User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 00:48   #101
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road
Re: Rnd 1 FIGHT

btw you ppl play same PA round as me ??
wow damn you must be cool DrunkenViking for that info, 2bad it's not true.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 01:32   #102
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

how the hell would you know what happens in his gal?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 01:39   #103
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, something worth replying to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
hmmm, you dont attack the top of the ranks anyway
Define top ranks pls? Would we be 3rd if we werent targetting the alliances around us?

Quote:
if they're friendly or napped, i dunno, but they're certainly not hostile, cause if they were you'd attack them.
How can you make such a generalised statement from what you have experienced? The WHOLE universe is hostile, im not sure what your trying to sat tbh?

Quote:
You do however waste 20+ fleets a week on waving my planet(and not sending a seingle fleet on my lch galmate).... So with a sense of personal bais, i hope you loose so bad that you disband
Well thats the thing isnt it, everyones post on these boards are biased. With the constant waving of your planet by HR (as you say), would leave any1 with a bitter taste in their mouth but this fact in itself proves your statement about non-hostile targetting wrong.

As we base our targets on the alliances around us and ofc, on those planets who are most hostile. So if you got waved, its probably because some1 in your gal was repeatedly hostile to HR.

Quote:
You have no ambition of taking down mistu/lch..... you just want to keep the ones below you below you. After last round HR success i'd expect more from you(tho i'm sure you dont exist to meet my expectations so...), but now i think you're even n00bier than me(and i'm the worst nub around). Hail brave HR, have fun.
Firstly, the round isnt over, how can you comment on the success of an alliance in comparision to a previous round, when the current round has a long way to go? Maybe whatever you are expecting from us, is yet to come? Maybe its already happened but you are just blind to see? (take our 3rd rank for instance?)

The tactics we do now, are the tactics we did last round and no, we dont exist to meet your expectations, why would we? You aint HR? Like any alliance, we exist to better ourselves in one way or another, we do what we think is BEST for the alliance through our ambition.

I really dont care if you think we should be hitting alliance A or B, like you shouldnt care if I think something NoS does is wrong.

Note how i dont actually say what i think NoS should be doing?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 08:44   #104
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Someone will prolly shoot me for ranting like this, but i kinda dont care anymore:

hmmm, you dont attack the top of the ranks anyway, if they're friendly or napped, i dunno, but they're certainly not hostile, cause if they were you'd attack them.
You do however waste 20+ fleets a week on waving my planet(and not sending a seingle fleet on my lch galmate).... So with a sense of personal bais, i hope you loose so bad that you disband You have no ambition of taking down mistu/lch..... you just want to keep the ones below you below you. After last round HR success i'd expect more from you(tho i'm sure you dont exist to meet my expectations so...), but now i think you're even n00bier than me(and i'm the worst nub around). Hail brave HR, have fun.
its always funny when they spit the dummy out

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 10:08   #105
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Yeah. That is so bad for an alliance ranked 5 places lower to remain equal and stuck vs the top alliance.

Make it 6 places below as we speak, Wolfpack already outranked 1up.

Kindly stop the downplay about the less players thing - you didnt chose to do that so you can gloat about that disadvantage. 60 uber active players is enough to go at war with an alliance with 35 more players, but 100 roids lagging in average. 60 players online is more than enough anyway during graveyard times.

The public are wooing for HR and ND to win this round - probably even MISTU or any underdog. This war is good for the universe. Atleast, the evuhl top 2 alliances - 1up (yes 100 roids above in ave roids is such a lead - even handicapped by 35 players) and LCH are quite stuck.

Last edited by furssie; 1 Nov 2004 at 10:18.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 12:51   #106
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie

Kindly stop the downplay about the less players thing - you didnt chose to do that so you can gloat about that disadvantage. 60 uber active players is enough to go at war with an alliance with 35 more players, but 100 roids lagging in average. 60 players online is more than enough anyway during graveyard times.

The public are wooing for HR and ND to win this round - probably even MISTU or any underdog. This war is good for the universe. Atleast, the evuhl top 2 alliances - 1up (yes 100 roids above in ave roids is such a lead - even handicapped by 35 players) and LCH are quite stuck.

