User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:02   #1
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I am willing to bribe someone.

I will give a dollar to whatever mod deletes Rico's "I'm a raging homophobe look at me look at me" thread and the "some dumb kid od's on the internet and even though we already discussed it we should do it again now" thread.

I can bribe in several different currencies, so exchange is not a problem.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:04   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got ~12p in my nochex account to back you up on.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:05   #3
Spüg

What if you're not a mod? Can I still have the dollar?

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:06   #4
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
If you can delete the threads, yes.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:07   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: I am willing to bribe someone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
I will give a dollar to whatever mod deletes Rico's "I'm a raging homophobe look at me look at me" thread and the "some dumb kid od's on the internet and even though we already discussed it we should do it again now" thread.

\o/
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:09   #6
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Hello, im going to chicago next year
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:13   #7
Asper

Re: I am willing to bribe someone.

Quote:

I'll add an dollar to that...

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:18   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
If I post something offensively homophobic, then delete it, can I have a dollar too?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:19   #9
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
If I post something offensively homophobic, then delete it, can I have a dollar too?
Sure I'll cram it up your arse...

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:36   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Asper
Sure I'll cram it up your arse...
That works best if you use a large coin with sharpened edges
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:50   #11
RiCo

Another personal Assult thread.

Clause 3 : Flaming

I understand that a large part of the forums is "taking the 'mickey' out of people" but to actually attack their person is wrong. Being verbally attacked by people in groups is unfair and is not, in my opinion, at all allowable. Its childish and immature and will be stopped. A line needs to be drawn between "taking the mickey" and going for the his/her throat. Its putting alot of people off posting because they dont want to be aggressivly hounded for expressing an opinion. Elitist behaviour and demeaning people due to their position in society is also strictly forbidden. Failure to comply with this will lead to a strike being issued.

Clause 11 : You the Users

You the user must at all times act as you would if in a public place within any country. This may be an online discussion forum but it does not mean you can act and behave as though nothing you say really matters. There are real users responding to you and these real users have opinions and emotions. It is in part upto you the user to make the Planetarion Forums a user-friendly place to be. If you behave in a manner which encourages others to follow suit the Forums will become an easier place to talk and contain a more friendly atmosphere. If you decide to break the rules detailed above then you are harming yourself just as much as others.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:56   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by RiCo
**** off you redneck prick.

NOW it's a personal assault thread.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 16:59   #13
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

I bet you feel real good about yourself now.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:03   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
You cum guzzling retard.
Whose side are you on dude?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:03   #15
Asper

Quote:
I bet you feel real good about yourself now.
She isn't the one who's gratifying themselves by discriminating an entire group of ppl.

I really wonder what happened in your childhood that made you so *bitter* about other ppl's happyness, either that or you're just a really twisted individual.

Or maybe you're just a 12 yr old who's ignored by his parents and is trying to cure his attention-deprivation by spouting nonsense on random forums.

I'm not sure which of the options hits more home, enlighten me Rico...

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:07   #16
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by Asper
She isn't the one who's gratifying themselves by discriminating an entire group of ppl.

I really wonder what happened in your childhood that made you so *bitter* about other ppl's happyness, either that or you're just a really twisted individual.

Or maybe you're just a 12 yr old who's ignored by his parents and is trying to cure his attention-deprivation by spouting nonsense on random forums.

I'm not sure which of the options hits more home, enlighten me Rico...
You could not comprehend my thoughts. They are far out of your reach. If you want enlightenment, see a priest.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:08   #17
Nicole

Quote:

Clause 3 : Flaming

I understand that a large part of the forums is "taking the 'mickey' out of people" but to actually attack their person is wrong. Being verbally attacked by people in groups is unfair and is not, in my opinion, at all allowable. Its childish and immature and will be stopped. A line needs to be drawn between "taking the mickey" and going for the his/her throat. Its putting alot of people off posting because they dont want to be aggressivly hounded for expressing an opinion. Elitist behaviour and demeaning people due to their position in society is also strictly forbidden. Failure to comply with this will lead to a strike being issued.

Clause 11 : You the Users

You the user must at all times act as you would if in a public place within any country. This may be an online discussion forum but it does not mean you can act and behave as though nothing you say really matters. There are real users responding to you and these real users have opinions and emotions. It is in part upto you the user to make the Planetarion Forums a user-friendly place to be. If you behave in a manner which encourages others to follow suit the Forums will become an easier place to talk and contain a more friendly atmosphere. If you decide to break the rules detailed above then you are harming yourself just as much as others.

Do you have a point? If you're trying to accuse me of being hypocritical you've failed. I'm not asking the mods to delete your thread because it breaks the rules. I could give a **** if it does really. I'm asking them to delete it because I'll give them a dollar for it and dollars are more useful then the discussions I have mentioned.

If you posted the above to point out my own rulebreaking then my response will have to be:

WE NEED THE FUNK. GOTTA HAVE THAT FUNK.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:09   #18
Asper

Quote:
You could not comprehend my thoughts. They are far out of your reach. If you want enlightenment, see a priest.

you're right an obnoxious anal-retarded homophobe's thoughts really are way out of my league, find a good shrink, ta.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:10   #19
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
She and me and the rest of the community, will feel better when you hang yourself.

You cum guzzling retard.
heh heh
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:11   #20
RiCo

Quote:
WE NEED THE FUNK. GOTTA HAVE THAT FUNK.
I kinda agree, that's why I don't really care about grouping together as an elitist society to flame me.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:12   #21
DarthDaddy

dont be mean to homosexuals, they are nice animals too you know.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:13   #22
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
I kinda agree, that's why I don't really care about grouping together as an elitist society to flame me.
Good.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:17   #23
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Good.
To bad I'm the one who does the work to keep them alive and funky. Also, it's a shame yours got deleted.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:19   #24
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
To bad I'm the one who does the work to keep them alive and funky. Also, it's a shame yours got deleted.
Heh

I deleted it myself you twat

Now take the hint.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:33   #25
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
You cum guzzling retard.
I think this is the heart of the problem, he WANTS to 'guzzle cum' but is too scared to come out of the closet hence his hostility towards those who have.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:35   #26
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If you weren't so obnoxious then you wouldn't get flamed in the first place.

It really isn't that difficult to understand.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:42   #27
RiCo

Quote:
I think this is the heart of the problem, he WANTS to 'guzzle cum' but is too scared to come out of the closet hence his hostility towards those who have.
You see, this is where you are mistaken. The heart of the problem is that YOU DON'T WANT TO GUZZLE CUM.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:43   #28
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
You see, this is where you are mistaken. The heart of the problem is that YOU DON'T WANT TO GUZZLE CUM.
Aha, I see it all now. You're jealous!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:46   #29
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought rico was a prick before 'the' retarded threads.

So I win :P
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:47   #30
RiCo

Quote:
Aha, I see it all now. You're jealous!
Nono.. I already have a girlfriend who takes care of that. I just don't think it's ethical to play for the wrong team.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:48   #31
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Question.

Is it wrong to harbour "homophobic feelings" completely or is it only wrong to express them?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:48   #32
RiCo

Quote:
You make me sick. Give me your address and i'll send youa tyburn knot
Kinky.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:52   #33
RiCo

Quote:
Do you know what tyburn knots are used for ?
Do you know what a car is?

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:57   #34
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Do you know what tyburn knots are used for ?
Make him dance the Tyburn jig \o/

N.B. If this wasn't a reference to that Tyburn forget I made this post.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 17:58   #35
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

****ing lol!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:00   #36
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
Question.

Is it wrong to harbour "homophobic feelings" completely or is it only wrong to express them?
Define 'wrong'. I view homophobia as a sign of mental sickness (a neurosis if you like) but to be honest as long as it's not openly displayed I don't really care. People can think what they like, if they express it publicly then I am also free to react how I like. Freedom is a wonderful thing
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:03   #37
RiCo

Quote:
Define 'wrong'. I view homophobia as a sign of mental sickness (a neurosis if you like) but to be honest as long as it's not openly displayed I don't really care. People can think what they like, if they express it publicly then I am also free to react how I like. Freedom is a wonderful thing
Your not really in a position to define mental illness.

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:04   #38
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Quote:
You're not really in a position to adequately define masculinity.

OH BUT WAIT.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:05   #39
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Fortunately medical science has caught up with the world and neither the DSM IV or ICM 10 class homosexuality as paraphilias these days. Phobias are well documented and classified within them though.

Ah, you probably don't even know what they are though.

[edit]

Quote:
Homophobia as Psychiatric Pathology: Homophobia can be diagnosed using current DSM IV classification of mental disease.
\o/

[/edit]
das blinkenlights!!!

Last edited by Gayle29uk; 5 Feb 2003 at 18:11.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:10   #40
GavGull
Here Today

Quote:
Wrong as in bad, evil, not in accord with one's personal set of ethics. I can't possibly define something as individual as 'wrong', I just asked to guage people's individual reactions.

On the subject of people Vermillion's "aardvark quote"; is it okay to "not want to know" about people's homosexuality and wrong to be disgusted by it, as that's certainly the sentiment that the prior reaction suggests to me.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:14   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Wrong as in bad, evil, not in accord with one's personal set of ethics. I can't possibly define something as individual as 'wrong', I just asked to guage people's individual reactions.
I think I answered this in my previous post, right and wrong are slippery concepts at best.
Quote:
On the subject of people Vermillion's "aardvark quote"; is it okay to "not want to know" about people's homosexuality and wrong to be disgusted by it, as that's certainly the sentiment that the prior reaction suggests to me.
See above. A sign of mental insecurity possibly, I'm not going to commit myself to right or wrong.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:14   #42
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
I thought rico was a prick before 'the' retarded threads.

So I win :P
HUZZAAA \o/
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:17   #43
Asper

Quote:
Because she's *god forbid* a lesbian???

Does being gay or harbouring gay feelings make us less worthy then for example *heterosexuals*

Plz do tell, I'd love to hear your twisted views on this kind of subjects.

Me...I *used* to have a friend, who started dissing me all of a sudden when he found out I swing both ways. Ppl who can't accept you for who you are, are above all not your friends, and generally really really sad ppl

Let's look at it this way:

Of course you can have your own oppinions, but you can also just have your own oppinions without having to state them in such a way you have done Rico.

Instead of acting so homophobic you could have started a *normal* (if such a think really exists on GD) thread stating the core of what you view as a problem.

Instead you immediately barged in like an elephant, being confrontational in each and every way, and you still believe that what you think is right, and what we think is wrong. There is no right and wrong, but at least we can see that, you on the other hand have probably had a plate in front of your head since you were born

Ppl who act like you will never change, and will never be totally happy as they always look for the wrong in people, but never remotely notice a person's good qualities.

*end of rant*

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:37   #44
GavGull
Here Today

Quote:
I think I answered this in my previous post, right and wrong are slippery concepts at best.
Everyone surely has their own conception of right and wrong, whether rational or no, but if you don't wish to delve into yours then that's fine. And don't think I mean to sound condescending if I do, I just recognise that different people discover more of their selves in different ways, and indeed that some might not even "want to know".

I personally feel I am naturally disgusted by male homosexuality*, and it's not something I can rationalise. Of course, when taken in consideration I feel perfectly comfortable talking to people I know to be gay; though I think I'd soon feel uncomfortable were we to speak of our sexual activities, as it were. Sure, I consider myself prejudiced in its most base form, though I do struggle to override my "gut feeling" in most circumstances, and this area is no different.

The stumbling block is, as ever, the nature of instinct. Is it any worse for me to feel disgusted by male homosexuality than for another male to feel attracted to one of his own gender? As at the end of the day we are likely to base the justification of our own feelings on the same root cause.

Not everyone sees things the way I do, and thats fine; some may not wish to tackle the extent of their own prejudice. Is it any worse, though, to express one's own feelings publicly? Of course, when opinion causes suffering in others then surely it should be contained (do not think that I endorse Hitler's treatment of homosexuals, for example), but I personally don't believe that people should be criticised for expression of their own beliefs. Particularly if that person may be unable to fully recognise the genesis of his or her belief, in fact by reacting radically to any such statement you are denying yourself the opportunity to help the "bigot" understand.

*It's important to note that I only feel 'disgusted' by male homosexuality.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 18:49   #45
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Everyone surely has their own conception of right and wrong, whether rational or no, but if you don't wish to delve into yours then that's fine. And don't think I mean to sound condescending if I do, I just recognise that different people discover more of their selves in different ways, and indeed that some might not even "want to know".
I (this isn't as condescending as it sounds, I promise) prefer not to judge other people or their morality unless it involves harming other people. That's what I meant by 'right and wrong are slippery'.
Quote:
I personally feel I am naturally disgusted by male homosexuality*, and it's not something I can rationalise. Of course, when taken in consideration I feel perfectly comfortable talking to people I know to be gay; though I think I'd soon feel uncomfortable were we to speak of our sexual activities, as it were. Sure, I consider myself prejudiced in its most base form, though I do struggle to override my "gut feeling" in most circumstances, and this area is no different.
Yet I have a friend I almost guarantee could have you in stitches by his telling of the (true, his partner spent 3 days in hospital) tale (including intimate details) of a friend who mistakenly grabbed the deep heat instead of the lube one dark drunken night. Comedy is a wonderful way of overcoming prejudice, especially in those who recognise the prejudice for what it is and dislike it within themselves.
Quote:
Not everyone sees things the way I do, and thats fine; some may not wish to tackle the extent of their own prejudice. Is it any worse, though, to express one's own feelings publicly? Of course, when opinion causes suffering in others then surely it should be contained (do not think that I endorse Hitler's treatment of homosexuals, for example), but I personally don't believe that people should be criticised for expression of their own beliefs.
If someone believes I am a sacreligious harlot who will burn in the fires of Hell (probably true but I digress) and tells me so quite vocally I'm likely to criticise. The suffering homophobia causes to many gay people is horrendous, 'coming out' shouldn't be a big deal but to so many it is. They're scared (rightly so in some cases) of losing their families and friends, of being a social pariah (or worse, the mythical token 'gay friend'), of being seen as 'different'. It shouldn't be like that, we're just the same as everyone else and one day that's the way it really will be. Sadly that day is not today
Quote:
Particularly if that person may be unable to fully recognise the genesis of his or her belief, in fact by reacting radically to any such statement you are denying yourself the opportunity to help the "bigot" understand.
I deal with homophobia in person very differently to the way I deal with it on the internet. Dealing with people in person you actually have a real chance to make them think seriously about the issue, on the net you don't. The LGBT rights movement wants friends not enemies.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 19:20   #46
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
didnt notice this thread till i searched for rico posts.

it's not deleted yet to leave the reason and warning up.

donate the cash to charity.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 19:24   #47
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
on a side note.
I'm rather annoyed at the retalliatory comments.

names have been noted.

DO NOT
FEED
THE TROLLS