User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jun 2003, 10:54   #1
ItotheDtotheI

Scan - Free Stuff?

Ok, so my order has arrived finally \o/ But it was delivered to my parents address and being the people that they are, rather than ring me and tell me it's arrived, they have spent the past 2 hours opening everything!

Apparently Scan have also sent me :

Motor Bike Handle Bar USB2

and a spindle of CDs.

Do they do this often? I'm not going to phone them to ask.. :ninja:
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 13:51   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
If they don't ask for it back, or they havn't invoiced you for it, then you could keep it, I'd wait for a few weeks at least.

AFAIK you can claim the extra stuff was a "gift" under UK law or something like that.

Or if you are a good, honest person you could send it back, in which case you'd have to pay the carriage, then they SHOULD refund it, this way is more hassle

I'd keep it, serves scan right imo
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 17:38   #3
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Re: Scan - Free Stuff?

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
Ok, so my order has arrived finally \o/ But it was delivered to my parents address and being the people that they are, rather than ring me and tell me it's arrived, they have spent the past 2 hours opening everything!

Apparently Scan have also sent me :

Motor Bike Handle Bar USB2

and a spindle of CDs.

Do they do this often? I'm not going to phone them to ask.. :ninja:
You obviously dont read the "Free stuff we send you when you spend over £???" section
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 11:59   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yes, they do send free stuff. Generally things like a free mouse, or whatever they've got excess stock at the time.

But yes, under the Unsolicited Goods Act, you're entitled to keep anything delivered to your home if they don't ask for it back within a set period (this period is less if you inform the company in question).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 15:56   #5
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

But yes, under the Unsolicited Goods Act, you're entitled to keep anything delivered to your home if they don't ask for it back within a set period (this period is less if you inform the company in question).

6 Months uninformed and 30 days informed.

(Had a run-in with a book company)

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote