User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Feb 2004, 13:01   #101
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Celebdaq

Glamrock figurine
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 21:00   #102
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Glamrock figurine
"Homosexual Freddy Mercury Wannabe"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 17:15   #103
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I notice that since the divis, three players are 1m+ and have that kneecapping problem (tomkat, starmog, shakkeh).

I'm still new-ish to this game, and expect to be in that position for the first time next week. Am I right in thinking that you deliberately trade some shares badly in order to be <1m on sunday night, then try to get to 2m by the same time a week later?

Do you do this? Will you do this? Have you tried and failed? Do you know exactly what time they make the check for millionaires? So many questions...
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 18:55   #104
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I notice that since the divis, three players are 1m+ and have that kneecapping problem (tomkat, starmog, shakkeh).

I'm still new-ish to this game, and expect to be in that position for the first time next week. Am I right in thinking that you deliberately trade some shares badly in order to be <1m on sunday night, then try to get to 2m by the same time a week later?

Do you do this? Will you do this? Have you tried and failed? Do you know exactly what time they make the check for millionaires? So many questions...
Pick a massively overpriced stock and dump all your cash in it. Allow your port to go below £1 mill on Sunday night , and on Monday at Lunchtime , pick a stock with a massive divi coming up and throw all your remaining cash at it.

Michael Jackson helped me lost £240k in 2 days
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 18:56   #105
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Im late to this but never mind

User ID: 3637123
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 00:02   #106
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
...three players are 1m+ and have that kneecapping problem (tomkat, starmog, shakkeh).
Seems none of them tried to downtrade as they're all back to 10k again.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:34   #107
1-X
overtired

with kneecapping approaching and me being on 1.8m, I used that Purple Peril downtrader tool to get below a million. By keeping my 300k Mel Gibson shares, I was sure I'd make 2m next Friday.

except the useless thing didn't keep them... instead I've got 600k Heidi Klum (which I intended to get rid of).
If I sell them and buy Gibson again, I'll never get back the lost partial divi from the weekend.

any idea which will be greater? the divi from 4 days Mel Gibson, 5 days Heidi Klum, or 4 days "insert name here" ?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:37   #108
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The message board people are all clamouring about Charlize Theron being next-weeks big mover, in a spate of insanity I went all out on J K Rowling after my Charlotte Church divis came in (£12 a share, gg), though she's been fairly bouyant. I think I'll chance it and keep with her this week, which is something of a gamble since I'm on £917k now and wouldn't mind breaking two-mil by a week today.

Rowling's chart

Edit:
Just dumped half my Rowling shares for some Heidi, if only since at £1.50 a pop you can't really go wrong.

Last edited by pablissimo; 1 Mar 2004 at 01:46.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 08:28   #109
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

I maxed out on Gibson as of Wednesday. I knew the divi on Friday would be crap, but I also knew that by having him as of Friday at max, id pull in a big Divi the following friday.

I have in excess of 30k Gibson shares. I expect a minimum of £4 a share divi. Anyone think im too hopeful?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 10:57   #110
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have 61k Gibson shares. so no, I dont.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 01:43   #111
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Ok , i now have £250k (Cheers Mel) and i need a stock to invest in. Considering Beckham as hes down to £8 a share now. Thoughts?
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 02:29   #112
1-X
overtired

Why not keep Gibson for another week?
Prince Charles should be good (but £7 a share I think) with Diana revelation videos showing on US TV, and I notice David Furnish is cheap and rising suddenly, possibly because he's "marrying" Elton or something?

I just passed 2m, no hope of getting 3, so I'm resigned to being capped and don't have to think about who to buy till monday.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 02:32   #113
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm keeping a low profile till Monday (on about £998k at the minute) whereupon I shall be ploughing money in one of the royals, I assume. Harry seems a good option, or Camilla assuming she's listed. Hell, even the Queen. Charlie's too expensive to get anything useful done with.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 19:01   #114
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Ive jumped on the Prince Charles bandwagon ... and hes up 31p today.

Mega Divi's come next friday i hope.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 19:27   #115
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i want heidi klum to have my babies
You and me both dude.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 23:22   #116
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

3654934 (WD40Spray)

Last edited by BesigedB; 6 Mar 2004 at 22:01.
BesigedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 21:52   #117
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thought I'd just draw everyone's attention to this

Current Chart Position Player Worth Gain in Last Week
1 furry_trades 229478 +288.91% <------ !
2 idimmu 269028 +172.25%
3 Kurashima 265872 +162.93%

at the moment I'm 44th in the players chart
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 22:27   #118
1-X
overtired

hoojerav then? Theron?
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 22:35   #119
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, theron all of last week, then traded into camilla before she started rising massively
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 03:45   #120
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
3654934 (WD40Spray)
Added
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 03:47   #121
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i play it but im shit.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 03:48   #122
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Idi , whos in your port for this week?

I jumped straight into Prince Charles as soon as the Divi's came in. Mel Gibson came in where i expected , around £4.50 a share, doubling my port.
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 14:27   #123
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Added
<3

/me = new to this

lots of eastenders people but not so many corrie?!
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 14:34   #124
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
<3

/me = new to this

lots of eastenders people but not so many corrie?!
Corrie stars are better behaved, and rarely end up on the front cover of the tabloid and broadsheet newspapers.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 08:50   #125
BesigedB
Darling

i'm laughing back to the noobie bank with james hewitt :gollum:
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:27   #126
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Unless Charlie's PD goes up by another £3.25 or so, I ain't making my two mil =(

A second week of downtrading after a failed attempt, dammit.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 15:15   #127
1-X
overtired

I was only on 2.1m after the divis last week so I didn't even try to reach 3. However, by monday morning, I was on 2.9m when they robbed me. I'd just followed all the other day-traders in buying David Furnish for fri-sun.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 18:44   #128
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Charlie has made me around £105,000 this week so far, and hes looking on target for a £5+ per share divi, which will move me up to around £750k i think. Ill day trade fri-mon and then jump on the divi bandwagon with something minimal to see if i can grab a bigger slice of the pie.

I hope i dont have to resort to downtrading next Thursday though
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 01:43   #129
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Ok , so the Divi's are in , and Charlie generated a divi for me of

£196354.98

Now, the question is , who do i stick it into (way-HEY) for next week.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:00   #130
1-X
overtired

Greg Rusedski and Brian McFadden are the current big-risers but surely they're last week's news?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:01   #131
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

spose im doing alright, in slightly less than two weeks(i think) playing, i've made £44116.11
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:02   #132
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Greg Rusedski and Brian McFadden are the current big-risers but surely they're last week's news?
this runs on tabloids though for a start.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:10   #133
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

thing is, if the boards are to be believed , nothing "Major" has broken, and thus we rely on the Sunday Papers to set the big tone for the week, preferably with a massive scandal. Greg R will get column inches, but not many as he was found innocent , not guilty. Bryan McFadden will get column inches for the westlife breakup, but that was last week, so its finished with now.

Camilla or James Hewitt seem the only other viable options. Heres hoping someone says something stupidly controversial this weekend, or that they start listing Leicester City footballers.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 02:13   #134
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

yeah the weekends have always been a sticking point for me too :/ i never know who to invest in over them.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 17:33   #135
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Unless Charlie's PD goes up by another £3.25 or so, I ain't making my two mil =(

A second week of downtrading after a failed attempt, dammit.
Looks like you failed. I think I saw you on 1.9m sunday, and you're on 10k now with one wad.

I'm doing ok with The Queen atm, gonna keep her till friday anyway.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 18:45   #136
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

in 2(?) weeks i've made near on 52k
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 18:53   #137
1-X
overtired

You should join the league. No-one cares who's top/bottom of it
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 19:13   #138
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Ive held my Prince Charlie shares, and stuck the Divi into Sir Alex Ferguson. I expect him to make a few headlines this week with "United in Crisis" being on all the back pages.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 19:24   #139
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

And lo and Behold , Fergie gives me an opening PD of £2.46 ... way hay!
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 19:58   #140
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Ive held my Prince Charlie shares, and stuck the Divi into Sir Alex Ferguson. I expect him to make a few headlines this week with "United in Crisis" being on all the back pages.
the sports pages are not included in the column inch count...
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 20:01   #141
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
the sports pages are not included in the column inch count...
The shrapnel from the Magnier/Ferguson row over Rock of Gibraltar is still wandering around there, and Ferguson is a good buy in that any mention of Beckham inevitably brings mention of Fergie.

And Beckham is regular front page news
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 17:43   #142
1-X
overtired

it's that time of the week again

after spending the week in the Queen, I'm now spending the weekend in Patsy Kensit, hoping something better comes along by monday. Divi's on the Queen were like 100% (which was nice).
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 18:43   #143
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Im holding all my cash and not moving it into anything at all. After the Divi's , and one days update, my port now stands (having sold everything in it) at £999,878. Can someone remind me if the cap is done at 23:59 on Sunday night, or 23:59 on Monday night, so i know when to stick my cash into my chosen shares (Which will, inevitably, be whichever the biggets Divi offering is).
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 18:57   #144
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

mondays iirc.
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 19:05   #145
1-X
overtired

6am monday morning afaik
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 19:20   #146
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

username is RobertParker

add me to whatever please

turns out you want my UID...

User ID: 3676394

ta
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 20:01   #147
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Added
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 23:22   #148
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
No-one cares who's top/bottom of the league
who's top of the league?
I AM!, I AM!
who's top of the league?
1-X IS TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 04:05   #149
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

So, can i have some predictions please on who to invest my £999,878 into as soon as the cap is gone, so i can make my way to £2M by next week.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 04:16   #150
1-X
overtired

based on knowing what's coming up soon : no idea

based on following others like a sheep : Ulrika Jonsson, Jessie Wallace, Zoe Lucker, Frank Skinner, Johnny Depp.