User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jan 2003, 11:23   #1
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
I invented a religion

I invented a religion about 20 years ago. I called it Protonism.

Basically there are two facets of the universe -- Protons, the positive or the good side -- and Electrons, the negative or bad side. We also recognize Neutrons. They are like Switzerland so we don't talk about them much because the idea of gold teeth fillings from dead Jews makes us uncomfortable.

Anyway, the Protons are responsible for all the good things in life like UNICEF or the Red Cross, and the Electrons are responsible for Idi Amin and Adolf Hitler.

We think once we have figured out a way to destroy all of the Electrons in the universe, everything will go bang and we will all be dead. Being dead might sound bad, but at least we will all be made up of only Protons.

We have not been able to raise the funds to build a church yet, but you can send your donations to the PA crew. They will probably keep the money rather than give it to us, but PA crew is mostly Protons anyway, except for Spinner who is definitely an Electron. I think the proof of that is in the ship stat changes each round. I think he told Zeus he is a Proton, but we all know that Electrons lie out of habit.

Anyway, I stopped going to church 20 years ago. As soon as we get one built you are all invited to come to our first service where we hope to have a really big LAN game set up.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:26   #2
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I read about a religion involving barcodes.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:27   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Being "good" and being "evil" depends whos perspective you look at it from. e.g Casto.

being an electron or proton are not.

your religion IS FLAWED.

FLAWED
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:32   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
Being "good" and being "evil" depends whos perspective you look at it from. e.g Casto.

being an electron or proton are not.

your religion IS FLAWED.

FLAWED
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:36   #5
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
I like to think my religion is only slightly more flawed than the other major religions.

You JammyJim baby are obviously either an Electron or a Neutron. Beg to be a Proton and I might rethink my opinion.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:38   #6
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Perhaps those that recognise that good and evil are in the eye of the beer-holder are the Nuetrons of the world?

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:41   #7
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
The outer orbit is for me
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:51   #8
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Perhaps those that recognise that good and evil are in the eye of the beer-holder are the Nuetrons of the world?
They are Protons in the eye of the beer-holder.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 12:56   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
For some reason people aren't taking the religion seriously.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:51   #10
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts
Weee! I'm a quark!
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:56   #11
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
the sole purpose of your religion appears to be the destruction of the electrons.

When you have destroyed them the reason for your religion will dissapear and you will go mad. Become a hermit, and cackle at passing wenches.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 02:24   #12
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Bobism...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 02:26   #13
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Where do neutrons fit into all this?

Are they... neutral?

Never mind.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 02:53   #14
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
so you plan to destroy all the people you perceive as bad, the people you dont like basically.

So you then have a super race of only good people.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 02:54   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
so you plan to destroy all the people you perceive as bad, the people you dont like basically.

So you then have a super race of only good people.
It's called 'Doing a Hitler' in the business.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 03:13   #16
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
the only thing is your made partly of electrons too and therefore you cant possibly join a church for protons only!

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 08:47   #17
Texan
Prince of Amber

I already cackle at the passing wenches.

The goal of the religion is the destruction of all matter.

Death to all Electrons.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 09:24   #18
Texan
Prince of Amber

Death to all Antimatterists. They do not have the right to live. There are only five point nine million of them. They should all die.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:40   #19
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
When the Gods of Antimatter waltz through the wormhole and start destroying us all you'll be thinking differently then.
The gods of Antimatter as you call them do not have that capability. They are stuck in a tiny ****hole part of the Earth and will never escape.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:47   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Im gonna be starting my own religion soon.
I just need to find out about what.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:53   #21
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Im gonna be starting my own religion soon.
I just need to find out about what.
Snurxism is a very nice religion. Protonists attend their religious gatherings occassionally.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 17:55   #22
warlady
Lazy :)

warlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone for a spot of Dadaism...?
warlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 23:36   #23
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
As I told snurx; you can't start a religion unless you have fifteen wives

fs. pay attention :eek:

ps. I'm a positron
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 20:13   #24
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
As I told snurx; you can't start a religion unless you have fifteen wives

fs. pay attention :eek:

ps. I'm a positron
Positrons are OK people, not great but OK. They don't really all have to die now, but they will surely die at the end of the universe. (as was foretold in the prophecies)

"Even the Positrons will not survive the end of the universe. Though their false prophets have proclaimed that the followers of the great Posit will live forever and ever, their beliefs are false and they will be cast down at the end of days."

Protons III:26
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 05:05   #25
Ahlul bayt
Lar de dar dar

Ahlul bayt is an unknown quantity at this point
Your religion is dangerous!

Don't we need electrons in the universe? Wouldn't their be inbalance that would destroy the universe? Electrons are their for a reason!

I have a better solution: convert all the elctrons!
Ahlul bayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 05:15   #26
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahlul bayt
Your religion is dangerous!

Don't we need electrons in the universe? Wouldn't their be inbalance that would destroy the universe? Electrons are their for a reason!

I have a better solution: convert all the elctrons!

I can see you're missing the point

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:41   #27
Ahlul bayt
Lar de dar dar

Ahlul bayt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
I can see you're missing the point

Naa just a little sarcasm, dont take it too literally
Ahlul bayt is offline   Reply With Quote