In case you didn't know, most of the top LCH players are former 1up players from last round. (not to say that LCH doesn't have plenty of great players on their own. Last round LCH put up quite a fight and was hard for 1up to take down while we had a full alliance. I think that staying even with LCH now is doing quite well. And as has been pointed out before, we dont intend to win the round, we intend to see that the people we dont want to win, dont win. And it seems that LCH decided to annoy the wrong people early in the round. If it wasn't for this war, the round would be a no contest win for LCH as the other alliances seemed unwilling to do anything to catch up to LCH.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 13:05   #107
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The public are wooing for HR and ND to win this round - probably even MISTU or any underdog.
I'm the public, I don't want any of those alliances to win.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 13:54   #108
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I'm the public, I don't want any of those alliances to win.
Admit it, you want me to win, don't you?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:39   #109
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

we're giving MISTU, HR, and ND a chance to win the round by taking the initiative and pound on LCH, and yet...we're evhul? Memories from last round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:45   #110
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Do you really believe 1up has all their members awake during graveyard shift? if any alliance was able to keep 50+ people online at all times, they'd win without competition.
And I guess you don't believe that LCH has any "über-active" players? As mentioned above, they had alot of good players last round, and even more this round.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:52   #111
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
my fingers are crossed for 1up and personally you ofc !

and as jester is my biatch i guess he feels teh same - if not ill teach him to.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:58   #112
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
my fingers are crossed for 1up and personally you ofc !

and as jester is my biatch i guess he feels teh same - if not ill teach him to.

I feel all warm inside now :/

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 15:44   #113
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
we're giving MISTU, HR, and ND a chance to win the round by taking the initiative and pound on LCH, and yet...we're evhul? Memories from last round?
Its pretty fun a round with some wars.
LCH and 1up are taking on eachother. I think they both dont have any allies who help. Gl 1up, gl LCH. The only thing i dont like...... Where are the war reports? I want to see some screenshots of incoming and battle reports.

And i like it that the rest of the top 10 alliances are batteling it out till the end.
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:00   #114
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattepis
LCH and 1up are taking on eachother. I think they both dont have any allies who help. Gl 1up, gl LCH. The only thing i dont like...... Where are the war reports? I want to see some screenshots of incoming and battle reports.

And i like it that the rest of the top 10 alliances are batteling it out till the end.
You wont see theses screenshot nor theses battle reports for only one reason, a big part of the players who plays this game are whiner, who claims to get waves and farmed by their allies, so any screenshot or battlereports would be classified by them as bashing and too many waves (because obvisiously they cant get all waves covered and once one get thru, they call it bashing)
While once we would have called it good strategy and simple incomings, nothing fancy.

I am personally fed up of theses "TOP" players who whine and pm me telling me to get some fleet recalled because they cant defend themselves and they dont want to loose roids, and expect themselves to end up top10 without having one single roids.

They seems to miss the main point of this game, This is planetarion: a War game.
Mean, you fight, win roids, you fight, loose roids, you loose ships, you buy ships.
Simple dynamics, that what make the game fun, add up some political moves and some Military move to maximize the impact and you get a fun round.
But once you avoid theses loss of roids, whine everytime you get incoming and go and talk to friend to get them recalled from your ennemy (allo? ennemy shouldnt recall from target by any means) or claims that the whole universe is gang banging on you and come to theses boards to say that alliance A B and C has been teaming up on you and are bashing you because out of some waves you couldnt defend one.
then i call it plain lame.

Be a man, loose some roids, shit happens, some day you loose, some day you win.
That the dynamic of the game and dont whine and dont blame your ennemy in roiding you, no matter if he is your friend, you guys have to understand that an alliance is an entity who decide what best is for the whole group, not personally for each players, and by asking your friend to get ships recalled, you dont understand that HC are above him and he cant do jack.

Stop torturing yourself, take in mind that if you end up top10 without a decent fight in the round, your winning is meaningless, i would give more respect to a top100 who wasnt napped to anyone and had the balls to fight than a top10 planet who made it into the top10 easily.

This post is not personally against anyone of you, but generally against the trend That has beed developping lately, "whiner who think that playing PA without having incoming during whole round is fun"
For theses guys, please stop acting like this and get your head out of your ass.
Start playing this game with the fun we had once, and when you get owned or loose roids, dont give up, just take it easy.

thanks.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 18:25   #115
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

go alch
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 18:32   #116
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I feel all warm inside now :/
good good .

why then ":/" ?

:/

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 18:48   #117
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattepis

well, if 1up members come to AD each time we owned a top planet with a parsed combat report we'd be seen as bragging, boasting, showing our arrogance, etc...so we keep them to ourselves and smile inside (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 19:07   #118
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Despite what Legator says, no, I don't want you to win.

I don't particularly want anyone to win. I want to see some good fights, good propaganda launched on AD, roids swapped and rankings exchanged. Preferably non-linearly. Unfortunately, the widely held 'one enemy' mentalities prevent this from being likely.

So while someone will win, I will inevitably lose.

And no, this doesn't mean that people should be playing for me. I think they should be playing for themselves, not their grudges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
well, if 1up members come to AD each time we owned a top planet with a parsed combat report we'd be seen as bragging, boasting, showing our arrogance, etc...so we keep them to ourselves and smile inside (:
If you'd PM me both winning and losing reports (and anyone, from any alliance is included in this) I can post anonymized 'war report' threads, with coords etc removed.

Like I mentioned, I want to present both sides of this. I won't post threads for single reports, nor will I post for only one side. However, feel free to give me only reports of your alliance winning. I'll just get information from the other side on my own.

I guarantee confidentiality on coords, naturally. I'll only accept direct links to ingame saved reports, not pastes or hosted files.

Last edited by Jester; 1 Nov 2004 at 19:17.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 19:32   #119
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Watch pilkara/sandmans closely and you can pretty much figure out whats going on. Pay attention to IRC and you'll prolly get most of the picture painted for ya. As Azure says, combat reports would lead to acusations of bragging/arogance against the poster, so that just aint an option.

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:01   #120
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Missing what point? I didnt comment on a point, I commented on how to follow the war without having battlereports.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:02   #121
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Missing what point? I didnt comment on a point, I commented on how to follow the war without having battlereports.
I assumed you were replying to me. If you weren't, please use the quote button to relay context.

Edit: Whoops.

Last edited by Jester; 1 Nov 2004 at 20:25.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:18   #122
TheRat
Retired

I wasnt replying to you, and the reason I didnt use the quote button was because my browser window obviously wasnt updated so the last post I saw was azure's post.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:49   #123
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Despite what Legator says, no, I don't want you to win.

I don't particularly want anyone to win. I want to see some good fights, good propaganda launched on AD, roids swapped and rankings exchanged. Preferably non-linearly. Unfortunately, the widely held 'one enemy' mentalities prevent this from being likely.
thats a really good idea imo. it would show people who arent involved (like me) where are the fat battles and "might" bring interest into free planets.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 23:36   #124
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

free planets generally dont use these forums too often...
idea is good anyway tho
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 23:44   #125
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

problem is, the key battles in a war (apart from one or two a round where the GOAL is to kill ships) are just the times roiding fleets get through on large planets without def.... not terribly interesting, especially when so many people are zik/cath (combined with single class targeting) so the casualties are typically low, if lots of ships die, its typically only because someone fked up.

Last edited by Tis; 1 Nov 2004 at 23:51.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 00:29   #126
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
good good .

why then ":/" ?

:/
I wasn't sure if it was because I'd wet myself.

Quote:
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 01:43   #127
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
problem is, the key battles in a war (apart from one or two a round where the GOAL is to kill ships) are just the times roiding fleets get through on large planets without def.... not terribly interesting, especially when so many people are zik/cath (combined with single class targeting) so the casualties are typically low, if lots of ships die, its typically only because someone fked up.

Agreed...

I think if jesters idea was implemented properly ie:
a closed thread where someone in the pa team keeps a close eye on the warring situations and has the abilty to write the un biased mellodrama that occured with the previous nights/weeks attacks and how it has effected the universe.
Take for example (im not s good writer and keep in mind this is a fantasy scenario)

Last night at 05:00 Hr launched over X ships in order to bring down one of sins top 10 galaxies(shh) That battle report shows sin lost over X roids and X ships in the nights meley.
The roid gain was costly to HR also as they lost aroundx amount of ships. The results from this battle as caused hr to gain 1 spot in the universe rankings overtaking wolfpack whose roid gain was quite minimal last night. etc etc
(then the writer could contact HR and SIN HC for a quote)

Thinking about it some more, it could be created as a weekly/daily newspaper article(any aspiring journalists out there?)
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 02:08   #128
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

I was being sarcastic. As far as I can tell noone in the public seems to be wooing for anyone in particular to win right now.

