User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2004, 18:50   #1
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
virgin trains

anyone here work for them? i'm travelling in august and am pissed off that reservations are currently redundant across their entire network.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:01   #2
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: virgin trains

you don't need reservations, most times you travel you will find a seat. its easy.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:10   #3
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
you don't need reservations, most times you travel you will find a seat. its easy.
You do need to book with a reservation to get a cheap ticket. As in a £50 cheaper cheap ticket.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:14   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
You do need to book with a reservation to get a cheap ticket. As in a £50 cheaper cheap ticket.
www.thetrainline.com
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:15   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need to book a reservation to get cheaper tickets dum dum
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:23   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
On the other hand, they don't cost any more and you either won't need it or REALLY REALLY need it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:24   #7
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

While you dont exactly need a reservation, the cheapest tickets are generally limited numbers and so you get allocated a seat when you book. And you mostly have to book at least a month in advance.

I suspect GNER of putting all the people with cheap tickets in the carriage next to the smokers. It still gets the smell in there :-(

You can choose from trainline, as mentioned above, or there are a couple of others, although as far as I can tell they all use the same system, so if one is down they probably all would be. And I cant remember the urls for them.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:28   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I tried booking a cheap ticket from Birmingham to Reading once - lo and behold although there were prices available, none were actually offered - I sense that they are very few and far between and that you probably have to book about 6 weeks in advance.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:31   #9
BesigedB
Darling

Quote:
you don't need to book a reservation to get cheaper tickets dum dum
Please do stop talking ****.

Quote:
CONDITIONS
Quota controlled ticket valid for 1 calendar month. However, journey must be made on dates and times specified on ticket.
Reservations are compulsory and made at time of booking
Virgin trains are holding back releasing reservations for these trains for all classes because they don't want to commit themselves to bookings when there might be rail works. I know this for a fact because theres a sign up to that effect behind the booking desk at waverly station.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:32   #10
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

When we went down to Cambridge it was a right pain finding the cheap ones - I couldnt find ANY of the cheapest at all. Watch out for special days, like bank holidays etc, these will be very hard to find cheap tickets on, and book as far in advance as you can, cause as I said, there are limited numbers, and once theyre gone you just have to put up with the more expensive ones.

This is according to the man at national rai enquiries who I called cause I couldnt find any of the cheapest tickets. He basically said tough, and told me to get a move on if I wanted to catch the ones in the next cheapest bracket.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:39   #11
BesigedB
Darling

I'm booking for this time in August so availability shouldn't be an issue.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:43   #12
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Virgin Trains always smell like a smelly fridge.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 23:34   #13
KaneED
Motherfracker

oh ok. i don't take any notice of them anyway but i have a young persons thing which may be different. but anyway, my excperience is that to get those tickets, you need to book way in advance, but they dont' open them up that early, then they're gone really quickly after that.

ps. sorry for calling you dum dum

<3