User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:16   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Brainteaser of the Week

1. A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left?

2. If you take two apples from three apples, how many do you have?

3. A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word?

4. An electric train is traveling northwest at 95 miles per hour, and the wind is blowing southwest at 95 miles per hour. In which direction does the smoke blow?

5. Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

6. A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible?

7. Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:20   #2
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
1. 7
2. 2
5. All of them
6. they were born in different years
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:24   #3
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
3. Short -> Shorter
4. no smoke, its electric.
7. 11
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:24   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
4. backwards.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:25   #5
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
7.2 - Its a pair, even if they dont match
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:27   #6
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
3. short
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:34   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
1. couldn't give a ****
2. couldn't give a ****
3. couldn't give a ****
4. couldn't give a ****
5. couldn't give a ****
6. couldn't give a ****
7. couldn't give a ****
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:40   #8
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Brainteaser of the Week

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
5. Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? 1
All months have 28 days in

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:54   #9
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Re: Brainteaser of the Week

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2

3. A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word?

4. An electric train is traveling northwest at 95 miles per hour, and the wind is blowing southwest at 95 miles per hour. In which direction does the smoke blow?

5. Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

6. A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible?

7. Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair?
1. 7
2. 6
3. short
4. electric trains don't have smoke
5. 12
6. different months
7. 2, 3 if matching
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:10   #10
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
#3 Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible? It's not raining.

#4 You are a bus driver. At the first stop of the day, eight people get on board. At the second stop, four get off, and eleven get on. At the third stop, two get off, and six get on. At the fourth stop, thirteen get off, and one gets on. At the fifth stop, five get off, and three get on. At the sixth stop, three get off, and two get on. What color are the bus driver's eyes? Blue. (Or whatever color your eyes are)

#15 A horse is tied to a 30 foot rope. A haystack lies 40 feet away, but the horse is able to eat it. How is this possible? The other end of the rope isn't tied to anything.

#22 What do you call a man who was born in Columbus, raised in Cincinnati, and died in Chicago? A man?

#23 How many outs in an inning? 6 I believe

#25 If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first? None of them?

#26 If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you? One hour

#32 Do they have a 4th of July in England? No

#33 In North Carolina, is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister? Depends if she is dead like the man

#35 How can you take 1 from 19 and leave 20? -1

#37 How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that's two feet wide, three feet long, and four feet deep? None, it's a hole.

#42 Think of words ending in "gry." Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is. language

#44 George's mother had three children: one named April, one named May, and one named what? what
I knew the answers to some others too, but I forget.
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:23   #11
Add

#1 I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they? Solution

sorry i don't know american coins

#2 A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left? Solution

#3 Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible? Solution

it isn't raining

#4 You are a bus driver. At the first stop of the day, eight people get on board. At the second stop, four get off, and eleven get on. At the third stop, two get off, and six get on. At the fourth stop, thirteen get off, and one gets on. At the fifth stop, five get off, and three get on. At the sixth stop, three get off, and two get on. What color are the bus driver's eyes? Solution

brown

#5 If you take two apples from three apples, how many do you have? Solution

#6 A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word? Solution

short

#7 An electric train is traveling northwest at 95 miles per hour, and the wind is blowing southwest at 95 miles per hour. In which direction does the smoke blow? Solution

electric trains have no smoke

#8 Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? Solution

all of them

#9 A train leaves from New York City heading toward Los Angeles at 100 mph. Three hours later, a train leaves from Los Angeles heading toward New York City at 200 mph. Assume there's exactly 2000 miles between Los Angeles and New York City. When they meet, which train is closer to New York City? Solution

if they meet they are both in the exact same place, therefore they are both the same distance from NYC

#10 A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible? Solution

different months

#11 A man lives in a house with four walls. Each wall has a window. Each window has a southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear? Solution

white, innit

#12 Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair? Solution

2 for a pair, 3 for a matching pair

#13 A black man dressed all in black, wearing a black mask, stands at a crossroads in a totally black-painted town. All of the streetlights in town are broken. There is no moon. A black-painted car without headlights drives straight toward him, but turns in time and doesn't hit him. How did the driver know to swerve? Solution

it was daytime

#14 A man was born in 1964 and died in 1984 at the age of 25. How is this possible? Solution

it isn't.

#15 A horse is tied to a 30 foot rope. A haystack lies 40 feet away, but the horse is able to eat it. How is this possible? Solution

the other end of the rope isn't tied to anything

#16 Forward I'm heavy, backwards I'm not. What am I? Solution

no idea :\

#17 What two words have the most letters in it? Solution

do you mean in them?

#18 While on my way to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife had seven sacks;
Each sack had seven cats;
Each cat had seven kittens.
Kittens, cats, sacks, wives;
How many were going to St. Ives?
Solution

just you

#19 An encyclopedia consists of ten volumes (sitting next to each other, in order, on a shelf). Each volume contains one thousand pages. Excluding the covers of each volume, how many pages are between the first page of the encyclopedia and the last? Solution

5000 including the 1st and last pages. 4998 without.

#20 If a boy and a half can eat a hot dog and a half in a minute and a half, how long would it take six boys to eat six hot dogs? Solution

1 minute

#21 How long is the answer to this question? Solution

as long as i want it to be

#22 What do you call a man who was born in Columbus, raised in Cincinnati, and died in Chicago? Solution

american

#23 How many outs in an inning? Solution

don't follow baseball, but i would guess the same number as their are players batting

#24 How many birthdays does the average man have? Solution

75?

#25 If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first? Solution

lamp, there's no way one match is going to be enough to light a stove. come to think of it, you never said there was any wood in the stove, oil in the burner or kerosene in the lamp

#26 If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you? Solution

one and a half hours?

#27 An archeologist claims he found some gold coins dated 46 B.C. Do you believe him? Solution

depends on what he means by dated, if they had 46bc written on them, no, as they used a very different callender back then. it also depends on where he found them because afaik they didn't use gold to make coins in rome, which ruled the majority of the civilised world at the time(if memory serves), they used tin and copper

#28 Is it legal for a man living west of the Mississippi River to be buried east of the Mississippi River? Solution

indeed, he is still alive.

#29 Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer? Solution

#30 How many animals of each gender did Moses take aboard the ark? Solution

moses didn't take anyone on the ark, noah did

#31 A clerk in a butcher's shop is five foot ten. What does he weigh? Solution

meat

#32 Do they have a 4th of July in England? Solution

yes, it comes after the 3rd and before the 5th

#33 In North Carolina, is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister? Solution

no

#34 A man leaves home and takes three left turns. Upon arriving back home he comes across two men wearing masks. Who are these men? Solution

would he need to take 4 left turns to arrive home? and who said he walked the same distance on each turn

#35 How can you take 1 from 19 and leave 20? Solution

19--1 = 20??? other than that i have no idea

#36 Jack gave John the following challenge: "If you sit down in that chair, I bet I can make you get out of it before I run around the chair three times," he said.
"Aw, that's not fair," John said. "You'll just prick me with a pin or something."

"Nope," Jack said. "I won't touch you, either directly or with any object. If you get out of the chair, it'll be by your own choice."

John thought, accepted the challenge, and lo and behold, Jack won the bet. How did he do it?
Solution

he told john he pissed/shat/came on the chair before he sat on it?

#37 How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that's two feet wide, three feet long, and four feet deep? Solution

none

#38 A strong man at the circus can bench press 1200 pounds. How much can he lift with a pulley and a 25 foot rope when the rope weighs two pounds, the pulley is attached to the ceiling, the ceiling is 10 feet from the floor, and the man is standing on the floor? Solution

i have no idea

#39 How many grooves are there on an LP record? Solution

no idea

#40 What word is always spelled incorrectly? Solution

i don't know, what word is always spelt incorrectly?

#41 On what day(s) of the year does the sun rise and set at the same time of day? Solution

none

#42 Think of words ending in "gry." Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is. Solution

gry is a measure of one tenth of a line

#43 If eggs can be laid at the rate of eight every seven days, how many can a rooster lay in sixteen days? Solution

roosters don't lay eggs

#44 George's mother had three children: one named April, one named May, and one named what? Solution

oops, george

Last edited by Add; 3 Feb 2003 at 00:34.
Add is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:23   #12
Spüg

Quote:
i believe #44 is 'George' ..
and #22 dead
Ahhh, crap, you're right.

And #42 is language. Explain how you would get 'every'?
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:27   #13
Add

Quote:
Originally posted by Spüg
Ahhh, crap, you're right.

And #42 is language. Explain how you would get 'every'?
explain how you worked out language ends in gry
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:27   #14
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
#28 Is it legal for a man living west of the Mississippi River to be buried east of the Mississippi River? Solution

i don't see why not. is there some law against people being burried in different states to where they died/lived?
Ah, just remembered. He's still living, so no it's not legal to bury a man living, or something like that..
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:28   #15
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
explain how you worked out language ends in gry
It doesn't you twit, nor does every. Read the question again.

"there are three words in the english language."
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:29   #16
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
#1 I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they? Half dollar and a nickel (one is not a nickel )

#2 A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left? 7

#3 Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible? Not raining

#4 You are a bus driver. At the first stop of the day, eight people get on board. At the second stop, four get off, and eleven get on. At the third stop, two get off, and six get on. At the fourth stop, thirteen get off, and one gets on. At the fifth stop, five get off, and three get on. At the sixth stop, three get off, and two get on. What color are the bus driver's eyes? Your color

#5 If you take two apples from three apples, how many do you have? 2

#6 A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word? short

#7 An electric train is traveling northwest at 95 miles per hour, and the wind is blowing southwest at 95 miles per hour. In which direction does the smoke blow? there is no smoke

#8 Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? 12

#9 A train leaves from New York City heading toward Los Angeles at 100 mph. Three hours later, a train leaves from Los Angeles heading toward New York City at 200 mph. Assume there's exactly 2000 miles between Los Angeles and New York City. When they meet, which train is closer to New York City? Same distance

#10 A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible? Triplets

#11 A man lives in a house with four walls. Each wall has a window. Each window has a southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear? White

#12 Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair? 2

#13 A black man dressed all in black, wearing a black mask, stands at a crossroads in a totally black-painted town. All of the streetlights in town are broken. There is no moon. A black-painted car without headlights drives straight toward him, but turns in time and doesn't hit him. How did the driver know to swerve? It's the middle of the day

#15 A horse is tied to a 30 foot rope. A haystack lies 40 feet away, but the horse is able to eat it. How is this possible? It's not tied to anything else

#16 Forward I'm heavy, backwards I'm not. What am I? ton

#17 What two words have the most letters in it? I and It?

#19 An encyclopedia consists of ten volumes (sitting next to each other, in order, on a shelf). Each volume contains one thousand pages. Excluding the covers of each volume, how many pages are between the first page of the encyclopedia and the last? 4998

#20 If a boy and a half can eat a hot dog and a half in a minute and a half, how long would it take six boys to eat six hot dogs? minute and a half

#21 How long is the answer to this question? As long as I wanna make it

#22 What do you call a man who was born in Columbus, raised in Cincinnati, and died in Chicago? Dead

#23 How many outs in an inning? 6

#24 How many birthdays does the average man have? 1

#25 If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first? None

#26 If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you? 1 hour

#27 An archeologist claims he found some gold coins dated 46 B.C. Do you believe him? No

#28 Is it legal for a man living west of the Mississippi River to be buried east of the Mississippi River? No

#29 Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer? 70

#30 How many animals of each gender did Moses take aboard the ark? None

#31 A clerk in a butcher's shop is five foot ten. What does he weigh? Meat

#32 Do they have a 4th of July in England? Yes

#33 In North Carolina, is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister? No (he's dead)

#34 A man leaves home and takes three left turns. Upon arriving back home he comes across two men wearing masks. Who are these men? Guys robbing his house

#35 How can you take 1 from 19 and leave 20? XIX

#36 Jack gave John the following challenge: "If you sit down in that chair, I bet I can make you get out of it before I run around the chair three times," he said.
"Aw, that's not fair," John said. "You'll just prick me with a pin or something."

"Nope," Jack said. "I won't touch you, either directly or with any object. If you get out of the chair, it'll be by your own choice."

John thought, accepted the challenge, and lo and behold, Jack won the bet. How did he do it?
He just left the room, without running around the chair at all.

#37 How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that's two feet wide, three feet long, and four feet deep? None

#38 A strong man at the circus can bench press 1200 pounds. How much can he lift with a pulley and a 25 foot rope when the rope weighs two pounds, the pulley is attached to the ceiling, the ceiling is 10 feet from the floor, and the man is standing on the floor? Not much, if the rope's not on the pulley

#40 What word is always spelled incorrectly? incorrectly

#41 On what day(s) of the year does the sun rise and set at the same time of day? Equinoxes

#42 Think of words ending in "gry." Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is. language

#43 If eggs can be laid at the rate of eight every seven days, how many can a rooster lay in sixteen days? None

#44 George's mother had three children: one named April, one named May, and one named what? George
pff

I don't really know what I'm doing here

Last edited by Scoot951; 3 Feb 2003 at 00:37.
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:37   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
#1 I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they? Solution
The other one was a nickel... (some combination that works)

Quote:
#10 A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible? Solution
Two from triplets, quads etc....

Quote:
#14 A man was born in 1964 and died in 1984 at the age of 25. How is this possible? Solution
House/flat numbers (or similar)

Quote:
The word "ton"

Quote:
#20 If a boy and a half can eat a hot dog and a half in a minute and a half, how long would it take six boys to eat six hot dogs? Solution
1.5mins, same ratio of boys:hot-dogs

Quote:
26 If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you? Solution
1hour, take one when he gives them, 1 halfhour later, then another 1hr after first

Quote:
#27 An archeologist claims he found some gold coins dated 46 B.C. Do you believe him? Solution
Nope, the term "BC" was only used after 0BC.

Quote:
nope, cos he's still living

Quote:
#33 In North Carolina, is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister? Solution
For a man to have a widow, he must be dead....

Quote:
XIX is 19, take the I and you have XX which is twenty

Quote:
one, unless you have a new-fangled one with 2

Quote:
"incorrectly" is always spelt "incorrectly"
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:40   #18
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

#2 A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left?

#3 Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible? Solution

Not raining

#4 You are a bus driver. At the first stop of the day, eight people get on board. At the second stop, four get off, and eleven get on. At the third stop, two get off, and six get on. At the fourth stop, thirteen get off, and one gets on. At the fifth stop, five get off, and three get on. At the sixth stop, three get off, and two get on. What color are the bus driver's eyes? Solution

Blue

#6 A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word? Solution

shorter

#7 An electric train is traveling northwest at 95 miles per hour, and the wind is blowing southwest at 95 miles per hour. In which direction does the smoke blow? Solution

no smoke

#8 Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? Solution

#9 A train leaves from New York City heading toward Los Angeles at 100 mph. Three hours later, a train leaves from Los Angeles heading toward New York City at 200 mph. Assume there's exactly 2000 miles between Los Angeles and New York City. When they meet, which train is closer to New York City? Solution

They are both an equal distance from it

Different month?

#11 A man lives in a house with four walls. Each wall has a window. Each window has a southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear? Solution

White

#13 A black man dressed all in black, wearing a black mask, stands at a crossroads in a totally black-painted town. All of the streetlights in town are broken. There is no moon. A black-painted car without headlights drives straight toward him, but turns in time and doesn't hit him. How did the driver know to swerve? Solution

Daytime

#15 A horse is tied to a 30 foot rope. A haystack lies 40 feet away, but the horse is able to eat it. How is this possible? Solution

Rope not tied

Solution

One

#19 An encyclopedia consists of ten volumes (sitting next to each other, in order, on a shelf). Each volume contains one thousand pages. Excluding the covers of each volume, how many pages are between the first page of the encyclopedia and the last? Solution

1 Minute

Twice half its length

#22 What do you call a man who was born in Columbus, raised in Cincinnati, and died in Chicago? Solution

Whatever his name was

One

#25 If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first? Solution

The match

#26 If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you? Solution

1 hour

No. Coins weren't dated BC

No

70?

One

Meat

Yes

No

#37 How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that's two feet wide, three feet long, and four feet deep? Solution

None

#38 A strong man at the circus can bench press 1200 pounds. How much can he lift with a pulley and a 25 foot rope when the rope weighs two pounds, the pulley is attached to the ceiling, the ceiling is 10 feet from the floor, and the man is standing on the floor? Solution

5 foot of rope?

4?

'Spelt'

#44 George's mother had three children: one named April, one named May, and one named what? Solution

George

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:40   #19
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

a quarter and on o' them 20 cent coin thingies (i got no idea btw)

#2 A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left? Solution

its not raining

brown

three in total, 2 in ur hand and one in front of you

short

its electric, so no smoke, if there was, it wud go backwards.

all of em

if they meet, they're just gonna be one great hulk of twisted metal, therefore. none.

she was a freak

white

#12 Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair? Solution

daytime

he died after his birthday? ()

nothing on the other end

yvaeh

#17 What two words have the most letters in it? Solution

in and it have the same amount of letters.

Solution

st.ives (unless u got lost, in which case it cud be anywhere)

1 min

there is no spoon.

dead.

#23 How many outs in an inning? Solution

3 i believe

1 per year

the match

an hour.

no, they didnt use money in those days.

depends whats east of the mississippi river.

meat

yes.

why wouldnt it be?

#34 A man leaves home and takes three left turns. Upon arriving back home he comes across two men wearing masks. Who are these men? Solution

burglars

best person to talk to about that would be your counsellor

Solution

fuct if i know.

none

depends on the height of what hes lifting?

2, one on each side.

incorrectly?

#41 On what day(s) of the year does the sun rise and set at the same time of day? Solution

?

#42 Think of words ending in "gry." Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is. Solution

wasnt paying attention and cba re-reading.

#43 If eggs can be laid at the rate of eight every seven days, how many can a rooster lay in sixteen days? Solution

none, hes a bloke.

george
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 04:18   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Brainteaser of the Week

I know the canonical answers, so don't take this seriously
Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
  6. Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair?
  1. One, named seven.
  2. Two apples, the ones you stole from the three apples.
  3. Sortr
  4. Away from the burning electric train
  5. On average 0.75 per year.
  6. One pair.
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 20:54   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Solutions:

1) 7
2) 1
3) short
4) no smoke, its electric (south-west if steam)
5) all have 28
6) different month
7) 3

no-one got them all 100% right

haha
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores