User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Oct 2004, 22:02   #51
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough
Re: Who is winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Surely you mean shittiness? But you're wrong, shit in this case is not a noun, but an undocumented adjective. As in 'you are shit' or 'shit ****s should **** off.'

If you'd like to discuss the etymology of this use, I think we should take it to PM.
Actually tis was correct, it should be shittiness, notice the two T's, that is because shittiness derives from the adjective form of shit, which is shitty.

When you say "you are shit" shit is a direct object, and a noun. If you were to say "you are shitty" then it is an adjective decribing you. Saying "you are shit" is like saying "you are a human". Yes people do use shit in an adjective form sometimes, but wrongly so, the correct adjective form of shit is, as I said, usually shitty. Therefore the more correct forming of shitness is shittiness.

Now to stop the flaming and whatnot, this is the internet and a forum. People should not be expected to spell perfectly or try to bother with correct grammar. My first post was simply a joke, as was his original post. I simply went into so much detail because someone had the balls to question and try to undermine my joke!!
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 22:33   #52
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
Actually tis was correct, it should be shittiness, notice the two T's, that is because shittiness derives from the adjective form of shit, which is shitty.
You'll notice that there are, indeed, two Ts in what you just quoted. Yes, I missed one earlier, but I edited it in when narcissistically rereading my own post.

Incidentally, T's is an incorrect form. I guess that just goes to show that we could keep this up forever

Quote:
When you say "you are shit" shit is a direct object, and a noun.
Not quite. Try this on for size: 'you are car' as opposed to 'you are red'

Which case makes sense?

Quote:
If you were to say "you are shitty" then it is an adjective decribing you. ... Yes people do use shit in an adjective form sometimes, but wrongly so, the correct adjective form of shit is, as I said, usually shitty. Therefore the more correct forming of shitness is shittiness.
Yeah, it's wrong. But I'm not going to stop using it just because of that. There are constantly linguistic developments changing the form of language. Some people think this is bad, I hold that it must be reviewed on a case to case basis. For example, the modern overuse of the word 'irony' to describe any humorous situation is annoying because it leads to inaccuracy. Coopting 'shit' as a denigrating adjective, on the other hand, is positive. Unlike most other offensive adjectives (****er, ****, fag, ******, raghead, limey, frog, bastard, bitch, FAnG member) it is not a demeaning reference to some social or cultural group.

Quote:
Saying "you are shit" is like saying "you are a human".

Quote:
Now to stop the flaming and whatnot, this is the internet and a forum. People should not be expected to spell perfectly or try to bother with correct grammar.
I disagree. This has been a nice change of pace from the usual 'Absolute is going to crash and burn' crap. As for not expecting perfect spelling or corrected grammar, I'd much appreciate spelling and/or grammar corrections in the future, though it would probably be more appropriate to send them via PM next time

Quote:
My first post was simply a joke, as was his original post. I simply went into so much detail because someone had the balls to question and try to undermine my joke!!
I found your joke funny
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 12:23   #53
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Unlike most other offensive adjectives (****er, ****, fag, ******, raghead, limey, frog, bastard, bitch, FAnG member) it is not a demeaning reference to some social or cultural group.
You did very well know that I'd read this and react to this seeing you use the entity of being a member of my alliance as an offensive adjective which in this case means you think being a member of my alliance is something bad. With that you actually discriminate a large population of PA players because according to you there are lesser human beings based on their choice of alliances during an online game ....

Now ofc I know and hope this was merely a joke (though there wasn't smilie present), it still is not nice to make such generalisations because none of those pple you just discriminated are in any case worse then you are for instance.

Then again, you knew I'd reply to this thread so you already got a reply saved in some txt file

on a sidenote I'm happy you wrote the correct abbr of our alliance.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 11:58   #54
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
my alliance as an offensive adjective which in this case means you think being a member of my alliance is something bad.
Captain Observation strikes again!

Firstly, your alliance doesn't exist anymore does it?
Secondly, it's a joke - get over it. He took the piss out of your alliance, there's no need to cry.
Thirdly, it is bad to be a member of FAnG - this is a widely accepted opinion
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 12:52   #55
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

so who is winning? can't be Kjel, so who is it?
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 14:58   #56
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Captain Observation strikes again!

Firstly, your alliance doesn't exist anymore does it?
Secondly, it's a joke - get over it. He took the piss out of your alliance, there's no need to cry.
Thirdly, it is bad to be a member of FAnG - this is a widely accepted opinion
hey mr tomkat aka 'I'm too silly to read a post decently' ....

I did know he was joking, I think any human being can read that from my reply becides you, maybe trolls are imune for subtle jokes ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Oct 2004, 16:58   #57
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

for someone with your impressive reputation for taking insult over jokes, you really dont have any place lecturing anyone on that subject kg.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 18:43   #58
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
for someone with your impressive reputation for taking insult over jokes, you really dont have any place lecturing anyone on that subject kg.
I'm not lecturing, I'm telling him that I was joking hence proving him he was WRONG on this occasion. He was dead wrong in his post and I pointed that out, I do think I have the right to do so, not?

Funny how you lecture me not to lecture someone else ... in the end makes you worse cause in your case there's also hypocricy involved.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Oct 2004, 18:50   #59
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

he wasn`t lecturing, he was just pointing pointing out how hypocritical you looked.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 00:22   #60
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
hey mr tomkat aka 'I'm too silly to read a post decently' ....

I did know he was joking, I think any human being can read that from my reply becides you, maybe trolls are imune for subtle jokes ...
You're the reason I cry myself to sleep at night.

You and those hurtful posts of yours.
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:29   #61
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You're the reason I cry myself to sleep at night.

You and those hurtful posts of yours.
I think we allready knew you cry each night, no point spreading that on the boards though. Now stop trolling me will you.

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 05:00   #62
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Hobbie wins the award for "best comment".

My list when ticks are stopped:
1) 1up
2) MISTU
3) LCH
4) HR
5) ND

The alternative top5:
1) LCH
2) MISTU
3) 1up
4) HR
5) ND
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 15:11   #63
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
we all went on a camping trip, some never returned
I can still hear the horrible screams when i close my eyes.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 01:43   #64
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Oh fantastic, grammaries are being talked aboutily. Cooliness.
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 05:49   #65
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

ND will stompx0r us all.
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 13:33   #66
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
ND will stompx0r us all.
My rampant activty will guarantee it :|