User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 00:50   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My new pet peeve

Well it's not really a new pet peeve it's more of a new incrnation of an old one.

Unwelcome advertising.

Now, we've had some trouble with that on here but it's nice to see how they keep up with the latest trends.

I was reading a random blog and there were SIX replies to the short post made earlier.

Every single one was an advert for some piece of crap or another.

they have taken the ultimate in free-speech accesories and turned it into a free-advertising board.

What I find most revolting is that they are so patronising and designed to read like someone was actually interested in your blog until you read on. Here is an example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some randm advertising tosspot
I was just playing with blogger and I found your blog. I took a quick look around and it seems pretty interesting. I'd love some feedback on my forex trade signals site. It's brand new so I'd love to hear any feedback you might have. It's basically dedicated to giving out some forex trade signals tips. Maybe you or someone you know might find it usefull. Thanks, Roger.
Does anyone else find this disgusting or is it just me?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:00   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My new pet peeve

we have one of them here now.

1x has sweetly adopted him (1x is genuinely sweet so we should all grin and bear it). he comes out with this gushing nonsense.

the thing which rankles is not that they lie. it is not even that they are bad liars (which they are).

it is that even if they were superb liars we would still see through it.

yet they continue to lie (badly) and expect us to pretend that we can't see through it. is this what it is like to have a great aunt who believes that she is a great beauty? or a great singer? we seem to tolerate these (frankly) very stupid marketting people as we would tolerate a dim witted child or incontinent dog.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:05   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't adopted him

It's obvious he has no interest in being part of this community, but I find it intriguing that he came back despite being found out so quickly, and I'd like to know more about how he feels about his job. I'm sure that as soon as he does try advertising again, he'll be ridiculed and banned. Until that time, I see no harm in being civil to him.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:45   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
there's a god damn pop up message that keeps appearing on my comp, advertising some ****ing job and a contact address at [email protected]
it's cuts out of all programs to show this same ****ing message every 5 minutes. i thought firefox was meant to stop these bandits !?
just because it's a message that pops up doesn't mean it's a pop up message

It could be caused by some nasty little program running on your computer that you don't know about. Ask on the right board (with more details) and someone will help you get rid of it.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 15:34   #5
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

haha you've still got the messenger service running. go install service pack 2
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 15:47   #6
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

The messenger service is disabled by default in SP1, and I'm 99% sure it was in regular Windows XP too.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:40   #7
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
The messenger service is disabled by default in SP1, and I'm 99% sure it was in regular Windows XP too.
I thought it was only disabled in SP2 (if at all.

If it is the messenger service then this should stop it.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:52   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
as we would tolerate a dim witted child or incontinent dog.
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there some on GD who prefer to DATE dim witted children and incontinent dogs?
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:55   #9
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

JamJak:
I might be mistaken then.

It's certainly disabled on my machine though, and I didn't disable it and neither did SP2, since that stinking pile of dung ain't coming anywhere near my machine.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 12:30   #10
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
good lord, thank you ever so much.
you have spared me much stress.
Glad to help
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote