User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Oct 2004, 00:51   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
What interests u?

If I cba to write for the newsletter stuff, what would you be interested in hearing about?

Performance of alliance?
How each alliance works?
History?
Something else?

Give me some ideas and I will 'make it happen'.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 01:28   #2
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What interests u?

Hobbie is a father now, maybe you can write something about that

And were did Kain Rowd go? These boards miss him..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 01:32   #3
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Hobbie is a father now, maybe you can write something about that

And were did Kain Rowd go? These boards miss him..
Kain Rowd declared some love for me, and during that sniper incident in the US he 'disappeared'. We never saw him again.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 01:39   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you had married Sid?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 03:37   #5
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
If I cba to write for the newsletter stuff, what would you be interested in hearing about?

Performance of alliance?
How each alliance works?
History?
Something else?

Give me some ideas and I will 'make it happen'.
performance IF u can maintain a completely unbiased view

history maybe, of rounds and alliances

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 04:20   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
performance IF u can maintain a completely unbiased view
Why did you even bother asking?

Strategy articles. Good ones. Worth listening to. That don't just say 'be more active, join a better alliance'.
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 05:24   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, strategy articles.

Nobody cares about alliance history...most everyone left already knows, and doesn't care.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 05:25   #8
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

How each alliance works, in depth would be good. Or about people who many do not know, and thier history. In depth would be good also.
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 06:59   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

One of my interests is the complete termination of AOL-speak and other retarded internet abreviations and torturement of the guilty parties.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 09:06   #10
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well mainly about History and perhaps about great wars/battles

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 09:41   #11
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

How about some facts behind some of the myths or Stories behind some of the PA histories ?

Killmarks bot army for example - how did he do it ? How long before he was discovered ?

Dingo coming back to NoS ending up with a breakaway movement in Round 5 ? why did he come back ? why did some people feel they had to break away rather than stay ?

The truths behind Fury and Legion dropping some of their alliance partners rather than declare war on each other ? - were they too scared to attack each other thus hurting their own positions or were there other things behind it ?

How someone infiltrated an other alliance.
How coords lists in the past escaped.
How someone caught a spy in their alliance.

I appreciate that some long term players will already no the answers to these and Im not looking for answers.To any of these questions personally. So please no one respond by saying what happened in these incidents.

It may be that some newer players could learn by some of the things that happened in History and it could make interesting and occassionally controversial reading. If there are two sides to a story, and the participants to that story are still around, perhaps you could interview both parties to give their point of view of the events.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 11:08   #12
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I would really like to hear more about the early develoment of the community in the betas and the very first round. Who was the first to create an alliance, how many was irc active the first round, how many played the first round? Who was the major names and are some of them still playing?

It could be nice to know! :-)
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 11:58   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Strategic stories and alliance performance if you idd can remain unbiassed which will be damn hard cause I know I couldn't ...

Maybe have some interesting topic which you use each week and let, let's say 2-3 individuals, have their opinion about? That way you might get to know the person instead of the "IRC char" and well, you don't need to know his PA history etc ...

Maybe do some dual interviews? e.g. the HC of 2 fighting alliances and let them both do their story in a discussion with you as moderator etc...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 14:07   #14
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

I'd say "go for it" on the alliance history, but to be frank, it'll never get done.*

*Accurately.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 18:22   #15
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Performance of alliance?
How each alliance works?
History?
Something else?
Maybe a mixture of all 3 would be cool cool being my first full round back for a while i would like to find out more about some of the other allies. Maybe start at ally rank #1 and work down ?
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote