User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:03   #51
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Physicist Steven Hawkins has changed his mind about Black Holes...

I've never actually read a word of what he has written so I can't comment.
But it seems like mrL should know something about this subject, instead of the usual faking of it and discussing it anyway
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:05   #52
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Who would you categorise as a supermega genius, out of interest?
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:05   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
I've never actually read a word of what he has written so I can't comment.
But it seems like mrL should know something about this subject, instead of the usual faking of it and discussing it anyway
I'm having the problem that I used to know, and worked from the assumption that I did know, but have now forgotten.

It's like me justifying a form of thermonuclear fusion by reference to the theorised Carbon Cycle in stars, the problem is that I can't remember the exact path of the Carbon Cycle (no, not the one with the fishes and the trees and whatnot)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 05:58   #54
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Obviously anyone who dares to write anything outside of academic journals is self-publicizing and deserves to be castrated. Especially anyone actively involved in producing popularizations of a subject - how dare the layman think that he should be able to read about something that interests him without spending 6 years being initiated into the inner circle.

ic so Dawkins is a cnt rite? I think I will just go home and burn my copies of the Blind Watchmaker, Selfish Gene and so on, and then urinate on his effigy.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 05:59   #55
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri

Bonus post from radicaledward!
you destroyed my planned anti-intellectual image now (where did I say that one?)

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 06:03   #56
Radical Edward

Quote:
It's like me justifying a form of thermonuclear fusion by reference to the theorised Carbon Cycle in stars, the problem is that I can't remember the exact path of the Carbon Cycle (no, not the one with the fishes and the trees and whatnot)
human memory is now redundant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNO_cycle

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 08:16   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
human memory is now redundant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNO_cycle
Oh that wacky helium.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 11:20   #58
Radical Edward

Quote:
Oh that wacky helium.
the staple diet of the late Maurice Gibbs.

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:08   #59
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Physicist Steven Hawkins has changed his mind about Black Holes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Stone them, etc...
Wilhelm II had a withered arm.

I rest my case.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:27   #60
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Hawking had to a give fellow physicist of his a book on Baseball as part of a bet they made.

KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:51   #61
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
Apparently Hawking had to a give fellow physicist of his a book on Baseball as part of a bet they made.

In an interview with Hawking and the other scientists involved in the bet, Hawking says they bet a lifetime subscription to Penthouse and that the scientists wife didn't take to well to it.

Although that might have been another bet to do wtih Black Holes....how many damn bets do these guys HAVE?!
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 13:00   #62
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i'll find it!

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magaz...=true&x=53&y=2

it says there but the link to thstory doesn't work
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote