User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2004, 04:12   #1
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough
Tv

I thought I'd post this seeing as it isn't every day Planetarion gets mentioned on the telly, although if you think it is worthless then get a mod to delete it .

Those of you who stay up late at night in the UK might have flicked on the baseball on Channel 5 (or five as it is called now) from time to time. They do games on Sunday night (more like Monday morning) and Wednesday night (more like Thursday morning). Each week they do a fantasy baseball update on this league - http://www.fantasybaseballuk.com - which the presenters take part in. They give the Top 3 teams from each week and chat a little about the league.

It so happens that, through a mixture of luck and more luck, my team managed to come Joint 1st for last week. It was thus so that, this past Wednesday night, their name, the Planetarion Padres , was read out on national telly.

You can read more about my monumental (cough) achievement here :
http://www.fantasybaseballuk.com/fantasy_news.php
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 08:55   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Tv

\o/ Covert advertising
if only you put in the web address in the team name too
Still - nicely done

Rofl something else i spotted - " Round up Number 11 "
coincidence?
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 09:44   #3
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

people in teh UK care about baseball?

wtf?

----

in a slightly-related, but-ok-not-really tangent....

who knew we had a cricket team?!

Last edited by Tis; 11 Sep 2004 at 09:52.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 09:50   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

not really - which is why its on C5 late at night
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 11:55   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

and that is also why nerds who play Planetarion/work for Jolt can win :P

(just having some fun, nothing personal biffy :P)

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 16:28   #6
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

Nah it is fair comment , I only got into it because I happened to flick it on one night when channel surfing on a short break from working at around 2am in the morning.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 21:52   #7
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Nhl > Nba Go Avs Go!