User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2011, 17:02   #51
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Does anybody remember what alliance first used a 'Wing' system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
How could iRC make you lose intrest? Its the probably the best way to communicate effectively on the game. Unless you prefered to dress up in your general's uniform and video call on msn
Well I didn't have a generals uniform but I just happened to think the game was better played from within itself. I am not saying that IRC did not prove itself to be a more effective tool to amass many players but I am old skool and preferred it when you used your galaxy board to rally your troops and used the internal message system to get a few more allies involved.

I found IRC distracting, as the founder of a huge alliance I would spend most of my evenings chit chatting to all and sundry and not getting involbed in many battles!!

Also, for those in the know I also founded TOKI - Those oF Killer Instincts that was going to destroy the big three in rounds 2.3 and 4 (cant quite remember)

Oh the good old days!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 13:07   #52
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester View Post
Well I didn't have a generals uniform but I just happened to think the game was better played from within itself. I am not saying that IRC did not prove itself to be a more effective tool to amass many players but I am old skool and preferred it when you used your galaxy board to rally your troops and used the internal message system to get a few more allies involved.

I found IRC distracting, as the founder of a huge alliance I would spend most of my evenings chit chatting to all and sundry and not getting involbed in many battles!!

Also, for those in the know I also founded TOKI - Those oF Killer Instincts that was going to destroy the big three in rounds 2.3 and 4 (cant quite remember)

Oh the good old days!
Never would I have thought, the days prior to IRC be called the good old days
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2011, 22:17   #53
WWToo

WWToo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Suicide Kings but can't really remember anything about it
WWToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2011, 02:18   #54
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy View Post
Fury / Wrath, cant say that it didnt work well
I think Lokken more refers to an alliance made up of wings in it's very core structure doing well.

Fury was never a wing alliance. Wrath was just a neccessity post r4 and as I've posted before the recruitment methods of other alliances is what inspired it's structure and discipline.

In a way, the effectiveness of Xanadu in their wing use should also be credited to my vision of Wrath in r5 as it proved a significant military asset at the time.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2011, 06:36   #55
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Seconded. Although I was also much younger, which was no doubt the main factor in this, I found the game much more immersive when played solely through the browser. I still remember people trying to role play on the galaxy forum! (which while technically homosexual, was quite fun to watch.)
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 02:52   #56
chels
Chelsea Football Club Own

chels is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Been trying to think which alliance first used the wing system for its members, any ideas?? I think it was one of the very early alliances.
Long time since I visited this place fury still kicking a&& ?.
I remember r1 spice girls (SG) they owned that rd and I'm sure they used other alliances to there own gain but as far as I can't remember wraiths were the first wings and legion also had em then as well I might be wrong tho , damn I can't believe me log in worked , Fury rocking ya
chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 03:07   #57
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I can't remember playing, and not using IRC as the main source of communication with alliance members... there was certainly more in-game activity with private messages from planet to planet, and also more threats from bigger planets pre round 4 or so, but we used IRC even in TGS when I joined 2-3 weeks into round 1 (iirc)
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 03:26   #58
chels

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post
I can't remember playing, and not using IRC as the main source of communication with alliance members... there was certainly more in-game activity with private messages from planet to planet, and also more threats from bigger planets pre round 4 or so, but we used IRC even in TGS when I joined 2-3 weeks into round 1 (iirc)
I alway used irc hence the 11 post now lmao
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 03:26   #59
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:

Oh the good old days!
Old skool noobs I guess...
Most of the relevant alliance stuff was on IRC from right at the beginning. By mid round 1 at the latest, most major groups were hanging out on quakenet.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 03:37   #60
chels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis View Post
Old skool noobs I guess...
Most of the relevant alliance stuff was on IRC from right at the beginning. By mid round 1 at the latest, most major groups were hanging out on quakenet.
I don't remember ever using the galaxy thread, I do remember using em for defence till we all grew strong enough to tag our galaxies up, and the round my gal won, i got a top five finsh , when singularity came first was last time I pld , all being in the same gal if I remember with your mates was proper cool at the time and we owned, I even remember kicking SIDS assssss on a game of chess around that time I think wp started and next round they owned but I was not playing then just hanging out, this games got good memories , mainly via chat programme the banter was good , random guys begging daily to stop p m s l have fun all
Unread 14 Mar 2011, 15:09   #61
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point

The Empire, round 1. No question about it. It is where I started.