User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 08:53   #51
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I don't understand why old school players would want to join 1up, I don't see the challenge.

Playing with the same old band who you know are a successful combination seems pretty pointless to me.

Personal view of mine, fire away.
better the devil you know, than the unknown
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 09:36   #52
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't understand why old school players would want to join 1up, I don't see the challenge.

Playing with the same old band who you know are a successful combination seems pretty pointless to me.

They do that becuase they cant be bothered to actually make a challenge out of the game. Plus define 'old school' players.. becuase there is a lot of the Players that used to always be top in the early rounds that havent returned. it wud be more interesting if they did return and apposed players like 1up.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 11:19   #53
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
They do that becuase they cant be bothered to actually make a challenge out of the game. Plus define 'old school' players.. becuase there is a lot of the Players that used to always be top in the early rounds that havent returned. it wud be more interesting if they did return and apposed players like 1up.
You bitter, bitter little man.

They join 1up because 1) they like to know their allies will be competent and they wont be stuck carrying the weight for a lot of useless jackasses. 2) they know the HC and their reputation for getting things done, and for keeping members in line and working together and 3) 1up vs the Universe was and is an incredible challenge, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

As for others coming back and challenging us. That would be great!
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 13:06   #54
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree with that view, there's little to no challenge to it. But well, most there are friends and stick with them for those reasons. And then ofc we got those who only want a top planet score, what better alliance to be in then 1up to achieve that?

And what Tis said aswell, pple rather settle for something they know is quality (both players as command).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 15:58   #55
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ROFL

The internet continues to deliver!

On topic, a couple of points:

1] Aiming to disintegrate one single alliance only is a sure-fire way to not aim for the top rank! The magical secret 1up have is their ability to do the basics damn well - defend, attack, repeat. Be active, roid well, defend well and use your military force to remove your most relevant threats (heh), then success will follow.

2] The only extra comforts old-skool newbs have from joining 1up is the assurance that they will be controlled by the best HC in the game, in noobelaar and Sid and the ability to rely on your fellow members and not expect bumbling retards to undermine or ruin your hard work during the round, though we all are generally too paranoid and do the extra mile ourselves anyway.

3] Going 1up is definitely without challenges. Personally, If I wanted to play with random people who I had no information of I'd just play a different game rather than going against the majority of your friends for the sake of a 'challenge', when being in 1up itself is a challenge. Every part of the game still needs catering for.

PS What the hell were you expecting to get from making this thread? Why don't you just release your filled arbiter+military plans to the whole PA world next time too.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 21:24   #56
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
You bitter, bitter little man.

They join 1up because 1) they like to know their allies will be competent and they wont be stuck carrying the weight for a lot of useless jackasses. 2) they know the HC and their reputation for getting things done, and for keeping members in line and working together and 3) 1up vs the Universe was and is an incredible challenge, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

First im not bitter. Tis i saw 3 people leave my allie to join you guys after them getting raided just once. now to me that shows cowardness. It shows that there not just leaving to be ran by better HC's as you put (which sounds like complete arrogence btw) but there also taking the 'easy' way out as it were. plus it wasnt the Universe Vs 1up though was it? if you recall you had ND on your side last round, plus your allie virtually allied with every planets in the top 100 in the first round. Seems to me people forget the fact 1ups whole goal was to actually play as a SOLO alliance.. but under all the propaganda about being solo it was false. But i have said this all before and it got slaughtered so i cant be bothered to keep going on about this. And i do know that you guys work hard, i worked with some of your command in Eclipse, plus a lot of your members in VtS, no doubt your a great allie, but dont try to make out that 'some' of your members dont just take the easy way out and then critize allies like the one im trying to make better (ROCK) people can crtize that ROCK and other allies rnt exactly to 1ups standard, but when you have players that preffer to sit in an allie they know full well can always get them defence to me thats taking the easy way out.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 22:20   #57
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

For everyone saying 1up players take the easy way out, that is complete rubbish.

1up are skilled, dedicated and are generally the best collective team there are in this game at the moment. Do you think they achieve high scores and good results by having their HCs/MOs do everything for them? Yes, the HC team are of an amazing calibre but so are the players. The alliance moves like clockwork, but the players get back as much as they put in, which is clearly alot.

Its not the easy way out, its just an alliance that gives back to everyone else, because the levels of commitment from the players mean that everyone is rewarded when necessary and the HC will discard those who don't pull their weight.

Last edited by The Real Arfy; 12 Feb 2005 at 22:26.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 23:38   #58
Assassin
PA Ancient

Arfy wud you see it more of a challenge to play the game in an allie thats got less skilled officers/HC teams then in one thats highly respected for there skills ect. I said before and ill say it again 1up are one of the best allies, they have proven themsevles 2 rounds now im not saying anything to disrespect them. I have worked with most of them, i have great respect for zhil, mazz even Sid. But remmember arfy as soon as 1up decided to start recruiting everyone ran to them and abandoned there alliances (the members that had ones at the time however) I will neva respect that. I couldnt even count how many times people have judged me on my alliance list/history within this game.. calling me an alliance hopper ect. But what they need to realize 3 quaters of my alliance list have disbanded when i was with them so of course i had to leave them, but for people that left there allies just to join 1up and its new high profile i feel shudnt be respected as good players.

I would get more satisfaction now if i was a 1up player leaving 1up after proving that 1up have won 2 rounds now and going into a smaller less populated allie under the propaganda. And then if i could once again get into the top 10 i would be more proud doing that then sticking with an allie thats got nothing more to prove. Thats just how i feel. I was offered to join 1up, it was last round but i guess i thought well ive bin there before and worked with the best, those days i guess are behind me. I Still think it brings more satisfaction as a player, even if i get my ass wooped, to know i gave it my all in an alliance thats not highly respected as 1up is. And to go back to what u said Arfy i didnt state all players in 1up are taking the easy way out, just some. I beleive people like Jerome were taking the easy way out... plus i just cant stand his arrogence. PA Players that are good and can still compliment you after a battle are good players, players with honour, players that just laugh at you or your allie for making an effort in the game are players that i wud call jackasses and players without any honour.

Anyway back to the point of this topic i think its a stupuid idea to all attack 1up, that wudnt get anyone anywhere as ppl have said above in the thread ^^

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 12 Feb 2005 at 23:49.
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 00:49   #59
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
But remmember arfy as soon as 1up decided to start recruiting everyone ran to them and abandoned there alliances (the members that had ones at the time however) I will neva respect that.
Do you honestly think that we recruited everyone who came running? We never had more than 69 members (if I remember correctly), and I asure you passing that number would not have been a problem if we really wanted to.

Quote:
And to go back to what u said Arfy i didnt state all players in 1up are taking the easy way out, just some. I beleive people like Jerome were taking the easy way out...
I can asure you R12 was not an easy round. We did win, but only due to every single one of our members giving it their absolute best. In reality, we are a really sad bunch with no life whatsoever. We dedicate everything to our alliance and it pays of. If you decided to call that easy and not fun, be my guest. I will disagree. I myself quit an entire year of school to dedicate myself to 1up, and Im having the time of my life.

On another note, Jernub taking the easy way out? Lol. R12 he didnt really play, he was just there and was on the no-def list at his own request. R11 he worked his ass of, putting in more hours to his player than most have ever done, so dont go juding people when you dont have the info required to do so.

Quote:
Anyway back to the point of this topic i think its a stupuid idea to all attack 1up, that wudnt get anyone anywhere as ppl have said above in the thread ^^
Finaly you are making some sense. Play the damn game, give it your best. Play fair and play with honor. Be proud no matter what your planet looks like in the end. My planet was trashed so badly last round it wouldnt even qualify as a dumpster for galactical waste, yet I am proud of what I achived until that happend and I am proud of my efforts as an MO.

On a final note, winning at all cost is something I will never aprove of. I will rather lose with my head held high, than win in shame. I hope I have proven that through my last few rounds, I know some of the people who hated me changed their minds.

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 01:50   #60
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I think this thread can be nicely summed up with one abbrevation:

"lol."

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 03:40   #61
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
First im not bitter.
If you say so.
Quote:
Tis i saw 3 people leave my allie to join you guys after them getting raided just once. now to me that shows cowardness. It shows that there not just leaving to be ran by better HC's as you put (which sounds like complete arrogence btw) but there also taking the 'easy' way out as it were.
Not knowing the circumstances I cant really comment, except to say few people who are content with their alliance and how it is run leave after getting roided just once. 1up members get roided all the time in fact (ask jerome`), and those few who defect are typically late rounders after the war has been decided. As for arrogance, I was essentially nothing more than a latenight scanner last round, albeit with abusive powers in the public channel. As stated by others, the HC team that everyone respects so much is Sid and Mazz. I'm just there for the entertainment.
Quote:
plus it wasnt the Universe Vs 1up though was it? if you recall you had ND on your side last round, plus your allie virtually allied with every planets in the top 100 in the first round.
Seems to me people forget the fact 1ups whole goal was to actually play as a SOLO alliance.. but under all the propaganda about being solo it was false.
Both of these issues have been utterly beaten to death. I KNOW you're not stupid. Our agreement with ND was no more than certain other alliances already had. Hell we could have allied half the universe if we wanted to, the 'no allies' statement was clearly a one round deal. Did you READ the thread after round 11 that listed 'napped' planets? If i recall correctly, no more than half the non-1up t100 planets were 'napped', and ALL of those were in 1up gals (with the possible exception of perhaps 1 or 2 who who got theirs in exchange for offering to spy, but I dont think those made t100). A "nap" is the natural state of any planet in a 1up gal, until they choose to give it up by becoming blatantly hostile to 1up. What incentive did we have to bash our own galm8s who didnt attack us? As for them being a large percentage of the top 100, of course they were at the END, after we won, we'd f-ing raped everyone else, they were the only ones left. Back towards the middle of the round, they made up a much smaller percentage (much like 1up itself) because there was still a significant hostile presence in the top 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asassin
but dont try to make out that 'some' of your members dont just take the easy way out and then critize allies like the one im trying to make better (ROCK) people can crtize that ROCK and other allies rnt exactly to 1ups standard, but when you have players that preffer to sit in an allie they know full well can always get them defence to me thats taking the easy way out.
I dont think its really a critisizing ROCK to say they arent up to 1ups standards yet, thats simply fact. Not either good or bad, just fact.

I really dont think its an easy way out. 1up expects more from its members than any other alliance, and enforces it. I recognize your point about the percieved security of 1up, but it is really quite fictional. I think just about every 1up member got roided more than once last round, some dozens of times. What a 1up member is getting isnt guaranteed security, its a guarantee that their fellow members and command will be working their asses off, just as he or she is. That is something I dont think any other current alliance offers, what with dead weight newbies, three-fleeters, and HC who refuse to fight their own wars. Certainly not to the same extent.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 03:59   #62
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie
I think this thread can be nicely summed up with one abbrevation:

"lol."
thats a nice sumup, and totally correct tbh

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 04:36   #63
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
thats a nice sumup, and totally correct tbh
Except for my post! Mine was ace, right? </beg_for_ego_boost>

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 05:03   #64
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:

I`ve played against Sid and the gang since r4 and the only reason I joined 1up was to see what was so special about Sid. Where did that lojalty come from? I still dont know, I only know that I would go through fire for that man after a few weeks. Thats why 1up is special and thats why 1up will win.

1up win couse of Sid and as long as Sid rund 1up, 1up will end #1.
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 05:08   #65
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I only know that I would go through fire for that man after a few weeks. Thats why 1up is special and thats why 1up will win.1.
I know exactly what you mean. I didnt know what was so special about him either before I joined. Now I know that Sid is the best there is, and the best there ever was. He is a brillaint leader, and a master of logics and politics. And he is inspiering. I quit school for him, and Id do it all over again if I had the chance.

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 05:47   #66
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Sid has proven his skills (political) many times and that’s why his alliances have been on top almost every time…

The question is witch part will follow his lead this time…last round it was ND, Sin, etc….

They proclaimed going alone from start but when LCH went away they called upon the “rest”
and we all know the outcome….

It’s impossible to win a round without some “big” friends and it still
amaze me how they fixed the win without given a big thanks to the planets/alliances them to victory.?

So many HC:s around playing Sid:s game and not getting the big picture……
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 07:33   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
we like playing with friends, surely you understand that, how long were you in tuba?

BlueTuba ceased in round 5 because of our chief concern that continuing to play Planetarion would be detrimental to our community. We have no interest as a group in PA, and we don't need to be allied in PA to be friends on IRC. I'm pleased for every Tuba that gains success, whichever alliance they play for if that's what they chose. Planetarion is no longer our concern as a group and I am pleased that is so - there are other things we are concerned with nowadays. BlueTuba was a never ending struggle against prejudice from the playerbase that I am proud to be a part of, and we cultivated some very solid players from it, and met some good people. Planetarion is a game, friendships exist regardless of what goes on in game. If Zhil had to roid me out of duty for example, I would think nothing of it.

There are a lot of players in 1up who quite frankly have 'been there, done that, got the tshirt' and who seem to believe that if they work as a team against the opposition with Sid in charge that currently exists they'll keep winning. Quite frankly i see this as a pointless, repetitive activity and in fact while it is true that it is a challenge for them and that they have to work hard, that it is a self admission of a belief that a foregone conclusion of their choosing will result. Why play when you see the same people again and again, and find the same inevitable result - baffles me tbh.

For the record, I never expected these views to be accepted in any way. I didn't expect anyone to see them as gospel, nor even to like them. I have a personal view, that obtained from my experiences in PA - no one has to like them or even tolerate them, I just floated them out, simply for the sake of it. If you want me to say something totally abhorrent, I'd say it would have been better had those who joined 1up had gone to alliances round the universe rather than being 1up - the overall playing standard could be arguably higher, and the game certainly more competitive as a whole.

My view is you won't get challengers of suitable calibre - the best players of old who could either can't be bothered, don't want to interfere with other alliances or are simply content and secure in what they've achieved and don't feel the need to play to the maximum of their ability, if at all. My view is there are few who can or are willing to step up to the plate amongst the rest. Unless someone decent comes along, I don't see why you would bother.
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 10:27   #68
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

i wonder what it must feel like if a whole online community keep kissing your ass...
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2005, 13:27   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Sid has proven his skills (political) many times and that’s why his alliances have been on top almost every time…

The question is witch part will follow his lead this time…last round it was ND, Sin, etc….

They proclaimed going alone from start but when LCH went away they called upon the “rest”
and we all know the outcome….

It’s impossible to win a round without some “big” friends and it still
amaze me how they fixed the win without given a big thanks to the planets/alliances them to victory.?

So many HC:s around playing Sid:s game and not getting the big picture……
That's because most Hc's are too fixated on eliminating 1up rather then winning the round. And if you think about it, if you go 200% for winning and don't care about who you should kill, aslong as you kill your biggest threat .... then in the end you would have had to fight 1up nway and you "could" have been able to kill them WHILE planning to win the round.

So it's a win-win situation if HC's start looking at their own alliance and nothing else (given that you have the quality, dedication, loyalty and activity).

But let's face it, 1up scores high on ALL these things yet they are just normal gamers like the rest, so nothing prevents your alliance to put in the same efforts and to find for the same type of players.

I know I did find such a bunch of players and I'm happy to be with them.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Feb 2005, 06:04   #70
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Sadly, while you guys are here complaining, the 1up crew (vice the few retards that need attention) are out partying. They will own the round partly because before you guys find out how to beat 1up, you need to find out how to play PA.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 08:33   #71
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Being with Sid and those cool consistent players is a sure win

it indeed is, finally you realize it !
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:44   #72
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
it indeed is, finally you realize it !
Yeah
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 11:53   #73
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Friendships. That is the main reason. Lots of 1up are only playing because of 1up, and would not be playing at all if 1up ceased to exist.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 12:29   #74
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Question Re: For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Friendships. That is the main reason. Lots of 1up are only playing because of 1up, and would not be playing at all if 1up ceased to exist.
The same could be said about Angels and I'm sure for some other alliances you can apply this aswell. This is a game after all.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Feb 2005, 17:34   #75
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Not that i would know from experiance but im sure the way 1UP HC run the alliance is a lot different from the way other HC's run theirs. like i said i talk with no authority on this but im sure 1UP play as an alliance and the HC do not "bend over" for the bigger members.

If other aliances took this lead and instilled a little discipline (YES i know its only a game) in their members, for example kicking and roiding those fencesitters who refused to attack 1UP, after all their roids are as much the alliances as theirs, instead of affording them the protection of the alliance knowing full well they were not fighting along side them. JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BIG!! (bearing in mind the reason they probarbly got that big in the first place.

I speak with no authority whatsoever on 1UP and im sure someone will correct me if my assumptions are wrong. However the point about discipline is still valid. someone who is unwilling to help build an alliance, and fight its enemies does not deserve its protection. NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!!.

However i don't think this post wil make any difference and i expect a 1UP victory next round tbh. would be nice if i were prooved wrong tho
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 17:49   #76
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Sadly, while you guys are here complaining, the 1up crew (vice the few retards that need attention) are out partying. They will own the round partly because before you guys find out how to beat 1up, you need to find out how to play PA.

theres a lot of 1up posting here as well, so they aint all out

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 18:03   #77
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I think 1up are just plain crazy and thats why there good.
Only crazy ppl can be good at planetarion coz you have to be fully dedicated and most of them are.
You only get out what you put in and they all put a lot in tbh.

I try to put a lot in hance why I get few compliments (Thanx God113 best GC ) But I know I will never be able to play as much as they do so I know they will always be top of there game till they split.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 23:50   #78
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
Not that i would know from experiance but im sure the way 1UP HC run the alliance is a lot different from the way other HC's run theirs. like i said i talk with no authority on this but im sure 1UP play as an alliance and the HC do not "bend over" for the bigger members.

If other aliances took this lead and instilled a little discipline (YES i know its only a game) in their members, for example kicking and roiding those fencesitters who refused to attack 1UP, after all their roids are as much the alliances as theirs, instead of affording them the protection of the alliance knowing full well they were not fighting along side them. JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BIG!! (bearing in mind the reason they probarbly got that big in the first place.

I speak with no authority whatsoever on 1UP and im sure someone will correct me if my assumptions are wrong. However the point about discipline is still valid. someone who is unwilling to help build an alliance, and fight its enemies does not deserve its protection. NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!!.

However i don't think this post wil make any difference and i expect a 1UP victory next round tbh. would be nice if i were prooved wrong tho
Plz don't generalize m8. There ARE other alliances that also do not bend over for their bigger members. There ARE alliance that have an equal lvl of discipline as 1up does and there ARE players who put in asmuch effort as a 1up member does.

I know my own alliance, FAnG, didn't have some of these qualities and even I sometimes bended over slightly for bigger members (though I personally resented that) but as every human being we've learned from our mistakes and I can fairly state that Angels (I cannot talk for other alliances) does not bend over whatsoever and does not in any circumstances support fencesitters yet have members who put in asmuch effort into this game as 1up has.

All I'm saying, don't make generalizations. I know your point is well meant and I know it's a valid one, but not applicable on every alliance.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 00:06   #79
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

I can fairly assume knowing angels from round12 by being HC, that we never bended for bigger players.
some got kicked at begining of the round for assuming they could fencesit in a galaxy containing Absolute players (after we asked them not to make any plans with certains alliances).
We never accepted such behavior, and that is simple based on the fact we have learnt from our mistakes from earlier rounds in FAnG.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 02:31   #80
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I think 1up are just plain crazy and thats why there good.
Only crazy ppl can be good at planetarion coz you have to be fully dedicated and most of them are.
You only get out what you put in and they all put a lot in tbh.

I try to put a lot in hance why I get few compliments (Thanx God113 best GC ) But I know I will never be able to play as much as they do so I know they will always be top of there game till they split.
yeah, they are a little too psycho - freaks me out sometimes.. i think they already got their tech-trees laid out and the round hasnt even started yet... thats pretty ****ing freaky i think

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 03:01   #81
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You mean they prepared?

Oh my, we'll take them out and shoot them for that. Baffles me to why alliances don't have people dedicated to working out ships strategies/72 hour trees etc - it's basic preparation, IMO. The point i've made is that I don't see why 1up play when they see the opposition do things like 'omg they do x, y and z' when x, y and z are the foundation of good alliances, and once you are competent you are halfway there - if you're active and willing to stick to the end, well then you're well on your way. Some alliances have the first half, some the other, on seldom occaisons both - has to be night after night i'm afraid. Of course every successful alliance needs a bit of luck but some you need to make the opportunity first.

If there was competition, there'd be every reason for them to play from my point of view, otherwise punching up shite doesn't really seem worth all that effort when they could just enjoy each other's company on IRC, and go to bed at reasonable times. I'm racking up the neg rep on this thread so keep it pumping.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 05:30   #82
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I think all alliances have the same goals. As far as favortism etc. There are some alliances that favor thier big guys quite openly, and others who don't do it so openly. I think all want dicipline also. Where alliances differ is the level of dicipline, and the strictness. Since this thread is about 1up, 1up is very strict, and very diciplined. Thats how they win.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 12:57   #83
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

I love this thread!

Almost makes me wish I had the time to come back and play

... almost

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 13:22   #84
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Possibly worth mentioning that Assassin applied for 1up membership last round citing the crapness of Absolute as his reason for leaving.

Nothing against you Assassin, but those throwing mud should ensure their teflon overcoat is on.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 13:28   #85
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Possibly worth mentioning that Assassin applied for 1up membership last round citing the crapness of Absolute as his reason for leaving.

Nothing against you Assassin, but those throwing mud should ensure their teflon overcoat is on.
whahaha best post so far on this thread

assassin always runs away when something goes wrong..

Last edited by Alessio; 15 Feb 2005 at 13:41.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:01   #86
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont play mario land anymore coz everytime i see a mushroom i run away scared

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:42   #87
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I dont play mario land anymore coz everytime i see a mushroom i run away scared
Hehe, then play warioland, he also hates those mushrooms

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:42   #88
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:

He was rejected from ND, too.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:54   #89
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hehe, then play warioland, he also hates those mushrooms

Never played that yet, but feels weird when i play them now and all i think about is planetarion
Does'nt feel right at all.

And I can also hear that lil pingy noise when you get the mushroom in my ear when i think about it

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 18:19   #90
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yoshi is far more loveable... Please change your alliance name.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 19:08   #91
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:

Mazz perhaps u wud also like to tell the whole truth of the pm we had. 1) I wasnt in any alliance when i spoke to you. 2) i neva actually said 'can i join 1up' and 3) You offered an invite to me if i left the gal i was in. Now Considering i didnt exactly say to you 'i want to join 1up' as far as im aware then i wasnt applying. Now regarding Fish with ND yes ND did reject me, but they also recruited TehpropheT and tried to deny it.. think i rest my case on that one...

p3nguin Founder
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 19:10   #92
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
whahaha best post so far on this thread

assassin always runs away when something goes wrong..
One i neva run, correct me if im wrong but havent you actually abbandoned an alliance recently?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 20:25   #93
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
One i neva run, correct me if im wrong but havent you actually abbandoned an alliance recently?
Your wrong..

Last edited by Alessio; 15 Feb 2005 at 21:13.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 22:37   #94
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Mazz perhaps u wud also like to tell the whole truth of the pm we had. 1) I wasnt in any alliance when i spoke to you. 2) i neva actually said 'can i join 1up' and 3) You offered an invite to me if i left the gal i was in. Now Considering i didnt exactly say to you 'i want to join 1up' as far as im aware then i wasnt applying.
1) I never said you were.
2) Yes you did.
3) It wasn't an invite, it was the terms of your new membership, which you duly accepted.

Trying to wriggle out of it on a vague technicality is not cool. You asked to join, we accepted (due to past relationships rather than you having a quality planet) and thats the facts.

The fact remains that you never came back to me after saying you were toddling off to move your planet. The reasons for this never came to light. I'm doing nothing more than informing the masses that you aren't quite as squeaky clean or altruistic as you might make out to be.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 22:41   #95
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

omg god what have i started
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 22:52   #96
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
. I'm doing nothing more than informing the masses that you aren't quite as squeaky clean or altruistic as you might make out to be.

Mazzy you know full well you dont have to point that out to ppl as they already know this

p3nguin Founder
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 23:45   #97
The Real Arfy

Quote:
1) I never said you were.
True, but Assassin's original statement was about 3 of ROCK's players abandoning their alliance to join 1up. He is merely mentioning that he is not like them, as he wasn't going to be abandoning his alliance.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:47   #98
lokken
BlueTuba

Keep it on topic and off character assassination

This has been a half decent thread and i don't want to close it.

ta
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 02:34   #99
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
You mean they prepared?

Oh my, we'll take them out and shoot them for that. Baffles me to why alliances don't have people dedicated to working out ships strategies/72 hour trees etc - it's basic preparation, IMO. The point i've made is that I don't see why 1up play when they see the opposition do things like 'omg they do x, y and z' when x, y and z are the foundation of good alliances, and once you are competent you are halfway there - if you're active and willing to stick to the end, well then you're well on your way. Some alliances have the first half, some the other, on seldom occaisons both - has to be night after night i'm afraid. Of course every successful alliance needs a bit of luck but some you need to make the opportunity first.
i do admire any dedication to anything - and i am all for getting tech-trees and strategies ready way before a round starts - also i am continually impressed and absolutely stunned by pa players (and i have met and/or talked to these guys) who have calculated specific ratios and specific amounts of each asteroid to where income will be most productive - specific number of each specific ship made each initiation of production where current resources (drawed from calculations brought up from ratios) will be maximized efficiently - all planned way before a round starts

then again, admiration leads to uneasiness sometimes - and this (how prepared and strict 1up is) is one of those that give me goosebumps sometimes

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 02:43   #100
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
i do admire any dedication to anything - and i am all for getting tech-trees and strategies ready way before a round starts - also i am continually impressed and absolutely stunned by pa players (and i have met and/or talked to these guys) who have calculated specific ratios and specific amounts of each asteroid to where income will be most productive - specific number of each specific ship made each initiation of production where current resources (drawed from calculations brought up from ratios) will be maximized efficiently - all planned way before a round starts

then again, admiration leads to uneasiness sometimes - and this (how prepared and strict 1up is) is one of those that give me goosebumps sometimes
Take it from me, all that calc'ing and ratio, and tick plan stuff is crap. Most alliances do actually make good plans and ratios and stuff, but not even the person who made it strictly follows it. Some may reference it when they have no clue, but using those tick plans and roid ratio's is overratted. I never used a tickplan or a pre-set ratio. Just because you do doesn't make you or your alliance dedicated. It just means you/allliance has a bit more time to waste on PA then the average player.