User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:14   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
This monday, 20th of Januari, will be a big day!

For then, I will release my first game: Pong3D.
So, make some free room on your harddisks, save up some dailup time and hold on to those milk and cookies, for some hardcore gam0ring experience.

[/blatant_advertising]
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:14   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Hurrah!

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:23   #3
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Am looknig forward to it.

Brought some cookies and milk for the word "Go"

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:26   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Hopefully it will run for me at more than 2 fps

The screenshots look nice anyway
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:39   #5
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
looks ****e!

just kidding but I've been playing the online version of curveball which owns, you should include something like that in it

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:48   #6
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
/me waits impatiently
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 14:04   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by sh@dow
just kidding but I've been playing the online version of curveball which owns, you should include something like that in it
It's like curveball, except I took at a bit of a personal annoyance that caused the ball to lose it's curve after having hit the opponent paddle.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 14:11   #8
Idi

make it so you can play it against people on the intarweb!!!
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 14:16   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
make it so you can play it against people on the intarweb!!!
no time, no time... I have no knowledge of WinSock, and implementing something of which I know shiet in less than a day is rather not possible. Or you must give me a init, write and read function of a server and client that I can implement with no/little problems.

I have ideas of a futuristic race game in my mind though, of which I want to make a network version... but that's in the far future.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 15:44   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
I still demand customisable flag paddles and a country leader board.

Make it so ensign!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 15:50   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
I demand you remove the bottom bar of: http://struct.m33p.net as it is copyrighted by me. I made a style with that in including the exact same colours with layout almost a year ago and if u refuse to remove it I'll get the BGI to sue you (British Graphics Insurance).

I'm being serious for once. This is Copyright Infringement.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 19 Jan 2003 at 15:55.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 15:56   #12
Idi

if this game isnt open sourced so that i can try and add networking support if i can be arsed, then i will find you and kill you.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:00   #13
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
I demand you remove the bottom bar of: http://struct.m33p.net as it is copyrighted by me. I made a style with that in including the exact same colours with layout almost a year ago and if u refuse to remove it I'll get the BGI to sue you (British Graphics Insurance).

I'm being serious for once. This is Copyright Infringement.
Shut up.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:01   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
Shut up.
Go away you imagination of nothingness. This is a legal affair now :-)
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:02   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
if this game isnt open sourced so that i can try and add networking support if i can be arsed, then i will find you and kill you.
But the code isn't pretty...
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:03   #16
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Either are you - we've seen pictures on PAG, but we still talk to you.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:04   #17
skiddy
wild one

Oh, Struct, I just dl'ed 3dsMax5.

It's kinda the same as 4

Discreet follows in Microsoft's footsteps?
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:07   #18
Idi

Quote:
have you ever seen any of the gpl code that linux is famous for? it cant be *that* bad....
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:22   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Oh, Struct, I just dl'ed 3dsMax5.

It's kinda the same as 4

Discreet follows in Microsoft's footsteps?
What are you on about?
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:29   #20
Timmeh

Quote:
What are you on about?
Nevermind...
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:33   #21
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmeh
Nevermind...
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:43   #22
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Hey make it fullscreen- that's why it won't run on my PC.

My PC doesn't like OpenGL in a window!
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:51   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
WOW.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 18:39   #24
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Either are you - we've seen pictures on PAG, but we still talk to you.
Thank you....

Code:
if (user.name == "skiddy")
{
    Pong3D.crash();
}
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 18:51   #25
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Now where can I have seen this before?????
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 18:56   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Nondescript Human
Now where can I have seen this before?????
Mine is prettier!
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:00   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

But it won't run for me (((((((

Fullscreen will make it work though!
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 20:47   #28
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
But it won't run for me (((((((

Fullscreen will make it work though!
What a nonsense... You might want to reinstall your drivers then, cause this is not possible. Thereby, I would either have to make the choice of people where OGL in fullscreen doesn't work (my PC at work) or where OGL windowed doesn't work (you).
Leaving out a fullscreen was a design choice BTW. Pong isn't a game that one plays for hours, just in between and even at work, where you like to click it away as fast as possible.

<insert 10 minutes of silence here>

OK, I fiddled around a bit and you can run your game in fullscreen if you fiddle around with the config file.... it's very obvious, you CAN'T miss it. It's windowed mode by default.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 20:59   #29
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Okay thanks!