nothing just getting killed or also go at hr ?
so this isn't a good idea if you asked me :|
same if you say tof fights sin then sin on vgn but vgn on wp
I think what sin and rock did was good just 1 vs 1
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 19:11   #89
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
snip
In this post Assassin shows why we never invited him for games of Risk after awhile

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 20:55   #90
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post Assassin. But as usual I disagree with what other people write.

There's not much to gain by attacking the alliance 1 rank up. So you might end one place higher. Who will remember what place you finished next round if it wasn't in the top3? You will remember whether you had fun.
To have fun rounds should not stagnate. You can help preventing that. And when in a small alliance it's realy exciting to take part in a big attack on a big alliance.
Finally if you team up with a big alliance there is an advantage as well: that big alliance will NAP you in return (or at least avoid hitting you). That besides the chance of big roids and XP to gain (which today actually was the case as enough people were hitting LCH today).

edit: I forgot about HC ego's. HCs want their alliance to make a difference. Play with the big guys. Be taken serious. They feel important if the bigger alliances have relations with them. Whether hostile or friendly.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 22:06   #91
Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
The #1 alliance has allot of score, attacking planets with allot of score gives you allot of xp. Allot of xp gives you allot of score. Allot of score gives you, well a better rank. :-)
score means absolutely nothing when calculating XP.

Near as I can tell the XP formula is roughly : 10 * Roids_capped * (Target_VALUE / your_VALUE)

take note that value modifier is capped at 2 for the highest.

Score means nothing when calculating XP, only the value of the target in relation to your value.
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 22:19   #92
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix

Near as I can tell the XP formula is roughly : 10 * Roids_capped * (Target_VALUE / your_VALUE)

Score means nothing when calculating XP, only the value of the target in relation to your value.
Helix right again. Attacking planets with a bigger value in relation to yours gives you higher score as an end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 03:21   #93
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix

The point still stands tho. Change score with value and everyone is happy! :-)
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 03:40   #94
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

waassaa go drown yourself you moron
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 09:37   #95
Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
The point still stands tho. Change score with value and everyone is happy! :-)
lch doesn't necessarily have much more value than any other alliance though, it could just mean that they have much more XP, and therefore more score.

I know there are people with the same value as me but 2-3x the score, LCH is only 0.3x the score of other alliances, not entirely improbable that they are not #1 in value.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 13:39   #96
Treveler

Yeah but when you look at an alliance as a whole, I`m pretty sure that evens out. They have, by far, been #1 on roids now for many weeks, and unless they have had a collective shutdown and not researched HC`s, my guess would be that they are #1 on value too.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:04   #97
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henck
oke so what you saying how can that work, if mistu hits hr then hr should hit lch what must lch do nothing just getting killed or also go at hr ?
so this isn't a good idea if you asked me :|
same if you say tof fights sin then sin on vgn but vgn on wp
I think what sin and rock did was good just 1 vs 1
I said hit allies to the left or right of you.. so lch would hit HR to stop them from gaining. But last nite LCH targeted some ROCK planets last nite.. now what the heck does that achive? Apart from 'easy roids' from a top allie.

And SIn didnt fight ROCK alone btw.. WP also attacked ROCK at the same time which wasnt to good. I agree not to let LCH run away with the round.. but dont just keep trying to attack them all the time it wont achive anything.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:05   #98
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Since he tells the truth. Something which many HC can attest too with their dealings with him over every round.
I'm not saying Sid is dishonest. I've never read an instance where he's been dishonest.

Sid's "honesty is the best policy" transends into "the best policy for my alliance is cooperation with yours" which often involves "cooperation by you handing over your roids at my text-based ship's guns, beww beww beww!!!!"

I would say Sid was genuinely honest in political movements, such as Round 3's debacle.

Quote:
Nice tag.
Thanks for accepting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
waassaa go drown yourself you moron
Thanks for gurgling up your usual bile in yet another thread!
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:05   #99
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
In this post Assassin shows why we never invited him for games of Risk after awhile
I neva played them thats why

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 20:42   #100
Helix

Quote:
I said hit allies to the left or right of you.. so lch would hit HR to stop them from gaining.
You do realize what you are posting / advocating then is complete and utter garbage. You are saying that the #3 should attack the #2 and the #1 should attack the #2. This means that the #1 alliance, the strongest alliance, is only being attacked by one alliance, which is not only weaker than them, but is also recieving double the incoming of any other alliance.

Stop talking out of your arse, you obviously have no clue about anything pertaining to strategy/war/politics.