And you far underestimate the power of 120 extra fleet slots. End of the day, you can sit there and say "blah blah is higher ranked than 1up" but in reality I'm quite proud of our current performance.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 09:11   #129
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
a closed thread where someone in the pa team keeps a close eye on the warring situations
I'm not a fan of closed threads. Nor can I really be bothered to become some sort of PA reporter. I've been given some reports, and despite what Tis says there are some interesting ones. I'm just trying to get ahold of some LCH reports (Guran/Nitros getting roided would be nice, plus I'd like some more of 1up roidings).

One thing I've noticed so far is that LCH actually seem to have fleets at home when 1up land. Naughty naughty.
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 12:53   #130
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I have thought for a long time that one of the best ways to get new people interested in the game was to have some sort of in game reporting on the happenings that go on. I remember back when I was a noobie the thing that fascinated me the most was what went on in the day of planetarion, how battles were faring and what not. Even today when I am much more aware of everything that goes on, I still feel like I would like to know more.

I think that if there were a way for there to be a few people who could formulate informative and creative 'news stories' on battles and the state of various wars as alch suggested it would bring a great new dynamic to planetairon. It would be sort of a novelty for the main core of planetarion that generally know what is going on, but I believe it would be a huge boost to the majority of players. For the new people the game seems quite large and overwhelming, but if they could see what is going on behind the scenes of the larger alliances, it would get them excited and more involved in the game.

The biggest hurdle with this however is that lots of people dont want to give out information on battles because they are afraid of coordinates leaking and what not. Also to make something genuinely informative and interesting it requires an amount of information that takes a lot of work to get a hold of. Someone with admin tools could do it quite easily by looking at where fleets from certain alliances are heading etc, however this would probably be looked on as an invasion into peoples accounts. Many alliances would want their actions to be kept secret. I think that it is something that planetarion could benefit from, but aside from giving someone with admin tools, gathering the amount of information necessary is simply a very daunting task.
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 13:13   #131
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
if lots of ships die, its typically only because someone fked up.
Like This?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 13:45   #132
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix

...I think that if there were a way for there to be a few people who could formulate informative and creative 'news stories' on battles and the state of various wars as alch suggested it would bring a great new dynamic to planetairon. It would be sort of a novelty for the main core of planetarion that generally know what is going on, but I believe it would be a huge boost to the majority of players. For the new people the game seems quite large and overwhelming, but if they could see what is going on behind the scenes of the larger alliances, it would get them excited and more involved in the game....
i totally agree...wud give wars a bit more of a realistic and exiting touch

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 16:19   #133
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm not a fan of closed threads. Nor can I really be bothered to become some sort of PA reporter. I've been given some reports, and despite what Tis says there are some interesting ones. I'm just trying to get ahold of some LCH reports (Guran/Nitros getting roided would be nice, plus I'd like some more of 1up roidings).

One thing I've noticed so far is that LCH actually seem to have fleets at home when 1up land. Naughty naughty.

Maybe ice lady could do it has shes already doing the new letter thingee.
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 17:48   #134
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

to be really honest, those kind of battlereports were only fun cuz you could kill loads and totally destroy people. now you're lucky if you get to destroy 5% of someone's fleet, as it's almost impossible to kill someone unless you fleetcatch him and he can't get any defence. not to mention zik/cath are the main races and they can't kill shit really...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 18:16   #135
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Maybe ice lady could do it has shes already doing the new letter thingee.
I care about AD, not the news letter.
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 19:40   #136
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henck
this is so fun to read pld 1up \o/
you guys for sure make AD a big joke, thx
AD is supposed to be a big joke. What did u guys do to AD? Noone talks here anymore.. noone bothers.. noone flames etc... boring =(
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 20:11   #137
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

LDK and FAnG has gone..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 21:27   #138
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

FAnG were very nice boards ppl tho
even kj....

...sometimes
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 02:37   #139
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
I have thought for a long time that one of the best ways to get new people interested in the game was to have some sort of in game reporting on the happenings that go on. I remember back when I was a noobie the thing that fascinated me the most was what went on in the day of planetarion, how battles were faring and what not. Even today when I am much more aware of everything that goes on, I still feel like I would like to know more.
Yeah.. I remember.. was like being Luke on a boring sandplanet while the big alliances where fighting it out elsewhere.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:39   #140
God
of War

God can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I'd just like to say, that my statement is no way an indication of what ND will do. Personally though, I would like to help 1up, its a bold move to be alone against an alliance with 36 more members.

Even better, more 36 planets to roid....

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote