User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:00   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Super Bowl XXXVIII predictions

New England Patriots v. Carolina Panthers

personally, I think the Panthers fluked their way into the big game and really don't stand much of a chance...but I have been known to be wrong once or twice.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict a 35-14 win for the New England Patriots

what say you?
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:01   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Super Bowl XXXVIII predictions

I've got a small bet on the Patriots to win by more than 6 or something like that.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:02   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll comment this time next year, at about half time.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:09   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Duff Lite all the way
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:12   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

patriots to win but I know nothing about the sport or these teams
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:41   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I predict it will be shit.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:42   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I predict it will be shit.
I like those odds!
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:51   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont know enough about both teams nor do i have any affiliation with either. So naturally ill be rooting for carolina. Underdogs +++++++

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:51   #9
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Patriots to win, 20-17.

They'd better...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:40   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Patriots to win, 20-17.

They'd better...
that was my initial prediction for the game, but since that was the score 2 years ago when the Pats beat the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI...I figured it wouldn't be repeated this year

so again...35-14 Pats
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:44   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Also the score for the Baltimore playoff game.

I think it might be that close. Either that or the Pats will blow them away.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:59   #12
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I predict I'll be sitting in a Brady's Irish bar at about 6pm this evening, supping on a Guinness.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 18:07   #13
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

I predict that advertisers will spend alot of money.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 19:09   #14
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

i predict that it is actually Panthers vs. Patriots and that i won't be able to see it...
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 19:13   #15
skiddy
wild one

Sky Sports One - 10:00pm GMT

"The Greatest Show On Turf"
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 21:48   #16
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Panthers to win 27-21

go go underdogs
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 22:02   #17
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be the XXXVIII Super Bowl I have not seen.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 22:17   #18
skiddy
wild one

I have chips, I have hot dogs, I have bottles.

SKY SPORTS BRING IT ON!
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 22:28   #19
skiddy
wild one

Are we going to use this thread for real time updates on the game?
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 00:24   #20
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

yay the sport where americans prance about in tights is abotu to begin.

but its still hilarious - gonna go watch it.

go panthers! (under-dogs are always the uber)

Last edited by Zar; 2 Feb 2004 at 00:31.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 00:48   #21
skiddy
wild one

Panthers?

Piss off!

Go Patriots!

We'd have been ahead if he hadn't missed a field goal I could have put away!

Still, we're back on the offense.
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 01:05   #22
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
We'd have been ahead if he hadn't missed a field goal I could have put away!

Still, we're back on the offense.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=174904
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 01:27   #23
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

In cases such as this there are two criteria that can influence my support.
One, do I own an item of clothing bearing that teams logo? In this case the answer is no.
Two, Which team sounds the best? In this case, the answer can only be England. It may not be the real England, but it's close enough for my needs.
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 01:32   #24
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
i predict that it is actually Panthers vs. Patriots and that i won't be able to see it...
is it not on Sat 1 anymore? ()last time i watched it was 2-3 years ago)
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 01:34   #25
skiddy
wild one

Firstly, Nodrog can Fk right off with his 'we' thing on this occassion.
Secondly, I have a Patriots Jersey, a Patriots ball and a Patriots cap.
Thirdly, I agree with Jammers on the England part, but the Patriots still sounds better than the Panthers.
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 01:34   #26
skiddy
wild one

It's on C5 and Sky Sports One in the UK, its on CBS and FOX in the US I believe, unsure about other countries etc....
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 04:53   #27
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Patriots win 32-29

I was a bit off :\

Last edited by Dilly_D; 2 Feb 2004 at 05:01.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 10:27   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I've got a small bet on the Patriots to win by more than 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
Patriots win 32-29
Bollocks.
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 10:53   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

very big men, running fast and hitting hard
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:32   #30
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

both halves ended with
touchdown!
touchdown!
touchdown!
field goal!

right in a row.

only difference between the halves was a couple TDs in the mid second half.

odd.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:46   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I lost £10 in total on that game

Bets made by Deffeh

£5 with my mate that carolina would win
£0.50 A. Smith First Touchdown
£0.50 S. Smith First Touchdown
£1.00 T. Brown First Touchdown
£0.50 Third Quarter Highest Scoring
£0.50 Carolina to win by 7-12 Points
£1.00 Opening score Carolina Field Goal
£1.00 Half/Full time Carolina/Carolina

Shot down again. Ive been 18 for a week and i make my losses in the region of £60

Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:49   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Id also like to note that the Superbowl was immense this year, entirely making up for last years, and must be a contender surely for one of the best ever

Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:53   #33
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Id also like to note that the Superbowl was immense this year, entirely making up for last years, and must be a contender surely for one of the best ever
Seconded, one of the greatest games of football I've seen in a long long time.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 11:32   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They should have given the superbowl to Delhomme and just told everyone else to **** off :(
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:15   #35
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Bollocks.
Why did you gamble on something that we didn't say was safe?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:17   #36
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

tbh it was the most boring start to a superbowl ever.

Pre-show wasn't special by any standards and usually I'm impressed by aerosmith and it took soooo sooo very long to get started.

Second half was ace though.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 18:25   #37
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I thought we would have a thread dedicated to the last tit incident.