User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2005, 23:53   #1
Blue52

Blue52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Americas beliefs

On TV I have heard people give results of opinion polls that I found surprising and so I have done searches on the internet for polls of three subjects. The results I think are interesting.

The first is the belief that the world was created no less than 10,000 years ago in genesis. A poll was conducted by Gallup and 45% of Americans said "God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so" The Gallup I believe is well respected because I hear the news use there polls alot. I also read that the New york Times conducted a poll and found 1/3 believed in Genesis.
Source
http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/cu.../evol-poll.htm
http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/login.aspx?ci=14107

Seconed, the belief that WMD were found in Iraq after the war. I don't know anything about Harris but they did a poll on June 18, 2003 wich asked "Do you believe that clear evidence of weapons of mass destruction has been found in Iraq, or not?" and 35% said there was clear evidence they were found.
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/har...ex.asp?PID=383
Another poll was taken by the "Program on International Policy Attitudes" or PIPA, it said this
"Before the war overwhelming majorities believed Iraq hadweapons of mass destruction. Though it now appears this belief may have been incorrect, it does not seem appropriate to call this a misperception because it was so widespread at the time, even within the intelligence community.
However, a striking misperception occurred after the war, when the US failed to find any weapons of mass destruction or even any solid evidence of a WMD program. PIPA/KN first asked in May whether respondents thought that the US has or has not "found Iraqi weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq, and 34% said the US had (another 7% did not know). In June, Harris Interactive subsequently asked "Do you believe clear evidence of weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq or not?" and 35% said that it had. PIPA/KN asked again In late July, NBC/Wall Street Journal asked whether the US has been successful in "finding evidence of weapons of mass destruction," and 22% said that it had. Harris asked again in mid-August and found 27% saying that evidence of WMD had been found." http://propaganda.lege.net/mispercep...ons_report.txt

Third is the belief in how much of the US federal budget goes to foregin aid. The PIPA conducted a questionnarie http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/BF...tionnaire.html One of the questions was "Just based on what you know, please tell me your hunch about what percentage of the federal budget goes to foreign aid. You can answer in fractions of percentage points as well as whole percentage points." the Median was 20.0% and the Mean was 24.0%. The actual amount was less then 1% but I don't know how much, I also heard several times that most of it goes to Isreal. Anther question was "I'd like to know your best guess. Of all the aid given by wealthy countries to poor countries to help them develop their economies, what percentage do you think is given by the US?" Median 33.0%, Mean 36.8%. This poll was discused by PIPA here http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/BFW/finding1.html on it references are made to similar studies with similar results. For more http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/BFW/toc.html

I'm courious what Europeans think about this. Does this help explain why Bush was re-elected?
Blue52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:04   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: Americas beliefs

yeah, there certainly are some americans who aer just a bit ignorant.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:04   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I'm Blue Dub Ba Dee Dub A Dah Dub A Dee Dub A Doo
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:04   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't trust statistics, but if this is true, I can't say I'm suprised. However, if you put other national-pride questions for other nations, like asking Norwegians about our foregin aid or how cool we are against the poor, you would probably get simmilar differences in truth and people's opinions.
You can't **** with patriotism

That being said, America does come out as a more retarded country then most European countires. I mean, the people. Fox News is just stupid, but as far as i remeber, it's the most watched news channel in Amerikkka, right?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:11   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeh unfortunately a lot of Americans are idiots. Also propaganda is pretty good over there.
But hey - it's nothing we didn't know already

On the foreign aid thing - it's less than 0.1% isn't it? one of the smallest percentages in the world.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:14   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Americas beliefs

I'm afraid of America, I'm afraid of the world, etc.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:17   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm afraid of MM.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:18   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue52
I'm courious what Europeans think about this. Does this help explain why Bush was re-elected?
What in the name of god does the third poll have to do with bush getting re-elected?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:21   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Peasants everywhere are this stupid. Look at the readership figures of such bastions of enlightenment as The Sun, The Mirror, and The Daily Hate Mail, for instance.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:31   #10
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I believe I read in a norwegian paper that USA gives about 0.13% of their BNP to foreign aid. As for what Europeans thinks of their own foreign aid, I believe Norway gives around 1% of our BNP to foreign aid.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:32   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie
I believe I read in a norwegian paper that USA gives about 0.13% of their BNP to foreign aid. As for what Europeans thinks of their own foreign aid, I believe Norway gives around 1% of our BNP to foreign aid.
I wish they gave more of the BNP to third world countries
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:33   #12
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What in the name of god does the third poll have to do with bush getting re-elected?
i think it was meant as a measure of general cluelessness
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:33   #13
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
GDP

However it would be hilarious if we could give the BNP as foreign aid!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:35   #14
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Can we ban him for trolling*?

*Coming up with a valid point [/sunday defence]
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:36   #15
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

I think a lot of the countries in europe say 'Brutto' (i know we do) instead of 'Gross'.

ill say something about the subject tomorrow. for now 'people in general are stupid' should be enough.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:41   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Can we ban him for trolling*?

*Coming up with a valid point [/sunday defence]
Amusingly enough this thread was created by someone using an extremely similar IP. However this thread has a slight point, even if it does just state the staggeringly obvious and expect some ridiculous anti-american comments.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:41   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I should point out to our uneducated and largely unwashed foreign readers that The BNP is a racist political party in the UK.

This is why the concept of giving a greater proportion of BNP in foreign aid was a notion of infinite hilarity and delight.*

*It prompted JBG to have a furious wanking session.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:43   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Both MM and JBG post AT THE SAME TIME about wanking - coincidence??
I think not.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:44   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

No diggity.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 00:59   #20
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

"Oh you've got to bag it up yes"

[/queens english accent]
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 01:04   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Both MM and JBG post AT THE SAME TIME about wanking - coincidence??
I think not.
Mutual masturbation with JBG?

I'll say.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 01:04   #22
skiddy
wild one

You'll say what?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 01:06   #23
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

He'll say.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 01:12   #24
skiddy
wild one

Yeah, we know that part. But what will he say?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 01:53   #25
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
As for what Europeans thinks of their own foreign aid, I believe Norway gives around 1% of our BNP to foreign aid.
Statistics again.

Remeber how much our own goverment takes out from the poor countires. When they took over Hydro instead of disbanding it, as they should (WW2), and they have Statoil, they are constantly ****ing up in Third World countires. I would belive that they make more money exploiting the third world then they give back to it. Of course, I might be wrong, but if you combine all the trade tariffs, the rules of the World Bank and WTO and so on, I'm pretty sure this applies to almost all of the western rich-white-western nations.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 02:00   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why should we give foreign aid?

they'll only spend it on booze.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 11:52   #27
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1312625/posts
i think that says it all.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 16:36   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
they'll only spend it on booze.
So will we.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 16:47   #29
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

America's beliefs

/jakiri