User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:16   #1
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
I need to learn about film facts and stuff

Today I realised that all i seem to talk about with a certain group of my friends (the normies) is girls, booze and how much we all hate this one lad. So, in an attempt to be the non-sad version of 1337 (probably 'kool') I want to kn ow the 'interesting' stuff with cult films like (to name some I heard being talked about today) Trainspotting and Donnie Darko. I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but by the amount of people talking about it it was probably very kool at some time.

I mean directors, actors, useless facts and whatever seems fit to talk about tuesday to thursday when nobody's mentioning weekend antics - any websites and such you know of that could help me here?
________
___
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:17   #2
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
uh, watch them?
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:17   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The less I find out about what the writer/director meant for DD, the less I like the film.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:20   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ps www.imdb.com
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:20   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Do not watch Donnie Darko, it is neither good nor cool in any sense of the word(s).

Any attempt by you to encourage people to watch it or talk about it in any way will only make you less cool.

Did you know that Cameron Diaz is allegedly dating Justin Timberlake? There's some info about actors for you.

Oh, and Trainspotting is very good. Very '90s though so it may not be considered cool anymore.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:23   #6
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The less I find out about what the writer/director meant for DD, the less I like the film.
Don't you mean 'the more you find out about it'?
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:26   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Don't you mean 'the more you find out about it'?
No, as there are several areas of factoids.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:33   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Watch "Shinjuku Triad Society", "stacy - the attack of the schoolgirl zombies", and "salo or the 120 soddom".
You should have a lot to talk about, if your mind is still intact.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:35   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
JUSTIN

ROBBIE (AND WHY ROBBIE IS LESS COOL)

PHARELL (AND WHY PHARELL SHOULD JUST WORK WITH PEOPLE AND NOT WORK SOLO)

J LO 'LOSING IT'

basically talk 'bout the tabloits and show biz news.

ITS TEH ACE.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 22:46   #10
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
donnie darko and trainspotting are ace. fight club and american beauty are also essential (my 4 favourite films all there !), and perhaps you should go retro with some 60s/70s films

but anyway i'm not going to help you bar that, and i haven't helped at all
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 23:53   #11
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Basketball Diaries

Watch. Now.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:21   #12
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Marlon Brando is completely bonkers, so that's a good source of anecdotes. The Island of Dr. Moreau is just about true to life.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:23   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I liked Donnie Darko. I mean come on, there's a giant bunny in it. I don't care what the **** the rest of the movie is about that counts for something.

Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
Goodfellas
Godfather I and II
Bladerunner

There are some classic movies you can talk about for ages.

PS If you go retro watch Some Like It Hot.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:24   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

A giant EVIL bunny

ps

Transformers the Movie!

On a more serious note,

Mulholland Drive
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:28   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The Big Lebowski

We spent at least an hour talking about that film last Friday heh.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:30   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We spent at least an hour talking about that film last Friday heh.
Nobody ****s with the Jesus.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:32   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Nobody ****s with the Jesus.

The best lines don't really translate though
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:35   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
The best lines don't really translate though
Nadie coge con el Jesús!
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:34   #19
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
rent/buy every dvd from troma. If the film was directed or produced by LLoyd Kaufman, and its on DVD, it will most likly have a comentary which is ussually highly informitive and entertaining.

edit:

i wish i could go to this:
http://www.screenwriterstore.co.uk/i...af?_P=PRD10687
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan

Last edited by cnaw; 23 Sep 2003 at 02:42.
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:46   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I liked Donnie Darko. I'm not one to analyse films deeply, I hate people who do that. I like how the pedophile had his house burnt down though ^_^

Just watch films. It's not hard. You can rent them very cheaply I discovered from the library (I'm not a library person myself, my girlfriend showed me though and I was all whoa).

Another of my favourite films from last year was 28 Days Later. That's rather good.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 20:29   #21
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Do not watch Donnie Darko, it is neither good nor cool in any sense of the word(s).

Any attempt by you to encourage people to watch it or talk about it in any way will only make you less cool.

Did you know that Cameron Diaz is allegedly dating Justin Timberlake? There's some info about actors for you.

Oh, and Trainspotting is very good. Very '90s though so it may not be considered cool anymore.
if TP was eminently 90´s
then what would you say to be 2000´s?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 20:34   #22
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
if TP was eminently 90´s
then what would you say to be 2000´s?
Good question

If you're talking specifically about movies then I can't really think of one right now. It's hard to define an era when you're living it.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 21:51   #23
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
Okay, I'll probably end up renting them, which means I better hurry up and get a job...

Anyone got any openings for easy Saturday jobs in Liverpool?

(NO MANSeXoR)
________
___
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote