User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 14:46   #1
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Learndirect stuff

Im currently doing a BTEC college course and I have the option of taking some learndirect courses outside of college in my 'spare' time for free. Acording to my tutor they are pretty easy and do in your own time, at your own pace courses.

Has anyone else took them or had any experience with them? And are they any good?
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 15:29   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I started on of the free ones a while ago.

It was all about webservers and basic networking.

Very easy.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 21:25   #3
Sally
Yo' Bitch

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Learndirect stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
Im currently doing a BTEC college course and I have the option of taking some learndirect courses outside of college in my 'spare' time for free. Acording to my tutor they are pretty easy and do in your own time, at your own pace courses.

Has anyone else took them or had any experience with them? And are they any good?
People do them in my college computer lab. They are very easy - like, "Which button do you click to send a new email?" easy. The average age of people taking them is around 55, too. Make of that what you will.

Sally
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 00:12   #4
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Learndirect stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by Sally
People do them in my college computer lab. They are very easy - like, "Which button do you click to send a new email?" easy. The average age of people taking them is around 55, too. Make of that what you will.

Sally
They are free, and considering there are about 15 to pick from ranging from turning the PC on to C++ and they are all done at home in your own time I might as well do them
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 10:24   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
"They are easy".

No, what you mean is "The one's I've done are easy".

In my alter-ego (i.e. The Real World) I'm actually an e-learning researcher/developer. So I heartily recommend anything which keeps me employed ;-)

But seriously, the LearnDirect stuff is actually not terribly hardcore, but it's good as introductions to subjects, to get you to study further. Which is the idea I guess.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote