User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:29   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Just got my phone bill :-(

I sent over 300 texts last month apparently

Is it possible to text in your sleep as i've got no idea how i managed over 10 texts a day :-(
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:31   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Do you often leave your phone in places where friends/family/strangers can get hold of it easily, and fast, whitout you knowing it?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:32   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Do you often leave your phone in places where friends/family/strangers can get hold of it easily, and fast, whitout you knowing it?
never
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:35   #4
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Say how much do you pay for your texts there over the bright blue sea?

My calculations, which might be wrong since I'm not very good with this currency thing, show that here in Norway I pay 5,75 cent for each text.

Matrim
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:38   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i sent 183 last month....
today i changed my price plan so i pay 5 quid or summing and get 100 free per month. it should cut down the bill by about 5 quid.

also my price plan now costs 15 quid rather than the absurdly high £35 Ex vat...

it seems they have been scamming me since march.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:41   #6
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
i sent 183 last month....
today i changed my price plan so i pay 5 quid or summing and get 100 free per month. it should cut down the bill by about 5 quid.

also my price plan now costs 15 quid rather than the absurdly high £35 Ex vat...

it seems they have been scamming me since march.
i get 100 free texts and free minutes etc for 20 quid a month tho need to renew contract/upgrade phone soonish
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:46   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
never
Maybe you've been "hacked" or something. A friend of mine talks about hacking cellphones all the time, to make a identical sim-card, so that he can send sms'es and ring on another persons bill.
I seems pretty stupid to me, as its not that hard to do a backup check to see what numbers you have rung/sms'ed to, but it migth be possible?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:47   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
srvs u ryt 4 txtn in da 1st playc! lv dffh xXx

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:51   #9
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
srvs u ryt 4 txtn in da 1st playc! lv dffh xXx
how is playc any shorter than place?

:P
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:53   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
how is playc any shorter than place?

:P
since when did that matter to text messagers?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:56   #11
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm on prepay, and texts cost me NZ20cents a msg.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 13:58   #12
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Maybe you've been "hacked" or something. A friend of mine talks about hacking cellphones all the time, to make a identical sim-card, so that he can send sms'es and ring on another persons bill.
I seems pretty stupid to me, as its not that hard to do a backup check to see what numbers you have rung/sms'ed to, but it migth be possible?
Duplicating a simcard is impossible.

Trust me on this one.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 14:04   #13
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
since when did that matter to text messagers?
surely the point is to save space as most texts have like a 160 character limit or whatever

you're not implying ppl spk lk ths jst 2 lk kool r u?
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 14:29   #14
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
I get 300 Free texts for £10 a month.

Calls I pay for, but I barely call anyone, just text.

And people who use 'tx spk' are teh gay.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 15:17   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
kool
kewl

Unread 30 Jun 2003, 15:27   #16
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
I get 300 Free texts for £10 a month.

Calls I pay for, but I barely call anyone, just text.

Genie ?
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:10   #17
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BarbieKen

Trust me on this one.
It is possible.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:14   #18
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Trust me on this one.
Google disagrees.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:15   #19
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
It is possible.
Alrighty. I actually sell them daily, and work with the people making it possible to even use them. Kindly tell me how it can be possible to duplicate the sim number. It might be that your system in England allows this, but I can tell you that our digital network in Norway is not allowing two on one number.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:22   #20
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Google disagrees.
It's in many cases called a twin card. It's not the same number, however it's a direct call transfer to the main number on both. The main number acts as the mother card, and the second one is a sub number. If two similar SIM-Numbers are active on the same subscription both will be cut of. It's not discussable. It's the way it is.

Edit: I'll allow you to argue the fact that there can be made a duplicate card, but you won't get to use it and your subscription won't be usable. And you can only have network with one at a time.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:41   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
surely the point is to save space as most texts have like a 160 character limit or whatever

you're not implying ppl spk lk ths jst 2 lk kool r u?
'kool' is one example

my point was that people go out of their way to make text messages impossible to read

It's more annoying now, when all phones come installed with predictive text. People say that it doesnt save time, but I never understood that. To bring up 'r' you have to press 7 three times, but you could type 'are' for the same amount of key preses.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 19:47   #22
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
To bring up 'r' you have to press 7 three times, but you could type 'are' for the same amount of key preses.
1 character

3 characters

texts have 160 char limit

you picked a bad example
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 20:39   #23
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
People who actually bother to write dozens of SMS in a month with their phones are sad.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 00:31   #24
Neon Wilderness

Neon Wilderness is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
People who actually bother to write dozens of SMS in a month with their phones are sad.
where as..

people without friends to text are, well, sadder.
Neon Wilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 00:34   #25
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I get sick to death of advising you retards who know nothing about their usage.

Dont ever buy a phone from me or I'll stick you on a £110 a month tarriff for ****s and giggles.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 00:37   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Also what you are talking about - having two sims (or more) tied into one number is totally possible, its actually a service we OFFER at Vodafone, called multi-sim.

If the network can offer it, other people can crack it, so I'm sure it is indeed possible.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 00:40   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Neon Wilderness
where as..

people without friends to text are, well, sadder.
I prefer seeing my friends. Texting is so **** on many levels.

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 00:50   #28
Flobble
Glaswegian Aussie

Flobble is an unknown quantity at this point
i sent 470 txts last month.... i think i'm addicted.... *hmmz*

however i get 500 free a month, and i was organising my party, so it's kinda justified....
Flobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 01:51   #29
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I send too many texts, I work for BT so I'm on the phone ****loads, I've now taken a dislike to using phones in general.

stupid job.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 02:19   #30
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Flobble
i sent 470 txts last month.... i think i'm addicted.... *hmmz*

however i get 500 free a month, and i was organising my party, so it's kinda justified.... :p

Long time no see.

How was first year?

You get into second year?
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 03:30   #31
inf
Banned

Quote:
Alrighty. I actually sell them daily, and work with the people making it possible to even use them. Kindly tell me how it can be possible to duplicate the sim number. It might be that your system in England allows this, but I can tell you that our digital network in Norway is not allowing two on one number.
are you a sim card engineer?

no, didn't think so.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 03:31   #32
inf
Banned

Quote:
but I can tell you that our digital network in Norway is not allowing two on one number.
That doesn't stop sim cars being copied, that stops them being used.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 13:32   #33
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
That doesn't stop sim cars being copied, that stops them being used.
Wich kinda makes it void.

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
are you a sim card engineer?

no, didn't think so.
What the devil do you know about that? Additionally, what's your qualification, except from google, to know anything about SIM Cards?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Also what you are talking about - having two sims (or more) tied into one number is totally possible, its actually a service we OFFER at Vodafone, called multi-sim.

If the network can offer it, other people can crack it, so I'm sure it is indeed possible.
It's a separate imsi # for each card. Yes you can use them both on the same number, but it's not a duplicate, nor is it a copy. It's a sub number connected with the main number. Both cards accepts incomming on the same number, but it's not, I repeat for the last time, not the same sim number.

If you ignorant ****heads are mistaking SIM number with Phone numbers I'll forgive you, but in any other case, shut the hell upp!
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 13:54   #34
inf
Banned

Quote:
Wich kinda makes it void.
No, it doesn't. Blocking multiple SIMs is network specific (as shown above).

Quote:

What the devil do you know about that? Additionally, what's your qualification, except from google, to know anything about SIM Cards?
I'm qualified enough to make you look stupid.

Quote:

It's a separate imsi # for each card. Yes you can use them both on the same number, but it's not a duplicate, nor is it a copy. It's a sub number connected with the main number. Both cards accepts incomming on the same number, but it's not, I repeat for the last time, not the same sim number.
so what? you can create an identical copy of the SIM card, just the network provider probably won't allow both to be used at the same time.

this doesn't stop somone using the copied sim when the other sim isn't connected to the network.

Quote:

If you ignorant ****heads are mistaking SIM number with Phone numbers I'll forgive you, but in any other case, shut the hell upp!
Please go to troll school.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 14:09   #35
BarbieKen

5/10 for Trolling
3/10 for Creativity
0 for Wits
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 14:22   #36
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
I'm qualified enough to make you look stupid.

No!

so what? you can create an identical copy of the SIM card, just the network provider probably won't allow both to be used at the same time.

Do you know what imsi # is?

this doesn't stop somone using the copied sim when the other sim isn't connected to the network.

I would like to see you try.
I bet I could buy components and workprints for a nuclear device from internet and blow up your house.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 14:39   #37
inf
Banned

Quote:
I bet I could buy components and workprints for a nuclear device from internet and blow up your house.
I bet I could make money by filming you chocking to death on my penis and selling the video on the internet.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 14:45   #38
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I always cringe when i see how many texts i send when i'm hammered on a saturday night!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 15:04   #39
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
I bet I could make money by filming you chocking to death on my penis and selling the video on the internet.
homo